Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #3 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is possible he even has pics or movie of YZ... ?
I am a new member but have been following this case for a while.
BC is a control freak with a big ego. An interview of his professor implied that the reason he got a Master degree not a PHD candidacy is that he failed,which is a big blow to his ego and made him angry. He released his anger through his twisted and bizarre phsyco. UIUC is among the top programs for his phd research area. It is rare for a mature adult to drop in the middle of the program if he can pass the preliminary exam. BTW, if he changed his plan not because of academic performance, there would be plenty of signs.
I checked the Illinois terminal where YY's cellphone was last pinned. To the south is a semi-deserted industrial area supposedly with little trafffic or human activities. I bet BC took her here to subdue her, kill her and/or do something imagable. I think LE may have recovered picture or videos from BC's cellphone or computers making them believe that YY is not alive anymore. They may have info to make them believe that BC disposed YY's body in a manner that it is not recoverable. Unfortunately, BC had the time and intellengence to do before FBI got him. Just my 2cs of speculations based on what I have learned.
This is a great community. Thank you all.

If BC lured her online it would show in her browser history which FBI would have checked by now, probably for an answer to that very question, "Did YZ and BC have online contact?"

This doesn't really make a lot of sense though. If they had contact online, why would she try to flag down a bus and then walk to another bus stop? There's no indication she called someone after missing the bus, unless a possible prior meeting occurred on campus somewhere and she recognized him when he pulled over making her more willing to get in, I think thats the most likely chance of a prior meeting. She was out for a specific purpose that day. She was at school and then had the meeting with the new apartment manager.

I think he just saw her as a target of opportunity. I really doubt they had online contact before hand. Law enforcement not revealing that doesn't indicate that there was actual prior knowledge of each other. That potentially helps a defendant if they acknowledge they knew each other.

That actually is a scenario that makes a ton of sense. She gets in to get to the apartment meeting. He mentions that he's leasing his apartment and has moved out and offers to show it to her for her to stay there. She walks right in.

That has been my theory from the start.

If LE has evidence in the form of a photo or video that Yingying is dead why isn't BC being charged with murder?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That actually is a scenario that makes a ton of sense. She gets in to get to the apartment meeting. He mentions that he's leasing his apartment and has moved out and offers to show it to her for her to stay there. She walks right in.

Yes, this does make a lot of sense. It would be a lot easier than him knocking her out cold and then trying to drag her inside his apartment in broad daylight. If she came in willingly, she walked right into his trap. Tries to make a move, gets rebuffed, loses his ****. He's clearly a narcissist on some level so he probably would never imagine getting rebuffed by her, or he just was able to carry out the abduction fantasy with someone who walked right in. Would not be a surprise if this is what happened.

BC is a control freak with a big ego. An interview of his professor implied that the reason he got a Master degree not a PHD candidacy is that he failed,which is a big blow to his ego and made him angry. He released his anger through his twisted and bizarre phsyco. UIUC is among the top programs for his phd research area. It is rare for a mature adult to drop in the middle of the program if he can pass the preliminary exam. BTW, if he changed his plan not because of academic performance, there would be plenty of signs.
I checked the Illinois terminal where YY's cellphone was last pinned. To the south is a semi-deserted industrial area supposedly with little trafffic or human activities. I bet BC took her here to subdue her, kill her and/or do something imagable. I think LE may have recovered picture or videos from BC's cellphone or computers making them believe that YY is not alive anymore. They may have info to make them believe that BC disposed YY's body in a manner that it is not recoverable. Unfortunately, BC had the time and intellengence to do before FBI got him. Just my 2cs of speculations based on what I have learned.

If she was at his apartment would her cell phone ping off the terminal? Or it is too far away? I don't know the geography of where terminal was with respect to everything but if it pinged in a place that was clearly far away then he maybe never even had her in the apartment.

Could he have had a storage bin in that industrial area? And the crime occurred there? I saw a case on ID Discovery where the perp had a storage bin for his crimes. Sick.

If LE has evidence in the form of a photo or video that Yingying is dead why isn't BC being charged with murder?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is no rush. Defendants have a constitutional right to a "speedy trial" which can vary what that means. LE wants as much time as possible to find the body; they don't want to start the clock running now, especially when they have him in custody and he is not of imminent threat to the public. They want to get everything in order before they charge him with murder and they preferably want the body to make any murder charge ironclad.

It would be horrible for the family if they went ahead early on a murder charge without the body and he somehow got acquitted on a theory that they never proved a death. Double jeopardy would apply and he would walk.

Does anybody know how Urbana Champaign process it municipal organic garbage? Any chance of being ground up and burned in power plant?

The advisor did say he was not asked to leave, but I just had a thought about that that about something I should have remembered earlier.

My husband is a faculty member at a university. A few years ago there was a murder committed by another professor. My husband knew everyone involved very well. A friend of his met up with a NY Times reporter, who interviewed my husband. My husband said he thought the murderer was unbalanced. The university found out about this and called my husband, told him that he was not to speak with a reporter ever again, or they would not help him with an attorney if there was ever a legal case involving him related to the case. Later, the victim's family tried to sue the university, saying they should have known the professor would try to kill someone. I believe the university wanted my husband to stay quiet, anticipating the family might do this in the future. My husband did stay quiet, but he never understood the threat. There was no chance he was going to be sued for anything.

The reason I tell this story is because the graduate advisor may have been told to downplay any signs of emotional issues with BC, anticipating the family of YZ might want to sue the university if it were known the he was at all dangerous.

It may be because it is late but I am beginning to think this is simpler than we might make it. I am leaning toward the FBI recounting of the public details as the facts. He was exploring this world and, rather than meeting a Fetlife person who wanted a fantasy, he abducted Yingying by cajoling her/convincing her that he would take her to the apartment. The details of how she was unable to escape are probably a well kept secret among the FBI. They combed the car and noted its cleanliness on that side so we know something major happened in the vehicle. We don't know that she was in the apt alive or not. We know she is as yet unfound but known to be dead so the evidence must be clear to the FBI beyond his disclosure to another person--- photo or video would be the most likely mode.

I am not sure we need to second guess anything here even his withdraw from the program. He was a decent TA with no complaints. The issue of writing level, research, funds, or level of talent hits lots of those who leave PhD programs. I don't know that it made him angry. I think he was probably in an open marriage prior to the program, maybe he wanted to focus on his fetishes more than science. It happens that priorities change. Why did he move to killing rather than playing? I am not sure we will ever know.

I do hope we find out where Yingying is so she can go home.

Not sure if you saw this, but we do have some details about his activity at Fetlife.

What matters in this implication is how often he was visiting the site. If he was only a casual user, then the fact he wasn't on there every day wouldn't be a surprise. I also think you're reaching on the FBI implication. According to the complaint, he visited that specific thread on April 19th. There's no mention of him accessing that particular thread any other date other than that date and I imagine had it been more recent, they'd have used the more recent date in the complaint. That's more than 2 months before Zhang's abduction. It's unknown how often he returned to the site after that, how often he referred to the Abduction 101 thread, and the only thing verifiable is that we know he was there 2 days before hand, but not his activity then. He could've just have easily been responding to a message or having a browse the last time he was on there. Without more information of his use of that site, there's no way to draw any conclusion other than guessing. His visit of the Abduction 101 thread may have only been 1 time for 2 minutes. He could've gathered information on how to abduct elsewhere that we don't know about as well.

We should have more tangible information today (Wednesday). He's scheduled for a bond hearing and the prosecution will have to show evidence as to why he shouldn't be granted bail and I would assume we'll get more than just what's in the complaint/already out there. If the authorities know that she is dead and have proof she is dead, today could be the day they reveal that.

Personal disclaimer: I am a sex positive person with no issues with fetish communities. I also defend art and music like no other... in this context though, no beuno.

The following details are from Brendt Christensen’s Fetlife profile, username Akuma689. I believe this gives much insight into his interests and possible motive for the kidnapping and probable murder of Yingying. Of particular interest is the themed groups (abduction, ropes/chains bondage, fear, domination, BDSM, etc) he was a member of. I did not enter the vast majority of these groups. I also did not find any posts made by BC, but it's possible that the search function doesn't allow to search by user or that he was a lurker. I did see some social interaction between he and other members local to him, I've redacted that content from my screen shots for their privacy.

I viewed this site in the wee hours (PST) of July 1st, so keep that in mind when reading “24 days ago” and other time references. Given that I don't know what time zone Fetlife is in, the dates could be +/- 1 day as I was there between midnight and 1 am.

You can see the shots here: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BxaBCXtm5qnCNWJUbENlc1NRMDQ

I think that BC was on this site to network with folks with similar interests, though I bet he's among the very few that took his fantasy to a real life level. I have to wonder used the fantasy groups to inspire his crimes or if any of this content can provide insight into what he did to Yingying. Could he have filmed any part of the crime? Was she bound?

June 9: Yingying disappears

June 7: Date of last activity on Fetlife

Info on Fetlife:*
Akuma689, 28M Champaign, Ill
Married, dating
Is looking for a relationship, and mentor/teacher, and play partner, princess by day, s**t by night, friendship, and mistress, a sub, a slave.

24 days prior to July 1st, approximately June 7, two days before Yingying disappears. BC updates his profile and engages in social activity that I won't detail out of respect for the other parties’ privacy.

2 months prior to July 1: Active on Fetlife
****** Updates profile several times
**** Changes role to Dominant
***** Changes his role to Hedonist
****** Lists himself as married
****** Lists himself as being interested in (this list is snipped for focus)
Watching others wear shackles
Sex with strangers
Giving sensual domination
Sensory deprivation
Everything to do with sadomasochism
Rituals
Outdoor sex
Giving Objectification
Making home movies
Giving fear
Face slapping
Exhibitionism
Emotional sadism
Degradation
Defilement
Watching others wear chains
Giving belt whippings
Giving behavior modification
Receiving begging
Giving bare bottom spanking
Everything to do with: Anonymous encounters
Everything to do with Abduction play
Everything to do with Consensual nonconsent play
Giving Domination
Giving humiliation
Giving Pain
Giving sadism
Giving discipline
Giving Master/slave
Giving Mind *advertiser censored**ks
Everything to do with Predator/Prey
Giving bondage

Also two months prior to July 1st, joined groups (snipped)
5 different local BDSM groups
Domestic discipline
Fear play
Submissive/slaves
Mental BDSM, verbal humiliation, & mind f’s
Practicing polyamory
Primal, all types
Male owner, female property
Consensual nonconsent, blackmail, and slavery
Rope bondage
Predicament bondage
Behavior modification
Anonymous encounters
Abduction 101

Three months prior to July 1st
·******** Joined Fetlife
·******** Changed nickname from Buck_Dich689 to Akuma689
(Buck Dich is a song with very strong lyrics describing abuse and degradation http://www.lyricsfreak.com/r/rammstein/bck+dich+bend+down+english_20619555.html)

Eta: why I'm so sure it's him:
He uses the prefix Akuma in other SM handles (Steam for example), 689 refers to his month and year of birth and is also used in other SM (Okcupid). The age, sex, and specific location are correct. There were pics including him in friends' profiles, I did not screen shot those as they were not his profile.

Fetlife management has apparently confirmed his identity as well, there was a thread in Abduction 101 that bore his full real name shortly before the group disappeared from view. I didnt get to read it before it poofed. Not sure if the group has been deleted or is in some sort of invisible mode or something, I didn't officially join the group, I just lurked around. All his friends have removed references to relationships with him.

I'm a skeptic by nature, but given all this...I'm 100% confident this is BC.

Interesting CNN story on this case and why perps go to vigils. It says they do it because they get satisfaction of seeing people mourning the victim, like look at all the people who are mourning the person I hurt. Others feel remorse or are having a hard time coping. They mention Ariel Castro (the guy in the Cleveland kidnapping) going to the vigils and handing out flyers.

It always posts the video when I link but the story is up at cnn.com

Maybe he had so many women coming and going that nobody would have paid attention, if he had managed to subdue or threaten YZ into silence? Hard to believe, but after the Cheshire murders, where Mrs. Petit was forced under threat to go into her bank all alone and withdraw money without alerting the bank employees, and she complied (because the perp told her two of her children would be killed if she didn't comply), I would believe anything.

Mrs. Petit did alert a bank employee, who went into a dark office and called 911. Law enforcement just unfortunately did not respond in time to save her or her daughters.

There are also the steam tunnels on campus that he might know about.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I was a student at UofI a long long time ago. We used to play Dungeons and Dragons in those tunnels. They were a lot of sewer connections to those tunnels. I thing that is where he put her and its a matter finding her body down there and not having a lot of well meaning searchers going in there.

If she was at his apartment would her cell phone ping off the terminal? Or it is too far away? I don't know the geography of where terminal was with respect to everything but if it pinged in a place that was clearly far away then he maybe never even had her in the apartment.

Could he have had a storage bin in that industrial area? And the crime occurred there? I saw a case on ID Discovery where the perp had a storage bin for his crimes. Sick.

I am not familiar with the city but do hope FBI have spend enough time to comb that area. I would imagine that afte the perp abducted YZ, the immediate action was to subdue her, soon. He may being her to the isolated industrial location like south of th IL Terminal which saves time, or bring her to a more remote area outside of the city but it takes a longer time thus more chance of being spotted. I think he chose the former. It is less likely he took her to his apt without subduing her first because the victim would scream and fight back and it is almost impossible not being hearded in a well occupied apt building. We all know how bad the wall insulation can be in such a building.

It may be because it is late but I am beginning to think this is simpler than we might make it. I am leaning toward the FBI recounting of the public details as the facts. He was exploring this world and, rather than meeting a Fetlife person who wanted a fantasy, he abducted Yingying by cajoling her/convincing her that he would take her to the apartment. The details of how she was unable to escape are probably a well kept secret among the FBI. They combed the car and noted its cleanliness on that side so we know something major happened in the vehicle. We don't know that she was in the apt alive or not. We know she is as yet unfound but known to be dead so the evidence must be clear to the FBI beyond his disclosure to another person--- photo or video would be the most likely mode.

I am not sure we need to second guess anything here even his withdraw from the program. He was a decent TA with no complaints. The issue of writing level, research, funds, or level of talent hits lots of those who leave PhD programs. I don't know that it made him angry. I think he was probably in an open marriage prior to the program, maybe he wanted to focus on his fetishes more than science. It happens that priorities change. Why did he move to killing rather than playing? I am not sure we will ever know.

I do hope we find out where Yingying is so she can go home.

LOL, I get to this point with almost every case I follow. At some point the conversation seems like it is going around and around. I happen to be a little more inside on this conversation, but I have especially felt like that when I am just observing. Appreciate what you are saying.

For me, on a personal level, it is trying to figure out why someone who is so much like me in some ways would go in this direction. On a more altruistic level, as a mom and teacher, I want to understand how to see the signs of trouble and do whatever I can to prevent a crime. The more I understand, the more I can help.

His whole story about the car ride is odd. Why would he paint himself in a negative light? He contends she panicked when he drove down a wrong street and he let here out. He’s admitting he did something that made her uncomfortable. Why even say that? Why not just say, “hey, she got in my car, she realized she forgot something or she realized she dropped her cell phone so I let her out.” His story is just odd. Why did he want to only admit to her being in the car a very short period of time?

I wonder too if there were any cameras on places where he was driving. Too bad this isn’t London- they have cameras everywhere.

I’m glad he did this but it was pretty stupid to even talk to the cops. Probably speaks to his hubris. He could have argued someone stole his car or he let someone borrow the car instead of admitting he was the car driver.

I think that he had some reason for telling law enforcement that she panicked, too. Maybe he was told that they had footage of her in the car and he felt he needed to explain why she was visibly distressed at some point? Maybe they told him that they had video of her looking distressed? Maybe they actually did have video of her looking distressed and he was asked to explain why. I don't know, but I agree that there must be some reason he said that, and my guess is that it's as close to the truth as he can get without admitting that he took her someplace and killed her.

Mrs. Petit did alert a bank employee, who went into a dark office and called 911. Law enforcement just unfortunately did not respond in time to save her or her daughters.
That has to be one of the most horrific crimes committed.

The advisor did say he was not asked to leave, but I just had a thought about that that about something I should have remembered earlier.

My husband is a faculty member at a university. A few years ago there was a murder committed by another professor. My husband knew everyone involved very well. A friend of his met up with a NY Times reporter, who interviewed my husband. My husband said he thought the murderer was unbalanced. The university found out about this and called my husband, told him that he was not to speak with a reporter ever again, or they would not help him with an attorney if there was ever a legal case involving him related to the case. Later, the victim's family tried to sue the university, saying they should have known the professor would try to kill someone. I believe the university wanted my husband to stay quiet, anticipating the family might do this in the future. My husband did stay quiet, but he never understood the threat. There was no chance he was going to be sued for anything.

The reason I tell this story is because the graduate advisor may have been told to downplay any signs of emotional issues with BC, anticipating the family of YZ might want to sue the university if it were known the he was at all dangerous.

You are absolutely right. I kind of remember seeing somewhere that it is against the federal law to disclose student's academic performance without permission. He thought he is smart and deserve everything but he failed his phd prelim qualification requirement. You can see his madness after being caught. I would imagine his anger of being forced to quit PhD.

If BC lured her online it would show in her browser history which FBI would have checked by now, probably for an answer to that very question, "Did YZ and BC have online contact?"

I think that if there had been any online contact between the two of them, it would have figured prominently in BC's story to law enforcement. He would have said, "yes, she was in my car. We arranged to meet. She came back to my apartment at 2:00. She left at 4:00. After that, I have no idea what happened to her." That would have explained DNA evidence, if any, in the car and in his apartment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dylanfoxx