GUILTY IL - Willow Long, 7, Watson, 8 Sept 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this probably means nothing, but I hate when things don't make sense. If her eyesight is as bad as everybody here has been saying it is, how could she sit and watch tv without her glasses? As someone who absolutely hated wearing glasses until I was completely unable to function without them, I don't find it all that odd that a young child might at times go outside without them. MOO

fwiw, as a nearsighted former child, neither do I. The failure to take the glasses is a non-issue for me. If she'd taken them, I'd probably be more hinkified. jmo

I could be mistaken, but I don't think it has been reported that she stormed off. I think the report was that she argued with her mother some time prior to her going missing. That led to speculation that she may have left because she was angry with her mother and "stormed off."

Afaik, there's been nothing to suggest that her mother or anyone else saw her leave (unless you count the 3yo pointing to the door), much less storming off.

jmo

If she saw her watching a movie at 8:45 and they argued some time before? Was this them waking up at 7 am and arguing?

Not knocking anyone, but I think it is entirely inappropriate for an adult to take a nap, however long, while there are two young children in the house and no other adults. Don't know if there were any other adults there. I do know that I worked with at least 1 RN who worked nights (husband was RN worked days), the mom RN admitted that she went home and slept while the little ones had run of the house and at least two of them were in diapers! She thought there was nothing wrong with this.

Sick single parents take naps while their kids are awake. Fact. The child was 7, not 3 or even 5. She was old enough to watch tv with her little brother for 90 minutes without the mom worrying that someone would die or go missing from their own home in that period of time. jmo

Thanks to a WS member, I found the mom's FB.

It's different. Do most people not include pics of their children as part of a family listing?

Also wondering if Willow has been with her mom since birth?

Here's the thing. Argument angle came from mom, and then did mom say that she stormed out the front door? Or did media read into the argument angle and make up the part about seeing her leave without glasses in the purple shirt out the door? Because that story has changed to mom seeing her watching movie got back up 3 hours later and shes gone and the brother pointed to the door. Those are DRASTICALLY different situations. If they both came from the mom that's fishy. If it's the media making crap up that's irresponsible.

I'm wondering about any other "male" figure in her life that she may trust enough to go for a car ride with. Father seems to be cleared as i read that he's heading from Texas now to help with the search.

I haven't seen media saying she stormed out the front door. I've only seen that here.

No one saw her leave without glasses in a purple shirt. The glasses were left behind and discovered after the fact. The purple shirt was the last thing her mother saw her wearing.

The mother slept for 90 minutes, most. Not 3 hours.

jmo

Well, I had (have now, but they are older) 4 children and I was sick (very sick) a few times in those years when they were small. I always stayed on the couch, locked all the doors and gave specific instructions for the older ones (even if they were 5, 6, 7 years old), to help watch the younger ones and keep everyone together in the same room, just in case I dozed off.

I can't imagine just leaving 2 young ones 7 and 3 years of age in another room while I sleep for 90 minutes. But maybe I'm just different.

Please don't sleuth FB pages in search for names and relationships. If you do, please do not post it here.

I honestly don't know what I would do in a situation, but I always find it odd when a parent who regularly updates and posts on Facebook stops posting when their child goes missing.

I mean, I can hear myself saying "yeah, posting on Facebook is the last thing I would do if my child were missing," but then when many friends of the parent change their profile picture to include the missing child, news articles, etc i am reminded what a powerful tool SM can be to get the word out...

I dunno

Sick single parents take naps while their kids are awake. Fact. The child was 7, not 3 or even 5. She was old enough to watch tv with her little brother for 90 minutes without the mom worrying that someone would die or go missing from their own home in that period of time. jmo

I don't agree. Being asleep is no different than not being home. Bad things can happen in an instant, and this could be the case here. If a child were harmed at home and the parent found to be sleeping at the time, there would probably be charges of neglect or endangerment. Maybe I'm old school, but sleeping with a 7 year old and 2 or 3 year old alone in the home is never acceptable.

I see a lot of people asking or wondering why the parents have not made a public appearance pleading for their daughter's safe return. I think a big reason might be because...over the years, every time parents hold a presser or televised interview of some sort, people spend the next week, month or year picking apart those parents' facial expressions. Did they cry enough? Did their mouth crease when they said such-and-such? Did you see the way her eye twitched when she said blah blah? Omg, she's not crying, she did it! Dad looks suspicious. Mom said that weird. And the list goes ON and on and on.

If it were me I wouldn't take interviews and I wouldn't make televised statements. I would want ALL eyes and all efforts focused on finding my kid...once a parent goes public, eyes go off the "missing" and onto those who are "missing the missing".

LE can say repeatedly that the family is innocent but regular people will still scrutinize every single part of an interview instead of actively doing things (however small) to find the missing.

I'm new here, but that's just my two cents.

I totally agree with everything you have said. Plus, has there ever been a case where a child has been abducted, the parents hit the airwaves and begged for the child's return, and the abductor saw the parents begging for their child and so returned the child? Nah---doesn't happen. Abductors are not nice people who have a heart or they wouldn't take children in the first place. Begging won't do a thing except perhaps give the abductor the feeling of more power. It doesn't get children back. IMO

I'm hoping that by the time I wake up in the morning, she has been found. My random thoughts before bed: Mind you, no expert here, I have no children. :-(

Argument with child? - I can see mom saying no to something and child sulking and upset but at 7, was it really an argument?
Not judging mom but going to sleep after an "issue" is odd to me. I get not feeling well but to have the kid next to me in a "time out" type gig. Leaving a pissed off kid with an even younger child? I don't know. Again, no kids here.

Not being speculative or jusgemental. Just trying to understand.

I honestly don't know what I would do in a situation, but I always find it odd when a parent who regularly updates and posts on Facebook stops posting when their child goes missing.

I mean, I can hear myself saying "yeah, posting on Facebook is the last thing I would do if my child were missing," but then when many friends of the parent change their profile picture to include the missing child, news articles, etc i am reminded what a powerful tool SM can be to get the word out...

I dunno

Agree.

Well, I had (have now, but they are older) 4 children and I was sick (very sick) a few times in those years when they were small. I always stayed on the couch, locked all the doors and gave specific instructions for the older ones (even if they were 5, 6, 7 years old), to help watch the younger ones and keep everyone together in the same room, just in case I dosed.

I can't imagine just leaving 2 young ones 7 and 3 years of age in another room while I sleep for 90 minutes. But maybe I'm just different.

Agree. At least you didn't go into your bedroom and go to sleep.

Going up Main Street until it ends, make a left and go up a bit. Come to a million cars. I was looking for a store or a gas station and there is this lot FULL of cars. Just stood out.

Can you clarify this for me. Thanks!

I don't agree. Being asleep is no different than not being home. Bad things can happen in an instant, and this could be the case here. If a child were harmed at home and the parent found to be sleeping at the time, there would probably be charges of neglect or endangerment. Maybe I'm old school, but sleeping with a 7 year old and 2 or 3 year old alone in the home is never acceptable.

There's nothing old school about that. It's really quite new school. No one would have thought twice about it even 30 years ago or less. To each their own. jmo

I did not see one photo of the children on mother Ciera's page , neither Willow or her son on her FB page.

Isn't that a bit odd? Perhaps I missed them. I'll look again.

Enough about mom's nap. I took a nap once in a while when I was sick or just overwhelmed when my twins were two! Mom isn't perfect and I'm sure she is kicking herself for taking a nap this time.

WS is victim friendly and Mom is considered a victim unless or until LE decides she's not.

I see a lot of people asking or wondering why the parents have not made a public appearance pleading for their daughter's safe return. I think a big reason might be because...over the years, every time parents hold a presser or televised interview of some sort, people spend the next week, month or year picking apart those parents' facial expressions. Did they cry enough? Did their mouth crease when they said such-and-such? Did you see the way her eye twitched when she said blah blah? Omg, she's not crying, she did it! Dad looks suspicious. Mom said that weird. And the list goes ON and on and on.

If it were me I wouldn't take interviews and I wouldn't make televised statements. I would want ALL eyes and all efforts focused on finding my kid...once a parent goes public, eyes go off the "missing" and onto those who are "missing the missing".

LE can say repeatedly that the family is innocent but regular people will still scrutinize every single part of an interview instead of actively doing things (however small) to find the missing.

I'm new here, but that's just my two cents.

Just MHO, but neither Hell nor high water could keep me from screaming out my baby's name on every outlet I could find. Scrutiny be darned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
curiousXladybug99