GUILTY IL - Willow Long, 7, Watson, 8 Sept 2013 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the crime happened in the home, I'm thinking it happened in the yard. By all accounts they were looking for Willow when she first disappeared because they felt she wandered off. They wouldn't be looking for blood in the ground, they'd be looking for a little girl lost. I don't believe for a moment that they searched her yard like people looking for a crime scene/blood - they were looking for an upright or sitting/laying little girl...alive and breathing.

It is also possible (and this is what I'm praying for) that JD's statements about masturbating, and kitty litter in the pile, and Willow scratching him from behind making him angry, etc...all of those in-depth details might just be JD's attempt at making the listener believe that he is honest and forthright and giving all the happenings of the entire morning...to make himself NOT look like a flat-out liar about what (I believe) really happened...which is murder in the 1st.

I am still praying that sexual abuse has nothing to do with this case. We all know what his statements can mean, but maybe they don't. That is what I am hoping and praying. She suffered excruciatingly at the hands of this monster and I pray the sexual abuse theory is non-existent. Not all cases are the same.

I know you all have been here longer than I have, and I know I'm new at this...but *because* I'm new, I don't automatically assume he was sexually abusing her based off three statements he made. This is Willow's plight, this isn't all the little ones that have sadly gone before her...it's Willow, and her killer is not the same killer in other cases. This case - could be different.

Umm I never mentioned anything about me being here longer than you or anyone else. :cool:

FWIW, there is a reason the perp told LE he masturbated in the bathroom.
He didn't throw that out there only for the timeline IMOO
Have a good afternoon.

I agree about the odd details he has mentioned. Cat litter, getting up to masturbate in the washroom, the amount of time he was in there, that she drew blood by grabbing his arm etc.

Would someone think about these things before? Premeditated? It seems like he thought about this and the what would happen if...

Also why hide the body so close to the house? He had a van why not further? Did he intend it to be in the water and float down stream but didn't realize how heavy it was and it didn't go as planned?

If the mother stated she was there in the morning, how could this have gone down inside? hungover, sick or whatever that kid is screaming for her life.

This really is one messed up case but I am really sure they have got what they need to convict and a jury is not stupid. His story makes no sense whatsoever.

BBM, I believe the TOD is 11pm the night before, according to the probable cause statement.

Willow Long's brother taken into protective custody

http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/397537/3/Brother-of-Willow-Long-taken-into-DCFS-custody[/

Isn't this "telling" that NG, Willow's brother" has been taken into protective custody?

there are other parents/grand parents that could be caring for him at this time...

Perhaps it is felt he needs to be "interviewed" (as a child would be talked with), and be provided therapy, since he may have witnessed a horrendous crime...

and that there may be evidence of abuse from uncle (JD)...

Interesting that it is reported in this article that there is no record of Child Services being involved with this family prior to this "event"...

JMO

I wonder if it is still considered DCFS custody. I had my nephews for a few months but they were still considered to be in DCF custody.

This is what I was thinking. This way, they can specify that the child NOT see the mother, or only at preapproved times/locations, etc.

Hi all. I'm new to this group. I stumbled across you guys when searching for more info on Willow Long when she went missing and of course I can't tear myself away. I just received my permission to post (been waiting for over 24 hours) and I'd like to shed some light on some questions that were posed in the #2 and #3 discusions. Not sure how to quote those from here or if I even can?
A few people had asked why the search K9s didn't hit on the possible crime scenes? Mainly because at the time thats not what they were being asked to look for. Search K9s fall into 2 main categories: Live Find & Cadaver
Some K9s are certified in both disciplines however they are instructed as to what they should be looking for when they begin their search. A well trained cross functional K9 should not alert on cadaver when they are searching for live. It's my understanding that the Search K9s were used at the beginning of the search for a missing child, thought to be living, so that explains why they may not have alerted on cadaver.
It's not unheard of, though for a dog to alert on cadaver even when searching for live, IF they've been exposed to cadaver. But this is the reason FEMA doesn't want cross trained dogs on disasters when time is of the essence and they are looking for survivors.

Maybe....but if the crime happened in the home where is the blood? There had to be a lot of blood...she was stabbed in the neck and heart.
Where did the perp put his bloody clothes?
Not meaning to debunk your theory at all. :seeya:
just thinking out loud.

I'm not saying the crime itself occurred in the home - I think it happened in the yard and I think he took her out there, way in the back, as not to leave anything in the house...jmo

BBM, I believe the TOD is 11pm the night before, according to the probable cause statement.

So if that is the case then how is her story even possible?

Have they released any interview statements from the mother or just what her father said and the reporters?

I just want to confirm the facts and I am constantly trying to catch up and I think I keep missing important information lol.. I should just quit my job and sleuth :floorlaugh:

This article is from yesterday, Sept 9th!

http://effinghamdailynews.com/local/...ghter-abducted

But De Ryke complained he hasn't been allowed to see his son Justin, Willow's uncle, and was only able to speak to daughter Ciara briefly.

After this article was released, Willow's body was found. So, when was the Grandfather allowed to speak to Justin? Or, is Gramps telling one story yesterday, and another today? LE would not have allowed them to speak today if Justin was the suspect, unless recorded.

I guess we shall know more tomorrow.

I posted the above in the previous thread. Gramps said he hadn't been able to talk to his son on Sept 9th. Then, the very next day, he makes the "confession" comment. I found it very odd that LE wouldn't allow him to talk to his son, but then he gives JD's confession to the media.

Regardless, these were two separate days, two separate interviews.

Hope that helps.
BINGO!!
AngelWings I have been saying that all along. Just challenged enough technically to add the link.

Hi all. I'm new to this group. I stumbled across you guys when searching for more info on Willow Long when she went missing and of course I can't tear myself away. I just received my permission to post (been waiting for over 24 hours) and I'd like to shed some light on some questions that were posed in the #2 and #3 discusions. Not sure how to quote those from here or if I even can?
A few people had asked why the search K9s didn't hit on the possible crime scenes? Mainly because at the time thats not what they were being asked to look for. Search K9s fall into 2 main categories: Live Find & Cadaver
Some K9s are certified in both disciplines however they are instructed as to what they should be looking for when they begin their search. A well trained cross functional K9 should not alert on cadaver when they are searching for live. It's my understanding that the Search K9s were used at the beginning of the search for a missing child, thought to be living, so that explains why they may not have alerted on cadaver.
It's not unheard of, though for a dog to alert on cadaver even when searching for live, IF they've been exposed to cadaver. But this is the reason FEMA doesn't want cross trained dogs on disasters when time is of the essence and they are looking for survivors.

Thanks for this information I never knew that

So in the confession/investigative report it doesn't state if they asked if he wanted to speak to a lawyer. It says they interviewed him twice. They would ask wouldn't they?

If not all that he has said has to be thrown out no?

no - what the gpa said to the media = hearsay

the probable cause statement is just that - probable cause to take the case to a Grand Jury (LE is building their own case to counter his case)

there has been no attorney present in the entire situation that we/MSM knows of - we'd know by now; that's the law; we'd know if he was represented by legal counsel

Not worried in the least bit - thankful this was not a random act of violence against kids in "the community"

"Additionally, sleuthing family members that are not suspect is not allowed. Don't make random accusations or post personal information (even if it is public) like parking tickets, address, or first and last names of all their relatives and their neighbors. Also, never "bash" or attack them, or accuse them of involvement. However that does not mean that family members cannot come into discussion as the facts and issues of the case are discussed."

I am confused, so perhaps someone can explain this to me. We can't post personal information (like where mom was during the time) even though it's been publicly posted...I get that. But, it then says we can talk about family members as facts are discussed.

...I'm confused. :( Can someone define what is okay to discuss and what is not, regarding Willow's case? I am new here and I do NOT want to get myself in trouble, but I am confused by the rule. Thank you in advance.

welcome!!!!:rockon:

Thanks for your knowledge, and welcome. :)

So in the confession/investigative report it doesn't state if they asked if he wanted to speak to a lawyer. It says they interviewed him twice. They would ask wouldn't they?

If not all that he has said has to be thrown out no?

Oh... No... :eek:

However... LE has been very methodical in their approach throughout this case...

It is hard to believe they would allow such an important step to be overlooked...

JMO...

any legal experts on board to help us with this question?

TIA...:seeya:

Thank you for the explanation.

However, a person that has been stabbed, repeatedly would lose a lot of blood and there would be spatter.

If indeed this happened in the home or yard wouldn't flies and other insects be attracted to the blood? Especially in the yard.

I still want to know where JD's clothes are.

If Willow's nightgown was found in the home, then where. Had she even had it on prior to the attack?

"Additionally, sleuthing family members that are not suspect is not allowed. Don't make random accusations or post personal information (even if it is public) like parking tickets, address, or first and last names of all their relatives and their neighbors. Also, never "bash" or attack them, or accuse them of involvement. However that does not mean that family members cannot come into discussion as the facts and issues of the case are discussed."

I am confused, so perhaps someone can explain this to me. We can't post personal information (like where mom was during the time) even though it's been publicly posted...I get that. But, it then says we can talk about family members as facts are discussed.

...I'm confused. :( Can someone define what is okay to discuss and what is not, regarding Willow's case? I am new here and I do NOT want to get myself in trouble, but I am confused by the rule. Thank you in advance.
if it is in the media you can discuss it.

hope that helps

I'm confused, too... He was with his biological dad the night before last, according to his (CONFIRMED ID) uncle (His father's brother). I don't know if this news article is "behind," or if the boy was only with his biological dad for a while before returning to his mother, or if CPS took him from his biological dad... I'm curious to know, though.

I just want to point something out.... this is from a Facebook posting and as such is considered rumor. We truly do not know if N was with his bio dad.

I've been thinking so much about this case, especially his claim that he somehow wanted to end her suffering. All of his lies seem spun from snippets of reality and the sad thing is, I think he did feel she was suffering because of whatever HE did to her. And it caught him by surprise. Like a part of him woke up from whatever he was doing to her and was horrified by the pain and agony he had inflicted on her. So from there on it became about ending her misery and he convinced himself that he was helping her somehow.

His story is sinister, not merciful.

Hopefully, the Great State of IL can afford to keep him behind bars for the rest of his life

wow, thank you. that makes perfect sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member