Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #6 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Without a body, without enough blood to assume she is dead what could they use to charge with murder. The only thing I can imagine is they have a video of him commuting the act. Otherwise im scratching my head to think they have anything other than kidnapping.

Alot of circumstantial evidence that people have gotten around on less
An admission on tape is pretty convincing to a jury, along with lying initially too. I don't think they need a body to prove he has killed her. He may claim not guilty due to insanity I guess. The EDR (black box) may help to determine his movements MOO.

If all they have is what the public has been told of course I'd agree they have a weak case, but I assume they have much, much more (likely forensic and video evidence, as well as corroborating testimony), including convincing information explaining why the body can't be found.

But what can that possibly be? If there was enough blood to constitute a dead body, why hasnt that been charged. Video is the only thing I can think of that would prove anything if the rest is lacking (which they have not said they had, and even commented on his car, and apartment)

An admission on tape is pretty convincing to a jury, along with lying initially too. I don't think they need a body to prove he has killed her. He may claim not guilty due to insanity I guess. The EDR (black box) may help to determine his movements MOO.

He admitted to murder? When?

Lying? Many people acquitted have lied.

I just am wondering what they have to prove murder other than possible video of the act or body.

He admitted to murder? When?

Lying? Many people acquitted have lied.

I just am wondering what they have to prove murder other than possible video of the act or body.
At the vigil. Feds taped him. And he admitted he picked her up. But lied again saying he let her out. His only chance is to admit it and avoid the death penalty. If he can further bargain by witholding the location of YY's body, I think he will.

Without a body, without enough blood to assume she is dead what could they use to charge with murder. The only thing I can imagine is they have a video of him commuting the act. Otherwise im scratching my head to think they have anything other than kidnapping.

Alot of circumstantial evidence that people have gotten around on less

i have always feared he had time to stash quite a substantial amount of electronic equipment, yet they found his phone with the fetlife links and the instructions on staging a kidnapping..
i thought that was an extraordinarily weak excuse for a warrant, yet its what they used along with the alleged tape..
we've studied the whole fet scene considerably. we concluded its mostly harmless idiocy.. most of us did...
And it is- consenting adults getting their jollies in strange ways..
Its not considered a precursor for violence.
A few stages away from fetlife could be something he chose to engage with- necrophilia, snuff movies, extreme violence with a sexual theme.

I spent hundreds of hours investigating these sites, those that were not deep deep dark web..
I was searching for him. I was searching for YY.. I did not have the skills to dig deeper..
I examined esoteric texts and trade in bodies.. all the time with the question whether he wanted her dead or alive.. bearing in mind, he was pretty broke, his wife supported him and they were barely surviving on a v tight budget. He showed no inclination to want to get a job, but he needed money..
He had access to all flavors of sexual proclivities in the fetlife site..
Why kidnap a stranger?
The whole case could indeed blow wide open if the FBI cannot PROVE that it was he who drove that car on the day she was taken.
At this stage of the game, anything or nothing is possible.
Its ludicrous that her family have not been notified.
Its ludicrous the FBI could not 'extract' a location from him.

i have always feared he had time to stash quite a substantial amount of electronic equipment, yet they found his phone with the fetlife links and the instructions on staging a kidnapping..
i thought that was an extraordinarily weak excuse for a warrant, yet its what they used along with the alleged tape..
we've studied the whole fet scene considerably. we concluded its mostly harmless idiocy.. most of us did...
And it is- consenting adults getting their jollies in strange ways..
Its not considered a precursor for violence.
A few stages away from fetlife could be something he chose to engage with- necrophilia, snuff movies, extreme violence with a sexual theme.

I spent hundreds of hours investigating these sites, those that were not deep deep dark web..
I was searching for him. I was searching for YY.. I did not have the skills to dig deeper..
I examined esoteric texts and trade in bodies.. all the time with the question whether he wanted her dead or alive.. bearing in mind, he was pretty broke, his wife supported him and they were barely surviving on a v tight budget. He showed no inclination to want to get a job, but he needed money..
He had access to all flavors of sexual proclivities in the fetlife site..
Why kidnap a stranger?
The whole case could indeed blow wide open if the FBI cannot PROVE that it was he who drove that car on the day she was taken.
At this stage of the game, anything or nothing is possible.
Its ludicrous that her family have not been notified.
Its ludicrous the FBI could not 'extract' a location from him.

I can see how they can prove it was him driving, but when it comes to murder...

I also feel like as an Illinois resident I just haven't heard as much about the case as I should have. I didn't see reporting on evidence collected or any actual details on searches (just general statements about groups of students searching).

Agreed. From the beginning it seemed as if LE knew that a body was not going to be recovered and made no effort to search.

When did they report they had checked that out? I must have missed that.

I didnt say they did. I assumed that LE and FBI would be competent enough to look and my thoughts would be that would lead to searchable areas, based on his location history. But I havent heard anything of that publically

I read from the link, where does it say he admitted to murder?

<modsnip>
<modsnip>But this is an extremely diverse case and a massive amount of great research and work was gathered by websleuthers particularly in the early threads..
Please do see MrsO brien's post at beginning of this or last thread..
Its a great jumping off point for people who want to continue sleuthing.
If you miss it, you miss a lot.
<modsnip>
See No. 3

I dont see anywhere he admitted to murder like you claimed in #641
I posted 641 and already answered your question. The indictment has wording like kidnapping and torture leading to her death IIRC.

I didnt say they did. I assumed that LE and FBI would be competent enough to look and my thoughts would be that would lead to searchable areas, based on his location history. But I havent heard anything of that publically
Ok that's what I hoped too.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-cdil/pr/status-update-us-v-brendt-christensen

According to statements made by the government during today’s hearing, the government alleges that Christensen attended and walked in a vigil for the victim on June 29; has made statements about the characteristics of the ideal victim; that the victim fought and resisted; and, that he made a threat to another person to whom he made incriminating statements.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-cdil/p...nt-charges-champaign-man-kidnapping-resulting

URBANA, Ill. – A federal grand jury today returned a superseding indictment against Brendt A. Christensen, 28, of Champaign, Ill., that charges him with the kidnapping resulting in death of visiting Chinese scholar Yingying Zhang on June 9, 2017. In addition, the indictment charges Christensen with two counts of making false statements to FBI agents in June 2017.

that the defendant intentionally killed the victim;

that the defendant intentionally inflicted serious bodily injury that resulted in the death of the victim; that the

defendant intentionally participated in an act, contemplating that the life of a person would be taken or intending that lethal force would be used in connection with a person

and the victim died as a direct result of the act; and, that the defendant intentionally and specifically engaged in an act of violence, knowing that the act created a grave risk of death to a person, such that participation in the act constituted a reckless disregard for human life and the victim died as a direct result of the act.

special findings that Zhang’s death occurred during the commission of a kidnapping; that Christensen committed the offense in an especially heinous, cruel or depraved manner,

in that it involved torture or serious physical abuse to the victim; and, that Christensen committed the offense after substantial planning and premeditation to cause the death of a person.

that Christensen falsely stated to FBI agents that he stayed at his apartment and slept and played video games all day on June 9, 2017, when he knew full well that he drove around the University of Illinois campus on the afternoon of June 9, and picked up Zhang as she was waiting for a bus. The indictment alleges that on June 15, Christensen falsely told an FBI agent that he dropped off an Asian female in a residential area shortly after picking her up in his Saturn Astra on June 9, when he knew full well that he did not drop the female off shortly after picking her up, but instead, took her back to his apartment.

Thats the gist of it.
I believe they can prove it.

Even if BC admitted on secret taping to murdering YZ that, by itself, wouldn't necessarily carry decisive weight, and might not even be admissible in court. What I still assume LE has from the apt. is forensic evidence (which may or may not include blood), and sniffer dogs responding to the scent of human death. And yes, probably also video from his cell phone. Given the assuredness of prosecution statements, with words like "heinous," "depraved," etc. in the indictment, I'd be surprised if they don't have a very solid case. Again, I think it will soon move to an insanity plea to save him from the death penalty (JMO). But hey, we're all shootin' in the dark here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hurt911official