Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #8 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
here we go

BREAKING: Christensen’s lawyers call for mistrial, arguing evidence shown in courtroom unfairly casted defendant in a guilty light. Judge denied motion, but matter doesn’t seem to be resolved. @foxillinois @wics_abc20

This^^^ is ridiculous. The DT said in their opening statement that their client was GUILTY of the murder and they were not denying that fact. So pulling this 'mistrial ' card for 'casting their client in a guilty light' makes no sense.

Assistant Federal Defender Elisabeth Pollock called his lovemachine689 email account "whimsical" and said it was only used for his dating accounts - said 689 refers to his birth month - June 1989 (2/8)
Also tried to cast doubt on how Christensen could shave after buying a bottle of rum at Schnucks at 7:50 a.m. June 9 and before he was first seen on campus at 8:20 a.m. "It might have been tight," Manganaro said. (3/8
Pollock also noted that the canvas duffle bag was still in his apartment June 12, according to his wife, three days after Ms. Zhang's abduction. His wife apparently saw him carry the bag out without much difficulty.
Pollock also tried to establish that the FBI searched far and wide to try to verify Christensen's claim that Ms. Zhang was his 13th victim, noting they found no prior criminal history, compared his DNA against databases and found nothing
Pollock also tried to establish that the FBI searched far and wide to try to verify Christensen's claim that Ms. Zhang was his 13th victim, noting they found no prior criminal history, compared his DNA against databases and found nothing. (5/8)
Manganaro said it's difficult as they didn't have names of the alleged victims. (6/8)
In response, prosecutor Freres asked Manganaro if the FBI finds everyone on its missing persons list or knows where Christensen was every day of his life. Manganaro said no to both. (7/8
Ben Zigterman on Twitter
LIVE: The trial of Brendt Christensen, Day 2

above re shave probably refers to the first sighting of him that day attempting to trap a woman, she possibly described him as clean-shaven.. Not sure how buying the bottle and drinking its entire contents could be inferred as all having happened early in the morning..
Poor Brent, had after all 'sought help ' for his drinking among other foibles..
The bag still being at home on 12...Bundy?
Michelle saw him carry it out.
Out where?

above re shave probably refers to the first sighting of him that day attempting to trap a woman, she possibly described him as clean-shaven.. Not sure how buying the bottle and drinking its entire contents could be inferred as all having happened early in the morning..
Poor Brent, had after all 'sought help ' for his drinking among other foibles..
The bag still being at home on 12...Bundy?
Michelle saw him carry it out.
Out where?

Bag carried out with her on the 9th/10th, brought back without YY, bag taken out and gotten rid of on the 12th after he decided it wasn't safe for him to keep it......

Assistant Federal Defender Elisabeth Pollock called his lovemachine689 email account "whimsical" and said it was only used for his dating accounts - said 689 refers to his birth month - June 1989 (2/8)
Also tried to cast doubt on how Christensen could shave after buying a bottle of rum at Schnucks at 7:50 a.m. June 9 and before he was first seen on campus at 8:20 a.m. "It might have been tight," Manganaro said. (3/8
Pollock also noted that the canvas duffle bag was still in his apartment June 12, according to his wife, three days after Ms. Zhang's abduction. His wife apparently saw him carry the bag out without much difficulty.
Pollock also tried to establish that the FBI searched far and wide to try to verify Christensen's claim that Ms. Zhang was his 13th victim, noting they found no prior criminal history, compared his DNA against databases and found nothing
Pollock also tried to establish that the FBI searched far and wide to try to verify Christensen's claim that Ms. Zhang was his 13th victim, noting they found no prior criminal history, compared his DNA against databases and found nothing. (5/8)
Manganaro said it's difficult as they didn't have names of the alleged victims. (6/8)
In response, prosecutor Freres asked Manganaro if the FBI finds everyone on its missing persons list or knows where Christensen was every day of his life. Manganaro said no to both. (7/8
Ben Zigterman on Twitter
LIVE: The trial of Brendt Christensen, Day 2
Maybe his previous 12 wouldn't get into his car like the woman earlier in the same day he took Ying Ying.

Maybe his previous 12 wouldn't get into his car like the woman earlier in the same day he took Ying Ying.
We have no description of how or where he allegedly killed them.
We have no confirmation of their identities or whether it ever actually happened but so many people go missing, some are never reported..

this- he was watching us watching him, narcissist
Records from Google show BC searched for hypochlorite, ingredients in Oxyclean, how iPhone tracking works, YZ search updates on the UIPD website, news articles about her disappearance, and IL laws on obstruction of justice #yingyingzhang @WCIA3 (all above Aaron Eades who is doing a stellar job of fast tweeting today)
You'd think he would already know all this if YY was his 13th victim as he maintained.

We have no description of how or where he allegedly killed them.
We have no confirmation of their identities or whether it ever actually happened but so many people go missing, some are never reported..
I think it's fantasy. He got caught too easily for this one - he couldn't have got away with 12 others IMO.

I think it's fantasy. He got caught too easily for this one - he couldn't have got away with 12 others IMO.
I totally agree. That was BS drunk talk about being 13 earlier victims. He could never get away like a stealth ninja, not the way he messed up this murder so badly.
He will be found guilty and I don't really care if it is DP or LWOP. Either way, the rest off his pitiful life will suck.

An FBI agent said he looked for Ms. Zhang in Murdock mines in Douglas county, in centennial park trash bins, in isolated area north of Champaign. Didn't find anything. (6/8)
Ben Zigterman
Also referencing this passage, Eades mentioned he testified they searched local creekbeds and drainage culverts in the area, and found nothing

There are a lot of creeks, canals and such around Stonegate, so it is good to hear they were searched.

After the prosecution made their opening statement, his defense attorney opened by saying that his client killed her, and that they wouldn't try to deny it. Everything would be focused on mitigation to spare him the death penalty. This was after pleading not guilty and maneuvering for two years before now finally going to trial.
So why didn't they negotiate a plea deal - I don't get it? Unless he wants this show trial for some weird reason only he knows.

Just catching up after being off internet all afternoon…

1) So I see the Defense called for a mistrial just as I suspected, and I bet they have additional grounds they’ll be using to call for a mistrial (of course Shahid will reject them all). These vile clowns oughta be disbarred from ever again practicing law again (JMO), or really MIS-practicing law.

2) sidenote: I don’t doubt that BC did ghastly things to poor YY, but I do wonder, if his “13 victims” claim is just drunken braggadocio than is that whole verbal description of events in his apt. also exaggerated/fantasized (almost sounds like it came out of ‘American Psycho,’ or some other serial killer documentary) — the amount of blood & mess, I don’t see how he cleaned that up well enough for the wife not to notice upon her return, not to mention the noise that you might expect a neighbor to have heard.

3) finally, as far as I can tell, we still don’t know how (nor how quickly) he disabled YY once she got in the car, nor how he transported her into his apt. unnoticed? Was she conscious or no?

Bag carried out with her on the 9th/10th, brought back without YY, bag taken out and gotten rid of on the 12th after he decided it wasn't safe for him to keep it......

I totally agree.

When he used the bag to get rid of her remains he decided it was less risky to go ahead and take the bag back with him and get rid of it elsewhere. Leaving something he purchased with the remains would be too risky for him.

It makes sense that the wife could have seen the bag when she got home because his lazy butt hadnt found time to get rid of it yet.

Last edited:
Just catching up after being off internet all afternoon…

1) So I see the Defense called for a mistrial just as I suspected, and I bet they have additional grounds they’ll be using to call for a mistrial (of course Shahid will reject them all). These vile clowns oughta be disbarred from ever again practicing law again (JMO), or really MIS-practicing law.

2) sidenote: I don’t doubt that BC did ghastly things to poor YY, but I do wonder, if his “13 victims” claim is just drunken braggadocio than is that whole verbal description of events in his apt. also exaggerated/fantasized (almost sounds like it came out of ‘American Psycho,’ or some other serial killer documentary) — the amount of blood & mess, I don’t see how he cleaned that up well enough for the wife not to notice upon her return, not to mention the noise that you might expect a neighbor to have heard.

3) finally, as far as I can tell, we still don’t know how (nor how quickly) he disabled YY once she got in the car, nor how he transported her into his apt. unnoticed? Was she conscious or no?

In the opening statement, Miller references the consensual kidnapping he tried to set up, and BC mentions wanting to bind the woman and stuff her into a big duffel bag...

Excellent. Thanks for this....

Miller doesn’t mention him stabbing her in the bedroom after the rape, just that he assaulted her.

Sadly, he mentions she grabbed for her neck when he stabbed it. It could be a reflex, but it suggests she was conscious when he was cutting her head off.

What a worthless excuse of a human being he is...........
That was the hardest thing to read.
She was also menstruating at that time acc to witness on transcript.
He claimed to TB that he had not had an orgasm... did he get angry because she was menstruating and did that fuel his further actions?
Probably, not.
I think he planned a bloody crime, I think he planned on using a knife before he took her.. Entire defense are trying to humanise him while adding to the cruelty of his crime.
No amount of preparation could prepare her parents for this style trial, these revelations.
My heart goes out to the poor child girl...
trying so hard to succeed in a new world, bravely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay