Imperfect Justice-Prosecuting Casey Anthony by Jeff Ashton

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr. Ashton stated on his Facebook page, he has complete control of what is written on the pages, just not the cover.

Thank you so much for you personal insight to the writing/publishing world.I have a question.Do you have an opinion when this book will be released?

You're welcome. :) According to B&N website, release date is Nov 29th. Now I have occasionally seen release dates moved, but usually it's only by a week or so.

I doubt they'd move his release date. This late in the game, the rest of the year (both print run and publicity) is etched in stone.

You're welcome. :) According to B&N website, release date is Nov 29th. Now I have occasionally seen release dates moved, but usually it's only by a week or so.

I doubt they'd move his release date. This late in the game, the rest of the year (both print run and publicity) is etched in stone.

Thanks again.My mom's birthday is Nov 28th. so this may still work.

Just pre-ordered my copy from Amazon through the WS link.

Am so looking forward to the release of this book. I just received my Kindle !! and the first book I ordered was by the same ghost writer .. Lisa Pulitzer (love that name). The book is "Stolen Innocence" about an FDLS young girl. Anxious to get started on it. Loving the Kindle!

Of those the DT are most likely to spin and reinvent history versus provide the real behind-the-scenes scoop, who orchestrated the strategy, when, etc? Credit would not go to those who deserve it since there was a large extended team and too many egos ... I suspect it was not the high profile names that engineered the defense.

I am not so keen on fairy tales ... I'd like the facts.

I think JA's book will be interesting, and entertaining. I look forward to reading JA's version of the prosecutions inside story. HHBP stated during the trial that both sides were guilty of gameplaying. I hope JA addresses this by telling what tactics and maneuvers the prosecution used to thwart the tactics and maneuvers of the defense.

Clearly, JA, LDB, and FG were far more polished and experienced lawyers than JB. I would like to read what tactics this formidable prosecution team used in trying to capitalize on JB's inexperience. In court, we saw the numerous objections by the PT and in this area JB's inexperience came shining through, as he frequently did not give HHBP a sound legal reason to overrule these objections. I want to know if there were other ways JA exploited JB's inexperience. JA had the power of the state behind him, but he was not only up against the inexperienced JB, as there were some formidable attorneys that were part of JB's team. I would like to read what JA thought about the defense tactics. Did he think they were playing dirty pool, or did he think they were innovative in their legal maneuvering? Does he have respect for the defense team, or does he loathe them as many in the general public do?

I would like to read JA's opinion of HHBP. Since he will no longer be prosecuting cases under HHBP, JA can speak candidly. Does JA hold HHBP in the same high regard as the general public, or does he feel HHBP leaned too far over backward in helping the defense overcome JB's inexperience? Does JA think HHBP pushed too hard for this trial to move forward, and did this cause jury selection to be rushed, resulting in a jury that was susceptible to improvement? Does JA feel HHBP handcuffed him in court, and coddled the defense? Does JA feel that HHBP ruled in favor of the defense far too many times, or were HHBP's rulings strictly by the book?

There are soooo many topics I would be interested in what JA has to say, and I hope he touches on all of these in this book.

If JB wrote a book with one of the descendants of the brothers Grimm, I would not be too interested in it.

While November 29 is pretty good, a bit earlier would be better. Book sales peak at Christmas time. The game has changed with the pre-order - so maybe the 11/29 date will be great.

Cover - there are statistics and calculations that go into cover design, color, etc. Best selling authors have their names on the spine in considerably larger typeface than the title of the book. (This is an easy way to pick out best-selling authors while perusing the bookstore shelves.)

Red and black are used more than any other color in book jacket. Book cover designers can be highly paid. You may not be able to tell a book by its cover, but you can torpedo the sales by a poor cover.

@MarkNeJame
Mark NeJame
Had lunch w #jeffashton yesterday. His book on #caseyanthony will be out soon & telling much of what needs to be told. Will be a good read.

I am curious if there was ever a plea deal discussed and hoping he will divulge this.

Mr. Ashton stated on his Facebook page, he has complete control of what is written on the pages, just not the cover.

Does the publisher have to pay to use whatever picture of Casey they decide on?

Does the publisher have to pay to use whatever picture of Casey they decide on?
They may have to pay a fee to the photographer. Not to Casey, though.. Especially since the photos that are shown in the preview are from the still photographer who was present in the courtroom. Plus, it may not be the photographer himself who receives the fee. It would depend on the agreement he has with his employer.. Wasn't he a photographer from one of the Orlando papers or other news organization?

Years and years ago, I worked as a "stringer" for our local newspaper. I was usually sent out to sports events in our local area to take pictures for the paper. Most of the images I took that were printed in the paper never had more interest beyond the local area. One image I took, however, managed to make it outside this area... It was a chance shot I got of a young lady breaking a world record at a track meet at the local college. That image went out to other news organizations. I never received a penny for it's use beyond what I was originally paid for taking the picture in the first place. Beyond the initial payment, the only thing I got for it was picture credit. In other words, they put my name below the picture and that was it.

I am disappointed, and this is a little too Marcia Clark for me...I am sure this has been stated in other places on the thread.

It does give him the opportunity to put some more nails in her coffin in the court of public opinion however. SGonna be tough for FICA to trump the evidence that Ashton has with her fictions.

I am disappointed, and this is a little too Marcia Clark for me...I am sure this has been stated in other places on the thread.

It does give him the opportunity to put some more nails in her coffin in the court of public opinion however. SGonna be tough for FICA to trump the evidence that Ashton has with her fictions.

While I appreciate the thought about Marcia Clark and Jeff Ashton making money off of disaster jury decisions. I really find it pretty offensive to compare the two. While the jury did not vote "guilty" in the OJ trial, Marcia led a prosecution that was a disgrace from the word go - AND - she compared to Baez in media camera face time.

Jeff Ashton's work and delivery in the case against Casey Anthony trial was nothing short of brilliant, and his long legal career has been just stellar. I think he's earned his right to write a book if he chooses to.

Well, given that the jury went with the defense - complete with Casey mouthing comments, Mason snickering and blustering, constant sidebars and Baez's meandering questions and 'cutting the cheese' - I'd guess the jurors weren't actually bothered by excessive and distracting shenanigans.

...and FCA flipping the bird. First time at .43 and the second time at 1:29.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrYrR_IUZTI"]Casey Anthony Flipping Bird Twice In Courtroom - YouTube[/ame]

IMO

While I appreciate the thought about Marcia Clark and Jeff Ashton making money off of disaster jury decisions. I really find it pretty offensive to compare the two. While the jury did not vote "guilty" in the OJ trial, Marcia led a prosecution that was a disgrace from the word go - AND - she compared to Baez in media camera face time.

Jeff Ashton's work and delivery in the case against Casey Anthony trial was nothing short of brilliant, and his long legal career has been just stellar. I think he's earned his right to write a book if he chooses to.
I see a comparison between the two. Marcia lost, and JA lost (in these very high profile cases). What were both lacking? I don't know the answer to that one. Geragos, whom I don't really like, won. What's up with that?

Bottom line, what was wrong with JA and his stellar career that would make him lose, then write a book hoping to make money off Caylee's death. If he were giving all the proceeds to a charity, that would be different. So, in other words....... I don't have the most respect for JA. He lost!

Wow,,,I never thought he would have a book out so fast.

I see a comparison between the two. Marcia lost, and JA lost (in these very high profile cases). What were both lacking? I don't know the answer to that one. Geragos, whom I don't really like, won. What's up with that?

Bottom line, what was wrong with JA and his stellar career that would make him lose, then write a book hoping to make money off Caylee's death. If he were giving all the proceeds to a charity, that would be different. So, in other words....... I don't have the most respect for JA. He lost!
Garagos won? Which case? I recall him losing a BIG one. I'm sure you remember Scott Peterson. Garagos, the fine upstanding lawyer, didn't even bother to show up at the courthouse when the verdict was read. :dunno:

Garagos won? Which case? I recall him losing a BIG one. I'm sure you remember Scott Peterson. Garagos, the fine upstanding lawyer, didn't even bother to show up at the courthouse when the verdict was read. :dunno:
Thank you for the correction. Maybe I was just so glad to SP on DR, to me it was a win for the victims.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnelson