GUILTY IL - Willow Long, 7, Watson, 8 Sept 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Those silos are bothering me too for some reason, as well as the town water tower for some reason. :(

Here's a good pic of the grain storage buildings...

http://www.city-data.com/picfilesv/picv11023.php

You can also get a lot of city data from that link. Not that I think it would help any in this case, just found it interesting that so much info is compiled on such a small town.

MOO

looking at the drain pipe in that photo, she's small enough to fit in one of those ...

100+ degrees heat index, 7 year old child, nearly 36 hours missing...she's not hiding. JMO. And I think LE knows this as well...the lack of info (even in a small town) is very telling....

Moo and :(

I agree.

Normally by now someone, a neighbour usually, says that they saw the child playing the day before or something. There is complete silence.

My granddaughter is 7, and this makes me sick. I wonder how she went walking and nobody saw a thing. I'm not liking it at all. If she has close friends around there, I hope they have asked them if they had favorite spots to play.

OT: We went today to check out a new horse. His name is Willow. Just meant to be, we're getting him!

The entire time working him to see his attitude, etc., I kept thinking of dear Willow.

http://www.bnd.com/2013/09/09/2789338/volunteers-police-search-for-missing.html

WATSON, ILL. — Authorities in the Southern Illinois county of Effingham are searching for a 7-year-old girl who has been missing since Sunday.

KSDK-TV in St. Louis reports (http://on.ksdk.com/17LjI6U ) trained emergency responders will be searching overnight for Willow Long, who was last seen in her home in Watson. Illinois State Police Flare Plane, which detects heat, will be used during the overnight search.

Authorities say the girl's mother learned that Willow was missing after she took a 90-minute nap. When she got up, Willow's toddler brother pointed at the door. Police say they suspect no foul play in the girl's disappearance.

More than 400 volunteers, using infrared detection equipment, dogs and all-terrain vehicles, searched for the little girl Monday.

Willow is approximately four feet tall, and has shoulder-length red hair.

Read more here: http://www.bnd.com/2013/09/09/2789338/volunteers-police-search-for-missing.html#storylink=cpy

Everything about this bothers me. Last seen at her home and brother pointing to the door. She very well may have left with someone else---i don't like that a car needs to be included in order for an amber alert to be issued. Interstate help would be nice---especially after 36 hours....who knows where she could be if she didn't "walk" out.

There was info earlier about Willow possibly following the railroad tracks out of town. I haven't seen where this was ruled out (but admittedly, I haven't read every post in this thread). Anyone have the latest on that story?

All caught up. Love her little name.. I'm very worried like all of you for this little girl. I have to admit, I don't know details about her family but unfortunately anytime a mom has a boyfriend, I get really nervous. I must have read too many cases here. I'm not suggesting... Just thinking out loud.

And it never sits well with me when there is no reporting of independent sightings (aside from family members) of the missing in a reasonable amount of time prior to going missing...

:waitasec:

JMO

I was so hoping Willow will would be back home by the time I returned...so very sad that she isn't. Where could she possibly be? I have felt since the beginning that she was most likely taken. By whom, where, why, how, etc...remain to be seen. Oh please let them find her soon. For some reason I believe her to still be alive, she must be so frightened though. :(

...I am a lot closer to this than I thought (I'm horrible at geography), being only 1 state over it's very plausible she'll be taken through here (or any number of states that surround IL). Everyone please be on the lookout wherever you go. Little Willow has very distinctive looks about her...not only that red, red red hair, but those adorable moonshaped eyes. I keep feeling like she's going to be found alive by a person who happens to see her in a backseat of a car, a rest stop or a diner, etc.

[Edit]: I know it's hard talking to kiddos about this but I encourage ALL parents to show them her pictures in detail and explain that she is missing. You never know when a new kid could pop up in your child's school and it be her.

I agree.

Normally by now someone, a neighbour usually, says that they saw the child playing the day before or something. There is complete silence.

Without verified sighting of the missing by another, independent person... We may wonder if the missing person may have gone missing at an earlier time/day...

JMO

ITA someone would have seen her. In such a small town a young girl who was most likely known to most if not all residents would have been noticed. It is not impossible that she wouldn't have been noticed in town, but to get out of town she would have had to travel on roads that she would definitely been noticed on. A small girl walking down a rural road would have been noticed. At 7, would she have known how to cut through the farms and open areas?
bbm
.....and this precious angel has red hair. She would have been immediately identified by many of the residents because of her hair.

Not sleuthing the mom but I'm wondering if it was ever determined the way she left? Did she storm off after an argument as was initially reported did she wander off while mom was asleep?

If the time was between 8 and 10:49am did they all get up for Saturday Morning, Mom and Willow got in an argument mom went to bed with a head ache checked on her at 8am then went to bed and got up 3 hours later and she was gone? So this arguement was before 7am on Saturday with the mom already having a headache?

I could be mistaken, but I don't think it has been reported that she stormed off. I think the report was that she argued with her mother some time prior to her going missing. That led to speculation that she may have left because she was angry with her mother and "stormed off."

Afaik, there's been nothing to suggest that her mother or anyone else saw her leave (unless you count the 3yo pointing to the door), much less storming off.

jmo

I am starting to think she was abducted by someone when she left her house. :( So many of those cases are "wrong place, at the wrong time".

Without verified sighting of the missing by another, independent person... We may wonder if the missing person may have gone missing at an earlier time/day...

JMO

Exactly. I'm concerned about that. Do we know if she was in school Friday?*

* not being local I am assuming Friday was a regular school day. Has everywhere gone back after the summer break?

Nothing has been released of anyone seeing her other than the brother and Mom at this point. At least that I can find.

Going up Main Street until it ends, make a left and go up a bit. Come to a million cars. I was looking for a store or a gas station and there is this lot FULL of cars. Just stood out.

I think that's more common in cases where they believe the child was kidnapped, since the parents are pleading for the abductor to let the child go.

I can't recall a single missing child case where the parents haven't spoke at all. Dylan Redvine wasn't thought to be with an abductor at the beginning. His Mom was pleading and pleading. Other cases I seem to recall parents asking people to search their properties, look in their cars etc..

Even adult missing persons cases, the family gets out into the media right away.

I'm not saying the parents are involved in any way. I just find it odd. My face would be smack in the news asking people to help, thanking searchers for helping, etc..

:twocents:

No actual confirmation of any argument. At all.

Yes there was school Friday. We do not know if Willow attended that day.

(Just answering common questions for our "night shift")

I can't recall a single missing child case where the parents haven't spoke at all. Dylan Redvine wasn't thought to be with an abductor at the beginning. His Mom was pleading and pleading. Other cases I seem to recall parents asking people to search their properties, look in their cars etc..

Even adult missing persons cases, the family gets out into the media right away.

I'm not saying the parents are involved in any way. I just find it odd. My face would be smack in the news asking people to help, thanking searchers for helping, etc..

:twocents:

Nadia Bloom comes to mind, her mother didn't speak to the media. She was found safe :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LowStuff5019