Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #3 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
YingYing was first reported missing in the late evening of June 9. Based on the surveillance tapes and the unique vehicle, the FBI first interviewed BC on the 12th, identified the car as being the one in the surveillance photos on the 14th, got a warrant and seized it on the 15th. It was first towed to Champaign's impound lot, and then to the FBI forensics team in Springfield. I doubt that they have released it since their statements imply that a crime occurred in the car; I would think this is evidence that they hold.

So, it appears that they knew who the perp was on the 14th, that Yingying was most likely deceased, and spent the next 16 days building the case, hoping to locate YingYing's body, doing electronic forensics on his phone, and finally getting a confession on tape on the 29th, and an arrest on the 30th.

I share in everyone's heartbreak. This is not the ending any of us hoped for, but I am grateful for the (IMHO) amazing police work done to identify this (alleged) predator. If guilty, I hope that the rest of his life is one of misery.

Now, I just want YingYing to be found (if she hasn't been already), so that she can go home with her family.

This is an unspeakable tragedy for them. I cannot even comprehend

It is also a (IMHO somewhat undeserved) black eye for the UIUC, which once was and should be a safe enclave where parents can send their children to be educated and feel comfortable that their children are safe. 😪

YES! And maybe that is one of the reasons BC went to that site....to make public/investigators think YZ was a victim of this kind of following/fetish. The (much considered) opinions of my fellow sleuthers has finally convinced me of this very possibility; BC was just throwing up a red herring. Remember the reporter who said, "This is a chess game."??

He was a member before Yingying set foot in this country. He was there initiating IRL relationships and seeking local connections.

He was a member before Yingying set foot in this country. He was there initiating IRL relationships and seeking local connections.
Okay, great point....but it doesn't change the fact he may have been planning this for a long time. And any victim, he finally induced into getting into his vehicle, would eventually be investigated as having something to do with that site. I think this guy plays "mind games and video games, a lot." He doesn't get angry, he gets even.

The warrant was for the vehicle only. The officers knocked, BC was voluntarily taken in for questioning, apparently leaving his phone behind. Maybe he thought that was a good idea... It wasn't, lol. Concurrently, the other occupant gave written consent to search and seizure within the apartment, no warrant necessary. As far as I know, any occupant can consent to this, regardless of the individual ownership of items within.

Yes, you are so correct!... my apologies to you. I went back and read the official police written report and it's exactly as you'd described, warrant to search the vehicle only. Reading so much different sources got me lost in the details. Thanks for correcting me on it.

Okay, great point....but it doesn't change the fact he may have been planning this for a long time. And any victim, he finally induced into getting into his vehicle, would eventually be investigated as having something to do with that site. I think this guy plays "mind games and video games, a lot." He doesn't get angry, he gets even.
Adding to my post.....he may have been planning this for a long time. And here is why I think that:
1) He was seen picking victim up on/by/near Goodwin
2) He was affiliated with Physics Dept.
3) Even though LC (Physics Dept) said BC didn't take any classes in the Physics area for the last year. He did say "The students haven't seen him in a few weeks." (Which btw was edited out of some videos after that) So was he hanging out there up and until the abduction?????
4) The map of the Physics Dept. (on the corner of GOODWIN & Green) Sound familiar?
5) I think he wasn't worried about being caught on video, because he had a good reason to explain being near the Physics Dept on Goodwin if police ever asked. (Like I said....this guy is a chess player......but the damaged hubcap, checkmate)
6) http://ada.fs.illinois.edu/0067.gif

Totally agree that this could have been on his mind for a very long time, identity of victim unimportant.
I also agree with games of various types! Yes!

I hope they find her soon :(
How disgusting that he went to the walk for her.

She is one of two people that I think could be an informant.

Did it say in the affidavit that it was a C.I? All I read was that audio was captured while under law enforcement surveillance. Genuine question, haven't been as up to date the past few days.

Hey!

matou said:
Christensen is due in federal court in Urbana, Illinois tomorrow morning.

It will be TODAY at 10am EST - just a reminder of the time if you missed it! :)

liltexans - I noticed you have been doing tweets - will you be doing them during this hearing this morning?

TIA!

Where are you YingYing?? :rose:

Did it say in the affidavit that it was a C.I? All I read was that audio was captured while under law enforcement surveillance. Genuine question, haven't been as up to date the past few days.

No, that was not detailed. It seemed intentionally vague, imo, as typically names are named in this type of complaint. As if they're proactively concealing the source. I think it's the most logical option given what we know, but I can't be sure.

Hi Nick_1 Good question! The answer is NO. I am holding a copy of the Criminal Complaint and no where does it state CI (confidential informant)

This Chinese article contains a composite sketch rendered using the surveillance footage. Pretty good given the circumstances!

http://news.sina.com.cn/c/nd/2017-07-03/doc-ifyhrxsk1604163.shtml

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. I went to that page and did the standard google translate; but, that is a very rough translation, I believe.

Surveillance audio recordings, video recordings and informants are all very different things. Just trying to better understand.

Hey!

It will be TODAY at 10am EST - just a reminder of the time if you missed it! :)

liltexans - I noticed you have been doing tweets - will you be doing them during this hearing this morning?

TIA!

Where are you YingYing?? :rose:

If she doesn't or can't, I can. I'm off tomorrow and a regular tweet consumer.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. I went to that page and did the standard google translate; but, that is a very rough translation, I believe.

Surveillance audio recordings, video recordings and informants are all very different things. Just trying to better understand.

I just wanted to point out that sketch, those artists amaze me! It had no connection to the discussion about surveillance, CIs, etc. :)

People on 4chan are claiming they "think" he posted about YingYing. Again it's 4chan so it's worse than poop on your shoe- but they did archive the post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Researched this. There are unconfirmed reports he was active on reddit up until Friday. Snipped everything else as I wish to follow the rules.

I wish we knew where his phone pinged from the time of the kidnapping until LE placed him under surveillance. He seems like a criminal who would have taken his phone with him.

Metadata for this type of geographic information can be subpoenaed for. I am not sure if that occurred in this case, though.

Also, I have no clue what all was used technology wise in this case. But, google search for Stingray. Was utilized pretty heavily just a few years ago, I do not know if it is now.

Me too. I am limited by TOS at the moment, but I will say I think that we will hear more about her as things develop. For the record, I did not sleuth her and don't think anyone else should either.

Not to sound like.an idiot, but are we sure this female is actually "with" BC at the walk? Kind of looks like some ppl may be holding hands, you know, in that solidarity way? How long after the photo allegedly showing BC in the upper right corner was this photo taken? I searched the earlier crowd photo and didnt see this female anywhere. Not that she couldnt have met him there 3 minutes later, but just saying. As far as her looking unhappy, jmo but any one of us walking down the street might have that facial expression at any given split second.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper