Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I am kid free, I volunteer to check out the Fetlife thread about BC.

Mods... please detail what I can share or refer to from there.

Did anything significant happen in this case 10-12 days ago?

Did anything significant happen in this case 10-12 days ago?

Sorry, this is super-lazy of me to post without at least trying to find the information, but my recollection is that that's when they narrowed down the information about who owned the car, isn't it? I remember thinking that they've known for some time. I'll go look now, as I am currently personally committing one of my pet peeves (lazy posting).

Ok

June 12th: LE narrows down the number of that model of vehicles to four in the county
June 12th: LE observe a vehicle like it in BC's parking lot
June 14th: LE observes in additional video footage that the vehicle has a large sunroof and cracked hubcap, narrowing down the vehicle to BC's
June 14th: LE obtains a search warrant
June 15th: UIPD and FBI execute search warrant on the car and did a consent-search of his apartment (consented to by another occupant)
June 15th: BC is interviewed
June 15th: Search warrant for BC's phone obtained
June 16th: LE begins continuous surveillance of BC
June 19th: Discovery made about visits to "fetlife" on phone
June 29th: Audio obtained of his "confession"

https://dps.illinois.edu/dpsapp/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/christensen-complnt.pdf

So, yes, in answer to Mrsobrian's question, 12 days ago is when they found that he'd been visiting fetlife. And I agree with the earlier post... I would bet someone wore a wire or let police record a phone call, and that's how audio was obtained... or maybe the 'other occupant' of the apartment consented to having recording devices planted in the apartment on the 16th, when the 'continuous surveillance' started.

When did LE start watching him? Was it the 12th? He must have gotten rid of her before that. Can they find surveillance footage of him in the days between the 9th and the 11th to see where he went and and for how long? Maybe they can figure out an area where her body might be.

I'm sure they are already working on this, as well as trying to pressure him or persuading him in some way to give it up. But if he would tell them where it is that would be like confessing to murder, right? Possibly his lawyer is advising him not to say anything now.

[FONT=.SF UI Display]http://www.news-gazette.com/sites/all/files/pdf/2017/06/30/christensen_complnt_17-mj-07132_1.pdf[/FONT]
From the Criminal Complaint: continuous surveillance of subject began "on or about" June 16

<modsnip>

Also can anybody capsulize just how he was found out and arrested? I have read he told somebody he kidnapped Yingying but did they report him? How did the FBI find him out.

I know it's still new but how was he outed? Gosh I hope they find her. Her poor parents.

Also from the Criminal Complaint: June 29 captured on audio recording under law enforcement surveillance explaining to someone how he had kidnapped and held victim against her will

To be fair, the affidavit is worded somewhere along the longs of, 'another resident in the apartment' permitted to the search and I'm not certain that implies a roommate, could be an on-site manager or something similiar. Could just be another innocent person involved in the case, which is why I believe we're seeing so much 'modsnip' in this thread
Actually it was typed as such in the affidavit "Concurrent to this interview, agents spoke with the other occupant of the residence". And my post was not to accuse but insinuate that this person "roommate" was not at the residence when YZ was at the residence. Implying innocence not guilt.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Ok

June 12th: LE narrows down the number of that model of vehicles to four in the county
June 12th: LE observe a vehicle like it in BC's parking lot
June 14th: LE they observe in additional video footage that the vehicle has a large sunroof and cracked hubcap, narrowing down the vehicle to BC's
June 14th: LE obtains a search warrant
June 15th: UIPD and FBI execute search warrant on the car and did a consent-search of his apartment (consented to by another occupant)
June 15th: BC is interviewed
June 15th: Search warrant for BC's phone obtained
June 16th: LE begins continuous surveillance of BC
June 19th: Discovery made about visits to "fetlife" on phone
June 29th: Audio obtained of his "confession"

https://dps.illinois.edu/dpsapp/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/christensen-complnt.pdf

So, yes, in answer to Mrsobrian's question, 12 days ago is when they found that he'd been visiting fetlife. And I agree with the earlier post... I would bet someone wore a wire or let police record a phone call, and that's how audio was obtained... or maybe the 'other occupant' of the apartment consented to having recording devices planted in the apartment on the 16th, when the 'continuous surveillance' started.

Excellent work by LE and FBI.

Wondering if the roommate wore a wire to get the confession. Someone very close to the alleged perp must have. Good work by LE.

The more I think about it, the more I think the person who lived with him, who consented to the search of the apt. and who seems to have not just cooperated, but tried to help, allowed them to plant recording devices in the apartment. LE waited patiently until he spoke of it aloud, and then they had enough to arrest him.

[FONT=.SF UI Display]http://www.news-gazette.com/sites/all/files/pdf/2017/06/30/christensen_complnt_17-mj-07132_1.pdf[/FONT]
From the Criminal Complaint: continuous surveillance of subject began "on or about" June 16

Also from the Criminal Complaint: June 29 captured on audio recording under law enforcement surveillance explaining to someone how he had kidnapped and held victim against her will

Thank you Spellbound! So he had a full week to dispose of her body (9th abduction to 16th start of surveillance), although I doubt he kept it for longer than a day or so. As I said before, I hope LE is looking at all the surveillance tapes they can grab from the area to see where he went during those days, and for how long he was away, to hopefully come up with a possible area where he could have left her. Any bodies of water close by to his house?

The more I think about it, the more I think the person who lived with him, who consented to the search of the apt. and who seems to have not just cooperated, but tried to help, allowed them to plant recording devices in the apartment. LE waited patiently until he spoke of it aloud, and then they had enough to arrest him.

Nice hypothesis! I hadn't thought of that. I don't know the laws in Illinois offhand regarding recording correspondence but if it's like New York only one party would have to be aware - and that can mean the party recording.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does Fetlife do any type of web chatting? Could BC have been speaking to someone he thought would never be able to turn him in??

Hi everyone.

Please do not discuss moderation. It's a TOS violation. If you have a question or concern, please PM a moderator directly.

If you feel a post is is against forum guidelines, please report it. Do not quote or respond to it. That compounds the problem and delays the solution. Just alert and let a moderator handle it.

Please do not bait your fellow posters. If you can't post something, then just don't mention it.

:tyou:

Does Fetlife do any type of web chatting? Could BC have been speaking to someone he thought would never be able to turn him in??

It doesn't appear to have an integrated chat system, but there is at least one group dedicated to making arrangements to chat externally.

It doesn't appear to have an integrated chat system, but there is at least one group dedicated to making arrangements to chat externally.
Maybe that's how LE heard him. I'm still having problems with him talking to anyone he lives with about it. IMO

Maybe that's how LE heard him. I'm still having problems with him talking to anyone he lives with about it. IMO

The complaint affidavit specifically says that he was captured via audio recording detailing the abduction on June 29th. He had not been on Fetlife for a few weeks at that point.

Nice hypothesis! I hadn't thought of that. I don't know the laws in Illinois offhand regarding recording correspondence but if it's like New York only one party would have to be aware - and that can mean the party recording.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is it legal to bug a person's home in Illinois? I asked this earlier because I can't imagine an average person wearing a wire (not LE) trying to get information out of a potential murderer. This would be particularly difficult if you were living with the person. I would not be able to sleep at night with a kidnapper/murderer potentially in my home... regardless of how well I knew him. Is a secretly taped confession admissible in court?

I think he was definitely talking to someone he thought would never turn him in, though not a fellow fetisher. I think he was speaking to someone who found out (either through cooperating with LE or had found evidence at the apt. or both) and confronted him and was wearing a wire.

I think he was definitely talking to someone he thought would never turn him in, though not a fellow fetisher. I think he was speaking to someone who found out (either through cooperating with LE or had found evidence at the apt. or both) and confronted him and was wearing a wire.

I do believer it was another fetisher, but one that knows the difference between fantasy and reality, and a sense of right vs wrong.

Agilbe, My take is I dont think he talked to the co-resident until.that person confronted him (as opposed to "bragging" to someone on his fetish site) and he had no choice. I would imagine if he were intimate or very close to that person and maybe that person found (or was provided with) some evidence it might have been unavoidable.

I guess I'm just having trouble thinking he would have ever admitted it to anyone who wasn't like-minded. Even during a confrontation I believe he would have denied it to the end. It really doesn't matter how LE heard him, thankfully they did. Too bad he didn't slip where she is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandrz717