Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes that was the first report. My post was in regards to the second one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh my EASTCOASTERINCO You are absolutely correct.There was a second "impersonation" and an arrest. Hmmm, "catch and release scenario"? And then watch to see what he does, where he goes, etc. The problem I have with that is it was so soon after Y's abduction.
Interesting DC arrest does fit the "double back" scenario, young (would look like a fellow student), clean cut, etc.....Bet he has a great smile and can could be charming, if he wanted to. (Is it fear or resignation on the face)

Oh my EASTCOASTERINCO You are absolutely correct.There was a second "impersonation" and an arrest. Hmmm, "catch and release scenario"? And then watch to see what he does, where he goes, etc. The problem I have with that is it was so soon after Y's abduction.
Interesting DC arrest does fit the "double back" scenario, young (would look like a fellow student), clean cut, etc.....Bet he has a great smile and can could be charming, if he wanted to. (Is it fear or resignation on the face)
Not related. This was a situation of a guy being drunk downtown trying to get into a bar, arguing with the bouncer, and using the "...but I'm a cop" line.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thinking about you, Yingying.

Where are you Yingying? I pray you are alive and will be home real soon.

candle21.jpg

I have another thought. (Tons of them actually,:blushing:.) Does the university use contract work on their agricultural sites? Do they own or lease the "structures" on the agricultural land? When the regular university schedule ends, some staff or contracted workers would still have to take care of the land, right? (Just thinking outside the box and trying to figure out where the car could be hidden, other than just a residential garage.) Hmmm, how do the ag students get to the "ag farms"? Do they use their own vehicles, team up with a designated driver, or use university vehicles?
**edited to add** I noticed how isolated the surroundings were in the picture of her in the blue windbreaker-type jacket and dark grey hat (with white logo)
and thinking to myself, <modsnip> She was wearing the same grey hat with white logo when she was taken. Is that just an odd coincidence?
For those of you interested in the area Yingying would have most likely been doing field work while at the University, I took another drive today to capture the area on a weekday. In her picture out in the field, she may look isolated, but the University owned lands are not really isolated. They are on the edge of town and many people use those back roads as a quick way to travel from Savoy to Urbana. Also as you'll be able to see, many researchers/students are out in their test plots together.

https://youtu.be/aJA9keNLDEg
b8819d90f496ed7dd1a9e3d40c166c7f.jpg
80e32c5783a4edb647cf6250549bc72c.jpg

For those of you interested in the area Yingying would have most likely been doing field work while at the University, I took another drive today to capture the area on a weekday. In her picture out in the field, she may look isolated, but the University owned lands are not really isolated. They are on the edge of town and many people use those back roads as a quick way to travel from Savoy to Urbana. Also as you'll be able to see, many researchers/students are out in their test plots together.

b8819d90f496ed7dd1a9e3d40c166c7f.jpg
80e32c5783a4edb647cf6250549bc72c.jpg

Also, at the end of the video you'll see a brief view of Orchard Downs where she was living.

LOREMLPSUM Great video...actually amazing video! You get my award for most conscientious driver:tyou:...you even put your signal indicator on at an intersection with no cars! 75% of the roads you covered, didn't even have a line painted down the middle....and it seemed awfully remote to me. (So-cal we have 6 lanes in each direction, and tons of traffic) When you stopped at a 4-way, and let a tractor go first..."now that's farm country".... Would you say those "thick wooded areas" could provide cover for someone trying to conceal a car/or crime? attaching link to LOREMLPSUM's video...really gives you a feel of how quickly the area changes to remote farm fields.
PS, the last car in the picture #911 sure looks like the car everyone has been looking for...just an odd coincidence...I can't tell a Saturn from a Toyota, so don't count on my opinion on cars. But it is a black hatch back in the field.

FBI billboards taken down for now

http://www.illinoishomepage.net/news/local-news/fbi-billboards-taken-down-for-now/751491992

The FBI says they have pre-existing agreements with billboard companies for cases like this. But the contract ran out on Friday. The FBI says they're in the process of renewing the contracts with the billboard companies and they're looking to get them back up soon.
This seems really odd. I think they've found the suspect and car. Billboards are expensive and they've used alot of resources on this case. I know as soon as they have their man in sight, the car pointed out. They'll take down the billboards. Just seems like a stupid thing to happen. Oops the contract ran out. ..Oh well. Cannot believe the company the contract is under were not hounding the sh** out of them for a renewal, that's just good business. I think it was more like it's fine take it down we are investigating our man. Or it did end and they just stayed silent. I think we will hear something soon. I pray! Anybody know where the impound lot is, maybe it's there in view? Satisfy the curious.. Jk Lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

LOREMLPSUM Great video...actually amazing video! You get my award for most conscientious driver:tyou:...you even put your signal indicator on at an intersection with no cars! 75% of the roads you covered, didn't even have a line painted down the middle....and it seemed awfully remote to me. (So-cal we have 6 lanes in each direction, and tons of traffic) When you stopped at a 4-way, and let a tractor go first..."now that's farm country".... Would you say those "thick wooded areas" could provide cover for someone trying to conceal a car/or crime? attaching link to LOREMLPSUM's video...really gives you a feel of how quickly the area changes to remote farm fields.
PS, the last car in the picture #911 sure looks like the car everyone has been looking for...just an odd coincidence...I can't tell a Saturn from a Toyota, so don't count on my opinion on cars. But it is a black hatch back in the field.
There were other cars... So not remote. [emoji23]

There really is a lot of activity in that area though for "country".

Not sure which thickly wooded area you are referring to, but my answer would still be no. Here's a breakdown:

Aqua Blue - just a thick hedge/windblock

Green - Yankee Ridge subdivision, not really as thickly wooded as it may appear

Orange - Meadowbrook Park, even the wooded areas have walking paths through them and to really reach them you'd be driving on walking paths through a very popular park

Red - University owned research plot. There is tall brush along the road making it appear thickly wooded. But everything is really planted in straight rows like corn. And there are paths running through it for researchers/students. You can see them in the last photo.

Yellow - Not in the video, but is another University owned property. It's the pollinarium (bee research) and the undergrowth has been cleared for bee hives. So once again, driving by you can see into the woods.

Blue - Orchard Downs Family and Graduate Living Apartments owned by the University
abfef63d7a17aa05731590afe4266aba.jpg
b06e4d50f36a1aa5b872febb799261e4.jpg
5d17019b525757cc192edf6f834447ab.jpg
24e4d6125401efcf8ad19230a3c3958c.jpg

If the kidnapper used stolen plates on the Astra, it doesn't really affect the case. LE is not tracking the vehicle by its license plate. Stolen plates or not, they are hunting down the owners of all black saturn Astras in the region and eventually the country if they need to.

I don't think the vehicle was stolen, either. If the vehicle had been stolen, whoever owns the vehicle would have reported it stolen. And then LE would have a stolen black Saturn astra case, to tie in with this one. That doesn't seem to be the case.

The most plausible scenario is that the kidnapper owned the vehicle or had permission to use it. If he destroyed it, or it went missing, that would raise major red flags, and LE will be all over that person.

Just saw your PS

Top left : Suspects car from surveillance video

Top right: random googled picture of an Astra

Bottom left and right: car you saw in today's video

Not to mention, I'm sure any black hatchback within a 30 mile radius, whether an Astra or not, has been reported.
21296f0d62897e5ed97a6257407dcc0a.jpg

Oh gosh, I hope they're close. I just saw this on the News-Gazette and came here to share the info myself. Made my heart skip a beat.

Yay! DNA DNA DNA! Prints prints prints!

The FBI has announced it's located the black Saturn Astra involved in the abduction of a UI scholar.

Yingying Zhang was last seen getting into a car with that description about 2:04 pm, Friday, June 9, near West Clark and North Goodwin.

Authorities say they no longer need any information regarding the vehicle from the public and state the investigation is active and ongoing.

Full story: http://www.illinoishomepage.net/new...vehicle-found-investigation-ongoing/752143366

I am still trying to catch up, and I apologize if this has already been brought up:

From early on, I've felt the perp's vehicle had a stolen plate(s) at the time of Yingying's abduction, and I also think that the Astra does not belong to the perp, but rather it was also stolen. LE has had 2.5 weeks to look into the current owners of Astras, recent/current sale listings and past sales. It just seems to me if the Astra actually belonged to the perp himself, family member or a friend, they would have identified the person and interviewed (or at least try to) him by this point. And that may be what they are doing as we speak, and they just haven't released any info.

I also think if the perp dumped the vehicle at a random location, it would have been found by now, with LE releasing that information to the public. The legitimate owner would have been notified and interviewed. They may also be doing this right now, while keeping that information close to the vest.

So if the Astra was stolen, as well as the plate(s), where could the perp have hidden the vehicle?

One possibility I thought of is an old barn or a large tool shed that's currently not in use. If the perp is local, he would have relatively easy access to such structures, as the UIUC campus is located in a rural area. Say if the perp inherited or purchased a farm with a barn or a rural property with a detached garage or a pole-barn-type structure on it, he could hide the car in there at least for a while. These types of properties would allow the perp to engage in criminal behavior (keeping someone hostage or worse ... :() without neighbors thinking anything of it.

My late grandma, who lived in a 100-year-old farmhouse on a 280-acre property in southwest Indiana had an old barn, old shed and a rental property on it. The barn sat empty after my grandad passed away in '76. The rental property sat empty after a pair of sisters moved out to move into a nursing home in the late 80's; my grandma couldn't keep up with the maintenance it required, and it didn't make economic sense to hire someone to fix it up. In the shed, she kept all kinds of stuff she just couldn't let go of for sentimental reasons, including a Ford from sometime in the 50's that my uncle worked on when he was in high school in the 60's. Since there was nothing she really needed in there, she would go inside the shed maybe every couple of years, just to check on it for leaks in the roof, etc. Her closest neighbor lived at least two miles away.

A property like that would be perfect for hiding something for a long, long time, until the perp slips up, or re-offends and gets caught.
I agree that it's possible it could be stolen or someone stole a plate But, it still had to be registered in someone's name. The FBI is using what, 87 field offices? They've found the owners and questioned them in regards to where their car was during the June time frame AND if tht loaned it out. Most owners will quickly give that info bc they didn't have anything to do with the kidnapping. And, anybody in the hot seat would probably say I was at work we have footage too, or I was at school etc. OR "hey look, I let my buddy borrow that car I wasn't with the car his name is_____!" The POI/Suspect may avoid LE, or, the owner, if involved, would possibly avoid LE or get all twisted up when questioned. Also, a recent sale: would probably say "I sold that car in May. Here is the paperwork he signed his name right here". Or "he emailed me, called me" etc. Heres the phone number, email address. If he used a fake name to buy it OR never registered it in his own name LE can get him through those electronic footprints . If an owner is a family member trying to protect a boyfriend, son, father, cousin etc. ( who may have borrowed the car) a simple check with neighbors/friends would, most likely, challenge their statements to LE about it never being loaned out/borrowed. Pretty sure this owner wouldn't even know that LE has that family member in their sights. Most owners will cooperate and bend over backwards to help. Also, LE ran the owners names and researched past crimes they may have committed, it could've been that easy to find the suspect, if not, they branched out looking at other owners, MOO.
LE would have narrowed this down or are narrowing it down right now.
They're investigating the person already, it's just a matter of time before we hear about him. The FBI stated they would NOT tip off the suspect by releasing info., so they'll have rock solid evidence and chain of custody. Pretty sure they have the suspect in sight. MOO.
I post this and see they located the Astra right after I post lol

Oh gosh, I hope they're close. I just saw this on the News-Gazette and came here to share the info myself. Made my heart skip a beat.

YES! This is great news. One big step closer to finding Ying. Thank God for some good news!

CHAMPAIGN — The FBI has located the vehicle visiting scholar Yingying Zhang was last seen entering.

<modsnip>

FBI spokesman Brad Ware refused to say where or when the car was found.

"I can't give any details. It all has to do with the investigation," he said.

"We are still looking for her," he said, adding the FBI is making progress on the investigation.

<modsnip>

http://www.news-gazette.com/news/local/2017-06-27/car-used-pick-ui-scholar-located.html

They aren't going to tell us how. They won't tell us where. They will give me no information about evidence found in the car. Only that they have a car and Yingying is still missing.

Yet I am so happy!

Great news. I'm glad they found the vehicle.

Oh gosh, I was hoping she would be at their house. I know that's a stretch. Hoping for a press release at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member