Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are all doing such a good job trying to find a match for the car.

Reminder that links are required with posts that are referring to articles or videos and please do not discuss comments under articles or videos or from social media.

Thanks!

So sorry! I believe this applies to me and my last post in which I spoke of my frustration of seeing the video of the young man on the bicycle. (I can't seem to be able to quote my own post for this; I keep losing my whole reply. Anyway, the post number is # 328.)

This is the video I was referring to, for which I should have provided the link

https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/yingying-zhang

Thanks for the reminder, and especially for doing such a good job of keeping the thread on track!

So sorry! I believe this applies to me and my last post in which I spoke of my frustration of seeing the video of the young man on the bicycle. (I can't seem to be able to quote my own post for this; I keep losing my whole reply. Anyway, the post number is # 328.)

This is the video I was referring to, for which I should have provided the link

https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/yingying-zhang

Thanks for the reminder, and especially for doing such a good job of keeping the thread on track!

It was not directed at anyone in particular. Just a general reminder. :)

Thank you for providing a link for your post and for helping to try to find Yingying.

I really think this must have been some kind of LE impersonation incident, or something where the kidnapper impersonated being an Uber driver. What's to stop a would-be kidnapper from driving up to random women standing on the side of the road and asking them if they called for Uber? I know they have the "U" on the window but I'm guessing those can be stolen easily, or if the perp approaches enough young women, the law of numbers says eventually one of them will get in the car anyway.

Come home safe Yingying, there are a lot of people still praying for you.

Yeah, after reading through this forum, I'm guessing he pulled up and pretended to ask for directions or asked her if he could give her a lift or something. If she knew the bus wouldnt be for another 20 minutes and was late and worried about losing the apartment if she was any later she might have just agreed to go with him if he was a friendly person, good manipulator.
Adding to the uber theory, he could have just said Im a uber/taxi driver do you need a lift somewhere I saw you standing here.
I also have a feeling it could be connected to the one the other girls have been saying about the fake cop. If he called her over to pretend to ask something and told her he was a cop and then casually been like why are you waiting here do you need a lift and said he was going that way.

Here is a black 4 door Astra with similar wheels for sale just listed yesterday in Marion, which is south near Carbondale.

https://carbondale.craigslist.org/ctd/6185115370.html

And I am pretty confident that the car in the video is an automatic due to the manner and pace in which it pulled away. A stick shift would've been more sluggish as it built momentum and changed gears.

Is she standing near a bus stop sign or do we think she was standing there waiting on someone else (i.e. ride service or whatever)? I saw someone said something about the red car being near the bus stop. Does this mean she was not standing directly at the bus stop? Do we know how long she was standing there on that corner? I know the last text she sent was at 1330, and she entered the car around 1400 (please correct me if I'm wrong). Also, do we have any speculation as to how the driver could have incapacitated her so quickly while driving away (assuming that she is not seen in the passenger seat at the end of the video)? I've replayed the video several times and it does not look like another arm or hand was raised to her head at any point. I can't tell whether immediately after she gets her head falls down (it looks as if she is looking down to fasten her seatbelt), or if after the glare clears from the windshield we see her head again.

[video=twitter;877832755567931392]https://twitter.com/JennSullivanTV/status/877832755567931392[/video]

Here's another one also from CL Carbondale. It's listed in Murphysboro:

https://carbondale.craigslist.org/ctd/6179253572.html

Can people here pass these onto the authorities?
Nice find! I still think the hub caps are different than the car we see n the video.

I think the ones in connection to Yingying look like this.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_8662.JPG
    IMG_8662.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 306
Nice find! I still think the hub caps are different than the car we see n the video.

I think the ones in connection to Yingying look like this.

attachment.php

I agree with this 100%. It's a very particular type of hubcap on this car.

Is she standing near a bus stop sign or do we think she was standing there waiting on someone else (i.e. ride service or whatever)? I saw someone said something about the red car being near the bus stop. Does this mean she was not standing directly at the bus stop? Do we know how long she was standing there on that corner? I know the last text she sent was at 1330, and she entered the car around 1400 (please correct me if I'm wrong). Also, do we have any speculation as to how the driver could have incapacitated her so quickly while driving away (assuming that she is not seen in the passenger seat at the end of the video)? I've replayed the video several times and it does not look like another arm or hand was raised to her head at any point. I can't tell whether immediately after she gets her head falls down (it looks as if she is looking down to fasten her seatbelt), or if after the glare clears from the windshield we see her head again.

Hi there. As you can see in the attached image, she is standing literally at the bus stop. There is a smaller sign which you can see near the fire hydrant and this is an MTD bus stop sign. I drove by this area on my lunch break the other day and saw that it listed the 22 Illini bus stop, which would've taken her directly to One North.
attachment.php

Attachments

• hq720.jpg
    hq720.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 290
Here is a map of the location Yingying was standing at, indicating the bus stop.
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_8667.jpg
    IMG_8667.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 289
University of Illinois police spent Wednesday watching what spokesman Patrick Wade described as "hours and hours" of surveillance video footage with the help of the FBI, searching for clues into the disappearance of the visiting Chinese scholar and the black Saturn Astra that 26-year-old Yingying Zhang was last seen getting into on June 9.

http://www.news-gazette.com/news/local/2017-06-22/latest-search-yingying-zhang.html

I learned of Yingying's case yesterday and finished reading the thread. One scenario that crossed my mind is perhaps the driver used the ruse that he suspected Yingying might be followed and offered to deliver her safely. Maybe he asked her to hide down on the floorboard.
The video released seems to be edited. Is it compiled from different cameras? I do agree that she seems to not be seen sitting up as he drives off.
I also wonder if he was local - would he risk being seen if he knew there were cameras present.
This is a nightmare.

I learned of Yingying's case yesterday and finished reading the thread. One scenario that crossed my mind is perhaps the driver used the ruse that he suspected Yingying might be followed and offered to deliver her safely. Maybe he asked her to hide down on the floorboard.
The video released seems to be edited. Is it compiled from different cameras? I do agree that she seems to not be seen sitting up as he drives off.
I also wonder if he was local - would he risk being seen if he knew there were cameras present.
This is a nightmare.

Yes, the video is edited for length and also shows different camera views. She actually talks to him through the car window for around 2 minutes, which leads me to believe he was trying to convince her to get into the car somehow.

Yes, the video is edited for length and also shows different camera views. She actually talks to him through the car window for around 2 minutes, which leads me to believe he was trying to convince her to get into the car somehow.

Totally agree. There has been speculation that he knew her or spoke her native tongue because of how quickly he approached the car, but I think if he called out to her something along the lines of "Excuse me, Miss!" And then dove right into a convincing spiel, I can see her (or any young woman) approaching the car to hear him a little better, especially if he's presenting himself as an authority figure. Which is what I think he was doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally agree. There has been speculation that he knew her or spoke her native tongue because of how quickly he approached the car, but I think if he called out to her something along the lines of "Excuse me, Miss!" And then dove right into a convincing spiel, I can see her (or any young woman) approaching the car to hear him a little better, especially if he's presenting himself as an authority figure. Which is what I think he was doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. I personally disagree with the theories of him being either an Uber driver or being an acquaintance of hers/it being planned. He either convinced her that he could get her there quickly or presented himself as an authority figure. The fact that they've said he circled the area once before stopping only gives more credence to that theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luisgill