Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #3 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great work RKEPPLER!!! You are a super sleuth. Can you also indicate which ones would be on his "path to drive home on holidays/summers etc."
going to Wisconsin.? Ie, Pin point map & dates of missing?
I'll try to pinpoint every missing person in IL from 2013 onwards, and in WI from 2010 - 2013. If someone could tell me the most probable route from Champaign to Steven's Point, it would be welcomed.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

After reading all of that Fetlife activity I feel like I've been living in a separate world; I never knew these kinds of things existed and were so popular. Absolutely no judgement on any users, but do you think his high levels of activity showed he was using it obsessively? He seems to have spent a lot of time on there on the same day, maybe a few hours or more, just filling his mind with all this content. Is it usual for a Fetlife user to have so many outward sexual interests? He seems to list everything and more, most of it the darker fantasist side. Do you think he was using the site to justify his fantasies about murdering and raping women? I'm not saying that's why people go on there, I'm saying if he was in a warped state of mind and has been fantasizing about committing a crime for a while, then goes on to a website where these fantasies are deemed normal (with consent of course), would this have surely fuelled his obsession? Leading to the inevitable?

After reading all of that Fetlife activity I feel like I've been living in a separate world; I never knew these kinds of things existed and were so popular. Absolutely no judgement on any users, but do you think his high levels of activity showed he was using it obsessively? He seems to have spent a lot of time on there on the same day, maybe a few hours or more, just filling his mind with all this content. Is it usual for a Fetlife user to have so many outward sexual interests? He seems to list everything and more, most of it the darker fantasist side. Do you think he was using the site to justify his fantasies about murdering and raping women? I'm not saying that's why people go on there, I'm saying if he was in a warped state of mind and has been fantasizing about committing a crime for a while, then goes on to a website where these fantasies are deemed normal (with consent of course), would this have surely fuelled his obsession? Leading to the inevitable?
I don't think his activity on Fetlife lead to the inevitable. I think he would have done something of this nature with or without it. It really is an interesting look into his mind though.

I think the date format is most recent first, so joined the site, and first group... Abduction 101. This was on his mind.

I visited Fetlife again last night, there is a thread there discussing the case and how it relates to the site. Members seem betrayed, hurt, angry...

Mapquest says get on 74 West at Champaign to Bloomington. Take 39 at Bloomington until you hit Rockford. At Rockford you take 90 North to Cascade Mountain where you take 39 in Wisconsin.

Thought of Bundy right after I'd posted, duh, totally! He was "lucky" at the time that DNA wasn't being used and his earlier dropping out of colleges and moving from state to state enabled him to attack/kill so many.

Finding it hard to make this jump, but DNA alone in 1974 wouldn't have been enough to catch Bundy before he upped his body count. He didn't get caught for the first time until the DaRonch kidnapping and the body count was already too high. It puts him away before Chi Omega/Leach, but thats about it. It's taken for granted today, but the use of a computer in criminal investigations was a huge step forward and the first major case to employ one was the Bundy case. Technology was so vastly different then that just pointing to one thing can't say this or that would or wouldn't of happened. That said, I don't think Bundy can happen again at the lengths it did simply due to the proliferation of surveillance tech as well as the fact he likely never escapes custody nowadays and even if he did, not to the point Bundy did simply due to media saturation.

I also think it's way too soon to compare BC to any of these "famous" killers. BC may not have had the intent to kill Zhang when he abducted her, whereas with someone like Bundy, the kill was the point. We have the benefit of hindsight and mountains of information and data on Bundy, we don't have that with BC yet. The fact alone that someone as seemingly intellectually gifted as BC (as was Bundy) could be so impulsive, lackadaisical, and stupid with how he went about committing this abduction and covering this up I think shows something else was going on here. Until we know more, right now I think he's just a first time offender whose narcissism and arrogance made him think that this wouldn't of been a big deal.

Just reading the criminal complaint that was published it's astonishing at how foolish BC was. Hopefully they find Zhang soon. What a waste in so many respects.

MRSOBRIEN Wow....you have really impressed me. The work and editing you put into presenting the information and providing an understandable over view, was very thoughtful and organized. I felt as if he was descending deeper and deeper into the levels of hell. (As much as it hurt my heart, I have to remember LE has to deal with this all the time and then try not to take these horrible memories home to their families.)

Thank you mrsobrien for all the research , calmness and the integrity you showed in not " outing" individuals on the site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the date format is most recent first, so joined the site, and first group... Abduction 101. This was on his mind.

What sort of content is on the forum Abduction 101? The 101 makes it sound informative, as if to suggest a teaching platform in how to take part in Abduction role play. Is it more of a question and answer type forum? Or more graphic?

Understandable how current members are reacting; this is an outlet for them and I feel for them that this website they use innocently has been associated with something so hideous. From reading the comments on here from Fetlife users I fully understand that this is a tool for fantasy role playing between consenting adults and is not a reflection of someone's character. I apologize if my post came across that way.

Personal disclaimer: I am a sex positive person with no issues with fetish communities. I also defend art and music like no other... in this context though, no beuno.

The following details are from Brendt Christensen’s Fetlife profile, username Akuma689. I believe this gives much insight into his interests and possible motive for the kidnapping and probable murder of Yingying. Of particular interest is the themed groups (abduction, ropes/chains bondage, fear, domination, BDSM, etc) he was a member of. I did not enter the vast majority of these groups. I also did not find any posts made by BC, but it's possible that the search function doesn't allow to search by user or that he was a lurker. I did see some social interaction between he and other members local to him, I've redacted that content from my screen shots for their privacy.

I viewed this site in the wee hours (PST) of July 1st, so keep that in mind when reading “24 days ago” and other time references. Given that I don't know what time zone Fetlife is in, the dates could be +/- 1 day as I was there between midnight and 1 am.

You can see the shots here: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BxaBCXtm5qnCNWJUbENlc1NRMDQ

I think that BC was on this site to network with folks with similar interests, though I bet he's among the very few that took his fantasy to a real life level. I have to wonder used the fantasy groups to inspire his crimes or if any of this content can provide insight into what he did to Yingying. Could he have filmed any part of the crime? Was she bound?

June 9: Yingying disappears

June 7: Date of last activity on Fetlife

Info on Fetlife:*
Akuma689, 28M Champaign, Ill
Married, dating
Is looking for a relationship, and mentor/teacher, and play partner, princess by day, s**t by night, friendship, and mistress, a sub, a slave.

24 days prior to July 1st, approximately June 7, two days before Yingying disappears. BC updates his profile and engages in social activity that I won't detail out of respect for the other parties’ privacy.

2 months prior to July 1: Active on Fetlife
****** Updates profile several times
**** Changes role to Dominant
***** Changes his role to Hedonist
****** Lists himself as married
****** Lists himself as being interested in (this list is snipped for focus)
Watching others wear shackles
Sex with strangers
Giving sensual domination
Sensory deprivation
Everything to do with sadomasochism
Rituals
Outdoor sex
Giving Objectification
Making home movies
Giving fear
Face slapping
Exhibitionism
Emotional sadism
Degradation
Defilement
Watching others wear chains
Giving belt whippings
Giving behavior modification
Receiving begging
Giving bare bottom spanking
Everything to do with: Anonymous encounters
Everything to do with Abduction play
Everything to do with Consensual nonconsent play
Giving Domination
Giving humiliation
Giving Pain
Giving sadism
Giving discipline
Giving Master/slave
Giving Mind *advertiser censored**ks
Everything to do with Predator/Prey
Giving bondage

Also two months prior to July 1st, joined groups (snipped)
5 different local BDSM groups
Domestic discipline
Fear play
Submissive/slaves
Mental BDSM, verbal humiliation, & mind f’s
Practicing polyamory
Primal, all types
Male owner, female property
Consensual nonconsent, blackmail, and slavery
Rope bondage
Predicament bondage
Behavior modification
Anonymous encounters
Abduction 101

Three months prior to July 1st
·******** Joined Fetlife
·******** Changed nickname from Buck_Dich689 to Akuma689
(Buck Dich is a song with very strong lyrics describing abuse and degradation http://www.lyricsfreak.com/r/rammstein/bck+dich+bend+down+english_20619555.html)

Eta: why I'm so sure it's him:
He uses the prefix Akuma in other SM handles (Steam for example), 689 refers to his month and year of birth and is also used in other SM (Okcupid). The age, sex, and specific location are correct. There were pics including him in friends' profiles, I did not screen shot those as they were not him his profile.

Fetlife management has apparently confirmed his identity as well, there was a thread in Abduction 101 that bore his full real name shortly before the group disappeared from view. I didnt get to read it before it poofed. Not sure if the group has been deleted or is in some sort of invisible mode or something, I didn't officially join the group, I just lurked around. All his friends have removed references to relationships with him.

I'm a skeptic by nature, but given all this...I'm 100% confident this is BC.

Really fantastic job sleuthing and summarizing this SO succinctly, mrsobrien! Very informative and enlightening. A peek into his psyche. Also, thank you for redacting those with whom he communicated occasionally.

The succinct timeline, the content (groups, interests, etal), the profile updates, the redactions..... and most time consuming and difficult, the constant proofreading and care you took to eliminate the irrelevant. I know from personal experience how much time, effort and care you dedicated to this project. Great work...THANK YOU!

Hmmmm, dense particle physics....are there any building projects planned for the campus. Any excavation, dense particle products being used? His M.O. in my opinion is HIDE IN PLAIN SIGHT. Since when has a camera or crowd ever scared this hubris filled man? Where did he hang out on campus? Did he like to sit in a coffee shop? He does have a construction back ground from working that kind of a job in high school.
Perhaps a project that would appeal to someone like him? Something like this? Or somewhere close by? (just thinking out loud...)
http://dailyillini.com/news/2017/03/14/biggest-campus-renovations-ever-planned-illini-union/
For what it's worth, I recall an old murder in my area where the body was found weeks later stuffed inside a metal drum on a construction site (as I recall it was sealed so tight there was no aroma from it, and the perp had to lead investigators to it or she may never have been found).

For what it's worth, I recall an old murder in my area where the body was found weeks later stuffed inside a metal drum on a construction site (as I recall it was sealed so tight there was no aroma from it, and the perp had to lead investigators to it or she may never have been found).

There was another case in Ohio where they bodies were found stuffed in a tree trunk as well. :/

Thank you so much for summarizing the info mrsobrien! You did a wonderful job of it.

What sort of content is on the forum Abduction 101? The 101 makes it sound informative, as if to suggest a teaching platform in how to take part in Abduction role play. Is it more of a question and answer type forum? Or more graphic?

Understandable how current members are reacting; this is an outlet for them and I feel for them that this website they use innocently has been associated with something so hideous. From reading the comments on here from Fetlife users I fully understand that this is a tool for fantasy role playing between consenting adults and is not a reflection of someone's character. I apologize if my post came across that way.

It's more like, how to proceed with fantasy abduction. Things like how to to connect with other consenting partners, limits, communication, safety, etc. There are (or were, not sure if it is still active) stickies (like we have here for announcements and rules) where members post about what they want or what they're available for. It's like: Post here if you want to be abducted irl. Or... Post here if you want to be abducted online only.

Re everyone looking at parks-- I'm from IL and you wouldn't need a park to dispose of a body. Around UIUC it's all fields and farms. Think Morgan Harrison-- just dump the body in a farm area and done.

Dove28- I would think that the goal is for the body to never be seen again. Not just to get rid of it.

I guess maybe I'm just thinking of the Katrina Smith case because both are from Illinois. I think ultimately she was found in a river.

[
I also think it's way too soon to compare BC to any of these "famous" killers. BC may not have had the intent to kill Zhang when he abducted her, whereas with someone like Bundy, the kill was the point. We have the benefit of hindsight and mountains of information and data on Bundy, we don't have that with BC yet. The fact alone that someone as seemingly intellectually gifted as BC (as was Bundy) could be so impulsive, lackadaisical, and stupid with how he went about committing this abduction and covering this up I think shows something else was going on here. Until we know more, right now I think he's just a first time offender whose narcissism and arrogance made him think that this wouldn't of been a big deal.

I don't think he's a serial killer or rapist. I agree that he's probably a first-timer who thought he could get away with it. I'm more curious about similar cases to see what kind of path and premeditation any other "normal" educated guy took toward a stranger killing.

I don't think he has anything to do with other area disappearances considering they're all non-white (Hispanic, black, Native American?) teens, most more likely to be endangered runaways lured willingly with a BF or pimp or killed by an acquaintance or someone living closer.

He grabbed an Asian girl - highly fetishized as submissive - and was focused on sexual fantasy. (Makes me think of the case in CA where a suspect looked up Asian bondage videos the night before his Asian sister-in-law was found dead, bound). Seems he'd be cocky looking for more of a "dream girl" situation like that, and then there's the speculation he was a racist, conservative poster.

Thank you mrsobrien for all the research , calmness and the integrity you showed in not " outing" individuals on the site.

I appreciate your compliment. :) Concealing the users affiliated with him was important to me. I consider them secondary victims.

It seems like many of those posting are masochists seeking 'safe' sadists to role play with. That makes sense, the masochists don't want to be 'real' victims.

I imagine there are also kindly people who want to just pretend to be sadistic, just to take on a role they never play in real life. That's why the pop culture Dom is almost always a woman, and her M is a man.

However, it seems to me very naive to believe that none of the people posting on the site are true sadists, and by definition sadists don't care about their victims. Some might be successfully trained to stay within rules because they don't want to lose partners/get a bad rap/go to jail. But isn't it inherent to sadism to want to make their victims suffer. Like, that's the whole point.

I think it's just as well that people on the forum are reminded of the reality, though I'm sure it diminishes the fun of the fantasies. Kind of like playing with fire, or when a boy goes off to war and discovers it's not like the video games he played.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Rereading the complaint against BC and the statement he made about her showing him on her phone where she needed to go, and then she panicked when he took a wrong turn..that story makes no sense now..

To get to lincoln from clark and Goodwin, you literally turn right onto university, and the first stoplight which is literally hundreds of feet from The corner where he picked her up, take a left, and that’s lincoln. One north is directly on Lincoln.

Wrong turn my butt.

How long would it have taken her to walk? Could she have walked, that is, is it on a highway?

If she could have walked - and had time to walk - she would not be so panicked to get in a car to avoid being late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper