Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #4 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So this tells me that the women at the march was wired, or the FBI had audio enhancement and heard him telling her at the march? May it's hard for me to believe that this is his first time doing something horrific. That look on his face and going to the vigil and pointing out to his dad who would be a good victim is really sociopathic.

bbm - To his dad? Whose dad? I did not read this anywhere. Do you have link for this info? TIA!

Why do y'all think the FBI waited a full day from gathering the audio evidence to arrest him? My first inclination is to think, wow they put that poor girl in danger. Probably not because I'm sure they had eyes and ears everywhere. But still, what could the reasoning be in waiting for the arrest?

Maybe they legally had to obtain a warrant for his arrest.

Why do y'all think the FBI waited a full day from gathering the audio evidence to arrest him? My first inclination is to think, wow they put that poor girl in danger. Probably not because I'm sure they had eyes and ears everywhere. But still, what could the reasoning be in waiting for the arrest?

Could be any number or reasons. Could have been waiting for him to say a specific thing (I'm sure not everything has been released to the media), could have had to cut through some red tape, could have wanted to make sure he wasn't armed/dangerous. Any answer we have would just be speculation.

I am very familiar with the area around Stonegate as I live nearby and drive past it frequently. There are a BUNCH of places to hide a body within 200 yards of the apartment. There is a lake across the street, train tracks with thick brush around them and vacant lots. I wouldn't risk being seen in the cement plant.

You would hope that they did not let her go home with him, especially as it seems that he threatened her. Maybe LE were in the apartment next door that has recently had tenants move in.

They could have been waiting for clues to where and whether Yingying was alive. When they heard him threaten someone, they were obliged to act and arrested him.

So this tells me that the women at the march was wired, or the FBI had audio enhancement and heard him telling her at the march? May it's hard for me to believe that this is his first time doing something horrific. That look on his face and going to the vigil and pointing out to his dad who would be a good victim is really sociopathic.

His dad? What did I miss? His dad was there? Im still catching up.

what do you mean "pointing out to his dad?

I find it interesting that just after BC turns his head to look at the camera, the woman also briefly looks that way, as if she is wary of exactly what prompted him to turn his head.

Prior to the vigil where the FBI seems to imply they recorded audio, they had possession of his phone. Could they have loaded software on his phone that made the mic live and transmit? Maybe via Bluetooth? There may not have been anyone other than the accused who was wired.

Thats a distinct possibility too.

I am pretty sure the FBI could have software like that where the phone would not even have to be on to transmit. If they had access to his phone and gave it back to him then its possible they installed a secret app like that.

One thing that makes me lean towards the girl being wired is she sure does look uncomfortable to me as others have pointed out.

There, Freres said, Christensen was heard describing the characteristics of his "ideal victim" and identified people among the crowd who fit that description. Freres did not offer details of how prosecutors obtained a recording of Christensen, nor did he play any recording during the hearing.

Additionally, Freres said Christensen was heard describing how Zhang fought and resisted him while he held her against her will, and threatening someone close to the case. Freres did not specify whom Christensen threatened or what the substance of the threat was.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...scholar-detention-hearing-20170705-story.html

BBM
Can you just imagine the content of a threat from someone who fetishizes fear, mind f's, and Predator/Prey?

That poor thing.

I find it interesting that just after BC turns his head to look at the camera, the woman also briefly looks that way, as if she is wary of exactly what prompted him to turn his head.
Her body language looks insecure, aware, and nervous. I'm putting my bet on the fact that she knew BC was being watched, and that she was being watched along with him.

I would assume that she was whisked away after the vigil (unseen by him or anybody of course) until the arrest was made. It could have led to another tragedy if they had not protected her after he threatened her. I also can't imagine that she would have wanted to go back to his apartment after what she just heard. She already looked beaten at the vigil, I admire her for keeping it together.

She does the same with the water bottle/phone whichever it was that he pulled out. She's very aware of what's happening.

As for getting wired in the bathroom, that could be. Or she really had to use the lavatory. :lol:

I'm really interested to see what comes of his female guest at the vigil. Accomplice turned informant, or informant from the beginning?

bbm - To his dad? Whose dad? I did not read this anywhere. Do you have link for this info? TIA!

Wow not sure why I wrote that. I meant that he was talking to the girl there about who ideal victims would be.

Looks like blue bullet proof vest to me, but hard to tell from a distance. I can safely guess that it was not a sweater vest, given the temps in the MW this time of year.

What is this in reference to?

PS No such thing as a bulletproof vest, only ballistic vests :)

I'm really interested to see what comes of his female guest at the vigil. Accomplice turned informant, or informant from the beginning?

I am reluctant to believe that the crime (or at least the abduction) was committed with an accomplice. The other UICU female student who was approached by a man a few days prior in a black sedan, attempting to lure her into the car by pretending to be a police officer seems awfully close to what YYZ may have experienced. In that case, she did not mention any accomplice, female or otherwise.

EDIT: Of course, this is operating under the assumption that the two cases are linked at all. Police, at this point, have provided no comment.

Now that his DNA and fingerprints are in the system, if BC has committed other crimes we might see more charges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alwaysseeking