Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #4 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so sorry if this has already been posted and I missed it, especially since it took so long to find lol! But FWIW...
Regarding his nickname and photo on Fetlife, I was intrigued as I connected "Akuma" with the Street Fighter video game character which is Japanese and the name itself means Devil in Japanese. One of his lines in the video game is "I am Akuma. And I will teach you the meaning of pain!" Since he was into gaming I assume he chose his name based on this creepy demon character.

So I was determined to find out where the heck that picture came from and I dug around and found it. It's the cover of a soon to be released album for a South African rap group called Die Antwoord. Putting the beats aside, the lyrics and mostly the videos are very off putting. I just watched a few videos and I feel pretty creepy.

When I look at his mug shot it gives me the chills. His eyes exude a twisted evil man. He calls himself the devil and just like the devil in the photo seemingly grinning while having his grips on a woman.

http://streetfighter.wikia.com/wiki/Akuma

http://www.dieantwoord.com/the-black-goat-album-[emoji443]-🖤[emoji445][emoji444]-soon-soon/

Stun gun?

Yeah I thought that. I don't know how it works- does it knock you out or just paralyze you? i only heard about it in reference to the jon benet case.

I wonder if he used bleach. LE makes a big deal of the fact he cleaned the passenger side. It surely could not just be a quick clean up because LE would not notice it. Could it be bleach?

Yeah I thought that. I don't know how it works- does it knock you out or just paralyze you? i only heard about it in reference to the jon benet case.

I wonder if he used bleach. LE makes a big deal of the fact he cleaned the passenger side. It surely could not just be a quick clean up because LE would not notice it. Could it be bleach?

In my very limited knowledge of stun guns, I think that they are a less sophisticated version of a taser, but have to be in direct contact with person, ie touching them.

In my very limited knowledge of stun guns, I think that they are a less sophisticated version of a taser, but have to be in direct contact with person, ie touching them.

06/25/17 User: Portabella

Is a Stun gun the same as a Taser? I have been Tased multiple locations from my butt to my neck, it never knocked me out. Do they make them stronger these days or something? Now a RACC belt I can see fearing, as it will down you, but I hear often about Stun guns and their effects and I am shocked, they must be higher voltage these days or something. Does anyone know what the odds are of one actually rendering someone incapacitated? IMHO

06/25/17 User: Nick_1

A stun gun and taser are different. A stun gun is reliant upon a, "contact stun," where the current directly strikes the body.

A taser is actually the name of a product. The product is manufactured by Taser International. This is what law enforcement officers carry, predominantly. The taser uses a cartridge style prong delivery mechanism, no contact is needed with the weapon itself.​

ATTENTION WEBSLEUTHS MEMBERS:

Recently a handful of posters has been bickering, going off topic, and in general being a major pain in our moderator’s behinds.

The next person that argues posts something totally off topic or does anything against our terms of service that poster will get a time out and I will keep giving time outs until everyone understands.

This thread is about Yingying and her tragic murder. It is not for you to bicker back and forth about things that have NOTHING to do with Yingying.

If you have a problem with a post, hit the Alert button in the lower left-hand corner and follow the directions. Even if a poster directly calls you out, you need to ignore and alert. Let us handle it.

We do not allow rumors, posts from other forums, or posts from other blogs.

We do allow things relevant to the case to be discussed. Since the Fetlife website is in the affidavit, then we can discuss what this site has to do with the case. Please do not post any pictures or links to the site.

If you see something you don’t like you must alert and then scroll past the problem post.

Finally, our moderator “liltexans” is a fantastic and dedicated moderator. When liltexan speaks, you must listen to her. Show her the respect she deserves as one of our moderators.

You don’t want me to come back to this thread again. I am old, cranky, and I am desperate for a chocolate shake; therefore, I am not in a great mood. Best to listen to liltexan and post without violating our terms of service http://www.websleuths.com/forums/misc.php?do=showrules

Thank you,

Tricia Griffith Owner/Websleuths.com

UPDATE: Police release new details about missing UI scholar

image1.PNG

89416_0611_loca_yingying_zhang.jpg

attachment.php

http://www.news-gazette.com/news/lo...ase-new-details-about-missing-ui-scholar.html

The FBI says it has located the car that a missing Chinese scholar studying at the University of Illinois was last seen getting into earlier this month.

The FBI said in a Tuesday statement that it's received "numerous leads" regarding the black Saturn Astra and won't need any further information on the vehicle. Authorities also said they've developed "several additional leads" in the investigation.

FBI spokesman Brad Ware declined to give further details.

http://abc7chicago.com/news/fbi-locates-car-related-to-missing-chinese-scholar-case/2155842/

On Friday night, a day after hundreds marched in Urbana in support of Yingying Zhang, the FBI announced the arrest of Brendt Christensen, 28, of Champaign, on a federal criminal complaint that charges him with Zhang’s June 9 kidnapping.

Authorities said they think Zhang is no longer alive based on audio FBI agents heard of Christensen, under surveillance Thursday, describing how he kidnapped her and what the bureau described only as “other facts uncovered during the investigation of this matter.”

FBI spokesman Brad Ware said he couldn’t comment on where Zhang might be, saying: “It’s still an ongoing investigation.”

http://www.news-gazette.com/news/lo...ted-ui-scholars-disappearance-fbi-presumes-he

Previous Thread - #3

(Is there a case map someone can please bump? I'm not seeing one in the above quoted opening post. Tia.)

It's really unusual that LE/FBI would try to get him to confess to someone at an event that he'd probably be most likely to NOT say anything incriminating. Sort of tells me they already had a good idea that he was the kind of deranged show-off that would get off on the attention.

It's really unusual that LE/FBI would try to get him to confess to someone at an event that he'd probably be most likely to NOT say anything incriminating. Sort of tells me they already had a good idea that he was the kind of deranged show-off that would get off on the attention.

Could it be that he had already given the woman with him hints of his involvement and she had told, but they needed to hear him say stuff? He looks to me like he thinks that he is the star of the show and YY was the supporting role.

Yes they were pretty clever I think. The event was for Yingying, so she would be the main topic everyone talks about, with little, if any, distractions. They might have thought, let's see what he has to say about her. Can he keep his mouth shut? Or will he let something slip? Apparently he couldn't keep it in. Like you say, deranged show-off, he just had to be the center of attention at her vigil too.

This man is incapable of remorse and true feelings, he disgusts me.

Oh MrsObrien! Those windmill hills in California! I used to drive by those almost every week!

News Gazette article said:
— While under surveillance during a Thursday vigil for Ms. Zhang outside Krannert Center for the Performing Arts, Christensen allegedly explained the “characteristics of an ideal victim.”
— He was allegedly captured on an audio recording picking out other potential victims at that same public vigil.
— There also exists audio of Christensen describing how Ms. Zhang fought and resisted when he brought her back to his Champaign apartment.
— He made a threat to the safety of another person to whom he provided incriminating information.

Oh these audios sound good for the DA!!

Poor Yingying.... :rose:

Okay - just read 9 pages (450 posts) from last night.... busy, busy, busy! :bee:

Video of him walking with the woman during the vigil, glances at camera area.
https://youtu.be/My3lAXn67CM
[video=youtu;My3lAXn67CM]http://youtu.be/My3lAXn67CM[/video]
SPELLBOUND I thought I could wait until I read all the posts... have been trying to catch up for the last 9 hours! (Hub wanted a meal that wasn't frozen, I guess 2 weeks of me sleuthing has been tough on him) I slowed down the video, re-played, enlarged and SON-OF-A-GUN at 41 seconds his full left hand swings into view. And he is wearing his wedding ring!!
His narcissist rage has been quelled.....and he is back-on-top. Walking among the woebegone members of the college community, thinking he has bamboozled law enforcement, a new woman on his hip, and already bragging about which ones would be most vulnerable to his next attack.[/]
There is nothing sympathetic about this man......he is the ultimate predator, who just happens to have an interest in physics. If he has mental problems, sad childhood or lactose intolerant....makes no difference to me, he needs to be away from society forever. DP works for me.

The woman at the vigil looks really uncomfortable. Look at her body language. She is stiff and her head seems to be leaning away from his. Also, his arm is around her but she keeps her arms at her sides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree she does look uncomfortable and it seemed strange he kept his arm around her while using one hand to get whatever it was out if his backpack, surely it would have been easier to drop that right arm to reach for the bottle/ phone. Was his arm around her in a threatening way I wonder?

Sent from my Lenovo TB3-710F using Tapatalk

Seems odd that he “bragged” so many details to an informant yet still said nothing about where the body is… surely the informant asked, “…and then, what did you do with her body?” How did he respond, “Sorry babe, I can’t tell you about that part,” or what? So many weird things still unclear in this case…
Did he really take her back to his apt. or is that a lie/fantasy?
Did he kill her very quickly, or was she alive for hours/days?
I tend to agree with those who think he took video of YZ’s end and that’s how LE is so certain of her demise. Did he upload video to any sites (perhaps dark Web)?
Anyone know what sort of access to the Web, if any, BC will have in prison awaiting trial? It’s been such a crucial part of his being & existence… (also wonder if they have him on suicide watch?)
...and curious about any more activity at the abandoned factory today? (or maybe just a red herring)

…just random musings.

I'm having a hard time getting on board with this. If this was filmed by the FBI, why would it be released? I mean, it's possible that there were fake news crews there specifically to surveil him, but it doesn't make sense that this specific camera person was one of the fakes. If so, this would be held as evidence of the investigation, not released to youtube or wherever.

I have searched and searched for something I saw about this but cannot find now. if I recall right, a reporter posted (possibly on FB) that they inadvertently captured the suspect on camera but did not know it was the POI at the time. most of the videos of him at the walk have disappeared, or at least I cannot find them now.

sorry, I have no link, so it may be my own mixed-up remembersnce.

The pic of the person people are trying to see if it's a vest---- I think it's a box sitting on the car trunk. (Or hood. Didn't look that closely).

And Mr. Chinese Sketch Artist needs to get the photo of abby and libbys bridge guy!!!!! Stat!

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

bbm
... and he needs to get the car video from the Missy B. case, I thought! And Ristevski case car videos! What a help that would be!

I have hesitated to link this, as I do not know what it say, being mostly in Chinese. It appears to be a forum? https://kantie.org/topics/huaren/2184524i12.

However, there is enough info in English that made me feel there could be an Asian "fetish" (for lack of a better word). Notice the references made by the wife and a brother (who lives/lived in Taiwan ). Perhaps he felt Asian nationalities would be more submissive.'

As for the demeanor of the woman with him at the Walk, perhaps she was also portraying a more submissive attitude to make him more likely to open up with his comments there.

Just my my thoughts and I may be totally off.

My apologies if this has been discussed at length - but what is the nature of the apartment building? Ground floor access with an outside door? Stairs? I am trying to wrap my head around getting from his car into his apartment in daylight with an unwilling or unconscious YY. Or, in contrast, what would've been convincing enough to make her willing. I can see routes to charming her into the car, but the apartment I'm not so sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper