Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #4 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
[bbm]

good question
whose cell phone was in his backpack? did he go get another one after his was seized?

The things which police took for processing from Christensen around the middle of the month, including the Astra, his cellphone, and household furniture/belongings... is it safe to assume they still possessed these on the day of the vigil (Jun. 28), or would any or all of these things have been returned to him by then?

In the video of him at the vigil, there appears to be a cell phone in his backpack, next to the water bottle, but whether or not it is the same one that was seized is anyone's guess, but I doubt it is. If they found evidence in his Astra, and I would wager that they did, I am sure that it would not have been returned to him. It is probably being held, until trial, as would any other evidence, especially since the car played such an important role in this case. JMO

Sorry, very late to the party.. I tried to catch up as much as I could since being on vacation. According to his Facebook page, his vehicle he purchased last year posted May 6, 2016 is not the same car that picked her up. What is the back story to how he got that car.. thanks

I had the same thought earlier and posted about it, but there's another picture on his facebook of him and the woman who appears to be his wife in front of the Astra. They likely had two cars.

http://www.news-gazette.com/news/local/2017-07-09/attorneys-accused.html

“Christensen called their law offices even before he was arrested, after authorities seized his car, Bruno said.”
CHAMBANA From earlier posts, I know you are geographically closer to this case, than most. So, I really go over every word of your posts, NEVER to disagree but only to understand the local mood. Of course I am shocked BC called any attorney. In the interview, the attorney states he does a lot of work for UIUC students.
http://www.news-gazette.com/news/local/2017-07-09/attorneys-accused.html
"A lot of legal business for the Brunos has come from UI students who have made "some horrific mistakes in judgment," Tom Bruno said. (I wish they would also mention, these "students" are ADULTS. ) And, of course....
"You'd better share this with your parents," he tells those clients. "They will love you unconditionally, and you will need their support." .....I wonder if BC did heed his attorney's sage advice and decide to call his parents on his new cell phone, and give a cursory explanation of why he might not be in touch for a while? Spousal exemption does not extend to a parent.....hmmm. I've always said, "You might be on the FBI's most wanted list, but your Mama always knows where you are." Might as well throw that into the mix, too. (Just thinking...out loud, but I don't think you need a "wire tap warrant to over hear a cell phone conversation."
***Thanks to NICK_1 for links to "sting ray"***
http://gizmodo.com/fbi-says-it-doesnt-need-a-warrant-to-listen-in-on-phone-1677609130

My husband says it wouldn't be obvious to him that BC works out. (He works out at the same gym as BC and comes in at the same time every morning.) My husband's arms are 3 times the size of BC's.

Thank you for the tip!! Did your husband notice anything different about him? Demeanor, interaction, etc.? Did he see him at all on Sat/Sunday June 10/11? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for the tip!! Did your husband notice anything different about him? Demeanor, interaction, etc.? Did he see him at all on Sat/Sunday June 10/11? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually, he said he was the exact same. Like nothing happened at all. He never did talk much, but my husband chatted with him a few times. <modsnip>

ETA: My hubs doesn't normally go on the weekends, but he has a couple of times. l will ask him when he gets home from work!

I know that several of the locals following here claim to know BC, at least peripherally, but has anyone actually been verified as an insider on this thread yet?

l don't personally know him. My husband just worked out at the same gym at the same time as him every morning. He has only briefly spoken to him. lf l still need to be verified, l will do so.

My husband says it wouldn't be obvious to him that BC works out. (He works out at the same gym as BC and comes in at the same time every morning.) My husband's arms are 3 times the size of BC's.

Weird, as BC was reported to do a lot of weight lifting. :thinking:

l don't personally know him. My husband just worked out at the same gym at the same time as him every morning. He has only briefly spoken to him. lf l still need to be verified, l will do so.

I think you probably don't need to be verified, and I appreciate your thoughts.. My understanding is that verification is for people who actually know the suspect or some of the named players in a case pretty well. Wasn't sure if we had any locals that fit that bill in here yet or not.

Weird, as BC was reported to do a lot of weight lifting. :thinking:

He worked out. Just not a super muscular guy. My husband and his friends do very heavy weightlifting, but my husband says their group does much lighter lifting.

agreed...if he's working out everyday, he must be doing it for strength and fitness not necessary for bigger muscles...I'm willing to bet even though he's not that built, that he's very strong.

Really? Wow. I noticed those arms immediately. Gave me the impression he could have broken a woman that size like a toothpick.

Wow, your husband and another poster here, what are the chances? How big is this class??

He worked out. Just not a super muscular guy. My husband and his friends do very heavy weightlifting, but my husband says their group does much lighter lifting.

I believe it. As a woman, I work out an hour each day and I'm not muscular nor do I want to be. There's other women at the gym who are very muscular but they are there at least 5-6 hours a day and do heavy weights. As you said it all depends on how heavy the weights are. Thanks for being here! I love reading the insights of the locals. :)

BC may not have been that serious about weights. At my gym there's men who scope out women and spend a lot of the time chatting or just sitting on the machines and texting/doing FB or whatever. I always have to ask them if they can work me in or are they done please? And there's the men truly serious about weights.

Wow, your husband and another poster here, what are the chances? How big is this class??
There are classes in the morning (like bodypump, bodyflow, yoga, etc) but the people from the gym that are acquainted with BC mainly just lift weights. It's a small-ish area so you're working out right next to another person a lot of the time.

Well, Loremipsum and Ghoulina25, meet each other!

I believe it. As a woman, I work out an hour each day and I'm not muscular nor do I want to be. There's other women at the gym who are very muscular but they are there at least 5-6 hours a day and do heavy weights. As you said it all depends on how heavy the weights are. Thanks for being here! I love reading the insights of the locals. :)

BC may not have been that serious about weights. At my gym there's men who scope out women and spend a lot of the time chatting or just sitting on the machines and texting/doing FB or whatever. I always have to ask them if they can work me in or are they done please? And there's the men truly serious about weights.

Exactly! My husband is one of those that is very serious about weightlifting.

Sorry for reposting this, but this seems to be a good moment to do it: from BC's Facebook (could be his motive for working out?)---I'm curious whether the words are his own or he copied the whole thing somewhere:

attachment.php

Attachments

• 6Hi05S2.jpg
    6Hi05S2.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 289
I think you probably don't need to be verified, and I appreciate your thoughts.. My understanding is that verification is for people who actually know the suspect or some of the named players in a case pretty well. Wasn't sure if we had any locals that fit that bill in here yet or not.

You are correct. We do not have any VIs in this case at this time.

Friendly reminder that discussing anyone except BC is still off limits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lesleigh719