Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #8 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought you'd like that one. I feel happier seeing that now knowing they did actually get out and about and search,
Only for 3 weeks though... bit better than earlier reports saying a week.. (Ap report, week or 10 days ago. My internet down today so trying to catch up. Grrrrrrrrr always happens at times like this..

I thought you'd like that one. I feel happier seeing that now knowing they did actually get out and about and search,

I think they have gone out and searched over the past 18 months from time to time whenever they have gotten a credible tip, and I am certain they were searching a lot of places in the initial weeks of the event. It is only very, very recently that the FBI has said "no comment" when asked if they were still searching for her -and that might simply be because the trial was just days away from beginning and they didn't want to say anything that would impact it. Months before that, they had stated they were still looking for her, and a court filing indicated that they were monitoring his communications for clues as to what he did with her remains. At this point, with nothing more to go on, and BC being a monster and not wanting to reveal what he did with them, searching for her becomes a needle in a haystack scenario. Where do you start? Moreover, if he DID put her in water, or got her into a landfill, how does someone like dm92 search these locations? Answer: he can't. Furthermore, in regards to land-based searching, the FBI and other LEO can use their powers to look where they want (including search warrants if a landowner doesn't want to be bothered but they have credible info that she might be there). Meanwhile, dm92 has no such power, and can get rung up for trespassing if he starts looking around the wrong property and the owner gets pissed.

All very frustrating.....

Raped and decapitated: US court hears details of Chinese scholar’s death

“Her blood ran down the wall,” the prosecutor said, as some of Zhang’s relatives sat in court listening to an interpreter through headsets. “Thousands of miles away from her parents, alone with a stranger, she breathes her last breath.”

So shocking to learn from the Gazette report earlier that her family had been unprepared for anything they heard yesterday.

“Her blood ran down the wall,” the prosecutor said, as some of Zhang’s relatives sat in court listening to an interpreter through headsets. “Thousands of miles away from her parents, alone with a stranger, she breathes her last breath.”

So shocking to learn from the Gazette report earlier that her family had been unprepared for anything they heard yesterday.

I wish there was a way to get a transcript of the opening statement (there might be, I just don't know where to look). I have heard conflicting reports that he stabbed her in the bedroom, too, after raping her and subsequently trying to strangle her, and other reports don't mention that. Reading his transcript is the only way to get the story straight, it seems.....

IT's sad, but they have to keep everything under wraps in order to have the best possible chance to convict him -even if it takes two years. That's why if I were a juror, I would be livid that he drew this out this long and put her family through hell for this long, only to admit in the very first sentence out of his attorney's mouth that he did indeed do it........

Rather than taking her to the apartment complex where she was headed to sign a lease, Christensen took Zhang back to his apartment and disabled her iPhone, Miller said. Christensen raped and beat Zhang in his bedroom, then choked her and carried her to the bathroom, where he hit her in the head with a Louisville Slugger baseball bat — “in his words, as hard as he could,” Miller said.

Yingying Zhang - update : UnresolvedMysteries

Link shared by Unresolved Mysteries on Twitter
tweeted by-JusticeForYingYing (@find_yingying) | Twitter

Agent Smith said he talked to BC while another agent searched his car. Says the conversation was normal, until the agent opened the glove box. Then BC became focused on the search, breaking eye contact and attention to Smith @WCIA3
Aaron Eades

I wish there was a way to get a transcript of the opening statement (there might be, I just don't know where to look). I have heard conflicting reports that he stabbed her in the bedroom, too, after raping her and subsequently trying to strangle her, and other reports don't mention that. Reading his transcript is the only way to get the story straight, it seems.....
There are conflicting reports about that, I noticed. AP reported sequence as
he bound her
he raped her
he strangled her
he stabbed her in the bedroom
he dragged her to bathroom, bashed her head in with baseball bat
then he decapitated her
I have no way to know which is most accurate but I cannot perceive a human body sustaining all those injuries to be alive while being decapitated.... Pacer might have transcripts but it's difficult to navigate nad expensive as they charge one for errors too.

1. Both pointed out that they had all this happening on video. Christensen: “I’ve seen the videos, but I didn’t see me.” @WCIA3

0 replies0 retweets0 likes

2. Aaron Eades‏ @WCIA3Eades 5m5 minutes ago
    Manganaro: “I want to find her. I’m asking for help. Brendt, I need to know why she’s getting into your car and I need to know where she went.” @WCIA3

3. Aaron Eades‏ @WCIA3Eades 6m6 minutes ago
    Stiverson: “Why do you think we brought you up here?....It’s fair to say that we know it’a not true” (referring to BC claiming he let Zhang out of the car) Christensen: “Why would I lie?” @WCIA3

pecial Agent Anthony Manganaro replies “I mean, we’re talking about a pretty rare car.” UIPD detective Eric Stiverson says “You know that we didn’t bring you all the way up here to talk about video games and what you had for lunch that day.” @WCIA3

1. C tells agent and detective he let her out of the car after she started “freaking out”. They asked him what ethnicity she looked like. “I have trouble telling Asians apart, sorry,” he replied @WCIA3

2. Aaron Eades‏ @WCIA3Eades 4m4 minutes ago
    Stiverson: “I know that you picked her up. Where did you drop her off?” Christensen: “....Maybe I’m getting my days mixed up, then.....I did pick a girl up, but I don’t know where.” @WCIA3

Manganaro: “My theory is that she didn’t get out of the car.” Christensen: “Okay.” Stiverson: “We will find her. Now when we find her is up to you...you know and we know that she didn’t just get out of your car.” @WCIA3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tawana V