GUILTY IL - Willow Long, 7, Watson, 8 Sept 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a different theory of the stick. I think she picked it up to use against him for defense there at the brush pile and it got knocked into her neck if it wasn't put there afterward...just my opinion I also don't think there was any going back to get the knife. I think he had it with him.

Fell in a pile of sticks so he was doing her a favor..my big fat @$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My daughter was about 8 and fell off her bike and a stick went about 1/4 inch into her leg. It wasn't a huge/big stick. Accidents do happen. IMO this was a vicious murder of an innocent little girl. His neice............

Now no doubt his parents will spend thousands of $$$$ ,right before their retirement age, knowing he's guilty, on a private attorney.:rolleyes:

Perhaps running to JD's rescue has been a way of life for his parents. How can they even consider hiring a private lawyer to defend the son and the son would allow it? Incredibly self-centered IMHO. No one deserves what he's putting his parents through. Time to grow up, sonny.

Toothless, I originally came here due to a local case near where I live. The teen-aged girl disappeared in March 2012 on her way to the school bus stop, never found despite weekly searches, and her accused murderer has been in jail since May 2012 and hasn't even pleaded yet. That is such a sad case. But this one, with Willow's own flesh-and-blood accused of her horrendous murder, is the worst case I have followed. There are no words.

Might be a silly question, but can you really run fast enough to impale yourself on a stick?

Absolutely. Falling 3'10'' with 40 lbs of weight and a small amount of momentum can be disastrous.

I was away from the computer and tv/radio for the past 24 hours. When I left, volunteers were scouring the woods and the local ponds for a lost little girl.

Coming home to this sickening, tragic story is just devastating. And far too common. :cry:

Imo, this scum bag is LYING.

If Willows glasses were in her bedroom, then it suggests to me she was prepared for and in her bed.

Is there a rough time we might expect further updates on the autopsy? Will we find out results of rape test etc? Or will that be sealed?

Not that I want to know, god knows that precious girl suffered enough even if she wasn't sexually assaulted, but those results would confirm a lot for many.

***GRAPHIC***

When I was about 6 or so, I was playing at my friend's house when her brother (maybe 4yo) started playing on a recorder (the hard plastic instrument little kids often play in school music class). He started running down the hallway in play and ended up falling down face first, impaling the recorder down his throat. I remember looking on in horror as he got up, just the tip of the recorder visible in his mouth, and then, somehow, (not sure how, maybe his mom, but I think maybe it was him) the recorder was pulled from his throat and there was BLOOD EVERYWHERE. He tried to talk, but there was no sound, just his terrified little eyes and more blood.
I was not a child to run away, but I was so terrified, I ran out of their house & hid behind a neighbor's line of bushes. I know his mom rushed him to the hospital immediately (maybe called an ambulance?) &, thank God, he was treated & ended up recovering. But, it has stayed with me all these years, as one of my earliest memories. I imagine he remembers it, too.
Anyway, my point is that it was a bloody scene, this mouth/throat impalement, & while he couldn't make a sound, you'd better believe those of us who witnessed it were screaming. So, if something similar happened to Willow (which I believe the stick story is cow excrement, IMO), there would likely be lots of blood, especially if Willow or the uncle pulled the impaled stick back out, in a panic. This would also explain the story going around about the 3yo brother being hysterical, although witnessing a murder would clearly explain that, as well.
I still call hogwash on the uncle's story. But, I felt compelled to share my experience of witnessing something akin to the "fell on a stick" story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I would like to know how much cat litter is on that stack. If she impaled herself there and received scratches, wouldn't litter be on her body too? Just thinking on the defense vs pros here.

JD was the one who stated it was where they dumped cat litter. I'd really like to know why he felt that tidbit of information was imperative to his case. It seems to be that he is working on building up a defense. Everything "out of place" that he has stated thus far I can see a reason (sick reasons) for him sharing seemingly unrelated info...but the cat litter reference he made, I can't figure that one out. I would like to know why he felt it was important to mention that that was where they dumped the kitty litter.

To he or she who shall remain nameless, thank you for your blunt private message reminding me that this is about Willow, not me and my feelings. I DO appreciate you having the fortitude to do that - I needed a kick in the pants and I am typing this publicly to keep myself accountable. This is about the missing, not about me. I was wrong - very sorry.

Is there a rough time we might expect further updates on the autopsy? Will we find out results of rape test etc? Or will that be sealed?

Not that I want to know, god knows that precious girl suffered enough even if she wasn't sexually assaulted, but those results would confirm a lot for many.

Maybe when the Grand Jury finishes hearing the info?

I don't know what this nation is coming to. I just read the details of what Justin DeRyke said truly happened, as he was angered at the blood drawn on his arm, when Willow grabbed it as he came out of the bathroom. I would rather not say what I read that he was doing in there. He chased her, she ran out into the brush pile, was impaled by a stick, wounded horribly, and he used a knife to insure her death. That's about as mildly as I can type it. I am sick...

Perhaps running to JD's rescue has been a way of life for his parents. How can they even consider hiring a private lawyer to defend the son and the son would allow it? Incredibly self-centered IMHO. No one deserves what he's putting his parents through. Time to grow up, sonny.

Toothless, I originally came here due to a local case near where I live. The teen-aged girl disappeared in March 2012 on her way to the school bus stop, never found despite weekly searches, and her accused murderer has been in jail since May 2012 and hasn't even pleaded yet. That is such a sad case. But this one, with Willow's own flesh-and-blood accused of her horrendous murder, is the worst case I have followed. There are no words.

Did you follow the Caylee Anthony case?

If she was twitching on the ground dying she wouldn't have defense wounds on her hands! I don't believe this idiot for a second! This thread is moving so fast I can't stay caught up. Do we know if the mother was trying to cover up for him?

I've been trying to catch up here for the past 3 hours but keep getting called away to other things. So this note is something I have been trying to write for hours.

Thanks to all that transcribed the press conference today! That is so helpful to those of us that could not listen. Does anybody know if the PC is posted anywhere so those of us that missed it can go back and listen?

For others like me, just finally able to check in and catch up. I found this article informative and disturbing. http://effinghamdailynews.com/local/x789526962/-5-million-bond-set-for-Justin-DeRyke

Welcome to the new members!!! Sorry I don't know all of your names, but the new perspectives and thought processes are always appreciated.

Also welcome to all the guests that have been viewing!! Please come, sign up and join in the conversation!

Since this is the case and this is a victim friendly site, why are the posts containing conjecture of mom's involvement still popping up?

Because it was brought up during the press conference today, which my comment you quoted is in regards to.

I've been trying to catch up here for the past 3 hours but keep getting called away to other things. So this note is something I have been trying to write for hours.

Thanks to all that transcribed the press conference today! That is so helpful to those of us that could not listen. Does anybody know if the PC is posted anywhere so those of us that missed it can go back and listen?

For others like me, just finally able to check in and catch up. I found this article informative and disturbing. http://effinghamdailynews.com/local/x789526962/-5-million-bond-set-for-Justin-DeRyke

Welcome to the new members!!! Sorry I don't know all of your names, but the new perspectives and thought processes are always appreciated.

Also welcome to all the guests that have been viewing!! Please come, sign up and join in the conversation!
Yes, ClaireNC, I read it...and was sick. It is simply awful to contemplate his reasoning, and I do not believe we have heard the truth, yet.

I
JD was the one who stated it was where they dumped cat litter. I'd really like to know why he felt that tidbit of information was imperative to his case. It seems to be that he is working on building up a defense. Everything "out of place" that he has stated thus far I can see a reason (sick reasons) for him sharing seemingly unrelated info...but the cat litter reference he made, I can't figure that one out. I would like to know why he felt it was important to mention that that was where they dumped the kitty litter.

To he or she who shall remain nameless, thank you for your blunt private message reminding me that this is about Willow, not me and my feelings. I DO appreciate you having the fortitude to do that - I needed a kick in the pants and I am typing this publicly to keep myself accountable. This is about the missing, not about me. I was wrong - very sorry.

Maybe the actual kitty litter box was kept in the bathroom?

IF there was a scuffle in the bathroom Willow might have litter on her from falling? IMO

Just brainstorming. Don't known if I even believe it myself.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I would like to know how much cat litter is on that stack. If she impaled herself there and received scratches, wouldn't litter be on her body too? Just thinking on the defense vs pros here.

Another strange detail in this story? I must have missed the part about there being used kitty litter in the wood pile. Why would someone do that? Put used kitty litter outside on the ground near their home I mean? Wouldn't that give off an unpleasant odour around the home? Even the cats are smart enough to bury it.

So....where was the kitty litter box in the house? My guess is it is kept in the bathroom. Have a feeling a lot of unpleasant things were going on in that bathroom. So if there is any kitty litter found in those bags, it's not necessarily from the wood pile IMO. And kitty litter absorbs liquid obviously. If there was any blood around that pile, the kitty litter would have absorbed it. No way you're going to clean that up.

I suppose we have not heard whether Willow was clothed at all when she was found? I know another poster had the same question. I don't suppose she was since she should have been wearing the pyjama shirt that I'm guessing she had on when Mom left for the bar. The one that was mentioned in the initial report and was later found. Wonder where in the house it was found? And what is JD suggesting Willow was doing from the time her Mom left the house until 11pm when she supposedly grabbed his arm to come watch TV. He wasn't with her according to him. She should have been in bed. Wouldn't a 7yr old who was now well into a school routine be tired by that time in the evening? Even if it was a weekend? Did Mom put both kids to bed before she left so that JD didn't really have to babysit but rather just listen out for them?

ETA: And I bet they didn't find any grass, twigs, leaves or branches in those bags either. If this happened outside and he put her in the bags out there, there should be all kinds of outdoor debris in those bags. And since he sealed and double sealed her body, that makes it even better for them to determine where she was when placed in the bags.

Lots of questions still to be answered it seems.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members