GUILTY IL - Willow Long, 7, Watson, 8 Sept 2013 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
#crimescene tape now around the home of Willow Long. Neighbors say police put the tape up Monday night

BTzbcvJCAAEtEzx.jpg

https://twitter.com/FOX2now/status/377417755525251073/photo/1

NOT the news I had so badly wanted to hear this morning. :( I was praying for "Found Alive" in the thread title when I logged on.

Sweet, sweet Willow...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Does that normally happen? Are we assuming there was foul play now? If she wandered off would they tape off the house? :(

If they believe a crime may have been committed, then yes, definitely. If they believe that she just wandered off, then possibly, but not likely. If they are uncertain on the cause of death or have not determined COD, then yes, to ensure that any potential evidence is secured. IMOO

What happened to this little sprite of a girl? So sad!

Crime scene tape at the house doesn't mean that a family member is involved. It could be that LE now thinks she was abducted, and possibly from the house.

However, if she was abducted or killed in the house, I hope the fact that LE waited 48 hours before declaring the home a crime scene, not come back to haunt them.

They are putting crime scene tape up now...after 2 days of people camping out at the house, walking around all over the place? I doubt there is much of a crime scene left to gain any insight from.

As is clearly visible in AmandaReckonwith's valuable timeline, seen here:
http://s296.photobucket.com/user/crankycrankerson/library/Willow Long -IL-?sort=6&page=1 this home has been crawling with people from the start.

...so frustrating this was not done from the word "missing".

I don't believe this child's death was an accident or that she walked away from home.
my opinion is the answer came from who was questioned yesterday.......I could be wrong of course but that's how these new wave of child murders have been playing out.

What "answer"? Who was questioned yesterday?

If the tape was put up Monday night, it would seem LE had indications of something found in the house, IMO

I am slightly perplexed by this situation. No ID has been made...Wouldn't Willows gorgeous red hair be a giveaway as to who the body belonged to?
The autopsy required to ID the body makes me wonder if its in a progressed state of decomposition which would make me think perhaps its not Willow, sadly it is someone, but it just doesn't sit right to fit Willow's situation.

I'm pretty sure they know it's Willow but you can't make an official forensic identification on the basis of the hair looking similar. There are other redhaired children and hair can be shaved off or dyed. They need a relative identifying the body or fingerprints/dental records/DNA and if the COD is, say, drowning or something gruesome that destroyed the face or they don't want to reveal COD yet for investigative reasons and it's obvious viewing the body, then it might be difficult to show the body to the relatives and locating dental records etc. might take a couple of days.

Is this a sign of something? What would be the significance of the State Police taking over?

FOX2now ‏@FOX2now 1h
#ISP - Illinois State Police taking over the body found investigation in Watson, IL http://go.fox2now.com/1awIlba #FindWillow

(edit to add, I see Nursebeeme just posted the same Tweet.)

Is it correct that no information has been given on the uncle that was home at the time as well?

Maybe it's because of how small the county it is? Like they don't have the resources to properly investigate?

Although that definitely sounds like foul play.

As for the crime scene: Aren't some of the msm stating that Mom and Uncle were being questioned and were handcuffed? I think it was foxnews. Mods if inappropriate please delete. I am at work and having to skim thru articles.

to me this all doesn't sound good. The shirt she was last seen in was found in the house. Now crime scene tape up since last night. Both mom and uncle are being questioned. I pray my thinking is wrong. Wonder where her little brother is now. Maybe with grandparents since they just got home.

Is this a sign of something? What would be the significance of the State Police taking over?

FOX2now ‏@FOX2now 1h
#ISP - Illinois State Police taking over the body found investigation in Watson, IL http://go.fox2now.com/1awIlba #FindWillow

(edit to add, I see Nursebeeme just posted the same Tweet.)

not sure... we just have to wait for this all to unfold. Clearly the statements are now coming from the county State's attorney so not sure if it is due to the area or other info that is case sensitive?

human: no, there was no other info on the uncle other than the living arrangements at this time and the other link that discussed his father not being able to speak to him when he got back from his truck job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_ks