Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #7 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could this be like Gilberto Valle.... he said what he wanted to do but thats all they had, was statements of fantasy.

When it hits trial I want to see what physical proof they have of murder.

why did nobody ask him where he concealed her body? 7 taped conversations.. should it not have been the priority question at the time?

You’re assuming they didn’t ask… I assume the opposite: they DID ask and that is why LE never encouraged any public searches — they know there is either no ‘body’ to be found, or if there is, it is totally inaccessible to the public.

Could this be like Gilberto Valle.... he said what he wanted to do but thats all they had, was statements of fantasy.

They claim to have over 500 pages of blood and DNA evidence. My guess would be that some of this comes from his apartment. They may also have gotten info through the girlfriend and the inmate detailing some of the specifics of how he did it, and were able to get her blood/DNA off of things he mentioned using.....

They claim to have over 500 pages of blood and DNA evidence. My guess would be that some of this comes from his apartment. They may also have gotten info through the girlfriend and the inmate detailing some of the specifics of how he did it, and were able to get her blood/DNA off of things he mentioned using.....

I know they "claim" to, but how slow things have moved and the lack of any search for a body or even recovery of parts, etc makes me wonder how much is bluff vs real.

DNA can be in his apartment but not be proof enough for murder. I just want to see what they actually have at the trial.

They're gonna fail at getting this out of Federal Jurisdiction. I'm just a law student, but I can tell you, Federal Jurisdiction is pretty much the only jurisdiction when it comes to a case between an American and a foreigner. Even if it's a case between two people from different states, it has to go to Federal court. I'm not even sure why they would think they can challenge Federal jurisdiction.

They're gonna fail at getting this out of Federal Jurisdiction. I'm just a law student, but I can tell you, Federal Jurisdiction is pretty much the only jurisdiction when it comes to a case between an American and a foreigner. Even if it's a case between two people from different states, it has to go to Federal court. I'm not even sure why they would think they can challenge Federal jurisdiction.
Thanks.
Is it normal procedure to release girlfriend's identity at this stage in proceedings?
I am wondering whether they are particularly young inexperienced defenders, hungry for publicity?

I am new to WS and don't know how to post pictures. But if you Google crime scene investigator suit you will see the "hazmat type suits" I was referring to. These suits are worn, not as PPE for the wearer but for protection of evidence from cross contamination. So regardless of what chemicals, etc that were at that plant, they were worn to protect any potential evidence. I cannot find the article from the search of the Johnson plant, I think it may have been posted by the Champaign Police Department's Facebook page.

The defense has some weight to a few their motions. However, since lake and Henry counties were searched for YYZ, one has to wonder why the request to move there and not some obscure county in Illinois. Could it be that she IS in one of those places and BC suggested them so he can feel superiority over the prosecution?

Thanks.
Is it normal procedure to release girlfriend's identity at this stage in proceedings?
I am wondering whether they are particularly young inexperienced defenders, hungry for publicity?

They have not released her identity. In fact, the prosecutors have filed a motion to have some evidence admitted under seal, in part to protect the identity of a potential witness -and this might be the girlfriend.

I am new to WS and don't know how to post pictures. But if you Google crime scene investigator suit you will see the "hazmat type suits" I was referring to. These suits are worn, not as PPE for the wearer but for protection of evidence from cross contamination. So regardless of what chemicals, etc that were at that plant, they were worn to protect any potential evidence. I cannot find the article from the search of the Johnson plant, I think it may have been posted by the Champaign Police Department's Facebook page.

The defense has some weight to a few their motions. However, since lake and Henry counties were searched for YYZ, one has to wonder why the request to move there and not some obscure county in Illinois. Could it be that she IS in one of those places and BC suggested them so he can feel superiority over the prosecution?

Where did you hear that they had searched for YY in Lake and Henry counties?

They both make sense. I have a hunch they think he put her in a body of water. Lake would suggest dumping her in a marshy area near Lake Michigan or in he lake itself. Henry County would suggest he might have put her in the Rock River, with the idea that she would be washed into the Mississippi and never be found.

They have not released her identity. In fact, the prosecutors have filed a motion to have some evidence admitted under seal, in part to protect the identity of a potential witness -and this might be the girlfriend.
They have identified her as the woman on the march who can be identified from the many videos and images to be found.
They have not named her but they have put her at risk in case he happens to have a fan club out there or that there are other vested interests as in participants. We do not know, yet.
#Post 297

They have identified her as the woman on the march who can be identified from the many videos and images to be found.
They have not named her but they have put her at risk in case he happens to have a fan club out there or that there are other vested interests as in participants. We do not know, yet.
#Post 297

Thats what I meant to say, that they wanted to avoid naming her so it wouldnt be easy for the public at large to find info on her and invade her privacy.

I am really curious if it may be another witness with info that would be very damning, as they mention not wanting to induce further public condemnation of the accused.

I wonder when the disturbing dreams occurred and whether they led to his medication?

That girl was terrified, if this is accurate..I wonder what else she knew about him..
Was it her he threatened to kill and why did she and the FBI consider his threats to be credible.?

I hope she is okay now and well protected.

Again and again I ask if she was his first?
He stated he had a girlfriend in one or more of his social media profiles.. if it is same girlfriend.. she may have been with him for a while..
Had a point been reached in their relationship where it crossed from mutual consent to something far more sinister.. recall the grip he had on her at the march..
I think this might be the case because of the state of terror to the point of fainting she experienced while with him..

I'm worried for the girlfriend's safety. Honestly, I'm disappointed that she's been referred to by her initials in the media. I know it's pretty much inevitable, but still... I sincerely believe in her innocence, and that's rare for me.
I'm curious what TOS rules apply to TEB now that she's being referred to in the media. To what degree may we discuss her, if at all?

Here's a link to a WAND TV report on the girlfriend. They have the text of the motion filed by BCs defense seeking to exclude her surveillance recordings....

http://www.wandtv.com/story/3727778...ife-wore-wire-in-yingying-zhang-investigation
Police arrived around 11:45 p.m. and woke the couple up with a search warrant. Christensen was taken away from the apartment. The defense is now questioning whether his wife actually gave consent for agents to search their home.

I imagine it's for the wife to say.
What is she saying, I wonder?
Did they have her authority to question whether she consented or not?

Police arrived around 11:45 p.m. and woke the couple up with a search warrant. Christensen was taken away from the apartment. The defense is now questioning whether his wife actually gave consent for agents to search their home.

I imagine it's for the wife to say.
What is she saying, I wonder?
Did they have her authority to question whether she consented or not?

I'm no pro, but I think if they have a warrant, consent is unnecessary. However, I recall a reference to consent being given by "the female resident" in the probable cause statement during initial questioning, taking BC to the station, etc. I'm wondering if the media source is inadvertently merging two separate visits to the BC residence.

I'm in a tough spot right now... I do know more than I think i can say here, which is frustrating to say the least. Tippy toes...

I'm worried for the girlfriend's safety. Honestly, I'm disappointed that she's been referred to by her initials in the media. I know it's pretty much inevitable, but still... I sincerely believe in her innocence, and that's rare for me.
I'm curious what TOS rules apply to TEB now that she's being referred to in the media. To what degree may we discuss her, if at all?
see page6/14
http://www.wandtv.com/story/3727778...ife-wore-wire-in-yingying-zhang-investigation

I've given this a lot of thought over the last several months. I don't believe BC will be able to viably claim the "only fantasy" defense because he made specific claims of harming a specific person. He also identified specific individuals at the rally as being potential victims. Imo, fantasy left the equation when real people became involved.

I had an interesting conversation with my local police kind of recently regarding what exactly constitutes a legally criminal threat. According to LE, something like, "I'll kill your whole family" is NOT a chargeable threat. It needs specific information, how, when, etc. "I'll kill your whole family *with a knife on Tuesday*" IS chargeable, for example.
If federal rules are similar, BC had to have been extremely specific, checked all the necessary boxes to put himself away. Jmo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salty7