Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #5 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t remember if this has already been covered way back, but can any local describe the placement of BC’s apt.?
1) Did he, at the time he might conceivably have held YY (say at most July 9-12), have upstairs and/or side-by-side neighbors (occupied apts. — I believe the upstairs apt. was vacant but soon thereafter got a move-in?)?
2) Was his front door easily viewable from plenty of other apts.? And I assume there was only a front door, no back exit?
3) And does the complex have ‘open’ parking or do residents have assigned spots right in front of their apt.?

Don’t remember if this has already been covered way back, but can any local describe the placement of BC’s apt.?
1) Did he, at the time he might conceivably have held YY (say at most July 9-12), have upstairs and/or side-by-side neighbors (occupied apts. — I believe the upstairs apt. was vacant but soon thereafter got a move-in?
2) Was his front door easily viewable from plenty of other apts.? And I assume there was only a front door, no back exit?
3) And does the complex have ‘open’ parking or do residents have assigned spots right in front of their apt.?

Its online, pics interior exterior etc.. He had The Loft apt.. i had a chat with MrsOBrien about it online in past couple of weeks, I saw it.. Theres also a video on twitter.. I am sorry I cannot link to it right now.Its a building description, rents, no of bedrooms, animal policy, the works.

I had a gamer friend look at the list of games on his steam account. The only game listed that stood out to him was the game, Life is strange. I checked YouTube and there are many videos of this game. Mr. Jefferson is the character that got my attention. BC even looks like him. It shows on steam he only played it for 16.+ hrs. He could possibly have another account with a different name? This Mr. Jefferson character, is a teacher, he injects some of his female students in their neck and it paralalzes them, he rapes them, takes pics of them and eventually kills them. Sick!!

I tried to find BC's "screenshots" on Steam to see which sequences/scenes he liked. I thought a screenshot of a game could have shown some environment where he would have liked YY to hide or another reference point.
I see he made 6 screenshots but I'm unable to find them. :blushing:

My guess is there have been many under the radar searches for YY. It could be they don't want it publicized in fear that someone else may be involved and would move any evidence or body if they thought LE was close to finding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is real interesting.

This is JMO as I dont know anything about this game but I have checked out a lot of the screens and options on some of the screens. You can pull down menus that show comments and some other names he played under.

I am pretty convinced he has had sick obsessions for a long time from just looking at his game screens. He seems into dungeons and binding people.

Also I see some recent comments from other players that called him flat out a murderer so I think they realized who he was after he got arrested.

I think he may have known another language as lots of players in that game knew more than english. I dont know if its chinese or something similar but I do wonder if he was able to communicate in their language somewhat.

It would help if we had an expert in that game take a look at some of the screen options for possible hints as to where he may have taken YingYing.

From what little we can gather I am thinking subterrain and either buried in the ground or left in an abandoned basement building or something similar because of his fondness for dungeons and holding people under bondage.

I also would not put it past him to simply dump her in a trash bin like we previously discussed. He was very calous with little feeling toward a human being. He had no remorse that is for sure.

1) Did he, at the time he might conceivably have held YY (say at most July 9-12), have upstairs and/or side-by-side neighbors (occupied apts. — I believe the upstairs apt. was vacant but soon thereafter got a move-in?)?

There was an upstairs neighbor. I posted the link to the article about interviewing that neighbor a while back (twice), which also showed the door of his apt. That link is no longer working:

http://www.wlox.com/story/35799515/...s-fellow-students-respond-to-his-arrest-in-il

Now, while there is no new info about YY, shouldn't we at least be able to find out about that police impersonator? Could anyone from UIUC find it out for us? What the man looked like, how he was dressed, the car model, etc.?

I had a gamer friend look at the list of games on his steam account. The only game listed that stood out to him was the game, Life is strange. I checked YouTube and there are many videos of this game. Mr. Jefferson is the character that got my attention. BC even looks like him. It shows on steam he only played it for 16.+ hrs. He could possibly have another account with a different name? This Mr. Jefferson character, is a teacher, he injects some of his female students in their neck and it paralalzes them, he rapes them, takes pics of them and eventually kills them. Sick!!

Re BBM
Regarding different accounts or names I found one sreen that showed the different names he played under. I have to assume he may have used these other names in other games as well.

The screen said:
"This user has also played as:"
Akuma
Potatoe of Shame
Not Akuma
Bloodsport
George Washington
Hitler

Re BBM
Regarding different accounts or names I found one sreen that showed the different names he played under. I have to assume he may have used these other names in other games as well.

The screen said:
"This user has also played as:"
Akuma
Potatoe of Shame
Not Akuma
Bloodsport
George Washington
Hitler
I saw that and I was convinced it was the names of other games he played.. I never saw 'as'..
But , as he brought the name Akuma to Fetlife, he used it here first..I wonder....? Is it possible they may produce new maps for us?
Places we never looked..Did he add significant numbers to them..
Its worth a shot looking, I think.. why not/

There was talk about the "impersonator" in the beginning on the U of I police fb page but I've heard nothing more about it.

I'm a local. Ying Ying's disappearance has been the presedence of conversation and no one knows anything new.

I have many friends that work on campus and have asked them if they have any insight. Nothing.

1). I've asked if there was a possibility that she worked in the same area as him and was told no.
2.) There are several small towns surrounding C-U that are bound by corn/bean fields, large forest parks, rivers and lakes within a short driving distance which is maddening because she could be anywhere. My (personal) guess is that is where he took her out of town, then brought her back to the apartment (if he did at all.)

I saw that and I was convinced it was the names of other games he played.. I never saw 'as'..
But , as he brought the name Akuma to Fetlife, he used it here first..I wonder....? Is it possible they may produce new maps for us?
Places we never looked..Did he add significant numbers to them..
Its worth a shot looking, I think.. why not
/

Re BBM
This is a great thought. Perhaps one of those cartoon type maps in the game(s) actually are real maps to real places that he was fond of.

When I have more time I will take another look at the maps he had in those game links and compare it to local maps of the area to see if anything begins to look like an actual map of his area where he lived.

Most of the cartoon type maps had just "dots" or marks but maybe those are key points on a real map. Like ponds or lakes or abandoned buildings.

I love video games but have never got real good with any of the modern ones so I am not sure what some of what we are looking at actually is.
I always got frustrated when trying to play adventure type games and could never get past the 1st level without a monster eating me or something. LOL

I even bought an Xbox at one point and the only game I have for it is the one that came with the Xbox. Call of Duty. Its a great game but I can never get past a couple levels there and am "stuck". Its now a dust collector.
I need my 13 year old neighbor to come over to show me how to get past the level I am stuck on. LOL

I haven't been reading here about this crime but I wonder if I can ask a general question and get an opinion from somebody. When I read this man picked this woman up under the guise of helping her in her distress about an apartment rental and then "dropping her off when she became panicked about a wrong turn" and then, later, the man confesses to taking the woman to his apartment and holding her against her will; it just causes all kinds of doubt to come up for me. Some truth is often mixed in with lies and it seems to me this man may have picked the woman up, felt pressured into killing her as things went from bad to worse and THEN dropped her off. I'm trying to picture how anyone can get an unwilling person into their apartment (as he says he did) without being seen... without someone observing something. She was said to be prudent. I can't see her being tricked into entering that apartment either. I think YZ is probably fairly close by but no longer alive. I wish police would organize a few searches... such as in the Busey Woods Trail area woods (north) or down in some of the thick woodsy areas south of East Windsor Road. I am so often stuck by how close to the original crime scene victims are often dumped yet not found until by chance by kids or hunters, etc. My question: Has anyone else wondered if YZ went no further than from inside his car to a final resting place?

BBM...I have never really given this any thought, but it is certainly possible. I am not completely sold on the idea that BC actually got YingYing into his apartment without being seen by someone, but I always assumed that he took her somewhere and did what he wanted with her before he killed her. I asssumed it would have been somewhere inside a building or house or apartment, (I kinda picture him having a hidden dungeon-type room somewhere), but it very well could have been somewhere outside, and could have been where he ultimately left her, or very close to it. I do not think he killed her in his car though, as IIRC, LE looked at his car initially about three days after her disappearance, but apparently saw nothing initially that indicated a violent crime had been committed there. It was only later that they searched the car well, I believe, and determined that the passenger side door had been excessively cleaned in a seeming attempt to hide or destroy evidence. JMO

Am I the only one that is still wondering if he had an accomplice?

There was talk about the "impersonator" in the beginning on the U of I police fb page but I've heard nothing more about it.

I have many friends that work on campus and have asked them if they have any insight. Nothing.

Can you ask your friends to try to find out more about the police impersonator? Whether he was or looked like BC would be of huge interest!

Am I the only one that is still wondering if he had an accomplice?

If he had an accomplice then it would be quite easy to get YY into his apartment.

On the other hand, the fact that he was bragging about the crime to someone seems to suggest he did it alone.

by the way the game he was playing in the first three screenshots is called 'binding of isaac'

I apologize if anyone has done this already (I couldn't find it), or if it's not allowed (please let me know!) but I thought I'd translate the comments on his images (using Google Translate, but it's better than nothing... I only know Japanese, but I'm clueless with Chinese! lol) Clearly a Chinese speaker could do better, but I'll do my best here. Not all comments are from before his arrest. Warning for profanity

First is this one... from bottom to top (in chronological order)...
* the first either says, "In the end, you're not the rapist, ah?" OR "Big brother, the rapist is you in the end, ah?" [obviously very different meanings... need a Chinese speaker to figure it out I think]; this one was posted on July 6 at 6:29am, interestingly 3 days before YZ went missing.
* the second says just "murder!" in English, posted on July 6 at 9:44am.
* the third says "F... Y" with some emoticon, and the fourth post, by the same user, says, ":) ... Oh, good gas, English is not good, don't know how to curse other than F"; the next post is also by them, "Just go to feces... *******" again with emoticons, which makes it seem to be joking [I assume "go to feces" is a metaphor similar to "go to hell" or "kiss my *advertiser censored*" in Chinese]... these posts were made between 10:02 and 10:14am on July 10, the day after YZ went missing.
* the next two posts, by different people, are in English, "That's Not Cool" and "**** your *advertiser censored*, murderer" made July 13 at 10:57pm and July 14 at 8:12am respectively [note these are still well before he was arrested]
* the last one says "murder" in English followed by "Murderer, look to see, what you see, the mother died". This comment was made July 17 at 1:20pm.

Next, http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=738881192 -- the only comment there says something like "I would like to call you every day" with an emoticon in the middle. The comment was posted at 10:05am on July 10 (I believe I'm seeing these times in EST, as this is my time zone).

Third, http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=742656610
* first post says "Brother kidnapping is not fun" on July 5 at 4:54pm
* second has an emoticon, then "Good gas" [this seems to be a Chinese phrase meaning something is fun?] at 10:04am on July 10.
* third says something like, "Actually, the message wasn't brush burst, not been accused of burst is also powerful. Want to be kidnapped, also safe~" posted at 3:05am on July 13.
* last was "Amitabha, here a tour," posted on July 16 at 9:34pm. A quick google search of Amitabha shows that it's a celestial buddha. I don't know anything about Buddhism so I can't comment further, haha

Fourth, http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=781021094; both comments are in English.

Fifth, http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=882671100, only comment is an emoticon followed by "If the death penalty", posted at 10:04 am on July 10 (I'm noticing a lot of the posts by this user were at 10:04 am and thereabouts)

Sixth and final image, http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=886845005
*first post says "To kill the murderer", posted at 7:13am on July 6.
*second is just an emoticon and "G…H", posted July 10 at 10:03am
*third comment is "Murderer, your mother dead, your dad, you, your mother out of leucorrhea abnormal, your mother tragic death sewer" posted July 17 at 1:18pm [is BC's mom dead or is this just a reference to a game? I'm just wondering because an earlier comment mentioned his mother being dead]
*fourth comment just says "I WILL KILL YOU" with a crow emoji on the left and a knife emoji on the right. Posted on July 17 at 10:41pm.

Just as a disclaimer, I know nothing about the games depicted in the images or whether the comments are about the game or not. Regardless, the content of the comments is interesting (and disturbing IMO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RustyShakes