Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #8 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what's going to come out today? I still can't get my head around what he has done. My thoughts are with her family.

Taken from the above link:

He cleaned his car and the blood off the wall and baseboards, Miller said, and bought Drano.

When his wife returned, the visible signs were gone, Miller said.

What is Drano used for please? It's set my mind off in a spin!

Last edited:
I wonder what's going to come out today? I still can't get my head around what he has done. My thoughts are with her family.

He cleaned his car and the blood off the wall and baseboards, Miller said, and bought Drano.

Drano is a liquid product you can buy that cleans drains by dissolving clogs. Usually meant for normal drain clogs in sinks or tubs.

He probably ended up clogging his bathtub drain as he murdered his victim.

Makes me think LE could take apart all the plumbing and maybe find more evidence of her death but since he admits to killing her there may not be a need to do that.

Drain cleaner. My guess is that he wanted to be sure the blood was cleared completely out of the bathtub drain. He cut her head off in the tub while still clinging to life, most likely, so there would be lots of blood.

Drano is a liquid product you can buy that cleans drains by dissolving clogs. Usually meant for normal drain clogs in sinks or tubs.

Makes me think LE could take apart all the plumbing and maybe find more evidence of her death but since he admits to killing her there may not be a need to do that.

Someone on reddit is claiming that the FBI shut the water off to his building so they could remove pipes. My guess is they looked in these pipes but were not able to detect her DNA

Not necessary now, like you say. Plus, I have heard that his apartment has been totally gutted and remodeled, and is now the complex leasing office.

Brendt to TEB at the vigil “I’m getting really good at this”

FBI with a search warrant on June 15th less than ONE week after the crime taking swabs off the murder weapon and the mattress.

Nice try bud.

Every expert at avoiding detection *I * know routinely leaves the blood-stained murder weapon laying on their bedroom floor.....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sadly, if there was one part of his plan that was well thought out and executed, it was disposing of the remains. Either that, or he just benefitted from beginner's luck....

Several law enforcement officers testified about the search for Ms. Zhang and how they identified Christensen as a suspect. (1/8)

I'm sure we'd all like to hear as much detail as possible about what and where they searched; especially after the initial couple weeks.
Going back to the drain cleaning: anytime I've pulled a clogged U-joint fitting off kitchen or bathroom plumbing it's always stained with a lot of whatever has gone through it... depending on the erosion and type of plumbing (and despite the Drano & any other cleaning) I wouldn't be surprised if LE DID find YY's blood stains/DNA in plumbing parts (in fact, I'd expect it).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbod153