Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #8 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FBI agent testifies in University of Illinois murder trial

Zhang's mother has been too emotional to be in court, and has been listening from a different part of the courthouse.
I wonder who is with her. I really wish she did not feel she had to or should listen to this. I realize there is a possibility she feels she needs to, but you can’t unsee certain images put in your head, and I just wish she would/could avoid that further hell.

uring opening statements Wednesday, a federal prosecutor, Eugene Miller, told jurors in grisly detail what authorities believe happened to Zhang. Miller said Christensen took Zhang to his apartment and raped, choked and stabbed her in his bedroom. Miller said Christensen then dragged Zhang into his bathroom and pummeled her in the head with a baseball bat before decapitating her.

It wasn’t immediately clear what Christensen is alleged to have done with the garbage bags — or the Drano. The liquid commonly used for unclogging sinks, tubs and other drains contains sodium hydroxide or lye, which can be used for dissolving organic matter.
Testimony: Suspect bought Drano after Chinese scholar death
thThe trial was moved to Peoria in central Illinois after Christensen’s lawyers said pretrial publicity would have made it impossible for the 29-year-old former physics student to get a fair trial in the Champaign area, where the 45,000-student university is locatedis bit

(why move trial in light of yesterday's announcement? Why destroy and publicly name TB?)
So vexatious it seems the lawyers were under his direct control to make everything as difficult and as excruciatingly impossibly cruel for her family and loved ones?)

I wonder who is with her. I really wish she did not feel she had to or should listen to this. I realize there is a possibility she feels she needs to, but you can’t unsee certain images put in your head, and I just wish she would/could avoid that further hell.

If I remember rightly, the family made friends with people in Urbana and they were going to attend court with them. I can't remember which paper it was in. At least mum isn't alone, she has support thankfully. I cannot imagine what that poor woman has been through these past two days.

Aaron Eades just tweeted BC’s defense tried to call for a mistrial on account of BC asking for a lawyer in the video interview. Said it could
Make the jury prejudice about his guilt or innocence. The judge denied this request. Citing they admitted his guilt in the opening statement.

Amazon records show BC bought a "Heavyweight Cotton Canvas Outback Duffle Bag", size "Colossal" in March 2017, then returned it...then bought it again days before Zhang's abduction. #yingyingzhang @WCIA3
Manganaro had the FBI office buy the exact same one, and they demonstrated it to the jury. It's six feet tall #yingyingzhang @WCIA3
Continuing testimony, Manganaro details records the FBI obtained about Christensen's google searches and purchase records @WCIA
Defense called for a MISTRIAL-- On account of video of BC asking for a lawyer. Cited case law, claiming it could make the jury prejudiced about his guilt or innocence. Judge denied motion, citing defense's opening statement admitting their client's guilt #yingyingzhang @WCIA3

LIVE: The trial of Brendt Christensen, Day 2
this bit- tweeted already but... 3 days later would be the Monday.. when did Michelle arrive home?
— Three days later, on June 12, Christensen returned to Schnucks to buy Drano and kitchen garbage bags.

She was home by sometime on the 12th. The 12th was the day that the FBI agents made initial contact with him and did the first search of his car. In the original criminal complaint, they mention that another occupant of the apartment was there. They didn't have a roommate, so it must have been Michelle.

He was probably basically cleaning right up to the moment she got back.

My guess is that there was something clogging the bathtub drain (a big blood clot clogging the drain, or maybe a fragment of her skull) and that was what he was trying to dislodge with drano. Remember also, on the 13th someone at his apartment put in a maintenance request. I bet it was because the drain was clogged and he couldn't get it unclogged.

this- he was watching us watching him, narcissist
Records from Google show BC searched for hypochlorite, ingredients in Oxyclean, how iPhone tracking works, YZ search updates on the UIPD website, news articles about her disappearance, and IL laws on obstruction of justice #yingyingzhang @WCIA3 (all above Aaron Eades who is doing a stellar job of fast tweeting today)

This is why I think the defense's strategy of having him plead not guilty, demand a jury trial, then draw things out for two years when they know he is guilty just so he could have a chance at getting *one* juror to spare his life could backfire.

He has deliberately put her parents through hell for two years, all the while knowing he was guilty and that the prosecution had him dead in the water with no chance of being found innocent. Instead of showing remorse and contrition, and changing his plea, he dragged them through hell -by making them wait for two years with a glimmer of unreasonable hope that she was alive, and by forcing them to endure a public airing of the details of their daughter's demise.

Someone is going to point all this out to the jury, and it will undermine a lot of their mitigating evidence

Oh dear.. Ben's tweets
Agent Manganaro testifying. Said they obtained a tracker warrant for Brendt's Camaro, which wasn't fruitful. (grrrrr)
this is all about Manganaro's testimony.. he is just now about to be cross examined by defense
eached out to State dept to get Ms. Zhang's fingerprints from her J1 visa. (3/14)
alked about how his girlfriend "appeared very distraught" after returning from campus vigil wearing a wire. (4/14)

1 reply0 retweets1 like

this bit?
June 8 google about oxiclean. June 12 "how iPhone tracking works"

this- he was watching us watching him, narcissist
Records from Google show BC searched for hypochlorite, ingredients in Oxyclean, how iPhone tracking works, YZ search updates on the UIPD website, news articles about her disappearance, and IL laws on obstruction of justice #yingyingzhang @WCIA3 (all above Aaron Eades who is doing a stellar job of fast tweeting today)

Hypochlorite (bleach) and oxyclean. Probably trying to see how well they cleaned blood and destroyed DNA

He certainly had a plan but then found out cleaning is hard work. He'll find things hard when he's locked up and waiting for the needle or chair or whatever they use there.

How could he. How could he put such a devoted family through this. I don't swear but he's just a b******, a rotten one at that.

Said Christensen talked about how he purchased a 6-foot duffle bag twice: Once in March and returned it; again June 3. Manganaro bought one for FBI and unrolled it in court to show how big it is.

— Said he went through Christensen’s google searches from June 8–30. Among the findings: a June 8 google about oxiclean. a June 12 google “how iPhone tracking works;” and googles for UIPD search update and News-Gazette article on $10k reward on June 17. LIVE: The trial of Brendt Christensen, Day 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member