Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
you can still light it ...

While I was out today I bought a candle that I was going to light tonight that Yingying find her back into the loving arms of her family. I'm crushed. This isn't the outcome any of us wanted, but it sounds like LE has the monster if he admitted to it.

:heartbeat: Rest peacefully Yingying :heartbeat:

I think she did, if only a little bit. Enough for her to trust him, I think her family was right, she wouldn't have gotten into a car with a complete stranger.
She either vaguely knew of him from the University or he had an Illinois University parking permit sticker on his car and he offered her a ride and she took it.

I wouldn't read too much into that. My SO loves American Psycho and Predator, but he wouldn't do this in a million years. Millions of people have watched those movies without hurting anyone.

It sounds like it's entitlement/narcissism/misogyny, from what has been said of him so far ...
I wasn't reading too much into it, I was just adding to the predator post. However he was very into the anime scene by his likes so I wonder if Asian women were actually part of his abduction fantasy? Again, maybe not, but who knows.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

My first thought. Haven't there been quite a few disappearances in that area? Going to see what I can find. What a horrible, disgusting person. Wish he'd never been born.

edit: meant to quote posts wondering if this is his first time.

Wasn't there another girl that said she had been approached, and yet escaped, a guy pretending to be a cop in this same area ?

Should be interesting to see who she fingers in the subsequent lineup.

I wonder if he went to a lawyer and had his cell phone with him. Some apps' permissions allow the audio etc. to be turned on without the phone owner's knowledge. Not too sure how legal that would be but it would work I think? Or just chatting with his wife or friend too.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
So not legal. Attorney/client privileges are clear cut.

I'm not too sure what ploy he used to get her into the car, but I think it's safe to say that he doesn't look Chinese, and probably doesn't speak it. .

I'd guess the old "I'm a cop, I'm a security guard" ploy is what led to her demise. Just a homegrown serial killer in the making.
I was thinking, he might have told her the bus wouldn't be coming or something and offered to help her out, and told her he was a PhD doing post grad at the university, she might be inclined to trust him.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Hmm, maybe we should look into the time frame and see who went missing in the area he was in.
Would you tell us what year you were on that site?
Do y'all think this was his first?
I do. Looking up abduction techniques on your phone 2 months prior is a very rookie mistake imo.

I think she did, if only a little bit. Enough for her to trust him, I think her family was right, she wouldn't have gotten into a car with a complete stranger.

Well, judging by what I've learned in life and judging by what happened here, sometimes dealing with a complete stranger is your best option. It's the people you know that will end up killing you, not the strangers.

I do. Looking up abduction techniques on your phone 2 months prior is a very rookie mistake imo.

I tend to agree, although I'm sure LE will make sure he isn't connected to any cold cases or other kidnappings. I think he had been fantasizing about doing this for a while. Sickening.

Is it just me or is this guy a 4chan kind of guy?

Happy Birthday Brendt - hope you're having the time your life. And may you have many more in your new home.

Too cruel? I don't think so.

Hmm, maybe we should look into the time frame and see who went missing in the area he was in.
Would you tell us what year you were on that site?
Do y'all think this was his first?

This was about two years agoish, maybe 2014/2015. But I cannot imagine I was the only woman who turned him down online and he reacted that way with. I just remember him because his reaction really caught me off guard, and I also found his photos creepy and weird. His photos and his eyes reminded me of Dexter. I also was nowhere near Champaign, I was living in the Northwest Suburbs at the time. I can't speak about whether or not he was capable of murder since I didn't pursue any further communications with him. I think I probably would have actually reported him to POF or blocked him. Sorry my online dating days are long behind me so I don't remember too much.

Also I should add that I am not of Asian decent. At the time I looked like a blonde frat girl. So for anyone that thinks he has a particular type, I don't know that I would agree. I think he saw an opportunity and acted.

[video=twitter;880992800178937856]https://twitter.com/uipd/status/880992800178937856[/video]

We know he's on fetlife. Anyone adventurous to check the Champaign Illinois channel? Definitely NSFW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member