Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #8 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great post kitty. Sets me thinking all over again but I'm certain there is plenty of evidence against him that we mere mortals do not know yet. He's not going to walk from this.
he won't walk, most likely.
But she will remain a missing person forever is my feaThey will add her name to the extraordinarily long list of victims whose remains were never found.
That is too depressing.
And his conviction, if it happens will add nothing to our search.
It doesn't even matter much anymore.
All we got is 'they believe she is dead'
could just as easily be 'they believe she is alive and sold into slavery'.
Meaningless without her recovery, dead or alive.

The balance of the information published is heavily weighed in favour of the perpetrator in terms of time and quantity.
Ditto - balance of state resources and budgets.
Is that not morally and ethically wrong?

But she will remain a missing person forever is my feaThey will add her name to the extraordinarily long list of victims whose remains were never found.
That is too depressing.

The balance of the information published is heavily weighed in favour of the perpetrator in terms of time and quantity.

I understand how you feel, it's just not right becoming an unfound. No proper farewell, nothing for the family. Just left hidden somewhere, rotted away. It hurts to think of the hours you have devoted to this case, and there will be more unfortunately, many more.

As far as balance of the information published is heavily weighted in favour of the perp in terms of time and quantity. Or is it really? No, no, no. The Prosecution are playing their arms close to their chest, take itfrom me, they know what they are upagainst, and they are ready.

Kitty, do yourself a favour, take some deep breaths, and step back, just for a few days. I want you around when we get to Court. To read the dribbles as they come in now and again. I don't want you over worked and in a shambles. You've given YY as much as you could, I've witnessed that but were at a point now we need rest, recuperation, and readiness.

I understand how you feel, it's just not right becoming an unfound. No proper farewell, nothing for the family. Just left hidden somewhere, rotted away. It hurts to think of the hours you have devoted to this case, and there will be more unfortunately, many more.

As far as balance of the information published is heavily weighted in favour of the perp in terms of time and quantity. Or is it really? No, no, no. The Prosecution are playing their arms close to their chest, take itfrom me, they know what they are upagainst, and they are ready.

Kitty, do yourself a favour, take some deep breaths, and step back, just for a few days. I want you around when we get to Court. To read the dribbles as they come in now and again. I don't want you over worked and in a shambles. You've given YY as much as you could, I've witnessed that but were at a point now we need rest, recuperation, and readiness.
You're right as always @altojack.
I always got too enmeshed in this case... I've had to pull myself away many times.. First, I was the last to accept she is dead.
Now I cannot accept she is unfound!
I'll be here for the crumbs. I like the people here. It's been a tough few years.
Fruitless speculation and theorising in the hope that some clue would emerge or it would spark someone who might have been reading, to remember some thing or some person, some clue as to where her body might be...
Thank you.
Still another few weeks before trial though, time enough for another serious search, just sayin'..

Yes kitty, you and your "just saying", I know that one too. Now shut down your computer and step away. Have an early night for a change. Good night.

Monday, May 13th:
*Pretrial Conference Hearing (@ 11am ET) - IL - Yingying Zhang (26) (missing on June 9, 2017, Urbana; not found) - *Brendt A. Christensen (28) indicted (6/30/17) on kidnapping (Federal charge) resulting in death of Yingying and 2 counts of giving false statements to FBI. Plead not guilty. Held without bond. DA will seek DP.
5/13: Pretrial Conference; 5/30: Status Conference; 6/3: Trial begins with jury selection; trial should last about 5 weeks.
Court hearings from 1/11/19 thru 4/12/19 reference post #382 here:
Still Missing - IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #8 *Arrest*

4/12/19 Update: Pretrial Conference set 5/13/19.
4/25/19 Update: Judge Shadid basically denied all of BC's motions to strike the Non-Statutory and Statutory Aggravators, except one (other serious acts of violence), which he reserved ruling on until after the conclusion of the guilt phase. Motions 101 (150), 103 (151), 104 (149), 105 (150), 106 (150), 107 (152), 108 (150 & 175), 109 (150), 111 (152), 112 (152), & 122 (150). Also denied motion 304.
4/24/19: Judge denies 167 Motion to Compel Discovery of Victim Impact Evidence; denies 304 Motion for Reconsideration. 4/26/19: Notice of Withdrawal by Christensen re 161 Notice (Other). 4/30/19: Judge approves withdrawal of mental health defense.
5/1/19 Update: Status Conference set for 5/29/2019 is reset for Thursday, 5/30/2019 at 2:30pm.

May 13, 2019

Minute Entry for proceedings held before Judge James E. Shadid: Parties present in open court Attys Eugene Miller, Bryan Freres, and James Nelson on behalf of the Govt and Dft Brendt A Christensen with his Attys Robert Tucker, Matthew Rubenstein, Elisabeth Pollock, George Taseff and Julie Brain for a Pretrial Conference on Monday, 5/13/2019. Discussion held re disclosures for the penalty phase, if that in fact occurs. Witness lists to be filed by 5/28/2019. If found guilty, defense to provide list of mitigating factors within 24 hours thereafter. Procedures for jury selection discussed. 40 jurors will be summoned each day - 20 in the morning with 20 more in the afternoon. Proposed voir dire questions for the general panel and for the first few groups of individual jurors due on 5/28/2019. Two visual aids presented by the defense for consideration to be shown to prospective jurors. Govt objects as proposed. Defense agrees to provide revised version to the Govt by the end of this week. Court orders that if parties are unable to agree, each side may submit their own version to the Court to make a final determination. In-camera session held. Case remains set for a Status Conference on Thursday, 5/30/2019 at 2:30 PM ahead of Jury Selection to begin on Monday, 6/3/2019. Dft remanded to the custody of the U.S. Marshal. (Court Reporter NM) (JRK, ilcd)
Source-Docket for United States v. Christensen, 2:17-cr-20037 - CourtListener.com
Pre-trial conference. Partly held in-camera.

Nothing in the news about the status conference. I passed by the memorial garden on the way home and saw someone setting up a camera tripod on the sidewalk next to it. I’ll watch the local tv stations to see if there is any report of some kind.

The woman setting up appeared to be Asian, and while she could be from anywhere, it may be some Chinese news service simply getting some pictures/brief video to use as stock footage for upcoming reports on the trial. Even though there was a status conference today, there wasn’t anything really noteworthy that came out of it, so I wouldn’t expected any local tv reports.

Within weeks now of your impending doom Brendt. My anger still hasn’t subsided. Your a monster, your a sexual deviant, you thrive off others people pain and misery. Guess what? We get to watch you suffer now.

YY was an innocent girl, just trying to further her education for her family so she could take care of them. Only meant to be here for one year, and within 6 weeks was kidnapped by a low life scum bag.

Evidently, this was why I saw a camera being set up when I drove past the memorial this afternoon..

Defense focuses on jury selection ahead of Yingying Zhang murder trial

Nothing really new, just discussing the hearing today and the back and forth regarding setting up questioning of potential jurors.

I think this report is the first report, print or video, where I have seen sexual assault mentioned. All other mentions have been in the court filings

I share your frustration Kitty. Courtroom drama is not really my thing. I am much more interested in criminal investigation and in getting the family some answers. I can't even fathom that this guy who is not, as far as we know, a mastermind, serial killer, hid a body so well that it can't be found nor that he is so savvy, so tough, no seasoned interrogator was able to get the truth out of him in a jiffy. For me the investigation part is the hopeful part. The part where law enforcement should have the upper hand since this guy is not Ted Bundy. Crafty lawyers arguing back and forth, not for me personally.

That is too depressing.

I share your frustration Kitty. Courtroom drama is not really my thing. I am much more interested in criminal investigation and in getting the family some answers. I can't even fathom that this guy who is not, as far as we know, a mastermind, serial killer, hid a body so well that it can't be found nor that he is so savvy, so tough, no seasoned interrogator was able to get the truth out of him in a jiffy. For me the investigation part is the hopeful part. The part where law enforcement should have the upper hand since this guy is not Ted Bundy. Crafty lawyers arguing back and forth, not for me personally.
Well said and thanks for saying it. You summarised it really sharply.
Crafty lawyers combined with a volatile political situation between US and China combined with the interconnectedness of politics and judicial appointments does rather fly in the face of fairness justice and truth.
Somehow, the victim became abandoned, lost and forgotten. UNFOUND.
Maybe that is the driving force here. Outrage exhausted.
He is not Einstein.

this-

May 16, 2019

MOTION for Order to Allow Defense Investigators to Interview Inmates at the Livingston County Jail by Brendt A Christensen. (Attachments: # 1 Text of Proposed Order)(Pollock, Elisabeth) (Entered: 05/16/2019)

Main Document

Miscellaneous Relief

Buy on PACER
Attachment 1

Text of Proposed Order
Source-Docket for United States v. Christensen, 2:17-cr-20037 - CourtListener.com

Is this a request for new interviews?
Are they still searching for her?

Edit- I misread it. This is a request for DEFENSE to interview prisoners.
Enough already!!!!

Response , just in- permitted!!!

Source- Response to Motion – #345 in United States v. Christensen (C.D. Ill., 2:17-cr-20037) – CourtListener.com

DEFENDANT’S FOR AN ORDER TO ALLOW DEFENSE INVESTIGATORS TO INTERVIEW INMATES NOW COMES the United States of America, by John C. Milhiser, United States Attorney for the Central District of Illinois, and Eugene L. Miller and Bryan D. Freres, Assistant United States Attorneys, and Department of Justice Trial Attorney James B. Nelson, and hereby states that it has no objection to the Defendant’s Motion for an Order to Allow Defense Investigators to Interview Inmates at the Livingston County Jail. (R.341) Respectfully submitted,

Response , just in- permitted!!!

Source- Response to Motion – #345 in United States v. Christensen (C.D. Ill., 2:17-cr-20037) – CourtListener.com

DEFENDANT’S FOR AN ORDER TO ALLOW DEFENSE INVESTIGATORS TO INTERVIEW INMATES NOW COMES the United States of America, by John C. Milhiser, United States Attorney for the Central District of Illinois, and Eugene L. Miller and Bryan D. Freres, Assistant United States Attorneys, and Department of Justice Trial Attorney James B. Nelson, and hereby states that it has no objection to the Defendant’s Motion for an Order to Allow Defense Investigators to Interview Inmates at the Livingston County Jail. (R.341) Respectfully submitted,

For what purpose?

For what purpose?
I don't have the slightest idea.
I do not know where the SOI is currently imprisoned .
The prosecution were accused of conducting an illegal search recently and as far as I know they stated they spoke with his fellow inmates, while he was attending court and did not actually search his cell themselves, but watched it being searched, remember the piece? He had more books than allowed and we never got the titles..
Is it possible the FBI actually believe they received significant information from the other prisoners on that occasion and is this an attempt to discredit one or both parties or the procedure itself, again? just speculating..
But, coming this close to the actual jury selection is a tad concerning. Out of the order of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbod153