Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #5 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm afraid that many murderers who plan their crimes in advance believe that the best way to never get caught is to prevent discovery of the body, so that there'll never be the risk of a DNA match. The FBI categorizes murderers as "organized" and "disorganized", and BC seems to me to fit the profile of an organized killer. If so, he would be very careful to dispose of the body where it is very unlikely to be found. Although some bodies are never found in a landfill, there is a considerable risk it could be discovered during the collection process. I also think that leaving the remains anywhere close to his home might be too much of a risk. He had the means to take the remains somewhere far away, so that if she were found a local wouldn't necessarily be suspected.

EDITED to add: the risk in taking the body far away is that your car will be stopped and searched for some reason. It needs a cool head to overcome that fear. So maybe not too far away.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

I'm afraid that many murderers who plan their crimes in advance believe that the best way to never get caught is to prevent discovery of the body, so that there'll never be the risk of a DNA match. The FBI categorizes murderers as "organized" and "disorganized", and BC seems to me to fit the profile of an organized killer. If so, he would be very careful to dispose of the body where it is very unlikely to be found. Although some bodies are never found in a landfill, there is a considerable risk it could be discovered during the collection process. I also think that leaving the remains anywhere close to his home might be too much of a risk. He had the means to take the remains somewhere far away, so that if she were found a local wouldn't necessarily be suspected.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Agree. So hopefully he wasn't organized enough to prevent her DNA from being found in his apartment. <modsnip>

Lori Hacking?

Apology for being off topic, but I just read about that murder on wiki, and it says the husband/murderer was selling stuffs on an online site while in jail??? What kind of freedom do the inmates enjoy???

I think I can ask this question. I know LE searched it and removed some things, but does anyone local know if BC's apartment was ever sealed off with crime tape, or if it may still be?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

misc. thoughts:

If I understand the timeline right, police did not publicly release the black Astra info/video until the afternoon of Monday Jun.12 (after YZ was abducted on Fri. afternoon the 9th) &#8212; so that would be the first time BC suddenly knew he&#8217;d been caught on tape&#8230; I&#8217;ve thought for awhile he either killed her within a couple of hours, or else killed her after panicking once he realized he&#8217;d been caught on tape, which would be Monday, at which point he would want to quickly, cleanly dispose of the body (probably from his Camaro, since people would be looking for Astras -- do we know if police also impounded the Camaro... surely they must've inspected it, but I've never heard it mentioned?).
Also, it appears to me the two most likely landfills servicing the Champaign-Urbana area are in Clinton and Danville, Illinois. Any chance anyone on this site lives near those or within viewing distance of any activity there?

Agree. So hopefully he wasn't organized enough to prevent her DNA from being found in his apartment.

He wasn't organized enough to prevent the finding of one door being cleaned more vigorously than the others.

He wasn't organized enough to prevent being seen on camera talking to her.

He wasn't organized enough to prevent leaving internet cookie crumbs.

All JMO :)

Agree. So hopefully he wasn't organized enough to prevent her DNA from being found in his apartment.

rsbm

Do we know that her DNA was found at the apartment? This is the first time I hear this. Where did you read this? TIA!

I keep looking into landfills a bit and am discouraged reading about how often bodies deposited in landfills are NEVER discovered. Depending how a body is &#8216;wrapped&#8217; (protected from the elements) when deposited, you may be dealing with summer heat & weather, animal-and-insect depredation, an immense volume of material (especially if searching didn&#8217;t begin &#8217;til days or weeks after a deposit), and also compaction by the delivery trucks. A few bone fragments may yet be found (and that&#8217;s all that&#8217;s needed for identification), but cost and practicality may preclude such a lengthy search. Sad to admit I'm now open to the possibility that YY might never be found :(

I wonder how many dumpsters have cameras trained upon them.

A federal grand jury today returned an indictment charging Brendt Christensen with the kidnapping of visiting Chinese scholar Yingying Zhang on June 9.

http://www.news-gazette.com/news/lo...en-decoyed-kidnapped-abducted-ui-scholar.html

The indictment states that Christensen “willfully and unlawfully seized, confined, inveigled, decoyed, kidnapped, abducted, and carried away” Ms. Zhang “and otherwise held her for his own benefit and purpose, and (he) used and caused to be used a means, facility and instrumentality of interstate commerce, namely, a Motorola cellular telephone and a Saturn Astra motor vehicle, in committing and in furtherance of the commission of the offense.”

All the interstate commerce talk is finally explained.

[video=twitter;885244197573414915]https://twitter.com/WCIA3newshound/status/885244197573414915[/video]

[video=twitter;885243285433962498]https://twitter.com/WCIA3/status/885243285433962498[/video]

[video=twitter;885243169658597376]https://twitter.com/epcicchini/status/885243169658597376[/video]

[video=twitter;885245844986974209]https://twitter.com/ui7news/status/885245844986974209[/video]

BC's preliminary is this Friday at 10am ( http://www.news-gazette.com/news/lo...e-back-court-wednesday-detention-hearing.html ). I have a couple questions for those more familiar with the process:

1. What can we expect from this hearing? What's it's purpose?

2. Is new information typically released at that stage? Because we are obviously at a standstill here...

EDIT/UPDATE: Grand jury just came back with an indictment. I still have the same basic questions:

1. What exactly does this mean?

2. What is next?

3. When are we likely to hear more, new information?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

[video=twitter;885244834818256897]https://twitter.com/_scottcameron_/status/885244834818256897[/video]

So now that we have this knowledge, what exact role do you think his cell phone played in all of this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member