GUILTY IL - Willow Long, 7, Watson, 8 Sept 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The ME will be able to tell if the cuts were from the knife or from sticks in a pile. I think the pile of sticks/branches was convenient for JD to use in his scenario, and I don't believe it at all. He's lucky I won't be on his jury!

It is the jury I worry about in many of these cases...

Aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here I sit in tears that I can't make go away and it's making for a real messy booger session as well. I guess I am trying my damnedest to make something...anything, just one little scrap of what [expletive] claims happened...true. I have been doing that since it was first announced that he had been arrested. I want so desperately for his story to be true because I do not understand. This is the first, I don't know I guess you would call it a case? that I have tuned into here on this site. Some part of his story has to be true doesn't it? Why...for frack sake WHY the [expletive] would an UNCLE purposefully murder his own flesh and blood. Not only that, but a SEVEN year old little girl who CLEARLY poses absolutely ZERO threat to him??? I don't understand and I am really really really trying to understand how almost all of you are instantaneously saying that everything he ever said was a lie. HOW can that be? I'm honestly and truthfully...I don't understand I don't get it I don't understand at all. I know men get into fights and kill each other on accident when drunk. I know wars happen and nations kill nations. I know car accidents happen and drunk drivers kill other people. I know murders DO occur (I'm extremely sheltered but not that sheltered). I know people kill people for the sake of killing, like people in gangs and such. But an uncle killing his niece??? I DONT get that and I don't understand why and this is really really...really very bad and I don't understand. I don't get how someone that young he is only 20-something, how someone that young can have the ability to make up something SO elaborate and deep and full of a whole scenario and, how he planned all this or didn't plan it or, I don't even know wtf I'm typing right now. I DONT UNDERSTAND I don't get it. Surely something is not right here. Surely something happened he didn't intend to happen? Why would he just kill her for no reason she was such a beautiful and bright and friendly little child by all accounts I have read I just don't GET IT. I don't get it and this isn't fair this isn't fair at all it's not fiar.

Edit - I thought she ran away because mom wouldn't let her watch a movie she wanted to watch or something and instead little brother got to watch a frog movie. I thought perhaps she ran into a black widow spider or a venomous snake and she was hurt somewhere and they would find her but instead she gets her throat slit open and stabbed? SHE was SEVEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bless your heart. I totally understand! I've been there in your place when I started. Because of Websleuths I know the danger when I see an 8 or 10 year old girl walking up the street alone. I want to find those parents and give them a good talking to because of what I have learned here.

I'm afraid we don't get too many cases here that end good but when they do it's wonderful.

Even after I had been here many years I had to pull back and stay off here after Ethan Stacy's case and take a vacation from Websleuths because of what was done to him.There is so much pure evil in this world and we see a lot of it here so prepare yourself. I personally think there are cases here that are worse than this one.

I agree that I don"t think JD is a sociopath or a serial killer. But rage and or drugs can make people do things they would never consider or think they are capable of.

One impulse acted on in the heat of the moment doesn't just destroy one victim it destroys all involved. Parents and family of the victim never get to kiss and hug that child again,etc! The murderer has family too that have to live with the guilt of knowing their son has murdered a child, even more with it all being in one family!

Hang in there, I enjoy your posts and understand exactly where you're coming from. I wish every parent knew what we've learned here at Websleuths.

I'm not totally ignorant, I know about the Sandy Hook situation and that was absolutely horribly dreadful. But that was a weird kid with mental problems and those were stranger-kids to him. I still don't understand an uncle killing the child of his sister. I could never ever ever do that, ever. I could never. Granted I couldn't kill anyone else either apart from self-defense but I probably couldn't even do that much. I'm just totally lost right now, I really don't understand wtf went on here...my head hurts.

I adore little Willow and I never even met her. Love her forever and I pray she is dancing and playing and romping in the clouds. And I am not concerned with why her mama bear lied her pants off. That mother is going to suffer like no other and I imagine she is going to have to deal with unbearable guilt for the rest of her days. The burden she will carry is more than punishment enough for having a few drinks at a bar and fibbing about it. And those grandparents oh my heavens I can't even fathom. Poor little NG too. This is horrible.

I do not know who said it but someone said to get a break and away from this wretched PC so that's what I'm going to do.

Sending big purple-huggles to Willow. I don't even know if that is her favorite color but even if I learn otherwise I think it will stick with me forever as her color.

Took a walk and thought about all of this. Sleuthing is part speculation and development of theories - then doing the research to prove or disprove them.

So, my theory is that JD probably did play his video games that night (it says online with friends, so can be proven if need be). I think he got sexually aroused and went to Willow's room (possibly in bed asleep - hence, the no glasses). With that many people living in a house less than 1,500 sq ft, he possibly carried her into the bathroom (maybe she shared a room with brother) - maybe she was still even sleeping at that point. I think he started to sexually assault her and that's when she woke up and fought back - and when he got the scratch on his arm. I think she took off running and he grabbed his knife and took off after her. Maybe he thought she would be too young to try to fight back or figure out what he was doing??? It is very possible that she did run outside and fall on a stick/log/brush pile, or whatever it was, she could have even impaled her neck with a stick. Without her glasses and it being dark, I can very much see her fleeing from the house and doing this. I think when she fell is when he caught up with her and killed her to keep her quiet. Then, I think he panicked and disposed of the body. I think he left little brother asleep in bed when he took Willow to the slue.

There is no way this happened the way he said. There is absolutely no reason to explain about video games and masturbating unless it was to cover the DNA/semen they were going to test for.

Just my theory and opinion.

I've been sitting on a similar scenario but I think when she tripped on the brush pile he subdued her and took her elsewhere to ..... to do the rest.

I would think they would be able to tell if the scratches were from a knife blade or a rough stick.

JMO

Yes definitely. Even if, and I'm trying to say this in the least graphic manner possible, there was an attempt to disguise a knife wound with the stick after. I think they'll know from the shape and type of cut.

I find it really strange. He discusses her on the floor twitching but there is not mention about removing the stick, something that I image would be terribly traumatic if it were an accident. I mean to say, if it were large enough to impale someone but not move in the process, and strong enough to not break he would either have to remove it from her to move her body or leave it in its position. If it were left we'd expect it to be present when found and therefore it would have been mentioned. This makes less sense when you consider that JD said she was on the floor, so it would have been a stick low to the ground or fell as she did. MOO, JMO

You would just expect there to be an obvious site where the ‘accident’ occurred and we haven’t heard that. The dogs surely would have discovered it and it would have made the story more plausible. MOO, JMO

EDIT: The probable cause statement said that the stick was in her neck when she was on the floor, just for reference. http://fox2now.com/2013/09/11/new-details-emerge-in-death-of-willow-long/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I’m sorry I think I’m rambling and sorry for the graphic post.

I'll probably never be completely caught up long enough to post anything, so I'm just going to do it. It doesn't really have anything to do with the death, but I'm willing to cut mom a bit of slack. I've been wondering if she more or less believes what she said was true; for example:

She went drinking Saturday night and slept for a couple of hours at a friend/boyfriend's house. On Sunday morning she got home around 8:30 and asked JD if the kids were up and if they'd eaten yet. He told her they were downstairs wanting to watch a movie but hadn't eaten. She threw a couple poptarts in the toaster and made a couple bowls of cereal, and told him to feed them and put in a movie. She then says she has to lay down because her head is killing her, and she goes to bed for a couple hours. When she gets up, the 3 year old is crying for Willow, and things go as she stated from there...

What would be missing is that late the night before Willow had been murdered, but he didn't want to leave to get rid of the body in case CD came home. Instead, he cleaned up as well as he could, put her in layers of garbage/trash bags and left her by the pile of sticks until he had a chance to move her. Once CD went to bed, he put her into his trunk/truck?, dropped her off and went home again. Once he got home, he went to his room (or got ready for work, whatever the story is), and the little boy started crying for Willow (he may have seen her being put into the bags earlier and then loaded up to get rid of her.)

In her foggy mind, mom may have actually believed she had fed the kids and seen them watching tv, mainly because it's what she believed happened when she got home. I just find it hard to believe that she would cover for him if she knew what he had done, and this is the only way I can make both versions more or less honest. MOO

Took a walk and thought about all of this. Sleuthing is part speculation and development of theories - then doing the research to prove or disprove them.

So, my theory is that JD probably did play his video games that night (it says online with friends, so can be proven if need be). I think he got sexually aroused and went to Willow's room (possibly in bed asleep - hence, the no glasses). With that many people living in a house less than 1,500 sq ft, he possibly carried her into the bathroom (maybe she shared a room with brother) - maybe she was still even sleeping at that point. I think he started to sexually assault her and that's when she woke up and fought back - and when he got the scratch on his arm. I think she took off running and he grabbed his knife and took off after her. Maybe he thought she would be too young to try to fight back or figure out what he was doing??? It is very possible that she did run outside and fall on a stick/log/brush pile, or whatever it was, she could have even impaled her neck with a stick. Without her glasses and it being dark, I can very much see her fleeing from the house and doing this. I think when she fell is when he caught up with her and killed her to keep her quiet. Then, I think he panicked and disposed of the body. I think he left little brother asleep in bed when he took Willow to the slue.

There is no way this happened the way he said. There is absolutely no reason to explain about video games and masturbating unless it was to cover the DNA/semen they were going to test for.

Just my theory and opinion.

I think this is closer than other ideas I've read. I fear this sexual aspect has been ongoing- why else would she have hauled butt like he said?... unless her gut instinct just said, "RUN"...

I just can't grasp this whole thing.

I never realised that the timeline of pop tarts and stuff was first given by the paternal grandmother (PCE) of Willow. (see the following link)

Nathanial “would not stop crying and we couldn’t find her. I called my mom as we were going around the block and I told her and she called my brother and talked to him. By the time I got up here I was dialing 9-1-1 and he came out and he was crying and he couldn’t find her in the house and I couldn’t find her so I had to stay here until someone got here so he went and drove around and he got my neighbors and they started walking and looking and while I was calling 911, my mother called the mayor’s wife.

http://shelbycountynews.net/search-for-missing-watson-girl-resumed-monday-evening-after-temporary-delay-p24744-1.htm
OMG, little NG definitely appears to have seen something.

I do not believe I have posted since Caylee, but this case drew me...probably because it is not too far away from me.

I read the probable cause statement here: http://fox2now.com/2013/09/11/new-details-emerge-in-death-of-willow-long/ and have a few questions.

Willow pulled on the Uncle's arm because she wanted him to watch tv with her. It has been posted Willow's mom said she could not see well without her glasses. Wouldn't she have her glasses on if she was going to watch tv?

In an interview I watched, the grandfather Willow was not one to run off or leave the yard. According to the Uncle's story, her running outside was around 10:30 at night. How far would a seven year old run in the dark?

Hubby and I used to hire a babysitter so we could go listen to bands at a local pub. The first thing I did when we got home was check on both children. Did Mom check on the children when she got home? Why did Mom tell the breakfast/children watching video story if Willow wasn't there?

The Uncle's story is he attempted to stab Willow five times in the heart, yet the report at the above link does not mention any injuries mid chest line?

Thanks for any input.

JD, you did not alleviate that baby's pain and suffering...you were the cause of it, and I don't like you. Nope, not at all.

It can happen from a simple fall...

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

My daughter was about 8 and fell off her bike and a stick went about 1/4 inch into her leg. It wasn't a huge/big stick. Accidents do happen. IMO this was a vicious murder of an innocent little girl. His neice............

Now no doubt his parents will spend thousands of $$$$ ,right before their retirement age, knowing he's guilty, on a private attorney.:rolleyes:

Wow...just wow. Sounds like he's come up with an excuse for everything, including the *advertiser censored* watching that night. There may not have been a sexual assault but there may have been an attempt. Which you know she would have told her mother about. So I guess she had to die? Sicko.

The pile of branches story is to accommodate the neck wounds? I didn't see anything in that article that the coroner claims there was an impalement injury as well as the throat slashing injury.

No death penalty in Illinois? Lucky for him. :stormingmad:

MOO

Good point that there is no account of impalement wounds on/in the neck by coroner... :waitasec:

JMO

I'll probably never be completely caught up long enough to post anything, so I'm just going to do it. It doesn't really have anything to do with the death, but I'm willing to cut mom a bit of slack. I've been wondering if she more or less believes what she said was true; for example:

She went drinking Saturday night and slept for a couple of hours at a friend/boyfriend's house. On Sunday morning she got home around 8:30 and asked JD if the kids were up and if they'd eaten yet. He told her they were downstairs wanting to watch a movie but hadn't eaten. She threw a couple poptarts in the toaster and made a couple bowls of cereal, and told him to feed them and put in a movie. She then says she has to lay down because her head is killing her, and she goes to bed for a couple hours. When she gets up, the 3 year old is crying for Willow, and things go as she stated from there...

What would be missing is that late the night before Willow had been murdered, but he didn't want to leave to get rid of the body in case CD came home. Instead, he cleaned up as well as he could, put her in layers of garbage/trash bags and left her by the pile of sticks until he had a chance to move her. Once CD went to bed, he put her into his trunk/truck?, dropped her off and went home again. Once he got home, he went to his room (or got ready for work, whatever the story is), and the little boy started crying for Willow (he may have seen her being put into the bags earlier and then loaded up to get rid of her.)

In her foggy mind, mom may have actually believed she had fed the kids and seen them watching tv, mainly because it's what she believed happened when she got home. I just find it hard to believe that she would cover for him if she knew what he had done, and this is the only way I can make both versions more or less honest. MOO

Don't know if you saw this yet. The probable cause statements are at the bottom of this article with a rough timeline of events.

"Interview with DeRyke reveals details in Willow Long’s death" including probable cause statement
http://fox2now.com/2013/09/11/new-d...w-long/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

If Willow wanted to watch tv with her uncle, wouldn't she have been wearing her glasses? Her glasses being in her room, makes me wonder if she was taking a shower and he surprised her.

I really want to know what she was wearing when she was found.

Given all the commotion that went on, most likely they got knocked off her face. She didn't leave the property alive, thus, she did not need them to see. It is very possible he sealed her up, found the glasses later when cleaning up, and put them in her room. And my guess, the glasses in her room (being a kid) might not have been a place she would put/left them and that in itself raised red flags.

Ciara's FB has been deleted.

Hopefully nothing, but when I was Facebook stalking her Monday, I noticed her family tree and that Justin's Facebook was deleted. I thought that it was **** down by law enforcement as evidence for some reason. Not sure why, but I hope that's not the case now. Maybe just more people like me clicking on friends of friends of friends. That's when I saw the drug use and satan references that were mentioned early on and probably have no relevance now. I live in Florida and I know it has a bad rep in general, but these "country" looking prevalent white communities like this and the parsons case and the elaina case need addressing. The youth here appear lost and I hope it's not true.

I don't doubt it either. But as court trials go, I feel we might have someone for the defense try and explain that the "cuts" on her hands are falling into that pile, etc.

I mean, why is the stack/brush/dump such a focal point for JD? Basically, I am trying to blow the stack... Whatever excuse that could come up, I want to just discuss what plausible theory could take place and just say "nope, not buying that. nice try."

I would like to know how much cat litter is on that stack. If she impaled herself there and received scratches, wouldn't litter be on her body too? Just thinking on the defense vs pros here.

Been here a LONG time and followed 100's of cases.....there are always some who make excuses for or feel sorry for or don't believe the evidence against a perp. Those posts get a lot of attention....and a lot of counter opinions....but, everyone is allowed to respectfully state their opinion. :twocents:

And here is my opinion on mom....arrest her if she lied to police.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member