Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #5 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe BC would have wanted to incapcitate to the point of unconsciousness. He would want that physical and psychological struggle to be a part of it. He wanted to be bold - kidnap in middle of the day right next to a busy street, attending her walk, bragging about it and how easy it would be for him to do it again...

I don't think at any point until her (maybe even accidental?) death she was unconscious. For him, there would be no fun/excitement in that.

Perhaps look into kink toys that he could have utilized instead of hard to come by and dangerous chemicals.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Crime Stoppers has been very clear that the reward money is coming from the family and that the family is dictating that effort. They are just the conduit. Which I believe is a unique position for them. They are getting publicity for their service and how it works so they may get more tips in the future on other cases now that that is more publicly been explained. And I don't think they necessarily know anymore than any other non law enforcement party. So while they may be indulging the family's wishes on increasing and continuing the reward for information... I'm not convinced they believe anything will come of it. But there are other benefits as I mentioned and they truly just don't know what helpful information may come in. It's a long shot, but makes sense.

Because they care about what the FAMILY thinks and wants. The priority now and has always been for the family is to bring YY home. I doubt they really have much hope that YY is alive, like you are suggesting calling them delusional. Just because she is no longer alive doesnt mean the family should just give up, stop trying. They live in China, how can they leave a child in a foriegn country? The legal process is second on their minds, finding YY is top priority.

Thanks for your reply. I actually agree with you. I guess my point is to show that for whatever reason CS agrees with the family that finding her is important. If it was as simple as LE must know something we don't or they probably have video evidence that she cannot be recovered, CS would've felt bad for them and recommended grief counseling. But they didn't. They have limited time and resources, other cases to attend to, and they still went through the trouble of a press conference featuring the family, I apologize for not making this more clear in my original post.

The gym is in the basement of the building, main floor is rooms for group classes, and everything else is rental apartments. With the exception of maybe two people, I cant tell you who drives what vehicle even though I see these people in the gym everyday. It's not surprising to me that no one noticed the car - and that's assuming they even drove it there; they may still have that camaro or some other second vehicle. And all that is after I was scrutinizing every black hatchback I saw to see if it was the kidnapping vehicle - I just never saw it there.

And I'd like to dispute the "men are never on their phones at the gym" idea. More than half of people listen to music and may be skipping a song or whatnot, may be consulting a workout plan, may be using a fitness tracker app to keep track of the moves/weight/sets as they do them... my husband texts me back in between sets if I happen to not be there some days. And a lot of people film themselves/friends while setting a new personal record or just to be able to go back and see if your form is good.

BC was weird, IMO. He never made eye contact or talked to anyone at the gym including his wife. He never looked around at other people or the tv's. He would just be staring, despondently almost, at himself in the mirror as he listened to music in between sets. I never saw him smile or show any other emotion; he barely acknowledged other people. Yes, he was a little different. He wore a beanie in the summer while working out for goodness sake (some sarcasm there, but it is kind of an odd thing to do).

There hasn't been many details released. It's frustrating because it gives us sluethers very few concrete facts to speculate upon. But lately we are all as a whole pretty off topic and on petty tangents. Maybe we should start over. Make an up-to-date list of facts. Ask pertinent questions. And try to be productive armchair detectives.

Because we do have the ability to be useful.

Who noticed the cracked hubcap on the car? Pretty sure the police didn't at first. Their reports make it seem as if that is something they didn't catch the first time around. But you guys did. Let's get back to that level of brainstorming.

HA! I NEVER carry a phone into the gym! (I wonder if folks are going to think I'm 'different'?) I MIGHT carry an iPod, but rarely. I want to concentrate on the weights and not music and certainly not texts or phone calls. I usually don't talk to anyone except to work in a set on a bench or station. Most of the guys around me aren't on phones either. But then neither are a lot of the ladies either. The only time I really wish I had something to listen to is when I'm in the pool swimming laps!

Wait, people are talking about BC putting YZ into a bag, even an oversized bag. Just how tall was YZ?

also, assuming that the body was cut up or something, where would he do that without drawing attention?

I think he used a gun in the car and to get her into the apt. I think he bound and gagged her in some Japanese style bondage and assaulted her multiple times. He is a sadist, he gets off on fear, real fear; he gets off on other people's pain, real pain. As far as killing and disposing of her, I think he dismembered her in his bathtub, drove out of town and put her in multiple places. He cleaned everything with bleach. The bleach job caused crazy results on a luminal test which led to law enforcements belief she's dead. He's smart, just not smart enough, and he's bold and a braggart and luckily those things proved to be his undoing...Just my opinion.

I think he used a gun in the car and to get her into the apt. I think he bound and gagged her in some Japanese style bondage and assaulted her multiple times. He is a sadist, he gets off on fear, real fear; he gets off on other people's pain, real pain. As far as killing and disposing of her, I think he dismembered her in his bathtub, drove out of town and put her in multiple places. He cleaned everything with bleach. The bleach job caused crazy results on a luminal test which led to law enforcements belief she's dead. He's smart, just not smart enough, and he's bold and a braggart and luckily those things proved to be his undoing...Just my opinion.

Theres many cracks and crevices in a bathroom that can hide blood droplets and splatter. I assume that's what LE prob found.

i just saw original poster, she was 5'4 and 110, which is not really petite by Asian standards. So you may be right about the bathtub, but not necessarily how he got her in there in the first place.

BBM...I may have just watched too many episodes of CSI or something, but if LE thought, or had reason to believe that YingYing had been dismembered in BC's bathtub, I believe they would have ripped all of the plumbing out to check for body fragments, blood, etc., and I am pretty sure there would still be crime tape sealing the entrance to that apartment. We have heard nothing to indicate that is the case. JMO

BBM...I may have just watched too many episodes of CSI or something, but if LE thought, or had reason to believe that YingYing had been dismembered in BC's bathtub, I believe they would have ripped all of the plumbing out to check for body fragments, blood, etc., and I am pretty sure there would still be crime tape sealing the entrance to that apartment. We have heard nothing to indicate that is the case. JMO

I was just thinking of CSI as well. Love that show!!

IMO I think it's more of film/video evidence they have. :moo:

Is it possible BC uploaded everything to the cloud or Google drive?

I was just thinking of CSI as well. Love that show!!

IMO I think it's more of film/video evidence they have. :moo:

Is it possible BC uploaded everything to the cloud or Google drive?

l agree. lMO video evidence brought them to the conclusion that she is likely deceased. Uploaded to Fetlife or the dark web maybe.

I can see it starting out as a conversation in the car and he says there is a better deal on the apartments in his complex and she might want to check them out. And he might tell her that his wife or girlfriend is there and they can show her their unit quickly. (The only problem with that is she is already late, but if he insists and keeps driving to his unit...who knows.) Once inside his apartment it could have been a gun (fear tactic) or he just simple blitz attacked her. I don't know about the dismemberment. If he planned to kill her from the beginning, maybe. But if something went wrong such as hitting her too hard, I think it is just as likely he rolled her up in something like the shower curtain and took her to a dumpster or to one of the rural areas outside of town. In that last case she might be found when the corn or other crop is harvested or in a wooded area when the quail or rabbit hunting seasons come up. As for evidence at the scene it wouldn't take much and a head wound can bleed quite a bit.

I hadn't thought of them looking in the pipes! True true! I do believe he meant to kill her all along. I think he had been planning this for a while.

Will just remind folks that YY was picked up slightly past 2pm. and at 2:38pm. her potential landlord called but got NO response -- YY seemed very diligent and courteous so I have no doubt she would've returned the call if she could've. Seems clear that in the short span of those 30 mins., at the very least BC had taken her phone and she knew she was in trouble, but more likely, he had incapacitated her, and IF he got her into his apt. she was already at least partially incapacitated.

l agree. lMO video evidence brought them to the conclusion that she is likely deceased. Uploaded to Fetlife or the dark web maybe.

But would they trust video? Hard to determine the absence of vital signs on video I would think, unless dismemberment of some kind was shown and even then it could be photoshopped. I feel like there had to be physical evidence to back something like that up.

But would they trust video? Hard to determine the absence of vital signs on video I would think, unless dismemberment of some kind was shown and even then it could be photoshopped. I feel like there had to be physical evidence to back something like that up.

Maybe the video evidence along with blood evidence or something along those lines? Not sure JMO.

Wow, your theory is so specific with so many details! My mind had gone no further than "killed her quickly and hid her body someplace, maybe closeby, maybe in Wisconsin."

GHOULINA I just saw your post. Amazing. You sure got yourself one seriously strong Honey! Does the gym have any large windows out to the parking lot? Just wondering, when the BOLO went out for the vehicle.... how many people walked by BC's car, never even realizing it was THE car? Or maybe he never even parked it at the gym? Just wondering.....from a "male's" viewpoint as I would be the last person to ask about a vehicle make & model. Also, my hubs said it is strange, to him, that a man would be texting in the gym. He occasionally sees women texting, but that most MEN don't want to lose, damage or get sweat on their phones....and keep them in their gym bags. Wow, when you think about it....a month ago would be almost exactly when the FBI knocked on his front door!! Bet he was really watching his phone then! What are the chances of you narrowing down the exact day the photo was taken? I'm going to guess that is the phone the FBI took...so Monday, June 12th?

My hubs said it is likely the car was there without anyone paying attention. He did mention the camaro. He also says a lot of people are on their phones at the gym. He doesn't typically but his friend does take photos and videos on their super heavy lifting days. He is going to ask his the exact day the photo was taken. l will update!

Maybe someone more connected to LE can answer this for me (just curious):
The police use ‘tracking’ dogs for detecting/following a specific scent, and they use ‘cadaver’ dogs to detect the specific scent of recent death. Are these two separate specialties carried out by different dogs (breeds?) or is a single dog typically trained for both?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Isla_lei