Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #4 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If BC had an accomplice I would think they would have been arrested by now.

Thats a distinct possibility too.

I am pretty sure the FBI could have software like that where the phone would not even have to be on to transmit. If they had access to his phone and gave it back to him then its possible they installed a secret app like that.

One thing that makes me lean towards the girl being wired is she sure does look uncomfortable to me as others have pointed out.

Said this a few days ago in an earlier thread, I'll repeat it.

Google Stingray, if you feel so inclined.

I am unsure if it is still widely used. It used to be a pretty common tool. I have no clue if it was used in this case.

- Nick

Now that his DNA and fingerprints are in the system, if BC has committed other crimes we might see more charges.

IMO, there may be some women come forward now with date rape experiences. The most under reported rape of all.

I would assume that she was whisked away after the vigil (unseen by him or anybody of course) until the arrest was made. It could have led to another tragedy if they had not protected her after he threatened her. I also can't imagine that she would have wanted to go back to his apartment after what she just heard. She already looked beaten at the vigil, I admire her for keeping it together.

She may not have been the one he threatened, or not at the vigil at least. This guy is talking about who would make a good victim, has been questioned twice, had his car impounded and maybe she confronts him later that evening. In that conversation, he threatens her. Didn't someone also go to the police and tell them that they were threatened? Was the threat recorded?

I agree. I believe he acted alone. I have to modify my theory a bit though. I initially thought he would have bragged to a party he thought would be turned on by his actions. Now, I believe he bragged in order to terrorize and control.

Unless she helped with the surveillance. I mean someone who's on his apartment lease gave the green light to search and seize the apartment without a warrant right after the recorded confession when they took him to headquarters to question.

It's the stuff of horror fiction....the fact that this man would not fall apart after having turned fantasy into actuality, realizing what he'd done after the fact. Instead he goes to the vigil, arrogant and cocky, pointing out "ideal victims"....no nervousness, remorse, fear....the callousness is monumental and horrific.

I agree. I believe he acted alone. I have to modify my theory a bit though. I initially thought he would have bragged to a party he thought would be turned on by his actions. Now, I believe he bragged in order to terrorize and control.
What if he was regretting what he did (not out of sympathy for the victim but fear of getting caught) and was discussing what he did for advice how to evade LE, what excuse to give for the recording of picking her up etc since after he was apprehended the second time suddenly he comes clean about some of the facts. The person could have been instructed to convince him into coming clean "you can trust me, did you really pick her up, what happened? Don't you think LE will be suspicious if you don't admit you picked her up the next time they question you?"

She may not have been the one he threatened, or not at the vigil at least. This guy is talking about who would make a good victim, has been questioned twice, had his car impounded and maybe she confronts him later that evening. In that conversation, he threatens her. Didn't someone also go to the police and tell them that they were threatened? Was the threat recorded?

I haven't heard of anyone else being threatened.

This article implies the threat took place at the vigil. Jmo though!

Her body language looks insecure, aware, and nervous. I'm putting my bet on the fact that she knew BC was being watched, and that she was being watched along with him.

And she seems to have her hand firmly on her purse. If she is indeed the witness who helped record these statements, she most definitely isn't wearing an old-fashioned wire on her body. Definitely not with his hands all over her. It would be a recording device, in her handbag.

Someone up above mentioned she may be a submissive. That's possible.

<mod snip>

After seeing all of this footage from the vigil with BC in them, I'm starting to think word may have already traveled about BC's involvement. Specifically, the news crews catching so much footage with so many others in attendance. Of course it could be just coincidence due to the amount of footage taken.

I also think the woman with BC at the vigil was probably on high alert and him reaching for something probably set her off. If I knew I was in a near strangle hold by a kidnapper/murderer, any extra movement would have me jumping out of my skin.

I'm glad he's rotting behind bars.

What if he was regretting what he did (not out of sympathy for the victim but fear of getting caught) and was discussing what he did for advice how to evade LE, what excuse to give for the recording of picking her up etc since after he was apprehended the second time suddenly he comes clean about some of the facts. The person could have been instructed to convince him into coming clean "you can trust me, did you really pick her up, what happened? Don't you think LE will be suspicious if you don't admit you picked her up the next time they question you?"

Given what we know of him, I can't see BC confiding in or asking advice from anyone, least of all a female. His "role" is Dominant, controlling, fear mongering, and owning women. He'd not expose weakness to her, imo.

Post 3 on page 1 of this thread lists some of the many things he checked off as being into.

I have to wonder if he intended on capturing a victim to keep them alive as a sex slave because there is almost a patterned theme to some of the things.

"Is looking for a relationship, and ....snipped for focus.......a sub, a slave.
Giving Master/slave
Submissive/slaves

Predicament bondage
Watching others wear chains
Watching others wear shackles

Giving behavior modification"

Its a scary thought but if that was his intent then it could be where he took her was a place he had pre-arranged to hold her.

If she struggled and fought him then she likely didnt make it past the first hour of him taking her but it still could be where he took her even if he killed her right away.

Given what we know of him, I can't see BC confiding in or asking advice from anyone, least of all a female. His "role" is Dominant, controlling, fear mongering, and owning women. He'd not expose weakness to her, imo.
Well, he's been going to the gym for many years at 5am every morning with another woman, both of them wear black. I would imagine she is his roommate unless they meet up in separate cars. If in all those years he didn't confide in her I don't see how a woman would stick around. He may have been a gentleman to her but acted out his crazy fantasies with YY. Plus if they had an open relationship as he advertises on Okcupid he may have felt comfortable sharing intimate and personal details with her without feeling judged or having to keep secrets especially if she was wearing wires and prompted to get info out of him from FBI level experienced people with techniques that work.

Notice the camera was moving along with him as he passed.

Somone operating that camera was interested in him when he passed. Wonder if the FBI maybe had people disguised as news crews there to cover the vigil. Cameraman was sure interested in him as he passed because they turned the camera along with him as he went by.

I haven't watched the footage extensively but my thought was cameraman almost certainly knew he was a suspect. This was right before he was arrested, he had been questioned multiple times and his car had been taken.

There are so many people involved in these investigations, big things like that don't stay secret. The FBI officials won't talk, but a lot of people down the local LE chain and beyond will and it stays unpublished. In my experience, by this vigil we (news) usually would already know who he was and gathered all the background we could.

However, the revelation after the fact that he was at the vigil wasn't pointed out by a local news org., was it? And it came in a second wave later after the arrests stories. If a station at the vigil had known, this would be HUGE for online revenue and hits and they'd have been chomping at the bit to release it as soon as he was arrested and named publicly.

So I think it was coincidental, and we're trained to show a variety of races at events. He and the date were probably focused on a bit and chosen in the footage because they were white in a sea of many Asians.

Well, he's been going to the gym for many years at 5am every morning with another woman, both of them wear black. I would imagine she is his roommate unless they meet up in separate cars. If in all those years he didn't confide in her I don't see how a woman would stick around. He may have been a gentleman to her but acted out his crazy fantasies with YY.

MAYBE this person is a relatively new addition and had no idea that he was taking a fantasy lifestyle literally.

I haven't watched the footage extensively but my thought was cameraman almost certainly knew he was a suspect. This was right before he was arrested, he had been questioned multiple times and his car had been taken.

There are so many people involved in these investigations, big things like that don't stay secret. The FBI officials won't talk, but a lot of people down the local LE chain and beyond will and it stays unpublished. In my experience, by this vigil we (news) usually would already know who he was and gathered all the background we could.

However, the revelation after the fact that he was at the vigil wasn't pointed out by a local news org., was it? And it came in a second wave later after the arrests stories. If a station at the vigil had known, this would be HUGE for online revenue and hits and they'd have been chomping at the bit to release it as soon as he was arrested and named publicly.

So I think it was coincidental, and we're trained to show a variety of races at events. He and the date were probably focused on a bit and chosen in the footage because they were white in a sea of many Asians.
Sometimes media are instructed not to release certain info under investigation which might leak by the general public. For example i post in another thread on this website and discuss an event important to the crime where one of the members saw a bunch of reporters at as it was local to her yet for almost a week now we are surprised it has not been reported in the news for this high profile case at all. Likely LE advised the media not to. They don't report whatever they want for clicks and revenue. The media is extremely controlled as far as what it releases en mass same story by all the outlets in case you haven't noticed.

I also don't think he had an accomplice but if he had, maybe they have not yet been arrested because they are also being watched in the hopes that they somehow lead LE to YingYing.

Unless she helped with the surveillance. I mean someone who's on his apartment lease gave the green light to search and seize the apartment without a warrant right after the recorded confession when they took him to headquarters to question.

While I could understand a reduced sentence or a reduced charges, I think it's unlikely an accomplice could completely escape prosecution for aiding in BC's apprehension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alwaysseeking