Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #4 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for reposting this, but this seems to be a good moment to do it: from BC's Facebook (could be his motive for working out?)---I'm curious whether the words are his own or he copied the whole thing somewhere:

attachment.php
That is an Arnold Schwarzenegger quote. He is still very popular in the weightlifting world. So, I assume BC liked this picture/quote as weight lifting motivation?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

There are classes in the morning (like bodypump, bodyflow, yoga, etc) but the people from the gym that are acquainted with BC mainly just lift weights. It's a small-ish area so you're working out right next to another person a lot of the time.

9794be88881475723017fa9313c263fa.jpg

Is this a picture you took? Or is it from an outside source? If it's from an outside source, we need a link. If it's your personal photo, I suggest watermarking it as the media has already grabbed mrsobrien's work without giving her or WS credit.

That is an Arnold Schwarzenegger quote.

I see, thanks!

My Chinese acquaintance showed me a Chinese web page and said the article mentioned that at the first hearing when 3 caucasians showed up there was a commotion, and people assumed they were BC's parents and wife, but unconfirmed. Google translation:
[FONT=&amp]During the hearing, three white men entered the court, and the scene caused a stir.[/FONT][FONT=&amp]There are rumors that the three are suspects for the father and wife, but have not yet been confirmed.[/FONT][FONT=&amp]Suspect suspects parents of a man and a woman looked very serious, and suspected suspect wife of the woman is the bulk of the hair, facial stiffness, the whole did not say a word.[/FONT]

Original website: http://m.bcbay.com/news/2017/07/03/504874.html

Mod: not sure if this is allowed, if not, please feel free to delete.

Given his interests in entertainment & Asian culture, do we know if BC, in addition to his weight-training, practiced any specific martial arts?

This would be a violation of the commerce clause and is largely thought to be unconstitutional. That's why prosecutors won't use this as a reason for federal charges at least in taking them to court. You won't find one kidnapping case that went to federal court using the "offender-use" provision of this law.

I wrote alot about this earlier in the thread and at the end of the last. I agree- to give federal jxn here would be overstepping it beyond what any caselaw says. You can get interstate commerce however through the phone, internet in cases where someone is enticed online. The part of interstate commerce was added to the kidnapping statute in 2006 when they realized they had all these cases of adults luring minors online to kidnap that but because the conduct occurred almost all instate, it did not technically fit under the federal kidnapping law. So they added the clause about interstate commerce to make sure enticement to minors counts as kidnapping. There's a constitutional argument to make if there is some evidence he used the internet to entice her to kidnap but I don't think there will be any evidence of any pre-abduction contact he had with her over the internet.

Feds could argue that it should be expanded to cover situations where you are merely using the internet or phone to plan a crime. To cover that situation would be to obliterate the commerce clause I think, so any legal argument would likely to be tied up for years in litigation. I would wager at least half of all murderers use the internet to help them plan a crime so everyone would be covered. and we would see many cases of child kidnappers getting the death penalty under federal law. Instead we rarely see kidnapping cases ending in murder in fed court.

In most cases, when they don't have a body, they can charge him under the federal kidnapping law which has a 24 hour presumption that if person is not back you took them over state lines. You always want to get the feds involved in kidnapping cases because they have more resources and it is quite easy to cross state lines.

This case is unlikely to stay in federal court if they find a body. The only reason it would stay is if feds want to go over death penalty since kidnapping ending in a death is a death penalty crime under federal law but there is no state law penalty for murder in Illinois. If he was tried in fed courts and he got death this case will drag on for 20 years with all the legal issues and I think he would have a decent argument that it would be wrong to use federal law to do what the state would not otherwise do.

They likely will keep it in fed court however for near term because of publicity (want to show chinese they got the feds behind them) plus the threat of the death penalty could scare him. He seems like he has a decent lawyer so i'm sure his lawyer knows that hanging death over him is a poor legal argument but it may nevertheless bear some fruit. They want to find the body and that's the only leverage they have.

The only cases i found where there was a murder tried in federal court were ones where the body was found in another state, on federal law or on a military base. I found no case where they used the federal kidnapping statute to cover the non-enticement over the internet abduction of an adult.

That is an Arnold Schwarzenegger quote. He is still very popular in the weightlifting world. So, I assume BC liked this picture/quote as weight lifting motivation?

Arnold was a known anabolic steroid user (led to his heart surgery) . Could BC been using Anabolic steroids? When using Anabolic steroids you don't have to lift for hours, to get the look they automatically build muscle and strength with out killing yourself at the gym, that's the beauty of the steroids.

Side effects:
Brain:

[FONT=&amp]Studies have shown a pattern between high testosterone levels and aggressive behaviour, which is often seen as the users involved in violent acts. Often steroids have been used as an excuse for a person’s aggressive behaviour. High dose users have also been affected with psychotic syndromes and a high level of anxiety. Other effects that appear are, sleep disturbances, feelings of euphoria, high levels of paranoia, various stages of depression, with some users suffering extreme mood swings, and also changes in their personality. A large number of users become dependant on steroid use which then can lead to addiction.

https://www.muscleandstrength.com/articles/steroids-and-their-harmful-side-effects.html
[/FONT]

[video=twitter;884549924007813121]https://twitter.com/find_yingying/status/884549924007813121[/video]

University of Illinois increasing security on campus following kidnapping

Police say a camera installed above a bus stop was instrumental in capturing video of student Yingying Zhang getting into suspect Brendt Christensen's black car. Without it, the FBI wouldn't have had the information that ultimately led to Christensen's arrest.

But because that camera was outdated, providing a foggy image, investigators say the search for the car took longer than it had to. School officials say they're working to change that.

"We already are buying more security cameras and replacing some of the older ones," a school official explained Thursday. "This camera caught the car, but when we tried to enhance the image to see the license plate number the resolution wasn't high enough to do that."

The first reason is that it was determined to be a kidnapping. That makes it a federal case, hence the FBI involvement.

Yes, her being a foreign national has nothing to do with why the FBI was involved. It may count for optics with the Chinese but in any kidnapping cases, because of the 24 hour presumption, you can presume that any federal kidnapping involves out of state conduct unless rebutted. As I write above, his lawyers has a strong argument to argue that it should not be in federal court unless there is more direct evidence of interstate conduct (beyond just using the internet- that's not enough - or buying a car in another state- that argument makes the state look stupid- everyone buys cars out of state nowadays as hardly any cars are manufactured in the same state where you live unless you live in MI, TN, OH, or AL!)

Arnold was a known anabolic steroid user (led to his heart surgery) . Could BC been using Anabolic steroids?

Side effects:
[h=3]Brain:[/h][FONT=&quot]Studies have shown a pattern between high testosterone levels and aggressive behaviour, which is often seen as the users involved in violent acts. Often steroids have been used as an excuse for a person’s aggressive behaviour. High dose users have also been affected with psychotic syndromes and a high level of anxiety. Other effects that appear are, sleep disturbances, feelings of euphoria, high levels of paranoia, various stages of depression, with some users suffering extreme mood swings, and also changes in their personality. A large number of users become dependant on steroid use which then can lead to addiction.

https://www.muscleandstrength.com/articles/steroids-and-their-harmful-side-effects.html
[/FONT]
I wouldn't rule out other supplements that may have messed with him a bit, but I don't think he would have been on anabolic steroids. His physique has not changed in the past couple of years. Someone (successfully) using steroids will have a noticeable gains.

Really? Wow. I noticed those arms immediately. Gave me the impression he could have broken a woman that size like a toothpick.

Is this the photo you saw? Because that's the one where I thought, wow he has BIG arms! Looking more closely now though, it could have been only due to the angle of the camera.

brendt.jpg

I think the photo was on his fb page originally, but I took it from here:
http://heavy.com/news/2017/06/brendt-christensen-yingying-zhang-brent-facebook-photos-suspect/

Is this the photo you saw? Because that's the one where I thought, wow he has BIG arms! Looking more closely now though, it could have been only due to the angle of the camera.

View attachment 119751

http://heavy.com/news/2017/06/brendt-christensen-yingying-zhang-brent-facebook-photos-suspect/

That's definitely the photo that made me think he had big arms... but when I go and look at the video of him at the vigil, he doesn't look remarkable to me in anyway -- not remarkably fit, nor remarkably large. I have no doubt he was in good shape, but he looks like an average, pasty, dweeby, slightly creepy grad student (the world is full of them).

When I saw the video of him at the rally from behind, it looks like he has a chunky butt. JMO

Yes, her being a foreign national has nothing to do with why the FBI was involved. It may count for optics with the Chinese but in any kidnapping cases, because of the 24 hour presumption, you can presume that any federal kidnapping involves out of state conduct unless rebutted. As I write above, his lawyers has a strong argument to argue that it should not be in federal court unless there is more direct evidence of interstate conduct (beyond just using the internet- that's not enough - or buying a car in another state- that argument makes the state look stupid- everyone buys cars out of state nowadays as hardly any cars are manufactured in the same state where you live unless you live in MI, TN, OH, or AL!)

All of the following are from the criminal complaint, which I highly recommend everyone read as it answers many of your questions and settles many of these arguments.

The forensic evaluation of the SUBJECT PHONE indicated, in part, that on or about April 19, 2017, the user of the SUBJECT PHONE visited a forum on the website FetLife entitled, "Abduction 101," to include sub-threads "Perfect abduction fantasy" and "planning a kidnapping." This phone, a means, facility, and instrumentality of Interstate Commerce, was therefore used in committing and in furtherance of this offense.

Based on review of the video footage of the SUBJECT VEHICLE by law enforcement, the SUBJECT VEHICLE was determined to be a Saturn Astra, a means, facility, and instrumentality of Interstate Commerce, which was sold in the United States during 2008 and 2009. The SUBJECT VEHICLE was manufactured outside the State of Illinois, and was used in committing and in furtherance of the commission of this offense.

You might want to call the FBI and tell them their argument makes the state look stupid, because that was literally their argument.

That's definitely the photo that made me think he had big arms... but when I go and look at the video of him at the vigil, he doesn't look remarkable to me in anyway -- not remarkably fit, nor remarkably large. I have no doubt he was in good shape, but he looks like an average, pasty, dweeby, slightly creepy grad student (the world is full of them).
His arms are solid. He could easily overpower someone YZ's size with his size and strength. But his physique is not like that of other 5am'ers who have been lifting for years. He was no Arnold.

View attachment 119751

Yeah, keeping in mind that the heaviest thing I am lifting is a cold beer, that photo does make him look like he has big arms to me. Maybe that is why he had it on his FB. I agree though, seeing him at the vigil, he really doesn't look big at all, although compared to Yingying, I still believe he is bigger and stronger enough probably to physically restrain her with relative ease. But having said that, I always think back to poor sweet Mickey Shunick, the tiny young woman who died, but damn nearly killed her SOB murderer in the process, making him seek medical help, which helped give his identity away, saving who knows how many untold other women in the process.

Lol. BC fits into all the before categories. He worked out every morning but he didn't seem to have a workout plan nor eating plan that would be conducive to him gaining size or becoming lean.

I assume he was there to relieve stress and maintain strength.

Yeah, if he was using steroids there would be much more noticeable gains. JMO.

In this pic (taken from DailyMail) he just looks like a fit guy who lifts but not seriously. But yes I agree he could have easily overpowered YingYing. I don't think that's in question.

41FACCE500000578-0-Brendt_Christensen-m-101_1499054444588.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member