GUILTY IL - Willow Long, 7, Watson, 8 Sept 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another explanation for advanced decomposition could be that death occured earlier than assumed.
As for the identification, this might hint at foul play. I've seen other cases where police couldn't rule out involvement of family members and after finding the body couldn't ask them to identify the body since it would have given hints about the cause of death; knowledge about that would help identify the perpetrator, so they want to keep it under wraps. Sometimes they would ask for identification of clothing.
But of course there are dozens of other explanations.

Thanks for explaining that for me!!!

I am wondering who mows the grass at each house in the block where Willow lives.

All it would take is for an RSO to be mowing a lawn or doing an oil change or whatever on Willow's block and for her to be playing outside.

This is growing evermore worrisome as there are conflicting descriptions among the media outlets. Some are saying remains of child and some are saying body of child...two very different terms.

Oh no! Not what I expected to hear this morning. Thoughts and prayers go out to the family and community.

Just because the media is reporting that the body has not yet been id'd does not mean that LE has not already confirmed the identification. They might be waiting for all of the family to be notified.

I guess I am just trying my darnedest to find reasons for it not to be her, sorry.

I am slightly perplexed by this situation. No ID has been made...Wouldn't Willows gorgeous red hair be a giveaway as to who the body belonged to?
The autopsy required to ID the body makes me wonder if its in a progressed state of decomposition which would make me think perhaps its not Willow, sadly it is someone, but it just doesn't sit right to fit Willow's situation.

Recently a 7 yr old went missing where I live, they later found her stabbed to death in a trash can. LE did the same thing, no ID until autopsy even though they knew it was her. So IMO this is Willow and LE is just getting all their ducks in a row before releasing that info..As soon as it hits the news media, things start leaking out that really should be held close to the vest

I am still catching up from overnight, so sorry if this article has already been posted.

http://effinghamdailynews.com/local/x1253341780/Grandfather-fears-granddaughter-abducted

Notice his comment about not being able to see his son, Willow's uncle??

Willow and her mother had been living with the maternal grandfather. The grandfather is a truck driver and was out on a haul over the weekend. Does that mean that somebody close to the family knew that the grandfather was out of town and the mom and children were alone at the house?

I don't believe this child's death was an accident or that she walked away from home.
my opinion is the answer came from who was questioned yesterday.......I could be wrong of course but that's how these new wave of child murders have been playing out.

I am still catching up from overnight, so sorry if this article has already been posted.

http://effinghamdailynews.com/local/x1253341780/Grandfather-fears-granddaughter-abducted

Notice his comment about not being able to see his son, Willow's uncle??

Willow and her mother had been living with the maternal grandfather. The grandfather is a truck driver and was out on a haul over the weekend. Does that mean that somebody close to the family knew that the grandfather was out of town and the mom and children were alone at the house?

there was another report that said they were being interviewed... so perhaps that is why he could not speak with him at that time. We will just have to wait and see.

Sad. I believe the mother's story, from her perspective though.

I don't believe this child's death was an accident or that she walked away from home.
my opinion is the answer came from who was questioned yesterday.......I could be wrong of course but that's how these new wave of child murders have been playing out.

The article a little upthread said 4 volunteer searchers discovered her remains south of Watson.

So it wasn't a tip - it was careful methodical searching that led to her discovery, it seems.

Article says no foul play suspected still.

If you're talking about the KMOV article, that part of the story is just a remnant from the earlier articles. That article also says as of Monday afternoon volunteers continue to search.

Often media outlets don't check and clean out what's down there in the bottom of the story that has changed with the update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member