Imperfect Justice-Prosecuting Casey Anthony by Jeff Ashton

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JB/Kimster... Do you have a Websleuths link to order the Kindle through Amazon too? Will this book become available on Kindle?

Not Kimster, but JA did say on his FB page it would probably be available on Kindle as well. There is a check box on the order page to let the publishers know you want that feature as well.

I felt the same way, but I have given it a lot of thought. Someone posted they'd like to see Jeff on Dancing with the Stars, and I thought "nooooo, he is too professional" but really... he is human. He is retired. Maybe we have put him on a pedestal. He deserves to have fun. As far as the hurricane Jose joke, it was just a joke, not slander. I think he has maintained his dignified status. Actually, the next hurricane IS named José!

That was me! :woohoo: And I really was just kidding. Sort of. :giggle:

The e readers are meant to be readable outside or inder bright light like a real book. But they need a light source in the dark. Other devices that are back lit are almost impossible to read outside but don't need a light source in a dark room. My sil struggles to read his ipad outside, my dd needs a light at night for her Nook. My fav reading spot is outside, so I have a Nook. I bought my Nook because it had more options like library downloads. But Kindle has caught up. The Kindle has better battery life but you can't replace the battery when it no longer holds a charge. You have to exchange it for a refurbished model with a fresh battery. Barnes and Noble stores cell batteries you can change yourself. The Kindle can store more books than the Nook. But the nook can hold a media card.

Paying for the right to use e ink is what drives up the price of the readers. Supposedly when the patent runs out the readers will be offered for free with a membership. Something like buy ten ebooks and get a free reader type thing. Don't know how long until that will happen.

FWIW, there are three editions of nook, the first two are black and white and the third is color.

Wah! Canadian - no B&N here - Chapters/Indigo is all I've seen. But Chapters does sell the Kindle...

I download books from my library to my laptop. Can make print as large as I need to and is easy to read in the low light of my bedroom.

Bought the book as well but have been in a long debate about a kindle. Now, only thing left is decision between the kindle and the nook. Decisions !! :waitasec:

Long debate here at home too.
I have 4 Ikea-type bookcases....almost floor to ceiling filled with books, more hardbacks but many paperbacks too.
I also just pre-ordered JA's book and I am crossing off the days on my cal. until it arrives.
Amazon said December 2 release. So 3 days after that I'll be in my reading glory!!!

My family has been hounding me to look into the Kindle-type readers cuz they change the air blue whenever I let them know I'm ready to move furniture....either from boredom or to dust behind.
All the books have to be removed if I want to move those bookshelves which are themselves, very heavy without books.

So I get 'talked to' several times a week either by one of the adult kids or hubby about buying a reader.

There is just something about the feeling of a book in my hand...
And my books are like old friends....I can re-visit, touch, hug them whenever I want.

With these readers, once you pay for the actual reader, don't you also have to pay some kind of monthly internet-type access?

Maybe I'm just too old to change. :)
ETA: The price of the book on Amazon is $16.19 with Free Ship.
Amazon's notice states that should the book go down in price between the time it's pre-ordered and the time they are ready to send it to me, they will give me the cheaper price

Hopefully since this is a hardcover book the cover photos are on a paper jacket which can be removed for comfortable reading. (I do not need to see any more pics of "it" grinning like the Cheshire Cat.)

o/t sorry

lit major - still have all my tired and tattered nortons.

K I N D L E and IPhone app

maybe not the bathtub, but everywhere else. It's a freakin god send and the nosey nosey's don't know what you're reading.

I still buy books, but man o man - doing that wake up in the middle of the night now what might as well read (without waking anyone). New kindle covers have a built in light - for me it's my phone - and I have ALL my books with me wherever I go.

Jeff Ashton posted on his official Facebook page that FCA's picture will be on the cover of the book. He did not want this to happen according to him but it was the "publishers call." UGH! He said the only thing he controls is what is written in the book. I hope the publisher changes his/her mind. Until then, I will get my duct tape ready to make my own book cover.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=190526897679769&id=167094923356300

I've heard of people putting their Kindle in a Ziploc for the bathtub LOL. :great:

Love the idea of putting duct tape on the cover! When I was reading books about Karla Homolka and Paul Bernardo, I had to do that because I was reading it during nap time at work and didn't want any of my preschoolers to even catch a glance of Karla's dead eyes.

I'm holding out for the Kindle version...hopefully they release it on Kindle...if not it will be the first paper book I've bought since I got stuck in an airport without my Kindle a few years ago:)

Anyway, I'm excited to read it, and agree that it's awesome that he got a book deal whilst the A's did not. (JMO, etc. etc.)

No monthly internet access, free membership. Not sure about how epub works. My SIL downloads from that. oh, I hear that textbooks are not cheaper to download. Used paper textbooks are much cheaper. I hear the student crowd is not happy.

Hopefully since this is a hardcover book the cover photos are on a paper jacket which can be removed for comfortable reading. (I do not need to see any more pics of "it" grinning like the Cheshire Cat.)

OT
Your "it' made me laugh b/c I have an old paperback copy of Stephen King's "It" on my bookshelf (DH still likes to read good old paper), and it's the only book turned so I can't see the spine b/c the pic of Pennywise scares me too much!

Imagine the fun one could have defacing the book jacket on JA's new book!

everything above and
love the search features and highlight features esp if doing research or looking for recipes in cookbooks

I was looking at it because there are some autism communication apps you can use on the Nook. I have a Kindle and was surprised at how much more the Nook can do.The Nook is $100 more than the Kindle .
We ended up getting an IPad for our son. Our 11 yr old already had one and I knew I could use it for more than just communication,like watching Cailiou .Yeah,it's great .Cailliou all the time,everywhere we go ,over and over :banghead:

Long debate here at home too.
I have 4 Ikea-type bookcases....almost floor to ceiling filled with books, more hardbacks but many paperbacks too.
I also just pre-ordered JA's book and I am crossing off the days on my cal. until it arrives.
Amazon said December 2 release. So 3 days after that I'll be in my reading glory!!!

My family has been hounding me to look into the Kindle-type readers cuz they change the air blue whenever I let them know I'm ready to move furniture....either from boredom or to dust behind.
All the books have to be removed if I want to move those bookshelves which are themselves, very heavy without books.

So I get 'talked to' several times a week either by one of the adult kids or hubby about buying a reader.

There is just something about the feeling of a book in my hand...
And my books are like old friends....I can re-visit, touch, hug them whenever I want.

With these readers, once you pay for the actual reader, don't you also have to pay some kind of monthly internet-type access?

Maybe I'm just too old to change. :)

I would think if you have internet access that is all you need to order the books. Kindle has several kinds, one is wi-fi, another is 3G, etc. I know what you mean about hugging the books. I just got rid of, as in given away, just about all of mine. Just to save space.

I am not sure I can do this and if it is not allowed Please remove. This is the link to the Overvie of JA's book. Interesting.
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/imp...w+imperfect+justice+prosecuting+casey+anthony

Sounds good! "With behind the scenes information, including the explosive details that have never been made public, Ashton details what the prosecution got right, what they got wrong, and why he remains completely convinced of Casey Anthony's guilt."

ETA: I wonder what he has to say about the diary!

Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony
---Jeff Ashton with Lisa Pulitzer

http://www.lisapulitzer.com/
---Lisa Pulitzer BIO---

---snipped---

Lisa Pulitzer is a former correspondent for The New York Times. She is the author of more than a dozen non-fiction books in the areas of True Crime and Current Events.
She has ghostwritten at least five hardcovers, among them a Number One New York Times bestseller about the Scott Peterson case.

Lisa has just completed Portrait of a Monster, Joran van der Sloot, A Murder in Peru, and the Natalee Holloway Mystery.

Venturing back in to post. I haven't since the dreadful verdict, and have been here reading and reading and thanking and thanking but just couldn't bring myself to speak out whatsoever. Thanks to all that have continued to be here for Caylee. I too will be ordering JA's book via the WS link at Amazon, and am looking forward to reading what he has to say. I fear I will only want more though, as it may not be enough. As many have opined here, the book by then prosecutor V Bugliosi, Helter Skelter was such a powerfully written book which gave so many intricate details and behind the scene stories of the creepy Manson Murders. I can only hope that the anticipated success of this 200 some page book will only inspire JA or others to keep it coming! Because we want to hear it all!

Not sure when he will do twitter, but I like the occasional posts he and his wife put on FB. One from the other day, he was thanking everyone for the positive comments and said he hoped everyone survived Irma ( he meant Irene) and he also said " I look forward to hurricane Jose-- whole lot of wind not much substance.......Why does that remind me of something :) "
:giggle:
I love him and can't wait to read his book.

Hurricane Jose has already 'fizzled'. :floorlaugh: Even TWC has moved on to Katia? (Diff. spelling because they retired "Katrina")

Wah, Canadian - no Target!! What an afternoon!

No Target store YET! LG
Since Target has purchased Zellers from HBC, Hopefully a store will be converted to Target before the book is released!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ragnimom