GUILTY IL - Willow Long, 7, Watson, 8 Sept 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Folded up in a chair or couch!?!

:eek:

i've heard of that too :-/ so crazy! also, old refrigerators and freezers that still have the doors on them---heard it's illegal to leave them curbside w/ the doors on actually (not sure if it's just an ordinance, law, etc)

Wasn't there a pond they talked about searching? Wonder if that's been done?

Yes, they did search the closest pond early on. Sorry I do not have a link but the one with her footprints around it was searched.

Does not appear to have. I find this kind of strange to announce 4pm, then 5pm, and still nothing. Please let this little one be okay. :please:

Often when they announce a press conference and keep postponing it for hours, it means that they are working on something big that needs to be completed before they release the information. Let's just hope it is good news...:please:

I only seem to stumble upon the odd cases here :scared:
This doesn't make any sense to me either. I know all children are different, but many of my friends have children that are just around 3-4 years old and as most people have stated, they can pretty much speak in at least partial sentences by then. Like I said, all kids are different with their communication so he might not, but I still find it weird he didn't go anything more than just point to the door...

I also hope that they secured the house as a possible crime scene before too long, just in case. As of this time, I don't think anyone in the house had anything to do with the disappearance. I feel as if Willow probably left on her own and stumbled upon trouble, whether it be a stranger or water, silo, mine, field, etc. But even with that being said, the precautions still need to be taken to cordon off the house as a possible crime scene..someone just said that upthread a bit.

Although at times my hope runs thin, I really hope little Willow comes home unharmed :please:

I grew up in a couple of towns this small, probably smaller, and I can tell you now I am finding it really hard to fathom the no sightings bit. In towns this size everyone does know everyone and people would notice her walking by herself.....there should have been a couple of sightings unless she has hidden somewhere.

I'm trying to catch up, but if no one minds, I have a couple questions.

1. How many people live in her household? Is it just her, mom, and the little brother? Is there a live in bf? Who and where is her father?

2. Does she have any developmental/behavior problems? I ask this because my son (who is 7 now) would regularly take off on foot, no shoes, inappropriate clothing, early in the morning before anyone else was awake. No fear, no effect from the cold, no real signs of discomfort. Second, for families of kids with behavioral issues, Sundays are often hell day. Monday through Friday, there is school, so even if the kid acts up, the parents get a break. Saturday is usually okay, even though it isn't easy to keep up the same routine as during the week. Sunday just seems to be that day that doesn't fit in anywhere for the kid, and when the meltdowns come, they just seem to be harder and worse to deal with than the other ones. I'm not pointing fingers, but if an adult is going to lose their temper, it seems to happen more on Sundays. Personal observation only.

3. Have they found anything besides the pond with the footprints and the maybe relevant scent trail?

Thanks in advance. I'll go back to page 8 and keep reading.
1. Only her, mom and brother have been reported living there. The father lives in Texas. 2. Non have been reported. 3. They found her shirt she was reported missing in at her house. No new clothing reported.

While I find much of this situation "hinky", the 3 yr old pointing to the door doesn't raise any flags with me. I've raised 5 kids and had a home day care for years. My daughter at 3 would have given me a novel had I asked her where her brother went at the age of 3, complete with what he was wearing, where he was going, what he took and quite possibly a weather forecast. Most of my boys, however, well, yeah.... point to the door, maybe say, "outside"... face it, most guys just don't talk like girls do, and it's not something that randomly starts later in life.

Did anyone see her at all after she left her home?

If no one has seen her and the 600 people searching found nothing, I just don't know! But I don't think this is going to be a good ending. So precious!

I grew up in a couple of towns this small, probably smaller, and I can tell you now I am finding it really hard to fathom the no sightings bit. In towns this size everyone does know everyone and people would notice her walking by herself.....there should have been a couple of sightings unless she has hidden somewhere.

ITA someone would have seen her. In such a small town a young girl who was most likely known to most if not all residents would have been noticed. It is not impossible that she wouldn't have been noticed in town, but to get out of town she would have had to travel on roads that she would definitely been noticed on. A small girl walking down a rural road would have been noticed. At 7, would she have known how to cut through the farms and open areas?

Video at the link that I just posted said that she left in her "PJ's" after having a fight with her "parents". Really, could someone get the story straight before publishing it?

That reporting of "parents" gave me the incorrect impression, too... :waitasec:

JMO

In a press briefing this afternoon, Effingham County authorities said searchers are concentrating on a 20-square-mile area to find Willow. They have already searched 18 square miles, including all bodies of water around the house. Footprints found near one body of water turned out not to be Willow's.

http://wics.com/news/top-stories/stories/vid_13024.shtml

Curious whether LE searched Willow's house thoroughly?? And with dogs.

When my DD was that age, and she got mad at her brother, she would stomp off to our neighbors house. They had 2 older daughters that loved to play with and spoil my DD.

I wonder if she had a favorite neighbors house that she liked to go to.

Wonder if anyone called in and missed work at any of the McDonalds Sunday or today?

With hundreds of people responding, there can't be anyone locally who is unaware of this search and Willow. If anyone had seen her at all yesterday, surely LE would know by now...

I wonder if there are any wells in the area and if they have all been searched?

I think there is still a lot if info missing here!! I don't know any kids that do the storm out the door after an argument without mum witnessing it to give its desired effect!! The argument must not have been upsetting enough for Williw to leave if she sat with her little brother and watched tv while mum went back to bed. We can't be positive she was wearing no shoes and a purple nightshirt. Mum was in bed and Willow could have got herself dressed. I don't think mum had enough time to go through her cupboards and see if any clothes were missing.
Just a couple of things I've been wondering :)

BBM, I'm sorry but I just had to laugh. You are so right. Looking back it wasn't till I was older that I started having the capacity to use it primarily as a cool-off time without caring if anyone else realized just how mad I was! Just me.

I'm sick to my stomach that little Willow has not been found yet. Going back to read now, with sadness.

IMO
There was no "argument" (bad reporting or rumors run rampant), she was last seen in her the purple shirt by mom, but more than likely changed clothes in the 2+/- hours before she was reported missing. It's going on close to 36 hours since her mom called to report her missing--she is only 7 (a young 7 by the looks of her-1st grade?), so I'm seriously doubting a runaway or storm-off....

Nothing makes sense here. It's a small town--I live in a town close to this size. Everyone knows how many times I sneeze on a daily basis :eyeroll:

Somebody knows something. Hopefully LE does too. I agree with the speculation about the presser delay being linked with new info.

Again MOO...but I'm really scared for the outcome of this.....

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member