Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #7 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if they are full-on hazmat suits, but they wear those so, in part, they don't introduce any biological contamination from themselves, or from what might be on their clothing underneath, into a crime scene or the things they take in evidence.
Have not actually seen a confirmatory report printed that they did wear them or were actually there at all.
My question is in relation to whether the protective clothing was worn, if it was worn, in response to a chemical already isolated by feds or local LE detected in or around the crime scene, apartment or car.. possibly an extra strong corrosive?

We did a lot of research on the buildings and posted photographs etc several weeks ago.. Trunk knows it well..
It is possible part of it is used for chemical storage or residue.. but if indeed they were searching for yy there.. why the suits until or unless they found something?
They are very awkward for working when free movement is required

They are also saying the fingerprint evidence isn't important. Probably because they have plenty of blood, DNA and hair evidence that already shows she was in his apartment, and the video clearly shows her getting into his car.

...and this has been nagging at me since the beginning, how on earth did he get her into his apartment??? I'm very familiar with that apartment complex and it seems like such a tough thing to do. Even if he threatened her into walking in without struggle, no one saw? And he knew, that at the exact moment when he brought her back, no one would see? And we may never know!

...and this has been nagging at me since the beginning, how on earth did he get her into his apartment??? I'm very familiar with that apartment complex and it seems like such a tough thing to do. Even if he threatened her into walking in without struggle, no one saw? And we may never know!
Warrant or indictment stated he carried her in there.
Possibilities are that he incapacitated her either through physical violence, blow to head or chemically, via ether or some such compound, put her in a large bag or box and carried her from his car into apt. He could have left her in boot until darkness fell.. his alleged taped conversation stated she struggled quite a bit, if that is true and not merely a boast by him on his physical prowess , he would have had to revive her.
I doubt she was conscious during the transportation.

Warrant or indictment stated he carried her in there.
Possibilities are that he incapacitated her either through physical violence, blow to head or chemically, via ether or some such compound, put her in a large bag or box and carried her from his car into apt. He could have left her in boot until darkness fell.. his alleged taped conversation stated she struggled quite a bit, if that is true and not merely a boast by him on his physical prowess , he would have had to revive her.
I doubt she was conscious during the transportation.

Well, that would certainly explain it. What a disturbing creep :(

Just a curious side question, if anyone knows for sure what the legal answer is:
Once they took BC into custody would they have automatically/routinely run his DNA through a national database to see if it matched DNA from any unsolved crime scenes, or is that something they could only legally do if they had cause/evidence specifically linking him to another crime?

Just a curious side question, if anyone knows for sure what the legal answer is:
Once they took BC into custody would they have automatically/routinely run his DNA through a national database to see if it matched DNA from any unsolved crime scenes, or is that something they could only legally do if they had cause/evidence specifically linking him to another crime?

they can.. https://books.google.ie/books?id=16...lvement in other crimes, unsolved usa&f=false
don't know if they did.

...and this has been nagging at me since the beginning, how on earth did he get her into his apartment??? I'm very familiar with that apartment complex and it seems like such a tough thing to do. Even if he threatened her into walking in without struggle, no one saw? And he knew, that at the exact moment when he brought her back, no one would see? And we may never know!

I think we will know when the trial begins. The criminal complaint says he was captured on audio explaining how he kidnapped her, and stating that he brought her back to his apartment. I will not be surprised if part of the explaining how he kidnapped her includes how he got her into the apartment.

I'm assuming he incapacitated her, went to a park nearby and quickly bound her and stuffed her into a bag, then carried her in. IF he is carrying in a bag, it wouldn't look suspicious at all if she's still unconscious or bound so tightly she can't move.

If she went in under her own power after being threatened -even if someone saw, they may have only seen from a distance and thought nothing of it. Remember, she hadn't been reported missing yet, and someone seeing from a distance wouldn't know to be on the lookout for a missing Chinese girl. Heck, they might have been far away enough that they couldn't tell she was Asian.

Finally, when he picked her up he was unlucky, as it just so happened the security cameras caught YY on video and they could ID her getting into his car. Maybe when it came to getting her into his apartment, he was just lucky; no one was around to see him going in. He knows his complex. Perhaps he knew that at around 3-3:30 the parking lot near his door is dead. People still haven't gotten home from work yet. Plus, IIRC, his unit was on the back side away from Springfield, looking out on a line of trees and the Johnson plant. Maybe that part of the complex is usually dead.

I think these details will come out when we finally get around to hearing what the prosecution has.....

I think we will know when the trial begins. The criminal complaint says he was captured on audio explaining how he kidnapped her, and stating that he brought her back to his apartment. I will not be surprised if part of the explaining how he kidnapped her includes how he got her into the apartment.

I'm assuming he incapacitated her, went to a park nearby and quickly bound her and stuffed her into a bag, then carried her in. IF he is carrying in a bag, it wouldn't look suspicious at all if she's still unconscious or bound so tightly she can't move.

If she went in under her own power after being threatened -even if someone saw, they may have only seen from a distance and thought nothing of it. Remember, she hadn't been reported missing yet, and someone seeing from a distance wouldn't know to be on the lookout for a missing Chinese girl. Heck, they might have been far away enough that they couldn't tell she was Asian.

Finally, when he picked her up he was unlucky, as it just so happened the security cameras caught YY on video and they could ID her getting into his car. Maybe when it came to getting her into his apartment, he was just lucky; no one was around to see him going in. He knows his complex. Perhaps he knew that at around 3-3:30 the parking lot near his door is dead. People still haven't gotten home from work yet. Plus, IIRC, his unit was on the back side away from Springfield, looking out on a line of trees and the Johnson plant. Maybe that part of the complex is usually dead.

I think these details will come out when we finally get around to hearing what the prosecution has.....

[FONT=&quot]It seems like such a bizarre, poor plan, to pick someone up in broad daylight, possibly restrain or incapacitate them almost immediately, and haul them back to your own apt.! — yet indications are that that’s what he did.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We know about his FetLife connection but I wonder if he was involved with crime forum sites, or read lots of crime books, or watched crime shows/videos obsessively — I’m imagining someone who maybe could be impelled by a Ted Bundy-like story to use a ruse to get females into his vehicle and then soon assault them. Hard to see how someone with no criminal record gets to this point unless ‘inspired’ by something they read or saw elsewhere???[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]It seems like such a bizarre, poor plan, to pick someone up in broad daylight, possibly restrain or incapacitate them almost immediately, and haul them back to your own apt.! — yet indications are that that’s what he did.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]We know about his FetLife connection but I wonder if he was involved with crime forum sites, or read lots of crime books, or watched crime shows/videos obsessively — I’m imagining someone who maybe could be impelled by a Ted Bundy-like story to use a ruse to get females into his vehicle and then soon assault them. Hard to see how someone with no criminal record gets to this point unless ‘inspired’ by something they read or saw elsewhere???[/FONT]
There is very little information available on his social memberships.. That is strange.
He did favour the book #american Psycho'.

I once accidentally lent it to a friend with a pile of art books. He never spoke to me again.

It is absolutely cold.. without sympathy, empathy compassion or any other human attributes, but it is also very real..
I believe Christensen can be found in it's pages.

I believe it was not his first victim, though so far no evidence has been found to suggest he killed any others.
Perhaps all his contacts on the fetish websites were also his victims.. maybe just on a mental plane..psychological..

It's possible he was also a member of dark websites, where murder is commonplace..
I think he knew how to kill.
Though blood has been mentioned in most recent reports, I'm not sure whether her death was bloody or merely left traces of blood in saliva etc..
eg if he drowned her in a bath in his apartment.. just because he could and the pleasure he derived was from watching her drown and struggle..
She could have expectorated blood stained fluid pre or peri death
http://www.sado.org/content/pub/10674_DNA-Materials.pdf

this is a very comprehensive pdf on dna.. was unable to copy/paste relevant pieces but it's easy reading and well laid out

Well, that would certainly explain it. What a disturbing creep :(
The article I posted a few pages back mentions he did martial arts and wrestling when he was younger and I wondered if that was how he rendered her unconscious.

The article I posted a few pages back mentions he did martial arts when he was younger and I wondered if that was how he rendered her unconscious.

no idea..we discussed it in the past.. will be most interesting to watch or see reported the fbi enhanced video of her entering the car and her apparent immediate disappearance..
could be car seat was set to fall back and a quick elbow from him to side of her head did what he needed to do..

[FONT=&amp]It seems like such a bizarre, poor plan, to pick someone up in broad daylight, possibly restrain or incapacitate them almost immediately, and haul them back to your own apt.! — yet indications are that that’s what he did.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]We know about his FetLife connection but I wonder if he was involved with crime forum sites, or read lots of crime books, or watched crime shows/videos obsessively — I’m imagining someone who maybe could be impelled by a Ted Bundy-like story to use a ruse to get females into his vehicle and then soon assault them. Hard to see how someone with no criminal record gets to this point unless ‘inspired’ by something they read or saw elsewhere???[/FONT]

Yeah, there were holes all over his plan; that's one reason why I think this was his first. I also think it wasn't going to be his last. This was only the beginning. Thankfully they were able to get that video, so the beginning was also the end.

Is this the Johnson Plant we are talking about?

http://www.news-gazette.com/news/business/2015-05-04/steve-hillard-serial-entrepreneur.html

"Today, he said, about 70 percent of the company's business lies in four sectors: scientific instruments, industrial measurement, defense and electronic retailing. He sees medical and scientific technology as a growing area to serve in coming years."

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Yes, that's the plant they are talking about, but it is not in use now.

I've read the news article describing the prosecution's response a couple of times now, and the more I think about it, the more I think the defense is grasping at straws trying to get testimony excluded on a technicality.

occasionally, one of the local TV stations puts the filings on DocStoc or other file sharing sites. I'll see if I can find it. Sometimes reading the entire document can offer up interesting tidbits of info that don't make it into media reports on the filings....

For what it;s worth ,, I actually don't want BC to get the death penalty. IMO, life in prrison with NO chance at parole is infinately worse. See how Joe Karate Kid fares with men and not small women !

For what it;s worth ,, I actually don't want BC to get the death penalty. IMO, life in prrison with NO chance at parole is infinately worse. See how Joe Karate Kid fares with men and not small women !

I swing wildly with this one.. I dislike dP because I think killing people is wrong.
But I detest this creepo so much I want to be the executioner and my mind has fantasies about hurting him.. (metal objects and the like to private parts.. until he tells where he put her and how he killed her and then some more just for good measure)
Such is the helplessness one feels at the loss of innocence and life..
it's not how the law works, however and for that we should be grateful.
It's the most frustrating case ever..

Regarding the death penalty, this article came out today

http://www.news-gazette.com/news/lo...recent-cases-not-bellwether-christensens.html

i haven't read about the case, but the Feds just announced they would seek death for a Florida man charged with the same crime as BC: kidnapping resulting in death.

I think it will come down to just how bad the torture/serious physical abuse is, and what evidence they have for that.

I think not having the body actually hurts the chance of seeking death somewhat.

Regarding the death penalty, this article came out today

http://www.news-gazette.com/news/lo...recent-cases-not-bellwether-christensens.html

i haven't read about the case, but the Feds just announced they would seek death for a Florida man charged with the same crime as BC: kidnapping resulting in death.

I think it will come down to just how bad the torture/serious physical abuse is, and what evidence they have for that.

I think not having the body actually hurts the chance of seeking death somewhat.

IMHO I believe the prosecution will start with the kidnapping and lying to investigators charges as a measuring stick to see how strong the case for murder charges may be. If they can get an aggravated kidnapping charge they would basically have him locked up from anywhere 20 to maybe 60? years, At this point they can see if he might want to disclose her location. If not they can then try him for the murder, With a kidnapping verdict in place it will make the murder charges seem to be more advantageous. This way, even if he isn't convicted on that , he's still in prison.
Now to my second thoughts on BC as a person. Here we have an average appearing young man, well educated, decent childhood upbringing. So now here he is , in a locked up room, possibly facing never to be a free man again. At what point does the extreme realization of this hit home? I'm going to assume that for the time being , he's in PC. Protective Custody. Probably even under a suicide watch. Once convicted of kidnapping and/or murder, he will be slapped into a real life prison, surrounded by and living with real hardened criminals, the likes of which this little punk has never seen before. That tough guy stare we have all seen him use up to now will not be a big plus for him on the inside. He's not rich or well connected, so he won't be in a summer retreat type of lockup. I think for now anyway, he is riding high on his celebrity status and will also ride high while the trial and all it's media publicity is going on. BUT, when that is over, his life will then become a daily grind of hopelessness at best. A whole life wasted for just a maybe 5 hour period of depravity. He is exactly the kind of prisoner that may get killed while in jail. Forgive me if I can not find any sympathy for him at all!

IMHO I believe the prosecution will start with the kidnapping and lying to investigators charges as a measuring stick to see how strong the case for murder charges may be. If they can get an aggravated kidnapping charge they would basically have him locked up from anywhere 20 to maybe 60? years, At this point they can see if he might want to disclose her location. If not they can then try him for the murder, With a kidnapping verdict in place it will make the murder charges seem to be more advantageous. This way, even if he isn't convicted on that , he's still in prison.
Now to my second thoughts on BC as a person. Here we have an average appearing young man, well educated, decent childhood upbringing. So now here he is , in a locked up room, possibly facing never to be a free man again. At what point does the extreme realization of this hit home? I'm going to assume that for the time being , he's in PC. Protective Custody. Probably even under a suicide watch. Once convicted of kidnapping and/or murder, he will be slapped into a real life prison, surrounded by and living with real hardened criminals, the likes of which this little punk has never seen before. That tough guy stare we have all seen him use up to now will not be a big plus for him on the inside. He's not rich or well connected, so he won't be in a summer retreat type of lockup. I think for now anyway, he is riding high on his celebrity status and will also ride high while the trial and all it's media publicity is going on. BUT, when that is over, his life will then become a daily grind of hopelessness at best. A whole life wasted for just a maybe 5 hour period of depravity. He is exactly the kind of prisoner that may get killed while in jail. Forgive me if I can not find any sympathy for him at all!
I was thinking about your last line for a while.. weeks and months, actually..
We all detest him..we know it's not a good state to be in for ourselves, to hate, to wish bad upon another.. yet we persist..

Every crime, every murder is utterly shocking and we want justice for the victim.. this case though.. invokes more than those two..

I wonder whether it is a signal that we have become infected with his poison?
Contaminated with his sickness?

I get shocked at my own wrath against him and I try to twist it into desperate and futile attempts to find her, to conquer the darkness by beating him.. to find her before he gets a chance to trade, gain , by disclosing her location in exchange for his life ...
Feds have not found her. Local LE haven't found her, search parties have not found her, yet her remains are -somewhere they never looked.

Is there any point in making a list of possibilities?

I am still in favor of close proximity to his living quarters and I think the cement plant may yield more than already found..

Also remembering that he is drugged up to his gills at mo and unlikely to be feeling or thinking too deeply about anything at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18