Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #9 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really do need a comprehensive analysis of the tone, energy, all of it-3D to figger how much of this is credible.
10 minutes strangulation with his big hands around her petite neck?
The full vehemence of his strength on the bat that broke her cranium?
'I had a knife'
A lot of forensics were blood stains from the bedroom.. unless that came under heading of 'I did stuff to her'.
You sure did, with at least one knife... he omitted bits of the sequence(s) it appears?
Did he also have an axe for the alleged decapitation?

Bold added... I agree; obviously he kidnapped & killed her, but I'm not convinced of all these bragging, drunken details. IF there are not close to 12 other victims than I think much of this is questionable as well and likely fantasized bluster from a sicko and failure. Maybe YY was even dead before he ever got her into the apt. Only thing I'm still sure of is that he's guilty as Hell.

Bold added... I agree; obviously he kidnapped & killed her, but I'm not convinced of all these bragging, drunken details. IF there are not close to 12 other victims than I think much of this is questionable as well and likely fantasized bluster from a sicko and failure. Maybe YY was even dead before he ever got her into the apt. Only thing I'm still sure of is that he's guilty as Hell.
Decapitation is neither easy nor quick.
It reads BS to me, quite honestly.
There may be clues in it nonetheless.. that bit about larger women taking more resources for disposal..

this
Tim McNicholas on Twitter
s if this hasn’t been hard enough for zhang’s family, many they were in the courtroom today. Zhang’s father kept his eyes closed throughout the recording.
He told his gf he had been wanting to talk to someone about it and he wanted to kill more people. “I still want to do it. It’s my legacy.” The 2 repeatedly discussed the alcohol they’d been drinking that night and Christensen said he’d started drinking in the afternoon
“I choked her for what must have been 10 minutes. Then I released her. Her breath. I couldn’t believe she was still alive.” Christensen said he hit Zhang in the head with a bat and stabbed her, and she was still alive, so he decapitated her.
Christensen was mostly expressionless. His defense team has tried to paint him as a man with mental health and substance abuse problems who does not deserve the penalty. The trial continues next week.

10:56 PM - 14 Jun 2019

Decapitation is neither easy nor quick.
It reads BS to me, quite honestly.
There may be clues in it nonetheless.. that bit about larger women taking more resources for disposal..

What will shed light on how he may have disposed of her is the article on human decomposition that he downloaded. I don’t think they have detailed that yet....

this
Tim McNicholas on Twitter
s if this hasn’t been hard enough for zhang’s family, many they were in the courtroom today. Zhang’s father kept his eyes closed throughout the recording.
He told his gf he had been wanting to talk to someone about it and he wanted to kill more people. “I still want to do it. It’s my legacy.” The 2 repeatedly discussed the alcohol they’d been drinking that night and Christensen said he’d started drinking in the afternoon
“I choked her for what must have been 10 minutes. Then I released her. Her breath. I couldn’t believe she was still alive.” Christensen said he hit Zhang in the head with a bat and stabbed her, and she was still alive, so he decapitated her.
Christensen was mostly expressionless. His defense team has tried to paint him as a man with mental health and substance abuse problems who does not deserve the penalty. The trial continues next week.

10:56 PM - 14 Jun 2019

Zigterman’s tweet states it as that BC wasn’t sure if she was dead after hitting her with the bat, so he stabbed her in the neck. He says she tried to grab the knife, but then she died. Then he cut her head off.

Have to see the full transcript of his words to see what he said exactly....

This guy is a real piece of work. What really happened to YY? Brendt, you were intoxicated the day of the kidnapping, you were intoxicated at the vigil. You are not “comparable” to Bundy, you were sloppy as hell. You had a rare model of a car, you had a crack in your hub cap, you left the effing murder weapon in your bedroom, you fell right into law official traps.

I have a hard time believing “YY fought harder than any other victim” your 6’ and muscular, she was 5’4 and 110 pounds. When the FBI interviewed him intially on the 12th, just 3 days after the crime, if she truly fought as hard as he says, he would be covered in scratches on his face, arms etc...

This guy is a real piece of work. What really happened to YY? Brendt, you were intoxicated the day of the kidnapping, you were intoxicated at the vigil. You are not “comparable” to Bundy, you were sloppy as hell. You had a rare model of a car, you had a crack in your hub cap, you left the effing murder weapon in your bedroom, you fell right into law official traps.

I have a hard time believing “YY fought harder than any other victim” your 6’ and muscular, she was 5’4 and 110 pounds. When the FBI interviewed him intially on the 12th, just 3 days after the crime, if she truly fought as hard as he says, he would be covered in scratches on his face, arms etc...
His detailed purchases strongly suggest he was planning a knife crime, a bloody crime.
If he had bound her as previous reports suggest she would have little capacity to either scratch him or kick him, but, yeah, it sounds unbelievable.
Is kidnapping and murder sufficient for the DP without all the superseding charges of cruelty and torture? Cruelty and torture are involved in kidnapping and murder anyway, I know..
He told TB that he preferred smaller victims than her, TB, because difference in weight between 100lbs and 150 lbs...
more difficult to restrain, more difficult to carry a distance perhaps afterwards?
We're really no wiser.
Why would he not tell TB where he disposed of her?
Was he, perhaps , preparing a similar fate for TB?

Regarding the alleged other murders, I think that is more credible than all the deaths he gave poor YY.
He always had access to women, he taught.
There was the alleged incident in the graveyard with the girl in 2013...
There are so many missing women...
It is possible but it is not possible to rationally decipher truth from a third hand account or many of a drunken monologue.

Today was the day he could have volunteered to take the stand to spare her family and friends these ugly details.
He did not.
He showed no mercy at all.

His detailed purchases strongly suggest he was planning a knife crime, a bloody crime.
If he had bound her as previous reports suggest she would have little capacity to either scratch him or kick him, but, yeah, it sounds unbelievable.

<RSABBMFF>

He told TB that he preferred smaller victims than her, TB, because difference in weight between 100lbs and 150 lbs...
more difficult to restrain, more difficult to carry a distance perhaps afterwards?
We're really no wiser.
Why would he not tell TB where he disposed of her?
Was he, perhaps , preparing a similar fate for TB?
Today was the day he could have volunteered to take the stand to spare her family and friends these ugly details.
He did not.
He showed no mercy at all.

RBBM

It must have taken a LOT of self-control on TB's part to go with him and tape the conversation.

RBBM

It must have taken a LOT of self-control on TB's part to go with him and tape the conversation.
For sure an extraordinarily brave woman.
She clearly believed him too because she immediately e-mailed her FBI contact.
In the transcript published yesterday, she said she loved him and was agreeing to do it to put him in the clear.
Her entire world must have somersaulted at these revelations.

We will never be able to determine exactly what happened, but there is enough serological and DNA evidence in the apartment that matches the basics of what he says. He raped and abused her in the bedroom according to his words, and they found blood with her DNA on the mattress, carpet, baseboard, under the carpet, and the wall. After choking her, he then describes putting her in the tub and hitting her with a baseball bat so hard that it cracked her skull open. Importantly, they found a bat with a stain on it, and the stain contained her DNA. So, that part matches up. Next, he stabbed her in the neck, she grabbed at it and died or he cut her head off and died. We don’t have a knife with blood residue on it, but we do have some things that support this. 1) Luminal stains detected in the bathroom support the presence of blood. 2) the cadaver dog alerted that a dead body had been present in the bathroom. 3) Drano and swiffer wipes. He cut her head off and she died, or she died and he cut her head off immediately. Lots of blood is going pour out of her and go down that drain.... maybe most of the blood in her body. Lots of blood in the trap may have clotted and combined with matted hair and other gunk in the trap to clog it partially, hence the need to buy Drano. Swiffer wipes were used to clean the bathroom floor and walls, but he wasn’t satisfied he had done enough so he put in a request for “mold treatment” for the grout.

So, while we might not ever know all the precise details of what he did to her, there seems to be enough here to to confirm the basics: raped/abused in the bedroom, beaten with the baseball bat and killed in the bathroom. If we had her remains, we would likely be able to tell that she had been decapitated (knifemaks on cervical vertebrae at level of decapitation, crack in the skull caused by blunt force trauma). Unfortunately we don’t, but I still think there is enough to confirm the basics of what he did.

The bat is super important. Without that and the identification of her DNA on it, it becomes harder to confirm that she had been killed.

I’m glad he did, but he is such a COMPLETE dumbass for leaving that bat in the bedroom instead of getting rid of it.

Contrary to some of the posters here, I believe there is some history with this guy. Bragging is one thing, but comparative bragging, "She fought more than anyone else I've ever met," adds a ring of truth. And in the context of the storyline, it makes sense. He knows he is caught, why not reveal to one person that secret he's been holding onto since he was 19? Worth investigating, anyway, and I'm sure they're already combing the rolls.

Contrary to some of the posters here, I believe there is some history with this guy. Bragging is one thing, but comparative bragging, "She fought more than anyone else I've ever met," adds a ring of truth. And in the context of the storyline, it makes sense. He knows he is caught, why not reveal to one person that secret he's been holding onto since he was 19? Worth investigating, anyway, and I'm sure they're already combing the rolls.
From the outset we thought there would certainly have been history.
There's very many ways to kill and there are very many people who are never reported missing.
He was strong and big physically ,he had opportunity.
It's likely.
Just no evidence, but how hard did they look?

We will never be able to determine exactly what happened, but there is enough serological and DNA evidence in the apartment that matches the basics of what he says. He raped and abused her in the bedroom according to his words, and they found blood with her DNA on the mattress, carpet, baseboard, under the carpet, and the wall. After choking her, he then describes putting her in the tub and hitting her with a baseball bat so hard that it cracked her skull open. Importantly, they found a bat with a stain on it, and the stain contained her DNA. So, that part matches up. Next, he stabbed her in the neck, she grabbed at it and died or he cut her head off and died. We don’t have a knife with blood residue on it, but we do have some things that support this. 1) Luminal stains detected in the bathroom support the presence of blood. 2) the cadaver dog alerted that a dead body had been present in the bathroom. 3) Drano and swiffer wipes. He cut her head off and she died, or she died and he cut her head off immediately. Lots of blood is going pour out of her and go down that drain.... maybe most of the blood in her body. Lots of blood in the trap may have clotted and combined with matted hair and other gunk in the trap to clog it partially, hence the need to buy Drano. Swiffer wipes were used to clean the bathroom floor and walls, but he wasn’t satisfied he had done enough so he put in a request for “mold treatment” for the grout.

So, while we might not ever know all the precise details of what he did to her, there seems to be enough here to to confirm the basics: raped/abused in the bedroom, beaten with the baseball bat and killed in the bathroom. If we had her remains, we would likely be able to tell that she had been decapitated (knifemaks on cervical vertebrae at level of decapitation, crack in the skull caused by blunt force trauma). Unfortunately we don’t, but I still think there is enough to confirm the basics of what he did.

The bat is super important. Without that and the identification of her DNA on it, it becomes harder to confirm that she had been killed.

I’m glad he did, but he is such a COMPLETE dumbass for leaving that bat in the bedroom instead of getting rid of it.

Yes, his story of what took place certainly may be true, but really all we know is that a lot of blood was found in the apt. and cadaver dogs smelled a dead body. I honestly still think it's possible he killed her in the car, took her to the apt. and did horrific things to her deceased body, and then made up a vivid BDSM role-play story for the girlfriend because he was so ashamed of how his plans failed. I’m sure that sounds nuts to many, but I’m stuck on the “13th victim” tale that’s pulled out of nowhere (if it’s false).
If she fought so hard why, as someone already asked, no cuts, scrapes, bruises on him when police visited, and why did no neighbor hear anything?

Talking about #YingyingZhang) BC: "She was valiant." TB: "Did she fight? BC: "She fought more than anyone else I've ever met."

Her poor family. Omg

I just can’t wrap my head around how casual he can be about taking somebody else’s life, I really don’t understand it. It shows an incredible lack of self awareness for himself, not to realise that someone else wouldn’t want to hear him gushing about what he did.

Usually in a murder trial, I get annoyed at people who unfairly attack the defence because of course, they have a job to do and need to give their client the best defence possible, so a mistrial can never be claimed but this logic has been severely tested by BC’s defence team. I just can’t wrap my head around trying to get the case thrown out for prejudicing the jury, after admitting in the opening statement that BC is responsible for the victim’s death. I can’t even begin to comprehend it, it’s just so bizarre.

I totally agree. I mean I get the reasoning... but really think they should skip to the sentencing. Would the prosecutor REALLY refuse LWOP for him? If it would spare the family all of this?

BC: "She was stronger than any victim I've ever had." Later... "Yingying is the only person that has produced evidence that lead back to me. Number 13. I've been at this since I was 19." (AaronEades)

That does sound specific. What if he was sober when he committed other crimes? Could that make the difference in the sloppiness?

If divulged he wanted to kidnap, and rape a victim to his wife and/or gf and they never contacted LE or FBI, then what kind of sick games are they involved in also? It is NOT normal to plan a kidnapping and think this is normal behavior.

Well to be fair, people have those fantasies/fetishes but act on them with consent. So perhaps the wife/gf initially thought that Is what he meant, consensually? But since it wasn't their thing they weren't interested.

She wasn't dead, way too much blood evidence inside.

What will shed light on how he may have disposed of her is the article on human decomposition that he downloaded. I don’t think they have detailed that yet....

It may not tell us anything. It may just be an article like we've looked up. Detailing how long it takes in different conditions. I doubt it will shed light at all.

ABC report
Brendt Christensen Trial: Disturbing new details revealed in audio played at Yingying Zhang murder trial
TB is going to testify next week and her mental health records will be included..
Awful, just awful.

This is still mind blowing to me. We can't get prior DCFS or police records in that show a history of lying and false allegations, in a case of someone making a false allegation!

How the hell are her records at all relevant here? I hope those records show that most of her trauma is from the defendant!

Her poor family. Omg

I totally agree. I mean I get the reasoning... but really think they should skip to the sentencing. Would the prosecutor REALLY refuse LWOP for him? If it would spare the family all of this?

That does sound specific. What if he was sober when he committed other crimes? Could that make the difference in the sloppiness?

Well to be fair, people have those fantasies/fetishes but act on them with consent. So perhaps the wife/gf initially thought that Is what he meant, consensually? But since it wasn't their thing they weren't interested.

She wasn't dead, way too much blood evidence inside.

It may not tell us anything. It may just be an article like we've looked up. Detailing how long it takes in different conditions. I doubt it will shed light at all.

This is still mind blowing to me. We can't get prior DCFS or police records in that show a history of lying and false allegations, in a case of someone making a false allegation!

How the hell are her records at all relevant here? I hope those records show that most of her trauma is from the defendant!
Her family want the death penalty for him. It appears to be a matter of honour for them.
It has been suggested that they would be willing to trade death for LWAP if he discloses the location of her remains.
He has not.
No evidence suggesting he has destroyed them or caused them to be destroyed has been presented or even suggested. Cops searched through 2018, THEY SAID.
If it was something as simple as a waste disposal unit, fire or water, there seems to be no good reason he would not have disclosed that info to TB.
Somebody suggested in last week that it's possible he stored her in the same location he stored others in the past.
I'm pretty surprised they found no other victims.
He had multiple sexual partners according to transcript.
The prosecution have listed the details we heard earlier as facts.
This has to mean that the forensics back those facts.
But again, her dNA on the baseball bat is not proof it was the murder weapon.
Her dNA plus his drunken 'confession' is still not proof.
Because he was drunk and his sequences do not match the forensics as you said, most blood was in bedroom.
There is no evidence presented, so fat that he actually decapitated her and no rationale why he would have needed to decapitate her unless we find a bay'ah which I doubt.

All the searching described, near and far was presented as somewhat haphazard from my own experience of fingertip searching...
I'm still with the theory that he stashed all or part of her.
It is possible the decapitation was because he stores heads only...

No blood in the car.
He wants notoriety.
His defense state he was drunk that day, there is evidence he purchased liquor, not that he had either imbibed it or was in any way drunk...
I think most of what we will be hearing will be incredible.
Maybe he was into vampirism or some such thingy...
why did it have to be a bloody crime?
If it is a thing that he killed others, many others, did he choose a variety of killing methods?
A different style for each victim?
Did Bundy do that?
Sorry, more questions than answers.
I just received a realisation about her parent's attendance a little while before I read your post.

They are there as parents, to ensure the slaughter of their child is punished appropriately.
They are fulfilling their parental duties with courage and fortitude.
They believe they have a duty of care to their daughter though she may well be dead.
God help them.
I just want what they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members