Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #5 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To the legal experts: is there any set of circumstances you could foresee where a plea deal gives perp in this case less than a life term? How much leverage would revealing the location of the body potentially give him? Assuming the same circumstantial evidence that exists now, and separately, assumimg more damning evidence that is basically juryproof?

Wow, your theory is so specific with so many details! My mind had gone no further than "killed her quickly and hid her body someplace, maybe closeby, maybe in Wisconsin."
I watch and read a lot of true crime tv and books and I have an overactive imagination and I'm very interested in the psychology of the people who commit these kinds of crimes. Maybe some day there will be more resources and education in place to stop these type of criminals before some innocent like YZ gets hurt.

Maybe someone more connected to LE can answer this for me (just curious):
The police use ‘tracking’ dogs for detecting/following a specific scent, and they use ‘cadaver’ dogs to detect the specific scent of recent death. Are these two separate specialties carried out by different dogs (breeds?) or is a single dog typically trained for both?

I'm no expert, but what I understand is that cadaver dogs are trained differently than tracking dogs, so I don't think there is necessarily a breed difference (they have to have good noses and be hearty and able to withstand difficult terrain), there is definitely a difference in the training and the stimuli that are used, and the skills that are taught.

Wow, your theory is so specific with so many details! My mind had gone no further than "killed her quickly and hid her body someplace, maybe closeby, maybe in Wisconsin."

Your theory might not be far off either. If he attempted to use quick, brute force to incapacitate her as soon as was in the apartment he might have unintentionally killed her right then. Or she put up more of a fight than he expected and she was killed then. I say unintentionally because even if his plan was to kill her anyway, he may have planned to do it later and not then.

BBM...I may have just watched too many episodes of CSI or something, but if LE thought, or had reason to believe that YingYing had been dismembered in BC's bathtub, I believe they would have ripped all of the plumbing out to check for body fragments, blood, etc., and I am pretty sure there would still be crime tape sealing the entrance to that apartment. We have heard nothing to indicate that is the case. JMO

I agree with you. This is what they did in poor Zahra Baker's case. Even if BC was very thorough in his own bathroom clean up, he could not access the plumbing pipes.

I agree with you. This is what they did in poor Zahra Baker's case. Even if BC was very thorough in his own bathroom clean up, he could not access the plumbing pipes.

Thorough in his bathroom clean-up, or a thoroughly trained "slave" to do this very dirty work???

You would think local Crime Stopper organizations are both busy and more acquainted with LE personnel and procedures than the average WebSleuther. So, here is my question: If this family is in denial or irrationally holding on to hope then: (1) Why would CS agree to up the reward money for tips leading to find Yinying?; (2) Why would CS even take it a step further and put together a press conference featuring the family pleading for tips?

The way this case is discussed here when approached to up the reward money CS should've told the Zhang's to trust LE is doing all they can and cite they have many other cases that need their attention. So, why indulge the parents if they are just deluded? Why go through the trouble of organizing, publicizing, and conducting a press conference if the family is being unreasonable? Wouldn't indulging delirious families harm CS's own reputation with the local press in whom they depend to work other cases?

http://wtax.com/news/101101-zhang-family-members-plead-for-her-whereabouts/

There's a Chinese saying" Live, must see the person, died, must see the corpse", this is very important in Chinese culture. For Yingying's families, I believe that deep in their heart, they understand what the situation is, they are just asking the public to help them locate Yingying's body, but they cannot say it this way, because they don't want to give up the hope, as families, you can never ever give up, even the hope means 0.1% chance.

I can't imagine what they have gone through these days, life must be a living hell for them, it is a torture, when the Salem news came out, many people think they are just being silly to follow the news including me, but we should try to put ourselves in their shoes and understand that, as families, not to say 7 person claimed they've seen Yingying that day, even if one person said that, they have to go and look for her, because they cannot just sit there and wait..., and they don't want to give up on her.

Yingying's families just want to bring her home, no matter a living Yingying or her body, they cannot leave her in a foreign country alone.

Thorough in his bathroom clean-up, or a thoroughly trained "slave" to do this very dirty work???

Can I just ask again please if there is any definite evidence he brought her to his apartment and whether he is leasing a second apartment/lock-up, anywhere else? I wish we knew more..
usually theres much more information forthcoming in US cases..

Don't be niave about him not intending to kill her from the get go. The FBI also knows this, they've seen it before over and over. He's not going to dump her off on campus afterwards to identify him for rape.

So she's 110 pounds? As bad as he is, I don't think he was at the Jeffery Dahmer depraved level yet and doubt she was dismembered. I am a small guy whose muscles have atrophied quite a bit from bouts of ulcerative colitis, yet I can still hoist a big 70 pound box up to shoulder level on a shipping pallet. I have no doubt this guy could handle a 110 pound package to either toss in a dumpster, or burry in the woods. If you've ever seen the movie Drugstore Cowboy based on a true story, Matt Dillon managed to get one of his crew who OD'd on opiates out of a busy motel in a duffelbag into his car and buried her in the woods never to be found.

Can I just ask again please if there is any definite evidence he brought her to his apartment and whether he is leasing a second apartment/lock-up, anywhere else? I wish we knew more..

Although the FBI most likely knows whether YingYing was ever in BC's apartment, all we know at this point is that in the complaint and indictment filed against him, it was stated that he claimed he took her to his apartment and kept her against her will. The FBI did spend at least parts of two days searching, and removing some things, electronics and some furniture, IIRC, from his apartment. If furniture was removed, that seems to maybe indicate, to me anyway, that she was in fact in his apartment at some point, although I still believe if there was evidence she was murdered there, it would be sealed still. JMO

I have wondered if she did freak out in the car like he claims and he punched her in the face/head rendering her unconscious. I also have a strong suspicion he strangled her. It seems like the ultimate power move. I think he would have really enjoyed this from his other likes he listed.

There's a Chinese saying" Live, must see the person, died, must see the corpse", this is very important in Chinese culture. For Yingying's families, I believe that deep in their heart, they understand what the situation is, they are just asking the public to help them locate Yingying's body, but they cannot say it this way, because they don't want to give up the hope, as families, you can never ever give up, even the hope means 0.1% chance.

I can't imagine what they have gone through these days, life must be a living hell for them, it is a torture, when the Salem news came out, many people think they are just being silly to follow the news including me, but we should try to put ourselves in their shoes and understand that, as families, not to say 7 person claimed they've seen Yingying that day, even if one person said that, they have to go and look for her, because they cannot just sit there and wait..., and they don't want to give up on her.

Yingying's families just want to bring her home, no matter a living Yingying or her body, they cannot leave her in a foreign country alone.
This can be applied to all families of missing loved ones. Not unique to any culture. Yes it is even harder when you are from another country, that I'll give you. I don't know how the Holloway's ever left Aruba after Natalee vanished.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Random thought... most apartment leases start/end in August here due to the large student population. I bet their lease is up soon... And I bet they aren't being allowed to resign and/or being evicted. And I bet his roommate wouldn't want to stay there anyway... I wonder if they get evicted if they are still on the hook financially for the remainder of their lease - which could be August 2018 if they already had resigned. And I wonder if the apartment will be re-rented right away assuming the law enforcement have released it. I mean, the apartment company could be giving showings of the apartment to prospective tenants. Or maybe the roommate has it up on Craigslist as a sublet.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I have wondered if she did freak out in the car like he claims and he punched her in the face/head rendering her unconscious. I also have a strong suspicion he strangled her. It seems like the ultimate power move. I think he would have really enjoyed this from his other likes he listed.
I'm not convinced his fet obsession was any more that recreational fantasy-land for him.. No priors.
She did not escape, we know that.
We do not know whether he was acting impulsively, no pre-planning, or whether he meticulously planned it. Creature of habit.
If the former she is probably dead.
If there was a level of pre-planning, it would probably have been meticulous.
I like gun theory
I like sudden rendering unconsciousness theory.. I still dont like brought her home theory though removal of furniture would suggest he did.
I like having a secret place theory for his fantasy world, a place to bring a victim..
This dude is a stone.. like a robot.. lotta bits and pieces rolling around together in his head, incongruent with a spontaneous life force operating freely and in sway..
His body is like his automobile, a machine which he maintains according to set protocols.
But ot the brightest spark in the sky either.
He didn't chuck his phone.
He didn't check for cameras.
He allegedly discussed it.
I'm inclined to dismiss hisfetweb stuff as harmless, maybe totally unrelated to this kidnapping.
'staring at mirror while working out, expressionless..'
autopilot.
Is there anything at all else we know.. he maintained his job satisfactorily, by rote? Possibly not difficult.. he would merely have had to mimic his own teachers.
Physics.. again left brain.. mathematical.. engine..
fetweb- right brain.. creative.. but possibly also automated, mimic..
Any spiritual practice?
Sorry, thinking out loud..
any diaries, manifestos, right wing extremist leanings?
Was he left handed or right handed?
Any political affiliations? Any racism? Any prefs for snuff movies. Any U-tube a/c?

Btw, I jut want to point out another theory. Do you think it's possible that YY knew she couldn't escape and killed herself?

Btw, I jut want to point out another theory. Do you think it's possible that YY knew she couldn't escape and killed herself?
Doubtful. I dont think she would have given up hope that quickly. Sounds like something one might consider if being held for a long time?

There is a possibility that she unintentionally killed herself trying to escape from him.

But BC killing her as part of or due to the extreme execution of his kidnapping/bsdm fetishes seems most likely to me.

One reason I asked earlier about police dogs is because at least one dog was present in pictures when police went to his apt. the night of the arrest, and I wondered if that was a dog sniffing for YY's scent or sniffing for the scent of human death, or both! Anyway, while we don't officially know of YY's presence in the apt. I assume LE DOES (both from the dog & from forensics) and the only reason they made mention of it from his audiotape is that they felt they had confirmed it -- I'm sure there were many details on the audio they HAVEN'T released, but the few things they did publicly release I'm guessing are things they've confirmed.

I'm not convinced his fet obsession was any more that recreational fantasy-land for him.. No priors.
She did not escape, we know that.
We do not know whether he was acting impulsively, no pre-planning, or whether he meticulously planned it. Creature of habit.
If the former she is probably dead.
If there was a level of pre-planning, it would probably have been meticulous.
I like gun theory
I like sudden rendering unconsciousness theory.. I still dont like brought her home theory though removal of furniture would suggest he did.
I like having a secret place theory for his fantasy world, a place to bring a victim..
This dude is a stone.. like a robot.. lotta bits and pieces rolling around together in his head, incongruent with a spontaneous life force operating freely and in sway..
His body is like his automobile, a machine which he maintains according to set protocols.
But ot the brightest spark in the sky either.
He didn't chuck his phone.
He didn't check for cameras.
He allegedly discussed it.
I'm inclined to dismiss hisfetweb stuff as harmless, maybe totally unrelated to this kidnapping.
'staring at mirror while working out, expressionless..'
autopilot.
Is there anything at all else we know.. he maintained his job satisfactorily, by rote? Possibly not difficult.. he would merely have had to mimic his own teachers.
Physics.. again left brain.. mathematical.. engine..
fetweb- right brain.. creative.. but possibly also automated, mimic..
Any spiritual practice?
Sorry, thinking out loud..
any diaries, manifestos, right wing extremist leanings?
Was he left handed or right handed?
Any political affiliations? Any racism? Any prefs for snuff movies. Any U-tube a/c?

All good points.

Doubtful. I dont think she would have given up hope that quickly. Sounds like something one might consider if being held for a long time?

There is a possibility that she unintentionally killed herself trying to escape from him.

But BC killing her as part of or due to the extreme execution of his kidnapping/bsdm fetishes seems most likely to me.

The only reason I mentioned this is due to potential defenses from BC.

none of it looks good, so he may pick the non-murder charges.

That said, it may still be possible she resorted to suicide.

One reason I asked earlier about police dogs is because at least one dog was present in pictures when police went to his apt. the night of the arrest, and I wondered if that was a dog sniffing for YY's scent or sniffing for the scent of human death, or both! Anyway, while we don't officially know of YY's presence in the apt. I assume LE DOES (both from the dog & from forensics) and the only reason they made mention of it from his audiotape is that they felt they had confirmed it -- I'm sure there were many details on the audio they HAVEN'T released, but the few things they did publicly release I'm guessing are things they've confirmed.

[video=twitter;880961172568248321]https://twitter.com/WCIA3Jenn/status/880961172568248321[/video]

Does this dog have a black vest? If so it's likely cadaver. (JMO) I'm no expert either but I have watched a few specials on TV about the dogs being trained differently. Drug sniffing, cadaver, and search and rescue. The search and rescue ones had orange vests usually.

Aren't these dogs simply amazing?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member