GUILTY IL - Willow Long, 7, Watson, 8 Sept 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This might not be Willow. There has been no identification, I missed that part. It is so rare...but *sometimes* it happens. This might not be Willow. Either way a little child has passed away. Rest in peace, little one. Heartbroken.

Sadly, I expected this as soon as I heard that they were breaking from the search at 2 p.m. yesterday, and my suspicion grew when they announced that only LE would be searching last night.

KSDK just reported live that they were notified this morning by the State's Attorney's Office and all info will be coming from State's Attorney's Office, not police (and they have not been told why this is) and that press on-site was told there would be another update coming soon.

I believe that is due to the fact that LE did not discover this little angel's body, but a group of volunteers...hence why information would be coming from the State Attorney's Office rather than LE. Something legal, most likely.

I still pray this is not her.

I can't link from my phone however article I am reading on ksdk states that the body was found by four volunteers. :-(

Oh willow what horrible news

I totally agree with everything you have said. Plus, has there ever been a case where a child has been abducted, the parents hit the airwaves and begged for the child's return, and the abductor saw the parents begging for their child and so returned the child? Nah---doesn't happen. Abductors are not nice people who have a heart or they wouldn't take children in the first place. Begging won't do a thing except perhaps give the abductor the feeling of more power. It doesn't get children back. IMO

i agree in general but there was a case, Kiernan from canada. The perp smuggled him back into the living room of his house and called cops to say he was there...he did it under cops noses too. That case had a happy ending.

5AM TUESDAY UPDATE: After a massive search for missing 7-year old Willow Long, four volunteer searchers found the body of a small child south of Watson Monday evening at about 7:30pm.
Effingham County State's Attorney Brian Kibler said in a release that no positive ID of the body has been made, and that an official autopsy to the determine the identification and cause of death is scheduled for this morning.
http://www.thexradio.com/news/78-lo...ound-near-search-area-for-missing-willow-long

My heart goes out to these young parents. I'm going to go cry myself to sleep now. I think I'll go buy a copy of The Princess and The Frog later and watch it in memory of Willow. Prayers that God will intervene and help this family and community heal.

Well !?$&. :(

Poor baby girl. Oh Willow, sweetheart, I hoped you would be safe.

My thoughts are with the volunteers too, what an awful discovery.

I heard four miles south of Watson. One of my friends said he was going to Watson early this morning to report on this. I wonder if he knew last night that police were planning to release some information this morning.

They may have delayed announcing it until her Dad arrived which I believe was about 2 or 3am.......

Damn it, I'm devastated.

I'm so confused.... In a small rural community NO ONE saw this child ... Everyone knows everyone in the smaller towns... I just can't get that out of my head ... How did she go so unnoticed... Especially at the times it was reported she was gone... People around that part of central Illinois are out and about earlier and throughout the day... Ugh???

Live report at the top of the hour 6:00 am Ill time:
click the "live video link" under "breaking news"

http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/39...for-Willow-Long-?odyssey=tab|topnews|bc|large

thanks for this link. I just watched live... only thing that I noted that hasn't been linked yet was that there is an ongoing joint investigation with the Co.S and the ISP into her disappearance and that the autopsy is scheduled for later this morning (reporter also said that LE being very tight lipped)

aside: I give kudos to LE for being able to keep this news under wraps seeing as this happened 12 hours ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487