Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #8 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we suspected he may have committed more murders but I dont remember that we knew the tape recording has him admitting to 13 murders. Unless he was exagerrating I think its worth LE to re-look at other cases.

According to the defense, the FBI conducted a multi-state investigation and found no evidence he had killed anyone else.

Thanks. I may write on this Thursday. A not guilty-plea got them a full trial_giving them more time to lay out why #Christensen shouldn’t be executed. Guilty verdict could have meant straight to a sentencing judge deciding. Now, they have to convince just 1 juror to oppose death.
Michael Tarm (@mtarm) | Twitter in reply to a question regarding pleading not guilty while being guilty.

Those lakes at Kickapoo would be very good for hiding a body. It’s an old surface pit coal mine. After it was mined out, it was eventually turned into a state park, @nd they flooded the pits, turning them into deep lakes. Back in the early 2000s, a UIUC student who was from a nearby small town left a party and drove through Kickapoo on his way home. He went missing. Turns out he had driven off the road and had went into one of the lakes. They searched there but didn’t find anything for ten years. One day they were trying out a new kind of sonar and stumbled on his vehicle. The new sonar was able to image it. It just so happened to be a lake they had searched ten years before but had been unable to pick anything up when they searched it the first time.

The thing about a lake though is that bodies float to the surface or end up on the shoreline unless weighted down properly/successfully (which is not that easy to do; and doesn't strike me as his 'style'!) -- JMO, I've never believed he deposited her body in a lake (nor in woods) -- if he did I don't believe he'd be so confident of it never being found. Anyway, I think before the trial is over we'll know what he did with her.

Do we know when T.E.B. will testify (tomorrow???), and more generally is there an approximate timetable for the order and days that prosecution witnesses will take the stand? (perhaps someone already posted it and I missed it?)

Those lakes at Kickapoo would be very good for hiding a body. It’s an old surface pit coal mine. After it was mined out, it was eventually turned into a state park, @nd they flooded the pits, turning them into deep lakes. Back in the early 2000s, a UIUC student who was from a nearby small town left a party and drove through Kickapoo on his way home. He went missing. Turns out he had driven off the road and had went into one of the lakes. They searched there but didn’t find anything for ten years. One day they were trying out a new kind of sonar and stumbled on his vehicle. The new sonar was able to image it. It just so happened to be a lake they had searched ten years before but had been unable to pick anything up when they searched it the first time.

Your thinking of the Ryan catcher case, remember that one well. Those ponds at Kickapoo get very deep, upwards of 100’.

Just got home from church. We formed a prayer circle and prayed for YY beautiful spirit, we prayed for her family, for their care, past, present, future.

You have done a real fine job of keeping us updated. Thanks kittythehare!

I knee this was going to be bad, but it has turned my stomach, just the same.

Bless Yingying, and bless her family. :(
Thanks. I wasn't expecting it myself though the notion of a beheading had crossed my mind in the past, more in relation to a snuff movie scenario than in the aftermath of a rape and stabbing.
It's not a trial really.
It's merely an effort to thwart the death penalty for Christensen.
Like a weird social experiment at taxpayers' expense.
I'm annoyed we, the public, were not given advance notice of these tactics and the state of play.
I'm also annoyed nobody leaked the alleged Bundy fascination of BC, especially while an active search was taking place when the information could have led to new search directions.
I'm still hoping her body can be found for her parents and for her own personal dignity, rights and reputation.
I know it's probably unlikely, but no law against hopin', it aint over until it's over.

Why Brendt why?
Why Brendt why?
What have you gained from this? I’m angry. I’m angry at you, may god have no mercy on your soul. You show no remorse, you get a hard on over the suffering of her family. Should you be sentenced to death, I hope Mr and Mrs Zhang our standing behind the glass

Wow...No wonder BC's first lawyers dumped him. Does this mean it will switch right to the penalty phase? Is he still pleading not guilty? I'm confused.
I had to wipe tears reading what he had done to her. Her poor mother, it's just unreal. There is a special place for people like BC. I think he should go the same way she did.

I'm still reading all these posts and of course am in shock as to how this killed her!!! I had to pause here a minute to respond to your post tho..momminit. I know 2 different guys who have been in prison...real prison..real time.. One did 30 years for aggravated arson..the other did 20 for murder...sigh..anyway.. I've talked to both of them about this case and mainly about BC and what the thoughts are when a guy like him arrives in prison.
this is the gist of what both of them had to say..first off..a murderer who hits prison can at times be a folk hero of sorts..BUT.. it has to be a manly type of murder..if that makes sense..In the pecking order of prison the lowest form of scum is a child molester ( they call them short eyes ) and they will be beaten on sight if possible. The second is a man who kills an innocent woman...
BC kinda falls into both. According to my guys..BC will for sure be in a segregated cell area called PC ( protective custody ) or as they say..pussy central..
Depending on which facility he lands at, there will be a group that will want to get their hands on this punk. In prison, There are only 2 ways to do your time...you join whatever group you fit...white aryan brotherhood..the blacks...latinos..and even the orientals..( I'll skip giving you the real names of each group as I'm sure some of you have watched HBO's tv series. OZ
The other way is to make no connections and do your time with no back ups.
What will maybe happen is..and it may take years.. but one day..a guard slips up ( or gets bribed ! ) and some how BC is accesible.. there will be people who are ready when this happens..and it won't be pretty.
Look up Whitey Bulger.

I'm still reading all these posts and of course am in shock as to how this killed her!!! I had to pause here a minute to respond to your post tho..momminit. I know 2 different guys who have been in prison...real prison..real time.. One did 30 years for aggravated arson..the other did 20 for murder...sigh..anyway.. I've talked to both of them about this case and mainly about BC and what the thoughts are when a guy like him arrives in prison.
this is the gist of what both of them had to say..first off..a murderer who hits prison can at times be a folk hero of sorts..BUT.. it has to be a manly type of murder..if that makes sense..In the pecking order of prison the lowest form of scum is a child molester ( they call them short eyes ) and they will be beaten on sight if possible. The second is a man who kills an innocent woman...
BC kinda falls into both. According to my guys..BC will for sure be in a segregated cell area called PC ( protective custody ) or as they say..pussy central..
Depending on which facility he lands at, there will be a group that will want to get their hands on this punk. In prison, There are only 2 ways to do your time...you join whatever group you fit...white aryan brotherhood..the blacks...latinos..and even the orientals..( I'll skip giving you the real names of each group as I'm sure some of you have watched HBO's tv series. OZ
The other way is to make no connections and do your time with no back ups.
What will maybe happen is..and it may take years.. but one day..a guard slips up ( or gets bribed ! ) and some how BC is accesible.. there will be people who are ready when this happens..and it won't be pretty.
Look up Whitey Bulger.
That cheered me up a tad, thank you and feel free to elaborate on the kind of things they are likely to do to them., going into as much macabre detail as you wish!

just roll up his sleeve and while you're organising it send another search party into Johnson ross building. doesn't matter what the deluded sadist said-I think he hid her right out in the open....another finger at the state.. he's arrogant enough. You know we did an awful lot of bching during the 2 years... we were on the right track, it seems, all the time.. everything already uncovered today points to that conclusion

I just hadda reply to this..I'm still catching up on todays posts...I was in Champaign Monday so I swung by Johnson Ross bldg again...It was an absolute beehive of activity!.. there were cars and trucks and people everywhere. Obviously some business has moved into the building..it's still got a fence and all the gates are closed but I did catch a workers attention ( I think he's a roofer there ) I asked him if he knew or heard anything about the YY case and whether he knew of any searches there. He said he hadn't heard of any..but he's only been there about 2 months..

I just hadda reply to this..I'm still catching up on todays posts...I was in Champaign Monday so I swung by Johnson Ross bldg again...It was an absolute beehive of activity!.. there were cars and trucks and people everywhere. Obviously some business has moved into the building..it's still got a fence and all the gates are closed but I did catch a workers attention ( I think he's a roofer there ) I asked him if he knew or heard anything about the YY case and whether he knew of any searches there. He said he hadn't heard of any..but he's only been there about 2 months..
Good for you... brings it alive.

Your thinking of the Ryan catcher case, remember that one well. Those ponds at Kickapoo get very deep, upwards of 100’.

Just got home from church. We formed a prayer circle and prayed for YY beautiful spirit, we prayed for her family, for their care, past, present, future.

Yes, that's it. Can't remember, was his last name Catcher or Karcher?

The thing about a lake though is that bodies float to the surface or end up on the shoreline unless weighted down properly/successfully (which is not that easy to do; and doesn't strike me as his 'style'!) -- JMO, I've never believed he deposited her body in a lake (nor in woods) -- if he did I don't believe he'd be so confident of it never being found. Anyway, I think before the trial is over we'll know what he did with her.

I will be interested to see what article it was that he downloaded on decomposition. My guess is that will shed a lot of potential clues on what he did with her. I still think that they, at least at one time, suspected he put her remains in water, because they were searching the lake near his apartment over a period of three days while he was under surveillance, and they were searching some other ponds the evening after he was arrested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbod153