GUILTY IL - Willow Long, 7, Watson, 8 Sept 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see a lot of people asking or wondering why the parents have not made a public appearance pleading for their daughter's safe return. I think a big reason might be because...over the years, every time parents hold a presser or televised interview of some sort, people spend the next week, month or year picking apart those parents' facial expressions. Did they cry enough? Did their mouth crease when they said such-and-such? Did you see the way her eye twitched when she said blah blah? Omg, she's not crying, she did it! Dad looks suspicious. Mom said that weird. And the list goes ON and on and on.

If it were me I wouldn't take interviews and I wouldn't make televised statements. I would want ALL eyes and all efforts focused on finding my kid...once a parent goes public, eyes go off the "missing" and onto those who are "missing the missing".

LE can say repeatedly that the family is innocent but regular people will still scrutinize every single part of an interview instead of actively doing things (however small) to find the missing.

I'm new here, but that's just my two cents.

.... I hope some locals join us. It always helps me to have that perspective. Where is she?? They have searched so many miles. She has to be under their nose!!!!

I don't get where they got the "argument" angle from if it wasn't the mom saying it? Also looking at FB, is AH the dad or a bf from a year or so ago? The other news article implies there is a different bf now. Could the BF from a year or 2 ago still be attached to and got her? Also the difference in disposition between Willow and her little brother in the pictures is striking. Willow just glows and seems so happy while her little brother seems miserable in every pic.

I can't recall a single missing child case where the parents haven't spoke at all. Dylan Redvine wasn't thought to be with an abductor at the beginning. His Mom was pleading and pleading. Other cases I seem to recall parents asking people to search their properties, look in their cars etc..

Even adult missing persons cases, the family gets out into the media right away.

I'm not saying the parents are involved in any way. I just find it odd. My face would be smack in the news asking people to help, thanking searchers for helping, etc..

:twocents:

Willow's been missing for about 36 hours. Kyron Horman's parents took a week before talking to the media. Jessica Ridgeway's parents also took more than a few days before they spoke to the media.

http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2013/09/09/search-continues-for-missing-girl/

Noticed this article says mom called the police immediately...

I wonder how immediately?

I know folks can be scrutinized for any which way they behave in a similar situation - but I would at least do some looking around myself (heart racing all the while) before calling police. Check my own yard, and home... then maybe the immediate neighbors, just to see if they'd seen anything... holler out her name loud and repeatedly...

Can't say for sure how long I'd delay the call to police - I just know it would not be "immediately" upon seeing the little boy point to the door...

Maybe she did do those things? I hope we can find out.

http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2013/09/09/search-continues-for-missing-girl/

Noticed this article says mom called the police immediately...

I wonder how immediately?

I know folks can be scrutinized for any which way they behave in a similar situation - but I would at least do some looking around myself (heart racing all the while) before calling police. Check my own yard, and home... then maybe the immediate neighbors, just to see if they'd seen anything... holler out her name loud and repeatedly...

Can't say for sure how long I'd delay the call to police - I just know it would not be "immediately" upon seeing the little boy point to the door...

Maybe she did do those things? I hope we can find out.

Perhaps since the mother had been sleeping for approx. 2 hours, she had an immediate sense of panic because she realized Willow could have already been gone for (approx.) 2 whole hours-- & apparently the brother was indicating that Willow had gone out the door. I can see calling 911 truly immediately in that situation.

JMO, of course I have no more insight into the mother's thoughts than anyone else here =)

ETA: Though I would guess she must've done a few of the actions from your post-- such as looking out in the yard of their home. Would take about .25 seconds to check their yard visually, depending how large it is.

I see a lot of people asking or wondering why the parents have not made a public appearance pleading for their daughter's safe return. I think a big reason might be because...over the years, every time parents hold a presser or televised interview of some sort, people spend the next week, month or year picking apart those parents' facial expressions. Did they cry enough? Did their mouth crease when they said such-and-such? Did you see the way her eye twitched when she said blah blah? Omg, she's not crying, she did it! Dad looks suspicious. Mom said that weird. And the list goes ON and on and on.

If it were me I wouldn't take interviews and I wouldn't make televised statements. I would want ALL eyes and all efforts focused on finding my kid...once a parent goes public, eyes go off the "missing" and onto those who are "missing the missing".

LE can say repeatedly that the family is innocent but regular people will still scrutinize every single part of an interview instead of actively doing things (however small) to find the missing.

Plus, this appears to me a really small community and it looks like EVERYONE is fully engaged looking for her. LE seems, to me at least, to still be thinking that she wasn't taken and is not far. Maybe the parents will make a plea if LE decides otherwise or when the dad gets there from out of state. jmo

I am starting to think she was abducted by someone when she left her house. :( So many of those cases are "wrong place, at the wrong time".

I am starting to think she never "walked" anywhere...because we have nothing. Nothing. No sightings, no footprints, no shoes, no toys, no anything.

The fact that the purple shirt wasn't found right away gives me pause. The first thing I would do, if I awoke and my child was gone, would be to check out the entire house....including the child's room, closet, laundry room, etc. In all that searching, no one found the purple shirt? And would a child leave without her glasses? I can't imagine that. If she took the time to remove the purple nightshirt then she would take them time to get her glasses.

I think we have two main choices:
1. Abduction....perhaps directly from the home. (Did someone knock and Willow answered?)
2. Well, the child did not leave the home on her own. Read into that what you will.

I am starting to think she was abducted by someone when she left her house. :( So many of those cases are "wrong place, at the wrong time".

I'm right there with you. It would take only a few seconds and she would be gone.

Thanks to a WS member, I found the mom's FB.

I know what you are saying, but people are going to criticize the parents even if they don't talk to the media. And unless the child is found, the parent is eventually going to have to talk to the media, and then people hear that this parent(s) whose child has been missing for days/weeks, is finally speaking out, and they start criticizing even more.

I know this probably means nothing, but I hate when things don't make sense. If her eyesight is as bad as everybody here has been saying it is, how could she sit and watch tv without her glasses? As someone who absolutely hated wearing glasses until I was completely unable to function without them, I don't find it all that odd that a young child might at times go outside without them. MOO

Although I do believe she has been taken, there is still that nagging possibility that she's in the family home. It is plausible little brother saw her leave, but didn't notice she returned because he was watching the movie/cartoons/playing with toys, etc. It's plausible (but not likely) she's still home. LE stated they already went through the house (but managed to miss a pretty major clue, the shirt, until today). What if they missed another clue...like Willow herself?

Does the family have a basement in their home? A freezer with food in it perhaps, that is easily accessible from a basement hiding spot? What about closets in the basement? Where is their kitchen in relation to the rest of the house?

It has happened several times...all you have to do is Google. Kids go missing and this circus ensues and they get scared poopless because they know they're going to be in DEEP trouble, and they hide. My niece hides very well...eerily well! I had to call her out of hiding once because I couldn't find her anywhere. If a child knows what's going on...it wouldn't surprise me if they were hiding out of fear of punishment/discipline. Seven year olds period, hide very well. Does the family have a garage with fridge in it? KIDS are very...very good at hiding.

I know this sounds outlandishly silly. but face it - anything is possible when the fact remains that Willow is still missing and nobody saw her.

I don't get where they got the "argument" angle from if it wasn't the mom saying it? Also looking at FB, is AH the dad or a bf from a year or so ago? The other news article implies there is a different bf now. Could the BF from a year or 2 ago still be attached to and got her? Also the difference in disposition between Willow and her little brother in the pictures is striking. Willow just glows and seems so happy while her little brother seems miserable in every pic.

They did get the argument angle from the Mom. But the mom just said they'd argued. No one knows if she linked it to the disappearance or just gave it as part of everything that happened that morning. My impression is the latter, but that's jmo. What's clear, though, is that there's no report saying that the Mom said Willow stormed off after the argument. To the contrary, the actual reporting suggests that they argued and the Mom went back to bed with a headache and Willow wasn't there when she got up again.

jmo

Willow's been missing for about 36 hours. Kyron Horman's parents took a week before talking to the media. Jessica Ridgeway's parents also took more than a few days before they spoke to the media.

I guess that I am just impatient. I don't think I could sit in the house and not do anything. I am sure LE is advising her and this is what's best. Must be so frustrating. 36 hours must seem like a lifetime to her Mom.

They did get the argument angle from the Mom. But the mom just said they'd argued. No one knows if she linked it to the disappearance or just gave it as part of everything that happened that morning. My impression is the latter, but that's jmo. What's clear, though, is that there's no report saying that the Mom said Willow stormed off after the argument. To the contrary, the actual reporting suggests that they argued and the Mom went back to bed with a headache and Willow wasn't there when she got up again.

jmo

Here's the thing. Argument angle came from mom, and then did mom say that she stormed out the front door? Or did media read into the argument angle and make up the part about seeing her leave without glasses in the purple shirt out the door? Because that story has changed to mom seeing her watching movie got back up 3 hours later and shes gone and the brother pointed to the door. Those are DRASTICALLY different situations. If they both came from the mom that's fishy. If it's the media making crap up that's irresponsible.

I'm wondering about any other "male" figure in her life that she may trust enough to go for a car ride with. Father seems to be cleared as i read that he's heading from Texas now to help with the search.

Not knocking anyone, but I think it is entirely inappropriate for an adult to take a nap, however long, while there are two young children in the house and no other adults. Don't know if there were any other adults there. I do know that I worked with at least 1 RN who worked nights (husband was RN worked days), the mom RN admitted that she went home and slept while the little ones had run of the house and at least two of them were in diapers! She thought there was nothing wrong with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214