GUILTY IL - Willow Long, 7, Watson, 8 Sept 2013 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MOO is they didn't. Right before she was found at 1930, they stated the search would end at 2000 and they would be using heat seeking planes to look for her. iirc

I have zero doubt they knew what they were doing - many people would be heading home along I57 & Hwy 37 IMHO where the bag(s) were located

Any info on whether the dogs, looking for a live child, trailed Willow to the brush pile? That's important, IMO.

I do not find it at all unusual that the other child has been removed. His sister was (apparently) just murdered by his uncle, he may have been left alone while the body was being dumped into the river and mom may have lied to police. Why should mom have custody right now? JMO

i don't disagree. a child is gone, a relative is in the clink, and mom is under investigation by family services.

on saturday, 4 adults and 2 children lived in the home.
on sunday, 4 adults and 1 child lived in the home.
on tuesday, 3 adults and 1 child lived in the home.
by wednesday, 3 adults and no children live in the home.

ugly chain.

Any other case similar, hate to type that, where a child has been removed due to same circumstances?

We do not know how carefully the LE searched her home in the beginning stages, y'all. I do not believe it was carefully at all, because they were not searching for a deceased little girl. They were looking for a living, breathing little girl who went outside to play...or went outside out of frustration or went outside for SOME reason, she went outside on her own free will (is what the initial investigation was all about).

I think we should also remember that CD TOLD LE that Willow walked out of the residence and they couldn't find her. SHE told him Willow walked out....

At first I wasn't all that irritated that mom lied, but now I am FUMING the more I watch this interview.
Effingham County Sheriff John Monnet talks about missing 7-year old Watson Girl - YouTube

SJM (Sheriff) said they looked at the residence and that...went to friends, etc...said it very casually.

They were looking for a living child...not for blood pools.

Respectfully, TF - we don't know how careful LE/CSI/State Police were in the initial crime scene/search but they knew what they were/are doing when they arrived! Do you really think this small community's LE didn't already know about the "family"?

I get you're fuming but have faith! IL State Police is on the case (LOL) - but this dude will never see outside bars

As I said, because a bathroom is easier to clean up. I really don't want to go into the details of the conversation I had with some male acquaintances about this yesterday, but the parents being out would be irrelevant.

As to the rest of it, yes, lies are easier if you blend them with the truth. By creating such a vivid story he's trying to make it easier for himself to remember it when he's questioned. Hopefully it's also making it easier to expose the holes.

IMHO might have started at their house but ended at the abandon house

I remember when we thought ISP was not going to get Drew Peterson, and he is a lifer.

This one will work out. Luckily this freak is over 18 (thinking of Jessica Ridgeway case).

Just watched the video of when the search first started. I stand by my previous quote. LE would have no reason at that point to mislead searchers as to the facts of how Willow supposedly went missing. They believed the story according to the Mom. I don't know why the Mom confused this search. All MOO.

LE still needed searchers, whether they believed mom's story or not. They had no idea where Willow was. She was ultimately found by searchers.

Respectfully, TF - we don't know how careful LE/CSI/State Police were in the initial crime scene/search but they knew what they were/are doing when they arrived! Do you really think this small community's LE didn't already know about the "family"?

I get you're fuming but have faith! IL State Police is on the case (LOL) - but this dude will never see outside bars

I believe they knew about the family, yes...but why not put crime tape up if they didn't believe her or even if they had any inkling that she might not be...fully honest? Where was the crime tape in the very beginning when they didn't know where she was? I thought it was a fair question. :(

I think at least LE would have searched the house in the beginning to make sure Willow wasn't hiding or hidden somewhere. Any blood could have been cleared up of course but crime scene techs will have sure searched the house thoroughly once the body was found and the arrest was made MOO

of course they did - found nothing & then eventually found another "crime scene" - it did not happen in the house IMHO or their yard IMHO otherwise the dogs would have been cray cray.

That's why LE is out & about today combing the area, building their case, doing their job . . .

Guys, volunteers/EMS combed the area "knowing" she was not in the house. Some were injured; some had to be hospitalized - EVERYONE knew she was not in the house & apparently, no blood to be detected in the house

of course they did - found nothing & then eventually found another "crime scene" - it did not happen in the house IMHO or their yard IMHO otherwise the dogs would have been cray cray.

That's why LE is out & about today combing the area, building their case, doing their job . . .

Guys, volunteers/EMS combed the area "knowing" shoe was not in the house. Some were injured; some had to be hospitalized - EVERYONE knew she was not in the house & apparently, no blood to be detected in the house

That answers my previous question so you don't have to answer it. :) I just want to see everyone involved in this brought to justice and I want it to happen NOW, not later (wishful thinking).

Thank you for your insight.

Any info on whether the dogs, looking for a live child, trailed Willow to the brush pile? That's important, IMO.

None = dogs didn't follow her scent out of the house i recall & can be confirmed by MSM articles - never made it to crime scene #3

I believe they knew about the family, yes...but why not put crime tape up if they didn't believe her or even if they had any inkling that she might not be...fully honest? Where was the crime tape in the very beginning when they didn't know where she was? I thought it was a fair question. :(

fully honest - 'cause their house was not the primary crime scene - yeah, Willow was there but wasn't anymore. Why "kick" them all outta their house for nothing?! I think LE has been exceptionally kind to this family & community!

Guys, things will fall into place. LE & EMS is so on it . . .

This might sound silly, but this is a small community and by my own opinion, Effingham is small, too. I wonder if they are trying to find out if anyone has recently purchased duct tape (bag wrapping) in any of those stores around there, or garbage bags...what type of garbage bags does Starbucks use, etc. =(

Hi all. I'm new to this group. I stumbled across you guys when searching for more info on Willow Long when she went missing and of course I can't tear myself away. I just received my permission to post (been waiting for over 24 hours) and I'd like to shed some light on some questions that were posed in the #2 and #3 discusions. Not sure how to quote those from here or if I even can?
A few people had asked why the search K9s didn't hit on the possible crime scenes? Mainly because at the time thats not what they were being asked to look for. Search K9s fall into 2 main categories: Live Find & Cadaver
Some K9s are certified in both disciplines however they are instructed as to what they should be looking for when they begin their search. A well trained cross functional K9 should not alert on cadaver when they are searching for live. It's my understanding that the Search K9s were used at the beginning of the search for a missing child, thought to be living, so that explains why they may not have alerted on cadaver.
It's not unheard of, though for a dog to alert on cadaver even when searching for live, IF they've been exposed to cadaver. But this is the reason FEMA doesn't want cross trained dogs on disasters when time is of the essence and they are looking for survivors.

:wagon: K9sRus! :welcome:

Love your name! :wolf: :beagle: :wolf2:

:seeya:

LE still needed searchers, whether they believed mom's story or not. They had no idea where Willow was. She was ultimately found by searchers.

I would have been much more helpful to LE if mom did not lie. Im sure there is a huge difference in her beign gone a couple hours compared to all night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Susanna410