DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WHAT WILLOW IS WEARING
Previous reports indicated Willow was wearing a purple nightgown. The
nightgown has since been found inside the house, and police do not know what
Willow was wearing when she left the house. Effingham County Sheriff John Monnet said Willow did not have her glasses with her when she left.

THE SEARCH CONTINUES
The search will be suspended from 2-5 p.m. this afternoon due to the heat. 300 volunteers are currently working on the search, and each is matched with a first responder. Authorities said no more volunteers are needed at this time.

HOW YOU CAN HELP
Authorities are re-interviewing neighbors, relatives, and friends to find out more about how Willow disappeared. They encourage all area residents to check their surveillance cameras and trail cams for any unusual activity, especially Sunday morning. They also encourage farmers to thoroughly search their property, including any out-buildings, for missing toys or other unusual activity.

The Effingham County Red Cross is assisting with water and supplies for the search teams.

WHAT'S NEXT
Authorities plan another press briefing around 4 p.m. today.
http://www.wics.com/news/top-stories/stories/vid_13024.shtml

Personally I can't see a 7 year old walking 8 miles alone *ever* let alone "regularly"....IMO

15 minutes to presser--I'm on phone--can somebody pretty please transcribe?? Thank you!

Sending good thoughts to Willow...she has captured my heart!

Yeah, that's what I meant, trying to be sarcastic. :blushing: the comment said she was known to do it which I'm calling bs. No way a 7 year old walks that distance once, let alone be known for it.

I've been ignoring my hinky meter and now I have the feeling that it may backfire on me. In so many of these cases, the "parents" are to blame. I so badly wanted this one to be different....

Lots of character assassination going on over on the Missing Willow Long facebook and on the local radio station one. You can read it for yourself.

Not good. I hope LE knows something we don't know and has some sort of direction to go other than just blanket searching.... :sigh:
Too much time has passed.

Presser :Trying to go on door by door search on the city proper.
Edited: this is from the 1 p.m. presser earlier today. Sorry! No link yet for 4 p.m. presser yet.

I hope so. It's such a small town, it can't keep its secrets hidden that well.. can it?

I think small towns are the best at keeping the big secrets. Everyone talks, but no one talks to LE. It's a "we're family" mentality.

I hope I'm watching the latest and not an earlier broadcast

trench, if you are watching something right from the news website it most likely the 1pm briefing.... I cannot find a live link for the most recent...

I searched for Willow Long on Twitter and I don't see any recent posts about the 4 PM presser, so it looks like it hasn't happened yet.

I don't know what they are called, but there's a camera that people use on their farmland and ranch property to catch destructive critters (like wild animals attacking their chicken coops, etc). What are those called? I pray people in that area who have those are reviewing them for signs of Willow. I want to say Trail Cameras?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member