Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
and this....she remembers having a 'lunch date' but doesnt remember if SS 'babysat'....yet investigators knew there was communication with SS about it. only a few weeks before she is missing and she cant remember?????? I call it BS.

MM: Do you remember sending him a text message asking if he can babysit Maddie while you go have lunch with your friend?

JS: This was a few weeks before? I remember—I remember going out a few weeks before. I don't remember asking him to babysit. I don't know where he was.

MM: Did you ever go to lunch with your friend and he babysat her?

JS: I—I did go to lunch with my friend, but I don’t think he—I don’t think he was here. I think Maddie stayed home alone for a few hours.

makes me crazy the term BABYSIT is used.

Yes, as if a 12-year-old needed a babysitter while her mother went to lunch in the middle of the day.

I wonder if LE know what was said on the phone between Maddie and SS on the 2/24? CS said Maddie just wanted to confirm SS was coming to her party the next day but for some reason. afterwards SS was acting strange and tense and but wouldn’t tell them what was wrong except he really needed to find his medications. It seems like that this the day he chose to remove his hard-drive from his computers too and put them info storage. It seems suspicious and odd to me and I wonder if there is any way for police to retrace all his communications and transactions that took place then.

Like others said, what happened to Maddie’s money and where does SS’ money come from? He doesn’t have insurance so presumably he pays for his meds out of pocket, he orders packages of video games, and I assume he can afford gas for his car and the vapes he bought at the shop.

Yet, he doesn’t have a job and CS, JS, JS’ mom, one of JS’ roommates and JS’ friends all states to police that not only did he not have a job but he also doesn’t have any money either. Maddie also told her therapist and a friend that he doesn’t do anything useful around the house but he still their money and eats their food. Considering that he steals from his own parents it makes sense that Maddie and JS consider him responsible for Maddie’s Christmas money too. It makes sense also why they would count her birthday money considering they have to account for every penny with a their in their house.

What doesn’t make sense is that he could make 30k at Disney and still not contribute at all to $400-600 worth of rent? It doesn’t make sense that according to C.S. and Angelique SS could get upset that JS was kicking him out last November/December. She told them he was a bad partner who didn’t want to work and she, like his parents, was tired of supporting him. It sounds like Maddie was tired of his presence too.

However, for someone without a job he sure seems entitled to the money other people worked for or were gifted. And for someone who doesn’t pay rent he acts like it is privilege for JS, Maddie and his parents to have him he even live with them. It seems like he told JS the same lie he has already been telling his parents about getting a job at Disney.

However, if Disney is not source of income than what is? I truly hope he hasn’t been selling any explicit pictures of Maddie or any other victims. Already he seems to have exploited every aspect of her life and person even though he had no right to it or her.

Also, how was he planning on getting his hands on sevoflurane and who was he going to illegally use it on and why?
It’s possible with all his claims about debilitating anxiety — he should have an actual diagnosis to get the prescriptions — he could be receiving disability or food stamps, and/or could be on Medicaid. OMO. IDK.

and this....she remembers having a 'lunch date' but doesnt remember if SS 'babysat'....yet investigators knew there was communication with SS about it. only a few weeks before she is missing and she cant remember?????? I call it BS.

MM: Do you remember sending him a text message asking if he can babysit Maddie while you go have lunch with your friend?

JS: This was a few weeks before? I remember—I remember going out a few weeks before. I don't remember asking him to babysit. I don't know where he was.

MM: Did you ever go to lunch with your friend and he babysat her?

JS: I—I did go to lunch with my friend, but I don’t think he—I don’t think he was here. I think Maddie stayed home alone for a few hours.

makes me crazy the term BABYSIT is used.
Plus, you know he'd JUMP at the chance to "babysit" with Maddie home alone.

Grrrrr......

jmo

It’s possible with all his claims about debilitating anxiety — he should have an actual diagnosis to get the prescriptions — he could be receiving disability or food stamps, and/or could be on Medicaid. OMO. IDK.
yes, according to his parents, he was diagnosed and had script(s).

I caught this in his parents LE interview: his dad said SS seemed overly stressed on saturday evening... SS asked them if they had any anxiety medication, they said no.....but then SS said he found some 4 year old 'stuff' o_O

his father continued to say he was full of stress on saturday evening. 'something worrisome. something really preying on him and not settling well with him'...but they dont ask him. in fact, his father states 'better tiptoe, not sure if he is going to blow up or not, he was calm enough but you know I didn't know if anything could trigger or not".

his dad said SS didnt arrange coverage when he left Disney. (probably Cobra). so he got him back on insurance. he said SS supposedly contacted the doctor for the script, but it never was filled.

mom interjects: he started taking adderall when he was a child and describes why. more recent: he was seeing 'a counselor' for about 4 years prior and was prescribed medication(s).

asked if there was a change in his demeanor as its now early morning hours of wednesday he sees SS again, and last time he was a hot mess of stress: Dad: 'very stoic, no emotions, again, Im attributing to medication he is taking and the fact that....".

so of course there is a follow up question about what meds since his wasnt filled: Q "where would he get the medication, from Jenn? if he were to take it?' then mom interjects and says: 'oh Jenn said, dont worry about it, I have some meds here he can use."

sharing meds. no surprise.

What did J’s family think of her and her relationship with M, did they have concerns about her parenting? What are their testimonies like? What do they think now? Do they support her or doubt her? Their views must be so important to the police.
We have a short clip of granma YZ, mom of Jennifer, my takehome from her messaging was that

- Maddie was a very attached kid and slept with grandma, "never slept alone"- YZ's own words.
- Maddie "had a lot of fears" - YZ's own words
- We don't get an idea of how YZ feels about parenting of Maddie
- YZ didn't like Stephan. Quelle surprise. We already know he would not have been invited to the birthday party hosted by YZ.

Not much else. Initially YZ was more upset on Spanish television that the school didn't call the family in the morning when Maddie didn't show up to school. (They called in the early evening only.)
-

Maddie also told her therapist and a friend that he doesn’t do anything useful around the house but he still their money and eats their food
Do you know if this was in a pdf or a body cam, Jenn talked about the missing money and that they found it. Trying to determine when Maddi said this ( time frame)

We have a short clip of granma YZ, mom of Jennifer, my takehome from her messaging was that

- Maddie was a very attached kid and slept with grandma, "never slept alone"- YZ's own words.
- Maddie "had a lot of fears" - YZ's own words
- We don't get an idea of how YZ feels about parenting of Maddie
- YZ didn't like Stephan. Quelle surprise. We already know he would not have been invited to the birthday party hosted by YZ.

Not much else. Initially YZ was more upset on Spanish television that the school didn't call the family in the morning when Maddie didn't show up to school. (They called in the early evening only.)
-
bbm
... but Maddie called SS, who should confirm to her, that he would come to her birthday party the next day (as DS told, probably because it was SS' explanation). Either Maddie didn't know, he wasn't invited, or SS told his mum DS the untruth. In any case, he became crazy after that call.

Can it be, he was on probation for "something" and if abuse (incl. pregnancy) would have become known to authorities, he would have immediately landed behind bars?

bbm
... but Maddie called SS, who should confirm to her, that he would come to her birthday party the next day (as DS told, probably because it was SS' explanation). Either Maddie didn't know, he wasn't invited, or SS told his mum DS the untruth. In any case, he became crazy after that call.
I don't buy anything that SS allegedly said to DS, or otherwise. SS might have said that he's been invited to the party (hence the need for a gift, those regifted earrings from DS...) to explain why he is heading to Jenn's. BUT I don't think Maddie invited him. Maybe Maddie was tasked by Jenn to ask SS to come by after the party for the babysitting afterwards.

She at that point knows Jenn and SS are "broken up" (Since Dec 2022, not 2023 we know now). The topic of the conversation the 2 had (M and SS) is still not clear.

All we know is DS says SS was anxious after the call and started asking for meds. (Benzos/"tranquilizers"?)

THIS leads me to think Maddie WAS confronting Stephan one way or another. After so many horrific years of SA, Maddie speaking up against him, SS realising everything is caving in... as the reason SS ends her life in the most personal way possible.

Last edited:
Do you know if this was in a pdf or a body cam, Jenn talked about the missing money and that they found it. Trying to determine when Maddi said this ( time frame)
Yet, he doesn’t have a job and CS, JS, JS’ mom, one of JS’ roommates and JS’ friends all states to police that not only did he not have a job but he also doesn’t have any money either. Maddie also told her therapist and a friend that he doesn’t do anything useful around the house but he still their money and eats their food.

Sorry but in my last comment I wasn’t referring to the stolen Christmas money but JS and Maddie complaints to their therapist, roommate and friends that Stephen was not contributing financially or do anything housekeeping but yet he still took up space in the living room, used their money and was eating their food.

Also, there is a word missing.

It should say “…still uses their money and eats their food”

Other when discussing the Christmas money Jenn, Maddie doesn’t refer to the stolen money specifically. However, Stephen parents do tell LE that he steals money from them. Through my next comment I was trying state in IMO considering this, Maddie’s and JS’ suspicions of him before and how he tends to take advantage of JS financially it makes sense that they might have been suspicious or cautious of him stealing her birthday money too.

I don't buy anything that SS allegedly said to DS, or otherwise. SS might have said that he's been invited to the party (hence the need for a gift, those regifted earrings from DS...) to explain why he is heading to Jenn's. BUT I don't think Maddie invited him. Maybe Maddie was tasked by Jenn to ask SS to come by after the party for the babysitting afterwards.

She at that point knows Jenn and SS are "broken up" (Since Dec 2022, not 2023 we know now). The topic of the conversation the 2 had (M and SS) is still not clear.

All we know is DS says SS was anxious after the call and started asking for meds. (Benzos/"tranquilizers"?)

THIS leads me to think Maddie WAS confronting Stephan one way or another. After so many horrific years of SA, Maddie speaking up against him, SS realising everything is caving in... as the reason SS ends her life in the most personal way possible.
I'm starting to lean toward thinking this was planned and that JS knew about the plans. It's a sinking feeling that makes a horrible situation even worse. Of course, I don't know for sure how or why everything happened. Speculation.

jmo

THIS leads me to think Maddie WAS confronting Stephan one way or another.
and.....SS's mother clearly states she was aware it was Madeline's birthday the week prior, the jewelry she bought for herself and never wore, she offered to wrap it up for SS to give to Madeline.

IMO, I agree, Madeline confronted SS about something that saturday, and with only one day notice, he was unable to manipulate and control the situation. and as his father carefully described his behaviour saturday: it was a different type of stress, different level. which they chose not to discuss with him...didnt want to be the 'trigger'. IMO, it was huge and disturbing, he was over the top freaked out, and as they said, they were looking forward to him not being there.

totally agree with you, any conversation between his mother and him, which she relays, is all BS SS told her. his mother seemed pretty steadfast in her statement "she heard Madeline call", but not the content of that call, she guessed it was first about 'please come' and then about confirmation....basing it on IMO what SS told her. at this point, only LE knows Madeline's and JS's call/text log. wish we did as well.

Last edited:
Sorry but in my last comment I wasn’t referring to the stolen Christmas money but JS and Maddie complaints to their therapist, roommate and friends that Stephen was not contributing financially or do anything housekeeping but yet he still took up space in the living room, used their money and was eating their food.

Also, there is a word missing.

It should say “…still uses their money and eats their food”

Other when discussing the Christmas money Jenn, Maddie doesn’t refer to the stolen money specifically. However, Stephen parents do tell LE that he steals money from them. Through my next comment I was trying state in IMO considering this, Maddie’s and JS’ suspicions of him before and how he tends to take advantage of JS financially it makes sense that they might have been suspicious or cautious of him stealing her birthday money too.

OH LOL. okay I misread then. So she didnt tell her therapist, but there was money missing at Christmas time that they found allegedly, according to Jenn. It's not that big of a deal , I just thought if she told people about " her money getting stolen" and when she said it, it might correlate with his spending. Still interesting that it went missing in the first place, even if she did get it back.

yes, it was interesting how that was phrased. but his arrival time was an issue for JS and SS from the very beginning of this case once the doc interviews were released.

he didnt want to say....he said the weekend. then he was asked what day.....he paused and did the 'oh yeah, it was Sunday, it was Madeline's birthday' and blah blah. when JS is asked, it varies: this answer: I dont remember in the docs released.

then there is chatty cheerful JS in the LE vehicle on the way to the presser with this explanation: he wasnt at the party, she says he was on his way during the party and arrived sunday nite, 'she thinks' about 10 minutes after Madeline got home. and describes all about what his role was for Madeline that nite and goes on about Madeline singing and all 3 of them watching SisterAct, but not the whole thing. <-----singing and the movie are no longer part of her 'last time she saw Madeline narrative'....and she did have an opportunity to add it:

WJ: Okay. Now during this 30 minutes that the three of you are in your bedroom, is Madeline engaging in any of her kind of nighttime routine or getting ready for bed? What else is going on, if anything?

JS: Ummmm... We spent a long time talking about gifts and having her show me, and then we counted out her money. Um... (long pause) I can't remember if she had finished with all of her bedtime routine.

and again:
MM: Okay. That night—Saturday or Sunday night—when you guys were spending this half hour of time together, was all you that you were doing talking about gifts and counting her money, or were you guys doing anything else

JS: Just asking her for more details about the party and telling me, like, what I missed. She seemed like she had a really good time.

according to JS, Madeline showered, she changed out of her birthday dress and says 'would have been in pajamas' (but not sure which), she brushes her teeth in the shower. took her meds. so what was left for the bedroom routine that she cant remember if Madeline was finished?????

IMO, she never saw Madeline alive that nite.
And “this occurred in my bedroom” - js when asked. This is a script. I’m over this narrative. I want actual truth and am confident we will never get it from JS or Ss. Moo.

And “this occurred in my bedroom” - js when asked. This is a script. I’m over this narrative. I want actual truth and am confident we will never get it from JS or Ss. Moo.
*deep sigh*

The truth of what happened is written all over that girl's body.

She lived. She endured. She died.

The only truth is going to be in that CSAM, in the video and phone data, and in her autopsy results.

Anything from JS or SS is going to be self serving at best, and outright lies and coverup at worst.

MOO

I took JS saying " until after everything happened" to mean something else, but I do not think I can mention it here. I took it to mean after everything happened, she was told of a health condition her deceased child had been in at her death, and once knowing that health condition, she remembered in hindsight that she hadn't seen any signs of menstruation and 'didn't notice until after everything happened".
This is just speculation, though.
But it is always good to understand all perspectives.
Possibly, but I think the investigators were also looking at missed periods as a possible motivation for SS murdering her. I don’t think it necessarily means that she was in that condition, simply that if JS had mentioned her missed period to SS (per the interview recently posted) they were speculating that he could have acted on the fear that she was.

Possibly, but I think the investigators were also looking at missed periods as a possible motivation for SS murdering her. I don’t think it necessarily means that she was in that condition, simply that if JS had mentioned her missed period to SS (per the interview recently posted) they were speculating that he could have acted on the fear that she was.
Agree.

jmo

Apparently there is video from the church of someone that morning in the parking lot. Anyone have more info on that? Who was that in the video? Why did Stephan specifically mention the church parking is where he dropped her off? Coincidence? Maybe he knew people cut across the parking lot so there would be video of "someone" to cover his story?

jmo
He knew the cam angle wasn’t gonna be helpful imo. Why? Had he been before to scope it out? Probably imo.

I wonder if LE know what was said on the phone between Maddie and SS on the 2/24? CS said Maddie just wanted to confirm SS was coming to her party the next day but for some reason. afterwards SS was acting strange and tense and but wouldn’t tell them what was wrong except he really needed to find his medications. It seems like that this the day he chose to remove his hard-drive from his computers too and put them info storage. It seems suspicious and odd to me and I wonder if there is any way for police to retrace all his communications and transactions that took place then.

Like others said, what happened to Maddie’s money and where does SS’ money come from? He doesn’t have insurance so presumably he pays for his meds out of pocket, he orders packages of video games, and I assume he can afford gas for his car and the vapes he bought at the shop.

Yet, he doesn’t have a job and CS, JS, JS’ mom, one of JS’ roommates and JS’ friends all states to police that not only did he not have a job but he also doesn’t have any money either. Maddie also told her therapist and a friend that he doesn’t do anything useful around the house but he still their money and eats their food. Considering that he steals from his own parents it makes sense that Maddie and JS consider him responsible for Maddie’s Christmas money too. It makes sense also why they would count her birthday money considering they have to account for every penny with a their in their house.

What doesn’t make sense is that he could make 30k at Disney and still not contribute at all to $400-600 worth of rent? It doesn’t make sense that according to C.S. and Angelique SS could get upset that JS was kicking him out last November/December. She told them he was a bad partner who didn’t want to work and she, like his parents, was tired of supporting him. It sounds like Maddie was tired of his presence too.

However, for someone without a job he sure seems entitled to the money other people worked for or were gifted. And for someone who doesn’t pay rent he acts like it is privilege for JS, Maddie and his parents to have him he even live with them. It seems like he told JS the same lie he has already been telling his parents about getting a job at Disney.

However, if Disney is not source of income than what is? I truly hope he hasn’t been selling any explicit pictures of Maddie or any other victims. Already he seems to have exploited every aspect of her life and person even though he had no right to it or her.

Also, how was he planning on getting his hands on sevoflurane and who was he going to illegally use it on and why?
I wanna know what SS did all day on Saturday after he got the call from Ms and before he arrived at her home. Did he go buy “medication” from someone? Did he go shopping for anything? Did he see or talk or text with anyone else? When did he last talk or text with JS before arriving at the home?

I think he did check in to say he was there. I think there’s gonna be more to this story and a reason he was charged with premeditated murder that extends beyond the cause of death. Moooooo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cynbot