Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really follow this theory. I could see the police waiting for evidence before arresting a suspect in a murder case. But a missing person case where the girl is still missing?

I agree. LE would want to locate her as soon as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1) If this guy was trolling the area for some time, he sure has a lot of free time on his hands in the middle of the day.

2) He may drive more than one car, or buy and sell cars constantly to swap them out.

3) The intersection of Goodwin & Springfield has traffic cams on Goodwin itself, so I hope they viewed those and others to see if they can read the license plate number (front or back) along any route he may have taken. I have a feeling though, that the license plates aren't going to connect to that car.

4) (probably not relevant, but just in case: Events that occurred June 9-12
• The People's Summit, June 9-11, Chicago, IL
• Spring Awakening Music Festival, June 9-11 - Addams Medil Park
• Chicago Blues Festival, June 9-11, Millennium Park
• Redhead Days, June 10-11, Everts Park
• U.S. Log Rolling Open National Tournament, June 10, Orland Park/ZLake Sedgewick
• Noval Soul Quartet jazz and pop group, June 11, corner of Des Plaines and Lockport
• Ben Seidman - Magician, June 11, North Shore Congregation Israel at the synagogue in Glencoe
• St. Catherine of Alexandria Carnival, June 7-11, Oak Lawn
• Groovy 70s Party, June 12, Indian Boundary Park, Frankfort

I agree. LE would want to locate her as soon as possible.

My personal theory is that they do know more about the suspect than they are letting out, but they have reason to keep it quiet for now. They might be worried that putting his face out would be more likely to cause harm to her or the likelihood they find her or the suspect. If this is human trafficking, they could be worried that the suspect would inflict harm or start covering up their trail before they can find her, especially if this is part of something bigger than just one guy kidnapping her. Just my thoughts, of course.

The shirt and backpack Yingying was wearing.

http://www.arlingtoncardinal.com/20...may-have-been-kidnapped-at-clark-and-goodwin/

Yingying-ZhangInsideTeal-bus-595x458.jpg
YingyingZhangbackpackFilePhoto.jpg

My personal theory is that they do know more about the suspect than they are letting out, but they have reason to keep it quiet for now. They might be worried that putting his face out would be more likely to cause harm to her or the likelihood they find her or the suspect. If this is human trafficking, they could be worried that the suspect would inflict harm or start covering up their trail before they can find her, especially if this is part of something bigger than just one guy kidnapping her. Just my thoughts, of course.
If HT, would he even still have her?

She was running late and may have been worried that the landlord wouldn't wait much longer and would rent the apartment to someone else.

If you couple that with the fact that her lovely Dad is a taxi driver - I think she would have been very willing to accept a ride from somebody who told her he was a taxi driver.

I feel so sorry for her parents. They don't seem like a wealthy family, but here Yingying was, going across the world to pursue her academic studies. They must have been so proud of her.

1) If this guy was trolling the area for some time, he sure has a lot of free time on his hands in the middle of the day.
t

Snipped by me. I lived in a college town for many years, and there are lots of people who work weird schedules. If the suspect is young, maybe he's off for the summer and was staying down there with very little to do. Or, he might work a job where he has daytime hours free or he works weekends (hospital employee, researcher, graduate student). I'm always shocked when I go to the grocery store or elsewhere mid day (even where I live now) and realize how many people don't work a traditional office daytime job. So him being out during the day does not alone stand out to me, and probably not to people in that town, either.

It doesn't really seem like he was out just running errands or something else innocent if he was circling the area. IMO, he was either trolling the area waiting for an opportunity to arise or he knew she would end up there. This second option seems less likely but much more nefarious and maybe indicative of more people being involved (ie, someone mentioned earlier in this forum making sure the landlord was cleared, etc.). All speculation and IMO, of course.

Likely not, but IMO this might mean the FBI would still be cautious with plastering his face and tipping people off that they are on to them (if there's a bigger network or threat).

If they think it is just the one guy and they have a good sense of who he is or what he looks like, I really do not understand why they aren't advertising it everywhere. They either haven't been able to trace anything about him or they hopefully have a good reason for keeping it quiet.

Checking in for Yingying.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Likely not, but IMO this might mean the FBI would still be cautious with plastering his face and tipping people off that they are on to them (if there's a bigger network or threat).

If they think it is just the one guy and they have a good sense of who he is or what he looks like, I really do not understand why they aren't advertising it everywhere. They either haven't been able to trace anything about him or they hopefully have a good reason for keeping it quiet.

They would definitely not want him to know that they know who he is. I handle subpoenas all the time and when they are investigating someone, they are very adamant that they don't want that person to have any knowledge of the investigation. But if they knew who he was and were able to locate him, they would very quickly.

bd4650cbca004821e6bdb4670d53444a.png

Did we confirm that the apartment lease that she was on her way to sign was legitimate?

Did we confirm that the apartment lease that she was on her way to sign was legitimate?
That is a very good question.

Patrick Wade, spokesman of the UIUC Police Department, said officers were working around the clock for Zhang's return.

"We have officers coming in on their days off and staying late after their shifts to review the video, in order to identify and speak with potential witnesses and analyze electronic information," he said.

"There are dozens of police officers working on this case."

The university police department's website said that detectives have been using vehicle records to identify a number of registered owners of the type of vehicle in the video.

"Investigators continue to utilize image enhancing technology available through the FBI," the website said. "Information about the search is being shared widely, reaching more than 1 million people on social media, on billboards throughout the state, and through media both locally and throughout the country."

http://www.ecns.cn/2017/06-19/262002.shtml

Anyone with information on Zhang's whereabouts or the black Saturn Astra should call 911 or U of I police at 217-333-1216 or email police@illinois.edu.

Tips can also be submitted anonymously at 373tips.com, 217-373-TIPS or through the P3 Tips app, police said.

https://patch.com/illinois/chicagoheights/missing-u-i-student-kidnapped-10-000-reward-offered-fbi

Champaign County Crime Stoppers
(217) 373 - TIPS
Online: 373tips.com
Free smartphone mobile app: P3 Tips
Officer Tara Hurless
(217) 333 - 1216
I17 - 00767

http://www.illinoishomepage.net/new...le-black-astra-sought-in-kidnapping/745223527

cotw-6.19-yingying_1497883895110_22915289_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

I think they'll find this guy. Soon.

I can't see any passenger in those photos of the car.

Perhaps he ordered Yingying at gunpoint to lie on the floor?

bd4650cbca004821e6bdb4670d53444a.png

Also Monday, May 8, 2017:

At 11:37 a.m. Saturday, a U. of I. student reported that he had been the victim of deceptive practices. A person purporting to be a landlord directed the student to send two months’ rent totaling $1,100 to lease an apartment in California. The landlord then asked for a third month of rent and was not responsive when the student questioned the request. When contacted by police, the true property owner indicated the house is not for rent.

http://illinois.edu/lb/iList/2646/3/skinId=16418

Do we have any info on the apartment leasor? Was she sub-leasing it from a student for the summer months? The tone of the email the leasor sent when she did not show has always bugged me. It's very casual IMO " Hey YingYing, still coming by?" I can understand if it was a fellow student but I would think a professional landlord would be more formal and professional if they would even contact her at all as they must get tons of no shows all the time. The landlord knew she was running late and possibly her approximate location and may have even advised her what bus route to take. The car circled the block as if the driver was looking for someone according to CCTV. Had YingYing just arrived at the bus stop when the car reappeared?

2) He may drive more than one car, or buy and sell cars constantly to swap them out.

3) The intersection of Goodwin & Springfield has traffic cams on Goodwin itself, so I hope they viewed those and others to see if they can read the license plate number (front or back) along any route he may have taken. I have a feeling though, that the license plates aren't going to connect to that car.

4) (probably not relevant, but just in case: Events that occurred June 9-12
• The People's Summit, June 9-11, Chicago, IL
• Spring Awakening Music Festival, June 9-11 - Addams Medil Park
• Chicago Blues Festival, June 9-11, Millennium Park
• Redhead Days, June 10-11, Everts Park
• U.S. Log Rolling Open National Tournament, June 10, Orland Park/ZLake Sedgewick
• Noval Soul Quartet jazz and pop group, June 11, corner of Des Plaines and Lockport
• Ben Seidman - Magician, June 11, North Shore Congregation Israel at the synagogue in Glencoe
• St. Catherine of Alexandria Carnival, June 7-11, Oak Lawn
• Groovy 70s Party, June 12, Indian Boundary Park, Frankfort

Wow! #4. That just muddies the water even more. That makes me wonder if Chicago didn't have some professional conferences as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8xbet81bet