Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #9 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW, no blood had been found in his car.
interesting because Christensen went to some trouble to explain he had cut his finger, just in case they found blood in his car.
He expected her blood to be found in his car?
Was that from her first and possibly only trip in his car or did the expectation arise because he used his car again to transport her body elsewhere?

Thank you to @kittythehare and everyone else who is posting updates and links. Because of work, I would have no idea what is happening without them. All of the hard work is truly appreciated.
Sorry it's so scrappy, trying hard to avoid duplication but we're just receiving crumbs and not a full picture

ABC version reckons defense are trying to get torture thrown out
Zhang's family has been in court for all of this, and so has Christensen's father.
Brendt Christensen Trial: Video from 2nd FBI interview played at Yingying Zhang murder trial
listen to the tape,l ast line.
Zhang's boyfriend walked over to BC's dad and extended his hand..

A remarkably classy gesture. This evidence must be hell for him.

Thanks to all who are posting tweets from the proceeding. Sometimes hearing less is more.

= How did he get her into his apartment?
=How did she die?
=when did she die?
=Where is her body?
Put him on the stand, someone, please.

Just some thoughts:

Earlier it was stated here that BC told LE that she was grabbing her hair. Is that how he subdued her, by yanking her down onto the seat by her hair, possibly pulling/twisting it forcefully? [post 41, Still Missing - IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #9 *Arrest*

And did he have the duffel bag in the car that day, and after he tied her or otherwise subdued her further, did he out her in it and carry that into the apartment?

Fading into nothingness is the default for most people,” Christensen told his girlfriend some time before Zhang’s disappearance, according to Miller. “Fading into nothingness is not an option. I’d rather destroy humanity than let that happen.”
The above from the transcript.
This piece discusses death penalty.

Former Illinois Gov. George Ryan, who took the first step toward abolishing the state’s death penalty by placing a moratorium on executions in Illinois in 2000, a year after the state’s last execution, said the federal decision to hold a death penalty trial in Illinois subverted the will of the majority of the residents.

He said he opposes the death penalty on the grounds it’s impossible to ensure innocent people will never be put to death. (!!!)
Why Brendt Christensen Can be Sentenced to Death in a State That Abolished the Death Penalty

I add my thanks as well.
There is no good reason why we cannot have a nice civilised witness list in order of appearance... There was never gonna be any high drama with FBI witnesses that would substantially delay a trial. Defense will drag it out vexatiously, of course, word by word. They are part of the problem

“I know how it looks. That’s why I’m so terrified. That’s why I’m here” (saying he wanted to clear things up)...”I know I didn’t do it....If something was found, I would be in jail right now.” @WCIA3

And just what "it" was that, Brendt? Had they posited to him that they thought he had kidnapped her? IF in any of the interviews up to that point, they hadn't told him they thought he kidnapped her, or did some other sort of crime, I would have been all over that.

And just what "it" was that, Brendt? Had they posited to him that they thought he had kidnapped her? IF in any of the interviews up to that point, they hadn't told him they thought he kidnapped her, or did some other sort of crime, I would have been all over that.
That was the second interview where he approached them and they just decided to let him talk, and talk he did.

A remarkably classy gesture. This evidence must be hell for him.

Thanks to all who are posting tweets from the proceeding. Sometimes hearing less is more.

Getting "torture" thrown out:

1) Rape can be considered torture, as could restraining with duct tape and cutting off her clothes with a knife.

2) the statutory aggravator reads ....heinous, cruel or depraved manner, in that it involved torture and/or serious physical abuse to the victim." He stated he hit her in the head with a baseball bat and it cracked open her skull. They found her DNA on his bat. He said what he did, he did what he said. That's serious physical abuse. Decapitation while dead or if she is still alive: serious physical abuse. Decapitation while she is alive and still conscious: torture and serious physical abuse.

I'll have to see why ABC is saying this, but it is hard to see them getting that thrown out...

Just some thoughts:

Earlier it was stated here that BC told LE that she was grabbing her hair. Is that how he subdued her, by yanking her down onto the seat by her hair, possibly pulling/twisting it forcefully? [post 41, Still Missing - IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #9 *Arrest*

And did he have the duffel bag in the car that day, and after he tied her or otherwise subdued her further, did he out her in it and carry that into the apartment?

Hopefully, more light will be shed on this via the TEB recordings. I do know that when he was trying to set up the consensual kidnapping, he stated he wanted to restrain the woman and stuff her into a big duffle bag to conceal her.....

Ben Zigterman on Twitter

Said search for Ms Zhang continued well into 2018. Searched Clinton Lake Nov 24, 2017. Searched Allerton Park in 2018. Didn't find anything. (4/5)

Exactly as I thought. They have likely been methodically searching local lakes and parks, and haven't turned anything up. I hope they have searched the Lake of the Woods area in Mahomet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18