GUILTY IL - Willow Long, 7, Watson, 8 Sept 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone see her at all after she left her home?

has the house been cordoned off and is it being processed as a possible crime scene? If someone had come to the door and decided to abduct willow, it's important to get a csi team in there immediately before friends, neighbours, family, le, etc start trampling everything and leaving dna. I notice this is never done right away and valuable evidence is lost in the week it takes le to determine that there may be foul play involved and decide to get warrants to search. I don't understand why they don't have people leave the home for a couple of days and start processing the last known location immediately. I'm sure they'd have the permission of the mother and may not even need a warrant.

Moo

i. So. Agree. With. This. Post!!!

I am reading that there will only be professional search and rescue with fire/police department searches tomorrow.
How comes?

I am reading that there will only be professional search and rescue with fire/police department searches tomorrow.
How comes?

During the presser @ 4 p.m., they stated that 4 people were medically treated due to the heat, one had to go to the hospital. I'm not sure if this is the reason, but it could be.

Anyone hear from the Sheriff or have a link? They said he would be speaking at 5. I haven't seen anything.

I want to know if she was at school on Friday, and what they (the family) did Saturday....

Personally I can't see a 7 year old walking 8 miles alone *ever* let alone "regularly"....IMO

15 minutes to presser--I'm on phone--can somebody pretty please transcribe?? Thank you!

Sending good thoughts to Willow...she has captured my heart!

I agree. I call BS on that info.

I live about 1.5 hours away....no Amber Alert or anything. Probably because it's not a suspected abduction? Shouldn't any child missing over 24 hrs have an alert??

Facebook update.

WICS ABC 20

about an hour ago
MISSING GIRL UPDATE: Authorities will soon resume searching for 7-year-old Willow Long, after suspending operations through the afternoon due to heat.

Civilians will not be out the rest of the day as someone previously stated. Only authorities will resume searching tonight.

Thank you so much searchers!! What an outpouring for this little girl! Such a small town, I think everyone showed up. Hoping they find her soon. :please:

News Talk 1090 ‏@1090WCRA 36m
Volunteer efforts in the search for missing Willow Long of Watson will be suspended at 8pm. Emergency officials will remain on the search.

https://twitter.com/1090WCRA

Yes, the news could be slow. But I really hope LE has done a better job searching in and around Willow's home. I keep thinking of Nurse's car trunk post. Kids have also been known to be folded up in a reclining chair or fold up couch and not found for days.

Folded up in a chair or couch!?!

:eek:

I am not liking the sound of ANY of this. That poor baby girl.

I hope we don't find out later that Willow's house wasn't secured off, searched, processed as a possible crime scene until hours/days later.

I'm trying to catch up, but if no one minds, I have a couple questions.

1. How many people live in her household? Is it just her, mom, and the little brother? Is there a live in bf? Who and where is her father?

2. Does she have any developmental/behavior problems? I ask this because my son (who is 7 now) would regularly take off on foot, no shoes, inappropriate clothing, early in the morning before anyone else was awake. No fear, no effect from the cold, no real signs of discomfort. Second, for families of kids with behavioral issues, Sundays are often hell day. Monday through Friday, there is school, so even if the kid acts up, the parents get a break. Saturday is usually okay, even though it isn't easy to keep up the same routine as during the week. Sunday just seems to be that day that doesn't fit in anywhere for the kid, and when the meltdowns come, they just seem to be harder and worse to deal with than the other ones. I'm not pointing fingers, but if an adult is going to lose their temper, it seems to happen more on Sundays. Personal observation only.

3. Have they found anything besides the pond with the footprints and the maybe relevant scent trail?

Thanks in advance. I'll go back to page 8 and keep reading.

Wasn't there a pond they talked about searching? Wonder if that's been done?

I am not liking the sound of ANY of this. That poor baby girl.

I agree, sadly, I really don't see this ending up well. Has her dad arrived in town yet? Last I heard he was en route....

In a press briefing this afternoon, Effingham County authorities said searchers are concentrating on a 20-square-mile area to find Willow. They have already searched 18 square miles, including all bodies of water around the house. Footprints found near one body of water turned out not to be Willow's.

http://wics.com/news/top-stories/stories/vid_13024.shtml

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member