Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #5 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't find the post to reply to, but regarding how much the Zhang family has been told:

I think it is equally doubtful that LE sat them down and essentially said "YingYing is dead. We have no hard evidence, but trust us." Not going to happen. The fact that the family is still looking, if in fact they are, may actually indicate that LE does not have cold hard videotape, but something maybe just short of that, which they have shared with the family, and I think it is natural for a family to grab hold of even an infinitesimal possibility that she is alive. I know I would if I were them. I dont get if you think LE is withholding information from them, or...what?

[video=youtube;L6MSs8VsELo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6MSs8VsELo[/video]

I can't believe they still haven't found her! [emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Google Alert - sharing

Grand jury indicts former U. of I. physics student in Chinese scholar's kidnapping
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/
A federal grand jury in Urbana indicted a former University of Illinois doctoral cand
idate on Wednesday in the disappearance of a Chinese visiting scholar last month, federal prosecutors said.
[.....]
Christensen, of Champaign, will now formally enter a plea to the charges at an arraignment scheduled for July 20, one of his attorneys, Thomas Bruno, said. If convicted, the penalty is up to life in prison.
[.....]
The one-page indictment Wednesday did not offer any new details into the investigation beyond what the FBI and prosecutors revealed in an affidavit and in court hearings.

So, no court this Friday, July 14th - but on Thursday, July 20th per article above.

More in link.

Assuming that BC killed YingYing, and I think we all believe that he did, do you think killing her was part of his original plan, or do you think she died as a result of "play" that got very rough, or was killed when she refused to "play or obey" after he had abducted her. I do believe if killing her was always part of his plan, finding her remains will be far more difficult, but I believe that he may have been stupid enough to think he could keep her as a sex slave "toy" indefinitely, and so perhaps not much thought was put into disposing of her body. JMO

Assuming that BC killed YingYing, and I think we all believe that he did, do you think killing her was part of his original plan, or do you think she died as a result of "play" that got very rough, or was killed when she refused to "play or obey" after he had abducted her. I do believe if killing her was always part of his plan, finding her remains will be far more difficult, but I believe that he may have been stupid enough to think he could keep her as a sex slave "toy" indefinitely, and so perhaps not much thought was put into disposing of her body. JMO

I think that either murder was the plan all along and his kidnapping fantasies were quite different from the normal fetishist's, but they don't have a chat room for his variety of kidnapping fetish...or in his fantasy, she was a lot more cooperative than she was in real life and they never even got to the point where there was "rough play" of any sort because she freaked out very long before play even became an issue.

I think that either murder was the plan all along and his kidnapping fantasies were quite different from the normal fetishist's, but they don't have a chat room for his variety of kidnapping fetish...or in his fantasy, she was a lot more cooperative and they never even got to the point where there was "rough play" of any sort because she freaked out very long before play even became an issue.

The whole matter is so increasingly sickening/depressing; the sheer randomness/senselessness of it, whether this was his first crime ever or just an endpoint to other crimes gone undetected? — so warped either way; still waiting for someone to come out of the woodwork to say they knew this side of Christensen; and a few years from now there will probably be a major motion picture, “The Brendt Christensen Story”. Ewwww...

The whole matter is so increasingly sickening/depressing; the sheer randomness/senselessness of it, whether this was his first crime ever or just an endpoint to other crimes gone undetected? — so warped either way; still waiting for someone to come out of the woodwork to say they knew this side of Christensen; and a few years from now there will probably be a major motion picture, “The Brendt Christensen Story”. Ewwww...

I have no doubt it's already in the works. Hopefully "YingYing's Story" will render it obsolete.

Sometimes law enforcement has enough to charge someone of a crime but holds out until they have more evidence in hand. For example, sometimes they have good evidence that someone has been murdered, like the presence of lots of blood, but they continue to look for the body and delay arrest so as not to start the clock ticking on the murder. Since he's already locked up, they may not be eager to charge him in the murder before they have her body. But that said, I have no idea whether they have enough for an arrest or not, or whether he has photos of her at all. We do know that they have enough evidence to make a public announcement that they don't believe she's alive.

I found this puzzling in the News-Gazette article this morning. "Asked about the scope of the search for Ms. Zhang and her photograph being removed from the Most Wanted Kidnappings & Missing Persons page on the FBI website, Springfield-based bureau spokesman Brad Ware declined comment. From this point forward, he said, the U.S. Attorney's Office will be the only agency commenting about the case." Why would they remove her from the Missing Person's page?

Source, http://www.news-gazette.com/news/lo...-anger-regret-accused-kidnapper-indicted.html

[video=twitter;885363338313703425]https://twitter.com/SenaitFOXIL/status/885363338313703425[/video]

Flowers, anger, regret as accused kidnapper indicted

A reader called The News-Gazette to say she'd seen on Wednesday's front page the photograph of the single, weathered floral bouquet left at the spot on campus where Ms. Zhang was last seen and was moved to order a fresh arrangement.

By late afternoon, a pink bouquet had been laid near the corner of West Clark Street and North Goodwin Avenue, with a card that read: "Our thoughts and prayers go out to the Family and Friends of Yingying Zhang during their trying time."

At Champaign's Stonegate Village Apartments — where Christensen lived and allegedly "held (Ms. Zhang) for his own benefit and purpose," in the words of the one-paragraph indictment delivered Wednesday — Pondja Djamba expressed regret and anger.

A Parkland College student who has lived in the complex for about a year, Djamba said he doesn't know his neighbors well. But had any of them heard or seen the acts authorities allege Christensen committed against the visiting Chinese scholar, he has enough faith in humanity to believe they'd have sprung into action.

"How could this happen at our complex?" Djamba asked. "We could have done something."

University of Illinois officials have been meeting to discuss bolstering international student education on American culture and safety before they get to campus, UI Police Lt. Joan Fiesta said.

IMO, I have a hard time thinking he planned a murder. I feel like FBI would have reported evidence of "how to murder someone and get away with it" type internet searches from his computer since he was so flagrant with his abduction research, for example. Since we haven't heard anything like that, I'm assuming he wanted to sexually abuse a female. I think things went wrong when she "fought and resisted". And he felt he had to kill her at that point. To silence her, perhaps.

I still hold a shred of hope she's alive. Moo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"If convicted on the federal kidnapping charge, the penalty is up to life in prison."
https://will.illinois.edu/news/story/grand-jury-indicts-christensen-for-yingying-zhang-kidnapping

So the death penalty can't be used as leverage?
My understanding is that federal kidnapping max punishment is life in prison. But if convicted federally of a murder that occurred during a kidnapping then max is life in prison or death penalty.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

A few threads back (I can't remember where), people were discussing how he listed that he won a teaching award and were wondering if he really had, and people also were discussing if he was still TAing this past year after he decided to leave his graduate program. I don't necessarily want to restart either of those conversations, but I did find webpages suggesting he was indeed voted an excellent TA and was able to continue teaching (ie, getting paid) over the last academic year he was at Illinois.

Here is a link to the Excellent Teachers Award: http://physics.illinois.edu/admissions/why-physics-illinois/excellent-teachers.html
He is on the list in Fall 2015.

He was also listed as a TA in Fall 2016: https://courses.physics.illinois.edu/phys100/fa2016/office-hours.asp
I can't find an official course link, but this webpage has him as having taught in Spring 2017 as well: https://www.coursicle.com/illinois/professors/Brendt+Christensen/

I know this website isn't an official source, per say, but these kind of sites are pretty popular at big universities.

I find it hard to believe that he planned on releasing her when she could ID both him and his car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mel18