Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #6 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its based on my expectation of such a supposed luxury apartment complex and also the website stating "security system". Whats your opinion its highly unlikely based upon? Is it that you haven't seen any cameras on your journey past? I could be wrong and security system could mean burglar alarms, but that's why it is only an opinion.

There are no visible cameras at Stonegate Village. There is no security staff at Stonegate Village to monitor cameras if they had any. There is no need for security cameras. <modsnip> I live here and I know the community. One random kidnapping does not warrant cameras on every corner. We have apartment complexes that are gated and have security staff/cameras 24/7. It is a marketing gimmick and not a necessity. One of these apartment complexes is one of the more dangerous places to live in. A single gated entrance to an apartment complex is great security for drug dealers. LE only have one way in and can't simply drive up on an apartment unannounced.

<modsnip> If you are saying Stoneygate is one of the most dangerous blocks, perhaps you can provide the crime statistics but random comments without specific are meaningless imo. If you are saying the opposite and that's why it doesn't need cameras, again there should be statistics. I said "supposed luxury apartment complex" and "security system" based on how the complex is described in the links you have seen. I'm not saying they definitely have them because I do not know, but there had to be some way that LE knew, which is my point and :cow:

Actually, I was looking for any data that suggested that "Individuals often protect their own apartments with CCTV cameras". I don't know of any apartment dwellers who do. Homes, yes, apartments, no.

I have stables protected by an integrated cctv system linked to 24 hour recording. You can look at one screen divided into 12 squares with a stable and horse in each one so you can monitor them if they are ill from one central indoor location. You also have the recording and burglar alarm for security purposes and replay. It was a very inexpensive system we installed 8 years ago. This isn't rocket science. If those apartments don't have anything similar, after this terrible murder, it's my opinion that they soon will have.

Its based on my expectation of such a supposed luxury apartment complex and also the website stating "security system". Whats your opinion its highly unlikely based upon? Is it that you haven't seen any cameras on your journey past? I could be wrong and security system could mean burglar alarms, but that's why it is only an opinion.

I think that in viewing the website run by the company we can see that it is unlikely that they have a video security system, as they advertise only the secure entrances. If they had security cameras, that would certainly be an amenity they would advertise as well. The apartment finder website probably uses "security system" as a catch-all phrase to indicate any security measures.

I also agree that it probably isn't what most would consider "luxury" apartments, and I'd take that description with a grain of salt and not assume lots of security or anything else. The video kittyhare posted looks like pretty basic apartments to me, a step up from some of the cracker boxes I lived in previously, but about as nice as one of my non-luxury, but still pretty nice, apartments in Nashville.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
It wouldn't be much of a security system if you elaborated too much on it for potential perps to check it out.

I am interested in this question too. The only thing I could find was a review from a former tenant who describes the complex as having a "complete lack of security". That doesn't sound like cameras are present but it is only one report from an unhappy reviewer. https://www.apartmentratings.com/il/champaign/royse-and-brinkmeyer_217352417861820/

Well, you can take it from a reviewer, and someone who knows the property or the opinion of someone. I'm going with the reviewer based on what I have seen. A complete lack of security.

I have stables protected by an integrated cctv system linked to 24 hour recording. You can look at one screen divided into 12 squares with a stable and horse in each one so you can monitor them if they are ill from one central indoor location. You also have the recording and burglar alarm for security purposes and replay. It was a very inexpensive system we installed 8 years ago. This isn't rocket science. If those apartments don't have anything similar, after this terrible murder, it's my opinion that they soon will have.

Stables? This is an apartment complex. I can almost guarantee you that even if it is determined that the murder occurred in one of those apartments, it will never have a video surveillance system installed. JMIO

It wouldn't be much of a security system if you elaborated too much on it for potential perps to check it out.
Oh, come on. Like perps aren't going to search for, and most likely see, cameras. If anything, advertising that they have security cameras is going to deter crime. That's why people put fake cameras and fake signs up advertising nonexistent security measures. Same reason people use a beware of dog signs when they have no dogs.

I don't get this. Are people really arguing that they believe there are security cameras at this apartment complex, not only in the absence of any proof, but in the face of facts gleaned from the management's website that points to the fact that there aren't any?

I'm not sure I understand where this is coming from or going.

Does anyone here know whether or not Brendt Christensen has internet and/or social media access while he's in jail?

I agree with you..
They have the alleged tape and if they have anything else they're not saying..

Vast amounts of work went into sleuthing on this forum alone, its likely the college students also searched like crazy..
As every day passed, hearts just sunk lower and lower..

UNLESS, longshot here.. they found evidence or suspect him of being involved in other similar murders..and he had a means of disposal.. like Webthrush suggested a few days ago.. meat processing..
Fire/furnace...?
UNLESS.. they have evidence he purchased chemicals. like the irish girl murdered in the nightclub in Scotland last year or year before..Karen Buckley.. perp brought her body to a farm and attempted to dissolve it it in a lime combination.. Police found evidence he had visited several hardware shops and of his purchases.
They got there before her body was completely destroyed..
He also 'gave her a ride home' but according to him, she left early.
he even resembled him physically, his demeanor..
Heres a link to that case https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...lexander-pacteau-jailed-for-at-least-23-years

Kitty has hit on something that has bothered me from the get go. His demeanor. Here we have a college educated middle class young guy and all of a sudden here he is...in prison for a despicable crime and every picture I've ever seen , he has on gangster style " thousand yard stare " face. This is not a street savvy **** for life type. How is he acting like this? Even when YY's mother was crying and screaming at him, he supposedly just sat there impassive. Never mind the fact I can't even fathom a person doing what he's probably done. I don't see how this whitebread punk has not cracked . His life is also probably done. And he sits like a stone? WTF?

I'm not sure if people at those apartments would have cameras and this could be a one-off, but my boyfriend has cameras covering his first floor apartment and walk up. His area is still undergoing "gentrification" though and you can imagine the amount of non-violent crime in an area with those growing pains.

I don't get this. Are people really arguing that they believe there are security cameras at this apartment complex, not only in the absence of any proof, but in the face of facts gleaned from the management's website that points to the fact that there aren't any?

I'm not sure I understand where this is coming from or going.

I'm just giving an opinion, which is what this forum is for. I am not happy with constant jibes about non locals knowing nothing about America, Illinois, Chambana, cornfields, fill in the blanks. It's uncalled for. That's my opinion.

I don't think it's an actual security system. On the Stonegate Village website (not the link above) it only says secure entrance.
https://www.swimsgv.com/Apartments/module/amenities/property[id]/2139/
4367492ade0ba4d62b09b75396dfdc5a.jpg

Hmmm. Free garbage removal.

Kitty has hit on something that has bothered me from the get go. His demeanor. Here we have a college educated middle class young guy and all of a sudden here he is...in prison for a despicable crime and every picture I've ever seen , he has on gangster style " thousand yard stare " face. This is not a street savvy **** for life type. How is he acting like this? Even when YY's mother was crying and screaming at him, he supposedly just sat there impassive. Never mind the fact I can't even fathom a person doing what he's probably done. I don't see how this whitebread punk has not cracked . His life is also probably done. And he sits like a stone? WTF?
I think it is a mask. This guy has a PHD, a promising career and life in front of him, the whole world at his feet yet he kidnaps and murders a young student right in his neigbourhood in view of cameras. Then he brags to someone about it. He wanted to be caught IMO.

Welcome to WS btw.

Hmmm. Free garbage removal.
"Free garbage removal" in America is pretty standard for apt. complexes, and just means there isn't a separate charge for it (it's built into the rental price). But even though I think it possible he placed the body in a garbage dumpster, I'm doubtful he would've used one of those on his own premises.

I just wondered if there is any evidence indicating if violent video games desensitise players to real life situations. It has often been said that could be the case. E.g. the film Clockwork Orange was thought could encourage copycat attacks.

"Free garbage removal" in America is pretty standard for apt. complexes, and just means there isn't a separate charge for it (it's built into the rental price). But even though I think it possible he placed the body in a garbage dumpster, I'm doubtful he would've used one of those on his own premises.
Yes but I don't think he cared if he got caught so the risky behaviour is almost part of the deal, it seems to me.

I think it is a mask. This guy has a PHD, a promising career and life in front of him, the whole world at his feet yet he kidnaps and murders a young student right in his neigbourhood in view of cameras. Then he brags to someone about it. He wanted to be caught IMO.

Welcome to WS btw.

More than just "a mask," I think he is mentally ill, and this case will eventually involve an insanity plea (just my guess)...

...also, you asked about "evidence indicating if violent video games desensitise players to real life situations" -- there was indeed evidence when I was studying such things back in the 70s/80s/90s, but it was controversial, and of course hard to generalize about (and I haven't kept up with such studies in more recent times).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18