GUILTY IL - Willow Long, 7, Watson, 8 Sept 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LarkBunting, thank you for the true story. What a freak accident that was.
I've been wondering how dangerous it could be to give my grandchild one of those musical recorders, like a wooden flute. After reading your story, I doubt I will give her a recorder or even a pencil from this day forward.

I never realised that the timeline of pop tarts and stuff was first given by the paternal grandmother (PCE) of Willow. (see the following link)

OMG, little NG definitely appears to have seen something.

The pop tart/cereal thing was given to the press by Ciara's boyfriend's mother, Patty. I would think she got the information from Ciara, but she may have reinterpreted it.

How can people just carry on with life so easily??

He claims it was an 'acciden't, yet he got up in the morning, and still went to work while searchers were out searching for Willow .:banghead:

He was probably freaking out the whole time and coming up with his crazy explanations should they happen to find her or evidence around the house. He likely needed to go to work to get out from under the pressure of his sister and LE asking questions.

MOO

has there been ANY indication from LE or in the MSM that rape or sexual assault was a factor in this crime? I have seen lots of speculation here and elsewhere that rape was a motive for her killing.

I know experience with case watching would suggest that as a possible motive for the murder, but is there anything ELSE driving the continued suggestion that Rape was a factor in this one? Or are we just going with the odds on that?

ah Nevermind, I just read the charging doc in its entirety and NOW I see why sexual assault dots are being connected. And might I say I am right there connecting them along with now.

ETA thanks for the answers guys, I was unable to watch or read the presser, dealing with a feverish kid today.

Yep, you got it. What he said and past experience on the part of a lot of sleuthers. Sucks that we are right more than not doesn't it?

*in general, not just this case.

That would still be a lie, considering her daughter was missing and is now dead due to brutal violence. I would like to know what the mother actually said to LE, and whether or not she really said she saw Willow Sunday morning. LE is being way too wishy washy on this. I understand the sympathy for the mother who has lost a child, but I have trouble finding any at this point. We need answers, in Willow's memory!

Am I mistaken in understanding that reports if mom's activities came from someone besides herself?

I don't believe people are basing it on odds of other cases, no. I think people are leaning that way because of the specific wording JD used in his court appearance today. He specifically included that he went into the bathroom to masturbate; why would he include that information when it was not needed (by the court)? He then said Willow scratched him, drawing blood. That could be a defense for him, if they find his skin under her fingernails from fighting him off. Then, he decided to say that she fell into the wood pile, which we already knew was his angle, but in court he decided to add in that the kitty litter box was emptied in said wood pile. If the cat litter box is also kept in the bathroom...etc. He's just using way too many "possible defense scenarios" for one who might be trying to cover a sexual assault charge if one comes into play.

The thanks button was not enough. Excellent post ToothlessFairy! I was about to post the same thought process. I might add that he also threw in the "video game" card. Could be used as part of the defense. "The violent video games made me do it". :eyeroll:

Perhaps running to JD's rescue has been a way of life for his parents. How can they even consider hiring a private lawyer to defend the son and the son would allow it? Incredibly self-centered IMHO. No one deserves what he's putting his parents through. Time to grow up, sonny.

Toothless, I originally came here due to a local case near where I live. The teen-aged girl disappeared in March 2012 on her way to the school bus stop, never found despite weekly searches, and her accused murderer has been in jail since May 2012 and hasn't even pleaded yet. That is such a sad case. But this one, with Willow's own flesh-and-blood accused of her horrendous murder, is the worst case I have followed. There are no words.

I can't imagine his parents paying for a private attorney. That would never, ever happen here!

I think JD is a male Jodi Arias.

Whether his story makes sense to anyone matters not. He thinks he is so clever and charming that it is no problem. I bet he has gotten away with crazy lies over the years.

He must have a bit of personality to work at Starbucks. No reason for them to hire a dud.

He has lived several different places. I find that interesting.

IIRC, on his FB he was holding a young child. Since he appeared to live far away, I did not memorize much about him. I figured the child was his.

Where I live, when you rent an apartment, you have to have the first month, last month and a damage deposit as well. I wonder if he found willing women to live with?

I hope he has saved his tips. What would be the retainer for a first degree murder charge? $100,000? More? I am guessing more.

Who knows if he is charming, but things about him fit sociopath.

Moves frequently so does not hold a job for long. Grandiose ideas ( paying for his own attorney )

Lying . Not even good lying.

What else?

Oh yes. Blaming Willow for her own death. Of course. And he is such a prince! He put her out of her misery! See what a great guy he is? Never his fault for anything, I bet.

I believe the dropping out of school fits into the sociopath list

Is there a place where we can find out in what locations he has resided in the past? I can't shake this feeling that this isn't his first rodeo.

Unless she did run away and make it to the brush pile and picked up a stick to use for defense and it got shoved in her throat. I can't get past the autopsy report that does not seem to indicate anything other than lacerations and stab wounds and defensive wounds on her.

I think that has the bare minimum and not even close to all her injuries. jmo

I bet he took that white van to work too. Just to get it away from the LE officials crawling all over his property.

MOO

Good point, I mean who puts serving coffee as more important than searching for a missing child relative or comforting your sister through the ordeal.
He seems to have tried to have an explanation for everything but not for this act.

I bet he took that white van to work too. Just to get it away from the LE officials crawling all over his property.

MOO
Yep. He needed the extra hour that he took to get to work that day to clean it up. :moo:

Unless she did run away and make it to the brush pile and picked up a stick to use for defense and it got shoved in her throat. I can't get past the autopsy report that does not seem to indicate anything other than lacerations and stab wounds and defensive wounds on her.

I find it questionable that with all this activity and injuries in the brush pile, the dogs that were brought in didn't pick up her scent there. I have a feeling she was never anywhere near that pile of twigs. When she ran outside for whatever reason, why would she run into that pile of debris? Even without her glasses, she knew where it was.

Re: blood near woodpile...can well trained dogs smell blood thru cat pee? What about poorly or less-than-perfwctly trained dogs? Does anyone know...? Just trying to figure out where she died-and going with the theory that even when a perp lies there's usually a shred of truth. I find it very weird that he even mentioned they dumped the litter box in brush pile....

I think this is closer than other ideas I've read. I fear this sexual aspect has been ongoing- why else would she have hauled butt like he said?... unless her gut instinct just said, "RUN"...

I just can't grasp this whole thing.

I agree. What has he done before that she felt the need to put that much distance between him?

I can't imagine his parents paying for a private attorney. That would never, ever happen here!

I found that interesting too, PD not good enough? Although, if he agrees to a plea deal, private attorney fee's wouldn't be astronomical. I want to know more about JD, had he been in any trouble? Concerning behavior? What did his SB co-workers think of him?

Has anyone found online gaming profiles for him? All I have seen thus far is a facebook page, but most of it is private.

I want to know how her behavior's been at school and if there were days she did NOT want to go home.

Most here say the 3 y/o looks very unhappy in pics. Willow always looks happy. Wonder if he was doing something to the boy and Willow intervened.

I imaging it won't been too long before some of JD's friends start talking, if he had any friends!

Most here say the 3 y/o looks very unhappy in pics. Willow always looks happy. Wonder if he was doing something to the boy and Willow intervened.

Just when I think the story couldn't get any worse.

Does anyone else think he could have done this prior to Willow? I guess what I am asking is...I don't know how sleuthing works exactly, but shouldn't we be attempting to match with other unsolved, similar cases? Maybe it doesn't work like that, I'm not sure.

I've been on NAMUS looking for missing girls in that area and so far haven't found any, but still mapping....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member