Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #10 *Still Missing*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
er cough cough maybe a work camp???

Someplace reeeeaaallly cold or reeeaaallly hot?

Rocks to break into gravel with a sledgehammer & all that gym muscle & the anger he used on dear Ms. Zhang?

JMHO YMMV

Yes, ITA. Definitely Hell for him, after death first and a long time to contemplate the execution, judging by my last post.

ORDER entered by Judge James E. Shadid on 6/28/2019. For the reasons set forth above, The Court RESERVES ruling on the United States' Motion (Doc. 246) in Limine to Preclude "Nullification" Evidence, Argument; The Court GRANTS the United States' Motion (Doc. 247) in Limine to Exclude Evidence or Argument on "Proportionality"; The Court RESERVES ruling on the United States' Motion (Doc. 249) in Limine to Preclude a "Mercy" Instruction; The Court DENIES Defendant's Motion (Doc. 409) to Preclude the Government from Replaying Vigil Walk Recording at Penalty Phase; The Court DENIES Defendant's Second Motion (Doc. 419) to Strike Non-Statutory Aggravating Factor of Victim Vulnerability; and The Court DENIES Defendant's Motion (Doc. 420) to Strike the Future Dangerousness Non-Statutory Aggravating Factor. See full written Order. (VH, ilcd) (Entered: 06/28/2019) 433.

432 Order on Motion to Exclude – #432 in United States v. Christensen (C.D. Ill., 2:17-cr-20037) – CourtListener.com

Description
ORDER entered by Judge James E. Shadid on 6/28/2019. For the reasons set forth above, the United States' Motions for Clarification and to Preclude Improper Remorse Evidence (Docs. 336, 397) are GRANTED consistent with this Order. The United States' Motions to Exclude Evidence Pursuant to Fed. R. Crim. P. 12.2(d) and to Exclude Improper Opinion Testimony Regarding Defendant's Mental Health as a Teenager (Docs. 373, 403) are GRANTED in part and DENIED in part. The Court RESERVES ruling on the admissibility of the testimony of Dr. Pearson. See full written Order. (VH, ilcd) (Entered: 06/28/2019)

431 ORDER entered by Judge James E. Shadid on 6/28/2019. For the reasons set forth above, United States' Motion (Doc. 333) to Limit the Testimony of Dr. Jonathan Sorensen is GRANTED in part and DENIED in part, and Defendant's Motion (Doc. 425) to Preclude Improper Cross Examination or Rebuttal of Testimony of Dr. Sorensen is GRANTED to the extent consistent with this Order. See full written Order. (VH, ilcd) (Entered: 06/28/2019)

430-SUPPLEMENT to 354 Proposed Penalty Phase Instructions and Verdict Forms by Brendt A Christensen. (Attachments: # 1 Pleading Continued)(JRK, ilcd) (Entered: 06/28/2019

It's all being argued to death, and they will bring the same nonsense up again next week at the actual trial, as if all of the above were entirely new subjects..
LWOP is far too lenient when every day YingYing's parents and fiance and friends will be tortured even more in the knowledge that the answer to what they most need is languishing in prison, having managed to 'keep' his sick secret to himself.
His life will continue to hurt them.
And they should stick that point in under the #FutureDangerousness as well.
And bring forward his execution, refuse all appeals.
The system has been thoroughly milked to the extent that it now resembles a trembling gossamer spider-web in constant danger from unscrupulous operators.
(For my part, I'm gonna be sticking that video of YingYing's mother's anguish all over social media.)
There are no accidents.

Last edited:
Some of these headlines have made people in other threads who are not following this case closely believe that BC has recently offered to reveal the location of her remains in exchange for not getting the DP.
confusion on twitter as well, misreading the documents..
His 'refusal to answer questions' is also mentioned.

I just got this
CChristensen deal talks
It was THE DEFENSE that suggested body was irrecoverable!
With over 400 documents, its not surprising there is confusion!
Could somebody find time to read this with fresh eyes please?
My understanding is that defense could not guarantee remains could be located.
as if he threw her into the sea

Filing no. 287
Date march'19

Last edited:
I just got this
CChristensen deal talks

Filing no. 287
Date march'19

right, I think dm92 spelled this out a day or two ago, that the wording the Defense wanted implied that YY's remains were likely not recoverable in a form that the Prosecution & family would find acceptable, and therefore the plea agreement failed.
Watching this all unfold makes me so happy I never considered law school! :mad:

this is important
Michael Tarm on Twitter (unable to c/p entire tweet)
This moving passage from prosecutors' filing showing family was willing to take the death penalty off the table IF #Christensen directed authorities to #YingyingZhang's remains. As our story says, they learned later it was unlikely there were remains left to be found:

You need to klik on link to actual tweet to see specific passage to which he refers.
It's good for the prosecution and their communication with Zhang family

BC not being able to give her whereabouts sure makes me think she might not be in the old plant. His lazy stupid *advertiser censored* probably just put her in a dumpster. Which means she's under 2 years of trash. Siigh

This is more than likely where BC is going. Won't be a whole lotta molly coddling there.

Menard Correctional Center - Wikipedia

I just got this
CChristensen deal talks

Filing no. 287
Date march'19

I read it the same way.

Page 2 of document you linked:

In December 2017, after becoming aware of the strength of the government's case, and while the Capital Case Committee was considering whether to recommend that the Attorney General seek a sentence of death, the defendant's attorneys took part in plea discussions wherein they sought to guarantee the defendant the minimum sentence. Defense counsel, however, refused to accept the condition that the plea agreement be made contingent on recovery of the victim's remains.

A draft of a conditional plea agreement was sent by US authorities to defense
[see attached]

Defense responded with modifications:
[see attached]

Prosecution requested clarification:
[see attached]

Jan. 15, 2018, defense sent letter to Attorney General: defendant would agree to enter guilty plea in exchange for life without parole. AG responded by directing US Attorney's Office of Illinois to seek sentence of death.

A plea of contingency that required successful recovery of victim's identifiable remains was rejected by defense attorneys.

Defense has implied defendant was demonstrating acceptance of responsibility by entering a plea negotiation based on willingness to plead guilty. Prosecution disagrees and believes the defendant offer is questionable relating to acceptance of responsibility and not disclosing location of remains.

If defense is allowed to bring the misleading plea agreement up during sentencing, then prosecution should be allowed to respond about the incomplete negotiations.

Prosecution requests all facts related to those negotiations be excluded during guilt/penalty phase.

Attachments

• 3843E168-54BF-4824-89C5-6ED967752F04.jpeg
    3843E168-54BF-4824-89C5-6ED967752F04.jpeg
    251.5 KB · Views: 1
  • EE213E7C-6087-4EF7-B01F-41B22B9365BA.jpeg
    EE213E7C-6087-4EF7-B01F-41B22B9365BA.jpeg
    118.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 0F08D8EB-1F7D-4FEE-B8B7-B53490B824C1.jpeg
    0F08D8EB-1F7D-4FEE-B8B7-B53490B824C1.jpeg
    203.1 KB · Views: 1
@kittythehare , I know you want us to search, but she is gone. I think the defense’s unwillingness to make a deal contingent on the recovery of her remains proves that. I, too, wish we could give Mrs. Zhang some amount of peace by at least getting YY’s remains back to China, but it’s not any more possible than bringing YY back to life, I fear.

I read it the same way.

Page 2 of document you linked:

In December 2017, after becoming aware of the strength of the government's case, and while the Capital Case Committee was considering whether to recommend that the Attorney General seek a sentence of death, the defendant's attorneys took part in plea discussions wherein they sought to guarantee the defendant the minimum sentence. Defense counsel, however, refused to accept the condition that the plea agreement be made contingent on recovery of the victim's remains.

A draft of a conditional plea agreement was sent by US authorities to defense
[see attached]

Defense responded with modifications:
[see attached]

Prosecution requested clarification:
[see attached]

Jan. 15, 2018, defense sent letter to Attorney General: defendant would agree to enter guilty plea in exchange for life without parole. AG responded by directing US Attorney's Office of Illinois to seek sentence of death.

A plea of contingency that required successful recovery of victim's identifiable remains was rejected by defense attorneys.

Defense has implied defendant was demonstrating acceptance of responsibility by entering a plea negotiation based on willingness to plead guilty. Prosecution disagrees and believes the defendant offer is questionable relating to acceptance of responsibility and not disclosing location of remains.

If defense is allowed to bring the misleading plea agreement up during sentencing, then prosecution should be allowed to respond about the incomplete negotiations.

Prosecution requests all facts related to those negotiations be excluded during guilt/penalty phase.

*advertiser censored*! I'm not a violent person but could make an exception for this waste of breathable air.

RIP, Ms. Zhang!

From reading the document re plea deal negotiations, I don't believe defense said her remains were unrecoverable, but rather that defendant would not cooperate in telling where she could be located.

The next day, December 14, 2017, the United States attempted to confirm defense counsel’s position via e-mail:
Thank you for sending us the suggested revisions. As we’ve discussed, it is very important to us to consult with the victim’s family prior to submitting any conditional plea agreement to the Attorney General. Out of sensitivity to the family, however, I am sure you can appreciate that we want to minimize their burden during that consultation. To that end, we want to ensure that the modified language you’ve suggested regarding locating the victim’s remains . . . is your client’s last and best offer. As we read that language, you believe that it is unlikely that her remains will be recovered with the defendant’s cooperation and assistance. We want to make sure we fully understand the revisions and the agreement so we can fairly and honestly present the agreement to the family

That same day, defense counsel verbally confirmed that the United States correctly understood the position of defense counsel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman