Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #7 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

About two hours or so south of Champaign. Almost directly straight south. Easily within driving distane for him to get down there, conceal her, and get back in a reasonable amount of time -especially if he had the spot already picked out and pre-prepared.

$60,000 question: Are the Feds looking into it because they were alerted due to evidence on the scene suggesting it is her, or are they doing so just because they haven't had any luck so far? They don't normally get involved immediately like this whenever remains are found randomly.

we will find out eventually........

Also: This is about 30 miles southeast of Salem, where there was a reported sighting of Yingying that turned out not to be her. I'm sure it's just a coincidence.

About two hours or so south of Champaign. Almost directly straight south. Easily within driving distane for him to get down there, conceal her, and get back in a reasonable amount of time -especially if he had the spot already picked out and pre-prepared.

$60,000 question: Are the Feds looking into it because they were alerted due to evidence on the scene suggesting it is her, or are they doing so just because they haven't had any luck so far? They don't normally get involved immediately like this whenever remains are found randomly.

we will find out eventually........

Also: This is about 30 miles southeast of Salem, where there was a reported sighting of Yingying that turned out not to be her. I'm sure it's just a coincidence.

im hoping and praying it is YY, so she came be brought home to her parents.

Truly hoping the family can bring her home soon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

The five hours mentioned was that supposedly, authorities believe he killed her about five hours after picking her up....

I've been looking for the info on the last thread because I think it was more like she was dead within 5 hours of being picked up. I do hope the remains are YY because then BC will have no possibility of a plea bargain.

im hoping and praying it is YY, so she came be brought home to her parents.

Me, too.

Hoping Mister "Smarty Pants", AKA BC, didn't hide her remains as well as he thought he did . . .

I've been looking for the info on the last thread because I think it was more like she was dead within 5 hours of being picked up. I do hope the remains are YY because then BC will have no possibility of a plea bargain.

I’ve always felt the 5 hour figure (while certainly possible) was quite speculative since it came from a translated Chinese news source that, so far as I know, was never confirmed by any American news source, let alone law enforcement.
I’ll be very surprised if the Boyleston remains are Yingying as there seem to be depressingly many missing people possibilities who it might be (…but I’ve been very surprised before in some cases!) Sure hope we know soon…

From what I recall, it was a report on the seminar at a Chinese university that Zhidong Wang spoke at. The other speaker was a Chinese investigator that worked with the FBI on the case for a while. The translation of the investigators comments had him saying " investigators believe she was killed around five hours after being picked up." It was Google translate, and it can be notoriously bad at translating Chinese and other Asian languages, so perhaps what you remember might be more accurate.

I too hope it is her, because that takes away any and all bargaining chips he has -and since it seems he has not been cooperative or remorseful at all as far as we know, there will be no reason for any sort of leniency with him.

I’ve always felt the 5 hour figure (while certainly possible) was quite speculative since it came from a translated Chinese news source that, so far as I know, was never confirmed by any American news source, let alone law enforcement.
I’ll be very surprised if the Boyleston remains are Yingying as there seem to be depressingly many missing people possibilities who it might be (…but I’ve been very surprised before in some cases!) Sure hope we know soon…

If you read the comments on the thread I link to, you can see just what you say: People are bringing up all sorts of potential names.

My guess would be that it is Megan Nichols, the girl who went missing from nearby Fairfield four years ago. I know nothing about that case, so I have no idea if the FBI was involved in it or not. That they are there involved with the investigation suggests they could possibly think it is Yingying, but they might be thinking it is someone else that they are looking for as well.

This article from this morning says it was found Tuesday, and that the FBI has "joined the investigation." Must be a compelling reason for them to come in -but whether or not that reason is Yingying, only time will tell......

http://www.thexradio.com/news/78-lo...-identify-human-remains-found-in-wayne-county

RBBM

There are always dental records.

Let's hope that she had been to the dentist relatively recently, and that they keep X-rays or other records of patients on file in China. She was only in the US for about six weeks, so I doubt she had been to a dentist here.

This article says the discovery triggered a "massive investigative response by Illinois State Police Detectives and federal authorities."

http://www.courierpress.com/story/news/2017/12/27/human-remains-discovered-s-illinois-farm/984844001/

Hmmmm......

No idea if that is just hyperbole, or if it suggests anything........

Let's hope that she had been to the dentist relatively recently, and that they keep X-rays or other records of patients on file in China. She was only in the US for about six weeks, so I doubt she had been to a dentist here.

They wont need dental records anymore. DNA sampling will tell.Since I know nothing of the missing Fairfield woman case it might be that the remains may be similar in size but as I said they will have dna matches from either YYs family and/or the Fairfield womans family. I personally think that it's just too far to be YY. As much farmland as central IL has . that would seem to be an awful long way to go. But...we shall see. Siigh

They wont need dental records anymore. DNA sampling will tell.Since I know nothing of the missing Fairfield woman case it might be that the remains may be similar in size but as I said they will have dna matches from either YYs family and/or the Fairfield womans family. I personally think that it's just too far to be YY. As much farmland as central IL has . that would seem to be an awful long way to go. But...we shall see. Siigh

No question DNA will be crucial, but one of the sources for this story in the link I provide above is saying that the remains were discovered when the blanket they were wrapped in caught on fire. The farmer who discovered them was evidently burning brush on his property. Burn remains enough and you won't be able to get DNA.

That said, I've only seen one source mentioning a fire, so hopefully that's false.

I've posted a link to some info on Megan Nichols below.....

Here's a link to a summary on the disappearance of Megan Nichols who disappeared from Fairfield, a town not far from where the recently-discovered remains were found.....

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/n/nichols_megan.html

Not much info available on her case. There are suspicions that she is a runaway. It makes sense that the remains would be hers, but if it is true that discovery of these remains triggered a "massive" response by ISP and the Feds, her case just doesn't seem like one that would trigger that.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member