Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoever he may be, it's uncanny how he's mimicking the identical stance of the lady in front of him. An overconfident pose imo. This is a trait I've noticed about the accused. He does this uber creepy statuesque thing.

Maybe I can do a close up of the picture....only to notice the hairline.
I am using this "arbitrary pic" because my Mr.IQ hasn't had a hairline in 10 years.
View attachment 119331

[video=twitter;881348531696660484]https://twitter.com/news_gazette/status/881348531696660484[/video]

This is sickening. Literally. I cannot imagine how Yingying's parents feel, knowing he had the nerve to show and he even seems to want to be immortalized in a photo from it. A trophy. The only not entirely horrible thing here is that the jury can see just how sick of an individual he is.

I feel so bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know, if I were her, I would be waiting on the wrong side of the road for the bus too. We drive on the left. When I was in the US. I always went to the wrong side of the car to get into the passenger seat.

. . . and he even seems to want to be immortalized in a photo from it. A trophy. The only not entirely horrible thing here is that the jury can see just how sick of an individual he is.

I'm worried he did that as a tactic — to contaminate the jury pool with more media frenzy. Gives the defense more leverage in jury selection; jurors get asked a lot about what they may have learned about a case through the media.

I found his Steam profile (Video game site/ Service). 80 hours in two weeks playing a game called 'Darkest Dungeon',
Darkest Dungeon is a challenging gothic roguelike turn-based RPG about the psychological stresses of adventuring. Recruit, train, and lead a team of flawed heroes against unimaginable horrors, stress, famine, disease, and the ever-encroaching dark.
Not hating on the game or video games in general... just was wandering around on the interwebs and thought someone might recognize his handle and the fact it was mentioned he was super into video games...
Edit: I just looked at all played games, and he has 2700 some odd hours on DOTA 2 and mostly pretty average games. Hm. Anyways..

I found his Steam profile (Video game site/ Service). 80 hours in two weeks playing a game called 'Darkest Dungeon', Not hating on the game or video games in general... just was wandering around on the interwebs and thought someone might recognize his handle and the fact it was mentioned he was super into video games...
Edit: I just looked at all played games, and he has 2700 some odd hours on DOTA 2 and mostly pretty average games. Hm. Anyways..

I was just wondering if anyone knew what the character he uses for his profile picture means. Thank you!

I also have a problem with the idea that he took YingYing to his apartment.

How would BC manage to get YIngYing from his car to his apartment, without being seen by anyone?

He would have had to carry her through communal hallways, and a neighbour could have seen them at any time. He could have got lucky and no neighbours were around, but it was a heck of a risk to take.

I don't believe it.

Ya, Im with you there. I assume in his "Abduction 101" checklist he must have thought out an alternate location. Taking a victim (unconscious or not) back to his apt (esp if he has a roommate - not confirmed?) seems too risky.

For those who've been sleuthing the fetish website, am curious if you have any sense of how many 'members' are in the central Illinois area (or do they even list locations)? If there are over 3000 participants, are we talking a very few, dozens, or many more in the Champaign-Urbana area?
(I also wonder how many more similar websites there are out there -- probably many!?)
...asking mainly only because I'm thinking about how a defense attorney may defend BC.

I found his Steam profile (Video game site/ Service). 80 hours in two weeks playing a game called 'Darkest Dungeon', Not hating on the game or video games in general... just was wandering around on the interwebs and thought someone might recognize his handle and the fact it was mentioned he was super into video games...
His friends list is quite interesting as well. I don't think it tells us anything about the kidnapping of Yingying, but it does show his commitment to spending time playing video games. I wonder if he an introverted person, or extremely anti social.

'Nothing remarkable' about former doctoral student charged with kidnapping Chinese scholar at U. of I.

Christensen's academic advisor, Professor Lance Cooper, associate head of graduate programs in the Department of Physics, was part of the committee that admitted Christensen to the program in fall of 2013.

"Nobody saw this coming," Cooper said on Saturday.

“He was completely normal, there were no complaints about his teaching,” Cooper said. “He was on the excellent teaching list so he was well-reviewed by his students.”

No disciplinary issues were reported about him and he never had issues showing up for class or getting assignments in on time.

“There was nothing remarkable about him as far as I could see,” Cooper said.

Cooper said Christensen mentioned in spring 2016 that he was married and that he and his wife were going to use the next year to decide what their plans were while he completed his master’s program.

Christensen worked briefly in a condensed matter physics group, which studied materials and their exotic properties, but transitioned out of that when he dropped his Ph.D.

“He never gave any personal reasons,” Cooper said. “I just got the impression that the Ph.D. program was not what he thought it would be and that this was no longer his goal. He didn’t speak about any personal issues.”

(There is a video of the professor at the link.)
It's bizarre that he spent all this time in college, suddenly dropped out of the PhD program, graduated in May 2017 with his MS after finishing the final 1-2 non-major (not physics related) classes, then didn't tell anyone about pursuit of work? No career goals? He just started playing video games and plotting kidnappings?

Great work dangernoodle! This icon is the same as the fetish website one (now gone?) and the name Brendt in Illinois is associated.

If you hit the drop down for his username, you see many other names he has used. Not sure if it will be helpful but....

He was last online 35 hours 41 minutes ago

This is sickening. Literally. I cannot imagine how Yingying's parents feel, knowing he had the nerve to show and he even seems to want to be immortalized in a photo from it. A trophy. The only not entirely horrible thing here is that the jury can see just how sick of an individual he is.

I feel so bad.

This article pretty mich confirms that the perp is most likely the person in the photo.

For those who've been sleuthing the fetish website, am curious if you have any sense of how many 'members' are in the central Illinois area (or do they even list locations)? If there are over 3000 participants, are we talking a very few, dozens, or many more in the Champaign-Urbana area?
(I also wonder how many more similar websites there are out there -- probably many!?)
...asking mainly only because I'm thinking about how a defense attorney may defend BC.
There is a group for people from the Urbana-Champaign area with 700~800 users. Some of them state that they live in other areas of IL, but I would say something like 300~400 users on that region - Champaign County (or stating that they are from that area). People may have more than one user, though.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

He was last online 35 hours 41 minutes ago

I was just noticing that in addition to just how much time he spent playing recently. Beyond the fact that obviously kidnapping is incomprehensible to me, I can't wrap my head around perpetrating such a thing and then going on like everything is normal. Maybe he was going for that in case anyone was watching.

I wonder if the police recording was the first time he had talked about it or just the first time they caught him. Did that person know for sure before or just suspect? All unanswerable ruminations at this point.

What’s even more horrifying BC is at the walk, the same day the FBI has him on audio surveillance admitting to the kidnapping. June 29th.

This article pretty mich confirms that the perp is most likely the person in the photo.

Would you mind posting the MSM link to the photo of him at the walk? I tried viewing it when it was posted up-thread and it wasn't working for me. TIA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member